Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2018, 16:05   #31
BHPian

re: My 2017 Jaguar XF 25t : Now Stage 2 with 306 BHP on tap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviral2122 View Post
Thanks for the information!
I am getting a portfolio. Same as yours a CBU unit.
Any other specific input you would like to give with respect to car in the past many months of usage, any issues or niggles apart from the ones you've mentioned already.
Nope, she has been perfect throughout knock on the wood sans the vibration issue!
What happened to the vibration issue?
Did it sort out, if yes then how? And if not what did the JLR tech say?
Thanks.
They replaced the mounts but its still there not that its very noticeable but slight is present. I'm sending the car again this Monday. Have been travelling extensively and couldn't get to use the car much in the last one month or so.

PS: Mind sharing what deal you're getting in the inbox ?
Old 4th April 2018, 00:18   #32
BHPian

Just a quick update guys, the car has done 6500 kms and is now due for first service...

Did few mods and the one that got me a little excited was the new Borla mufflers, not due to its note but installing it has made the complete vibration disappear and its feeling as smooth as an I-4 can get, almost at par or better than my 740Li

Here are the list of mods I carried out;
- 2 x Borla ProXs Free Flow Muffler
- Akrapovic CF exhaust tips
- Custom-Made one off BMW M4 spoiler modified to fit the car

and a lot of more pending along with some proper pics...

Here's a small video of the exhaust note...

shout-out to akshay1234 for helping me with mods, truly a GENIUS and to my brother A.Shubrah for inspiring
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 19:15   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Just a quick update guys, the car has done 6500 kms and is now due for first service...

Did few mods and the one that got me a little excited was the new Borla mufflers, not due to its note but installing it has made the complete vibration disappear and its feeling as smooth as an I-4 can get, almost at par or better than my 740Li

Here are the list of mods I carried out;
- 2 x Borla ProXs Free Flow Muffler
- Akrapovic CF exhaust tips
- Custom-Made one off BMW M4 spoiler modified to fit the car

and a lot of more pending along with some proper pics...

Here's a small video of the exhaust note...
https://Youtu.be/iwqFPv2FPos

shout-out to akshay1234 for helping me with mods, truly a GENIUS and to my brother A.Shubrah for inspiring
The update is indeed inspiring. As far as the feeling of vibration that you mention has disappeared, could it be possible that the exhaust was not as per the engine requirements to start of with?
Is it possible that this upgrade has had performance enhancement as well, I understand you have not been able to do back to back comparison of the car owing to your travels but still we all would love to know about the initial feeling that you got, while it is not scientific a gut feeling or observation can be right.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
aviral2122 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2018, 00:07   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviral2122 View Post
The update is indeed inspiring. As far as the feeling of vibration that you mention has disappeared, could it be possible that the exhaust was not as per the engine requirements to start of with?

Is it possible that this upgrade has had performance enhancement as well, I understand you have not been able to do back to back comparison of the car owing to your travels but still we all would love to know about the initial feeling that you got, while it is not scientific a gut feeling or observation can be right.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
It could be the design of the stock mufflers as whichever XE or XF I checked (Thanks to JLR India I was shown about 5 cars with same engine in between all this and they had similar vibrations) whereas this one seem to have sorted that issue completely. Initial feeling was very exciting totally due to this. Performance aspect I really can't comment as I have changed the fuel mixture as well (Using regular petrol with Porsche keropur petrol additive instead proctane due to large volume of it needed to be carried). Will do a V-Box test soon since a friend is visiting with his V-Box, will post the results here.
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 14:25   #35
BHPian

7500 kms update:

Got the first service done, the servicing was done in as less as 4 hours which was quick IMO. Was happy with Navnit's service overall and even more happy with the bill which was lower than any service bill I have got for a premium car - under the 50% 5 year service plan that is coming with the all modern JLRs post-2017...the service included a good wash and vacuuming & costed 13,500 only.

Straight after the service took her again for some more work ie to get some more horses under the bonnet and a nice detailing; Result is she's now churning out 270 bhp & 450 nm and the difference is very noticeable. Funnily with every mod the engine is become more smoother and even the exhaust note has changed slightly. Did a Mumbai to Shirdi & back trip on the same day and it really performed better than before and returned a fuel economy of 11 kmpl. Couldn't get better. Only a more quicker if it can
My 2017 Jaguar XF 25t : Now Stage 2 with 306 BHP on tap!-img_9675.jpg

My 2017 Jaguar XF 25t : Now Stage 2 with 306 BHP on tap!-image1.jpeg
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 01:41   #36
BHPian

Been a while since I updated this thread, its been exactly double of the mileage since I updated last and at 15000 kms I'm just done with my second service, yet again with a bill of only 12,500. Following the second service I have gone in for a midlife makeover for the car with the chrome delete and 'Speed Ministry' Stage-2 Remap along with Catless Downpipe, claimed figures are 300 bhp and 450 nm torque. Done about 1000 kms since remap and the major difference is at the higher rpm;
My 2017 Jaguar XF 25t : Now Stage 2 with 306 BHP on tap!-dsc03467.png
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 13:11   #37
BHPian

She is looking really cool with chrome gone. How has been the service experience and post the remap how does the handling feel?
Old 3rd March 2020, 00:19   #38
BHPian

Been a while since I updated this thread, the car has done about 20,000 Kms now and doing great. The myth that owning a JLR is troublesome is only going down day by day and my love for the brand increasing. Having owned BMW 7 Series and at a similar age that car had steering rack replaced, roof rattles and endless tantrums however this feels solid still

The car went back to the workshop for windshield replacement as the windshield got chipped while driving. The work was done under insurance and even though the service wasn't due I had the oil and oil filter changed. Yet again a bill of only about 15k for basic Oil Filter and Oil Change
My 2017 Jaguar XF 25t : Now Stage 2 with 306 BHP on tap!-whatsapp-image-20191022-3.54.30-pm.jpeg
Decided to do some mid life make over right at the workshop so placed an order for "R-Sport Side Skirts" that I had been craving since a long long time ever since I saw one in Dubai. Really debatable if they were worth 70k a pair with installation but the muscle and curve it adds to the side profile justifies the price IMHO, specially considering they or anything similar weren't available outside.

The following mods have been carried out at the workshop

- OEM R Sport Side Skirt
My 2017 Jaguar XF 25t : Now Stage 2 with 306 BHP on tap!-whatsapp-image-20191014-6.09.31-pm.jpeg
- OEM Frameless Mirrors
My 2017 Jaguar XF 25t : Now Stage 2 with 306 BHP on tap!-whatsapp-image-20191019-5.42.38-pm.jpeg
- "M" Style Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps
My 2017 Jaguar XF 25t : Now Stage 2 with 306 BHP on tap!-whatsapp-image-20191015-3.13.28-pm.jpeg
- Illuminated I Pace Badge
My 2017 Jaguar XF 25t : Now Stage 2 with 306 BHP on tap!-whatsapp-image-20200303-12.17.05-am.jpeg

If I actually had to mention something thats not totally right with the car it'd be a 'bit of droning' after the downpipe and also the 50 rpm 'rpm shake' or misfire when the steering is totally moved to extreme left or right while parking or exiting the park. Any views on what could it be ? I'll be sending the car for a brake pads change soon so thinking of having the spark plugs changed too. Any opinions on what else to keep in mind ?

Last edited by AdiSinghV12 : 3rd March 2020 at 00:37.
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 15:20   #39
BHPian

Re: My 2017 Jaguar XF 25t : Now Stage 2 with 306 BHP on tap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
If I actually had to mention something thats not totally right with the car it'd be a 'bit of droning' after the downpipe and also the 50 rpm 'rpm shake' or misfire when the steering is totally moved to extreme left or right while parking or exiting the park. Any views on what could it be ? I'll be sending the car for a brake pads change soon so thinking of having the spark plugs changed too. Any opinions on what else to keep in mind ?
I am facing this rpm shake issue. I am using a 2015 XF 2.2 Aerosport and I too notice this steering rpm shiver when turning from a stop or parking. I noticed it like by 2020 or so and I have replaced the engine mounts etc but this issue persists. It's a nuisance of sorts. Have you figured this out? Do update. God Speed
Old 28th February 2024, 16:13   #40

Required help for my Jag

Hello all,

This is my first time that I’m writing to you all.

I have a 2017 Jaguar XF 25 T Portfolio (Petrol) that I have used for a while.

It produces a decent 245 BHP with a nice sound to it and good performance whenever I need it.

But now is been about some time that I’ve owned this car and I want to do some performance upgrades to it.

Please suggest what could be an ideal way to go ahead as it’s a 2 L turbocharged engine.
Old 14th March 2024, 17:24   #41
BHPian

Re: Required help for my Jag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xf25t View Post
Please suggest what could be an ideal way to go ahead as it’s a 2 L turbocharged engine.
Found this option in Mumbai. Do consult your local Jaguar owners group before taking the plunge.

https://www.n1-racing.com/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks