Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2017, 19:22   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider View Post
At how many kms. are you now ? And what is the battery voltage ?
Mine is around 2000kms so far and battery voltage seems to be normal as I am not facing any challenge in starting. I have not measured my battery voltage though.
Are you facing any issues with battery voltage?
Old 15th October 2017, 19:51   #62
BHPian

Battery Voltage is displayed under vehicle info on the display console. Mine is 13.9 V
Old 15th October 2017, 20:32   #63
BHPian

re: Rise of the Silver Surfer | Chronicles of our Jeep Compass 4x2 Limited | EDIT: Sold

No problems at all.. My battery is at 13.9 V. Steady. Very less mileage as the kids were giving their term end exams. No problem at all regarding starting. Just asked at what voltage the battery is after running for 2000 kms.

The battery voltage is available as one of the features in the MID on the instrument panel.

Last edited by RedRaider : 15th October 2017 at 20:35.
Old 15th October 2017, 21:06   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No problems at all.. My battery is at 13.9 V. Steady. Very less mileage as the kids were giving their term end exams. No problem at all regarding starting. Just asked at what voltage the battery is after running for 2000 kms.

The battery voltage is available as one of the features in the MID on the instrument panel.
Thanks for highlighting as I haven't noticed this yet!
Today I got my headlight bulbs upgraded to LED HB3 bulbs at the dealerships. They cost a bomb at 18k and come with 2 year warranty. I did not want to take outside options as that would mean risking the electrical warranty. The led bulbs are a direct fit with no cutting required of any type. They are fanless and compact in size with a heat sink.

The original main beam bulbs in the LTD version are HB3 of Sylvania make.
The LED HB3 bulbs I got from the dealer are Excelite make and supplied by a local Faridabad dealer.
The light output is 5000 lumens vs the stock 1860 lumens of the halogens with a colour temperature of 6500K.

Access to the main light bulbs is by opening the wheel liners in the front wheel wells after turning the tyres.
Attached Thumbnails
Rise of the Silver Surfer | Chronicles of our Jeep Compass 4x2 Limited | EDIT: Sold-1508081712932.jpg  

Rise of the Silver Surfer | Chronicles of our Jeep Compass 4x2 Limited | EDIT: Sold-1508081727037.jpg  

Rise of the Silver Surfer | Chronicles of our Jeep Compass 4x2 Limited | EDIT: Sold-1508081737789.jpg  

Last edited by Behemoth : 15th October 2017 at 21:11.
Behemoth is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 21:28   #65
BHPian

re: Rise of the Silver Surfer | Chronicles of our Jeep Compass 4x2 Limited | EDIT: Sold

The battery charge display is going to be very useful for people who have multiple cars or people who drive the Compass rarely. It will help in monitoring the battery and keeping it properly charged.
Old 16th October 2017, 09:18   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Today I got my headlight bulbs upgraded to LED HB3 bulbs at the dealerships. They cost a bomb at 18k and come with 2 year warranty. I did not want to take outside options as that would mean risking the electrical warranty. The led bulbs are a direct fit with no cutting required of any type. They are fanless and compact in size with a heat sink.
Do post pictures of the light beams after the replacement. And some before pictures if you jave them.
Old 16th October 2017, 10:11   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Today I got my headlight bulbs upgraded to LED HB3 bulbs at the dealerships. They cost a bomb at 18k and come with 2 year warranty.
Quote:
The OEM halogen projectors are just barely sufficient and I find myself using fog lamps at night time for more light. I am looking to upgrade to Xenon HIDs but when the option becomes available as a dealer fitted accessory which he has promised will be available soon.
Xenons should make a good difference in the lighting.
Thanks Behemoth, for providing a steady stream of updates. How is the night driving now, with the LED HB3? The major gripe that most of the owners seem to have is that the projector halogens are considerably inadequate, especially on highways, more so when there are rains also. Does this put the lighting issue to rest?

With pretty much everyone criticizing the efficacy of the OEM headlamps, FCA should take an initiative of upgrading the lights (at a nominal cost if they must), and refunding the early adopters like yourselves.
Old 16th October 2017, 12:11   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
Thanks Behemoth, for providing a steady stream of updates. How is the night driving now, with the LED HB3? The major gripe that most of the owners seem to have is that the projector halogens are considerably inadequate, especially on highways, more so when there are rains also. Does this put the lighting issue to rest?

With pretty much everyone criticizing the efficacy of the OEM headlamps, FCA should take an initiative of upgrading the lights (at a nominal cost if they must), and refunding the early adopters like yourselves.
The main beam light is much brighter now in low beam. In high beam it is a bit scattered but ok. Now there is a colour mismatch between the fog lamps (which also act as cornering lamps) and I am thinking of getting them changed too. I have ordered H11 led bulbs from Aliexpress and will change them myself when they arrive.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 13:55   #69
BHPian

Quote:
The main beam light is much brighter now in low beam. In high beam it is a bit scattered but ok. Now there is a colour mismatch between the fog lamps (which also act as cornering lamps) and I am thinking of getting them changed too. I have ordered H11 led bulbs from Aliexpress and will change them myself when they arrive.

The only yellow element after that would be the DRLs, I believe. Heard of some folks looking for alternatives there as well.
Old 23rd October 2017, 18:01   #70
BHPian

Behemoth> I drove the Petrol version today. All was well, except that I found it to oversteer a bit,more so on higher speeds (50kmph+).
Have you experienced anything of that sort?
How is the overall steering feel and experience?

Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd October 2017, 20:56   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularIndian View Post
Behemoth> I drove the Petrol version today. All was well, except that I found it to oversteer a bit,more so on higher speeds (50kmph+).
Have you experienced anything of that sort?
How is the overall steering feel and experience?

Thanks in advance.
Hi RegularIndian
In my Compass which is the Diesel variant I don't experience oversteer. It could possibly be from a lighter front end in the petrol version. It also depends to a large extent on the current car you drive as you would be judging it by your current vehicle. Some vehicles have a well weighted steering (specifically Fords) and you may be finding the Compass steering lighter than usual.
Old 23rd October 2017, 22:20   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Hi RegularIndian
In my Compass which is the Diesel variant I don't experience oversteer. It could possibly be from a lighter front end in the petrol version. It also depends to a large extent on the current car you drive as you would be judging it by your current vehicle. Some vehicles have a well weighted steering (specifically Fords) and you may be finding the Compass steering lighter than usual.
Thank you Behemoth! This helps. Probable reasons you mention make sense.
Old 23rd October 2017, 23:15   #73
BHPian

I drive a Ford Fiesta for the last 11 years and coming from the Fiesta to the Compass, the steering feel is much lighter. The steering feel of the Fiesta is exceptionally good.

Last edited by RedRaider : 23rd October 2017 at 23:17.
Old 24th October 2017, 09:39   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I drive a Ford Fiesta for the last 11 years and coming from the Fiesta to the Compass, the steering feel is much lighter. The steering feel of the Fiesta is exceptionally good.
Yes even I had the first gen Fiesta for 5 years and loved that car a lot. It had great steering feedback and very good dynamics. Even with only 68 Bhp (diesel) I never found it underpowered. Now even with the Compass's 170 bhp I find it underpowered !!
Old 24th October 2017, 10:53   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Yes even I had the first gen Fiesta for 5 years and loved that car a lot. It had great steering feedback and very good dynamics. Even with only 68 Bhp (diesel) I never found it underpowered. Now even with the Compass's 170 bhp I find it underpowered !!
Good point there. I used to drive a Ford Ikon Rocam and still have the feeling it was more powerful than the current cars. Or maybe our expectations have gone higher. Have clocked 1111 kms on the Compass and still the engine sounds funny. On idle it feels like water being circulated. Not sure if it's just mine, would be great if you can comment on the engine note.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks