Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2017, 23:57   #16

Re: Team-BHP's first SRT-powered Dodge Charger ScatPack! 6.4L Hemi V8

Congrats on the beauty! Great color too! Would love to hear more about your experience(s) 6 months from now.

I've been toying with the idea of a Dodge as my next, once my current lease expires. The 2018 Durango SRT gets me drooling. Hopefully, by the end of next year, I can lay my hands on a nice CPO piece. Fingers crossed!
Old 29th September 2017, 00:15   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocooner View Post
Congrats on the beauty! Great color too! Would love to hear more about your experience(s) 6 months from now.
Thank you! The Durango SRT sure looks amazing! And I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find a nice deal on a CPO since many people tend to lease them and give them away before an year! I would suggest you look for cars in the Detroit and New York area as most of the dodge cars are concentrated there owing to their headquarters. I'm sure you'll find a great deal for a car which has run less than 10K miles. Also, the dealerships around the Detroit area always have a lot of cars in stock and you'll be able to negotiate a pretty killer deal if things go right.
Old 29th September 2017, 18:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Prakyath89: You should make a video of that 6.4L beast waking up and post it here. Please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSparrow View Post
Congratualtions!!! Kudos to you for not going the desi way and buying a honda or a toyota. Nothing wrong with those cars but just about every indian drives them, including me ('17 4Runner TRD PRO).
At least you didn't go for the Highlander. The 4Runner itself sets you apart from the usual crowd.
Old 11th October 2017, 23:58   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Prakyath89: You should make a video of that 6.4L beast waking up and post it here...
Sorry I disappeared for so long. I took a quick video the other day. I cannot say this is a cold start. However, this is how the car sounds when I remote start it. Man I smile every time that engine wakes up!

I hope you enjoy the sound as well. PS: Please turn up the volume.

prakyath89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 02:25   #20

Quote:
Prakyath89: You should make a video of that 6.4L beast waking up and post it here. Please!!
UPDATE: So I came back from India from a month long vacation waiting to drive the scat, and Michigan being Michigan had 6 inches of snow that day. I tried to drive the car out of my garage and to the road. It lost traction on a small hill and got stuck!

This was a given owing to the insane torque and a RWD setup combined. I spent nearly an hour moving the car one inch at a time and finally parked it back in the garage. People here advised me to get winter tires, so I've order a set of wheels and tires since it is easier to swap the wheels than to just get the tires replaced every other season. Anyway I wanted to ask you how your car handles the snow? Given that it is an AWD I'm guessing it'll be much better in terms of handling and not getting stuck on a small hill!
Old 9th January 2018, 19:32   #21
BHPian

LOVE your license plate! Indians have really been repping with their rides in the US of late. I've seen quite a few Mustangs in the Houston area of late, all repping various combinations of Kerala and Kottayam haha. Love it!
AbelAFC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2018, 22:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakyath89 View Post
Anyway I wanted to ask you how your car handles the snow? Given that it is an AWD I'm guessing it'll be much better in terms of handling and not getting stuck on a small hill!
AWD still needs good tires. I experimented with my second set of tires when I went with Toyos. They were average. But for my third set I switched to Conti ExtremeContact and have been a happy driver since then. This is the second snow season on these tires.
My car is able to handle snow, ice, rain, snowstorm without any trouble, be it going up a hill or down. I do have to keep in mind the laws of Physics though and drive with extreme caution when the conditions demand.
amitoj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2018, 22:56   #23

Quote:
AWD still needs good tires. I experimented with my second set of tires when I went with Toyos. They were average. But for my third set I switched to Conti ExtremeContact and have been a happy driver since then. This is the second snow season on these tires...
I had to get a new set of snow tires. The car refused to even get out of the driveway! I got a new set of rims and tires mounted from tirerack for $1.5K. Even though it was expensive at first I figured it'll be easy to just swap out the wheels rather than just get snow tires and get them installed every winter. Anyway I thank tirerack for making it easy for me to pick out a good winter set up. The website even suggested a pre-selected setup with an 18inch wheel and Bridgestone Blizzak tires. I have to tell you the car feels like a tank even in the snow now. I underestimated how much of a difference a tire can make while driving on snow. Two sand bags and a new set of tires it is a different car altogether!

This is the before pic:
Team-BHP's first SRT-powered Dodge Charger ScatPack! 6.4L Hemi V8-ddcf522892b1410e9cdb93fb71728716.jpg

This is the after pic:
Team-BHP's first SRT-powered Dodge Charger ScatPack! 6.4L Hemi V8-img_4055.jpg
prakyath89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 01:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

Just stumbled upon this thread. Hows your car doing ?
I wanted to buy a hellcat or a SRT, but sadly they don't come in a AWD avatar.
Had to settle down on the SXT AWD , 3.6 Pentastar. AWD was always a priority as i stay in a region which has heavy snowfall. The AWD has served me a lot to navigate safely in terrible conditions.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP's first SRT-powered Dodge Charger ScatPack! 6.4L Hemi V8-dodge-snow.jpg  

Team-BHP's first SRT-powered Dodge Charger ScatPack! 6.4L Hemi V8-maple.jpeg  

Last edited by amit_mechengg : 7th November 2018 at 01:25.
amit_mechengg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 02:08   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Just stumbled upon this thread. Hows your car doing ?
I wanted to buy a hellcat or a SRT, but sadly they don't come in a AWD avatar...
Hi Amit,

Congrats on you purchase. Your car looks great!

My car is doing really well. I could not have opted for a more fun car to drive in that price range. I've been using a really good set of winter tires. The car grips really well in snow with a sandbag in the trunk. Although, sometimes I have go easy on the pedal because of all that torque. I've done close to 36,000 miles now and the car has been though one rough winter in Michigan and Illinois.

Dodge have discontinued their SRT model from 2019. The new Scatpack/Daytona is basically the new SRT.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks