Team-BHP - From a Honda City to a Fiat Linea T-Jet
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   From a Honda City to a Fiat Linea T-Jet (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/189766-honda-city-fiat-linea-t-jet.html)

After reading Team-BHP blogs for couple of years as non-registered user and for couple of months as registered member, today I decided to write my first post. And yes, there’s a special reason to write it. Fasten your seat belt and read on.
I developed affection towards cars at very early age, maybe when I was in high school; however we did not own one until recently. Cars passing by always enticed me. I also used to carefully observe parked cars inside out and top to bottom. Honda City (it was Type 2 then) was one of my favorites. I liked it so much that I assured myself, I will own this beast one day.

During engineering, I developed an eye for technical details of cars and machines. After starting my first job and saving enough to own at least a used car, I started my search. Love for Honda City Type 2 was still alive. I visited so many used car dealers in Pune expecting to drive away Honda City Type 2. I test drove so many VTech and Exi Citys however they were either poorly maintained or very expensive. And one fine day, I found a very well maintained; Nov 2002 manufactured Black Honda City 1.5 EXi in my budget. It had clocked ~125000km but it did not matter. From what I had read on Team-BHP, this car was capable of clocking 1 lac more kilometers without engine being touched. I inspected the car thoroughly; test drove it couple of times and found absolutely no defects. Although not BHPian, old owner was also a genuine car lover. I handed the cheque to the owner and drove this black beauty home.
This black beauty kept me surprising every time I drove it, may it be bumper to bumper city traffic or highway cruising. Gear ratios were so wisely chosen by Honda engineers that I never stalled my car, really! Keeping my safe driving style intact, I experimented all the things on this car. I opened the throttle wide open many times and car took all that abuse really easily. She was wearing Michelin Energy 195/60 R14 shoes which almost always complemented TYPE 2’s cornering ability. It had all that I needed to satiate my hunger. It only lacked high-speed stability and some safety features but my defensive driving style did not allow me to reach those high triple digit speeds so lack of safety features did not bother me much. By end of Q3 of 2016, I had driven about 35k in nearly two years.

Honda City Type 2 EXi 1.5L (Nov 2002):
From a Honda City to a Fiat Linea T-Jet-20150313.jpg

Need of a new car:
In the month of November 2016, I got married and my road trips considerably increased. I started feeling the need of a safer car for my family. Earlier when I drove all alone in my sexy Honda City Type 2, I did not care much about Airbags, ABS, EBD however now in the loaded family car, I wanted all those safety feature primarily.
Going by the condition of City, it was not an old car by any means. It was still as young as it would have been in 2002. I was not willing to sell it off to buy a new one but keeping and maintaining two cars would surely have been overhead.
It was a tough decision to sell her off. With a heavy heart I let it go. I was so involved with the car that tears rolled down my eyes when the new owner drove it away from my parking. It was the first time I was seeing my own Honda City moving, from outside of the car. No one had driven it without me being in the car, NEVER!:mad:

Alternatives considered for purchase and the decision:
Immediately after selling the old car, I started my new car’s search. City had already set the bar higher. I wanted a car that is at least as powerful and as satisfying as TYPE 2. Additionally, I wanted ABS and minimum 2 Airbags. I am not fond of fancy features and electronics. I could live without touchscreen infotainment, reversing camera, auto folding mirrors. My budget was also limited to 10L.

I test drove many cars, including Baleno RS, Ford Figo and Aspire, new Skoda Rapid & Vento TSI siblings and Punto Abarth. I had to rule out Rapid and Vento due to limited budget. Baleno RS did not give me the feeling of true Rally Sport car (It disappointed me to the great extent. I revved it hard till the redline, perhaps a revv limiter kicked in and RPM suddenly dropped. My interest of owning Baleno RS died. And it was way too expensive for the package the car had to offer. I straight away rejected it). Ford cars had all required things however their skinny and small tires made me nervous. I decided to fall back on one of the Ford cars if no other car impressed me.

Somewhere in the month of March, Sky Moto Fiat had their cars on display in my office premise. I went to check out their fleet. I requested a test drive of Abarth however it was not available in office campus. Sky Moto arranged a test drive the very next day. I was spell bound by the performance of this true blue hot hatch, I literally fell in love with this Italian beauty but unfortunately it was beyond my budget. I had read stories of Fiat offering hefty discounts but Abarth had absolutely no discounts. Disappointed, I came back home. Next day, while I was in office, Sky Moto sales rep called me to inform that they have one minimal grey Linea T-JET that I will surely like and it is on offer. I rushed to the showroom. When I reached, I got to know that it is not the new 125s but the old 114PS T-JET manufactured in the mid of 2016. It was nearly a year old car already. It made me a little upset. And moreover, I did not have a chance to test drive that same car. I decided to test drive the new 125s to get the feel of turbo petrol Linea. As soon as I put my foot on the accelerator, the car pushed me back deep into the seat, and with a hint of a torque steer, jumped forward. The feeling was super exiting. I was grinning ear to ear. And that wide smile remained throughout the day.

Booking and Delivery Experience:
I showed some interest in 2016 manufactured 114PS T-JET with a condition to personally get involved in Pre-delivery Inspection. They agreed. I took an appointment of sales rep to thoroughly inspect the car. I test drove it multiple times, had it lifted to check the underbody, had the wheels removed to check for any rusting and what not. I was continuously reading Team-BHP posts to make sure that I am not making any wrong decision.

After multiple visits to Fiat Workshop, and making doubly sure that car was in absolutely good shape, we made our mind to buy it. The original price was above 11.5L. They were offering good discount but final price was still little above my budget. I negotiated hard to crack the deal and got the final price reduced to 9.xx L + mud flaps, floor mats and zero dep insurance. Sky Moto Staff was really helpful. They answered my all queries satisfactorily, listened to all my requests and fulfilled them. Sales rep was car enthusiast himself. He accompanied me on all my test drives and suggested me to experiment everything I could on the car. T-Jet surprised me every time. It took all the abuse very easily. At that point, I was convinced that it is a very capable car. I completed all the formalities in the first week of May 2017 and started preparing to welcome the new member.

Overall, Sky Moto showroom experience was very good. They offered water and coffee to every person visiting them. Staff was courteous and helping.

We scheduled the delivery on Sunday, 7th May 2017. Finally the D-Day arrived. I had already bought a small gift for sales rep. I went to Sky Moto Showroom with my family at around 11:00 O’ clock. They had made car ready for Pooja. After completing all the paperwork and extending the thank you note, we drove our beautiful T-JET home.

From a Honda City to a Fiat Linea T-Jet-img_20170507_130241.jpg

Safety Features:
Now that the purpose of changing the car was precisely 'lack of safety features in the old car', I will start my new car's discussion describing its safety features.

Linea has got decent safety feature package. It has got solid build quality which many cars in this class and a class above lacks today.

It is a topic of argument whether car's sheet metal should be stronger or only the impact mitigating body frame is sufficient, but I feel safe inside the tank-like strong built Fiat.

Car has four 3-point seat belts with pretensioner & load limiter and one two point seat-belt (for rear bench middle passenger) as primary restraint system. It has two 2-stage airbags, one for each driver and front passenger, with early crash sensors. Passenger airbag can be deactivated from the system menu if required. All four wheels are equipped with disc brakes, out of which front two are ventilated and rear two are solid discs. ABS and EBD are also available for efficient braking. Car additionally has automatic fuel cut-off in case of accident and collision to prevent fire. It has auto door-lock when car reaches speed of 20kmph and also has driver's seat belt warning buzzer. Configurable speed limit buzzer is also provided and can be configured from system menu. Speedo console has door open warning indicator and MID displays exact door left open, including trunk lid. Reversing parking sensors are also provided for parking assistance. Car also comes equipped with front & rear fog lamps and a rear defogger. Ignition has immobilizer with rolling code policy.

I personally feel that it is a future-ready car in terms of safety and fulfills my all safety requirements.

Driving Experience, Handling and Creature Comfort:
I have completed 5k+ kilometers so far, which is mix of highway and city (60% highway, 40% city) driving and I am delighted to say that this is truly a driver’s car. It makes me happy every time I put my foot down and drive away. It has wide 205 section Apollo tires (205/55 R16). With these fat tires, car glides over small to medium potholes. It feels as if those potholes do not exist on the road. Bigger patch of broken tarmac troubles only slightly. Straight-line stability is outstanding. Cornering ability is equally well. Steering feedback is so accurate that driver perfectly knows what’s happening with the wheels on the road. Going into and out of the corner gives passionate drivers a feeling of satisfaction; thanks to hydraulic power steering. Electric/electronic power steering could not have achieved this perfection. Pickup and torque is mind-blowing. Mid-range is really strong. I never feel underpowered. If I accelerate hard from stand still position, my wife gets the feeling that one usually gets during airplane take off. Someone has rightly said “With great power comes great responsibility.” Fiat seems to have understood it properly. They have put disc brakes on all four wheels to keep this fast-pacer in check. And believe me, brakes are one of the best. It took me over a week to get used to these brakes. In slow speed they literally ‘bite’ you. Car stops without moving an inch further. I was afraid to be tail ended by cars behind me. Italian leather interior, soft touch plastic orange lighting in the cabin etc. makes the drives soothing. There are many more things to mention however I do not have enough adjectives to describe the car further. It really is a complete package.

Seats are made of good quality Italian leather. Perforation on the seats look awesome. Both front and rear seats provide good under-thigh support. Rear seat inclination angle is also perfect for long journeys. It has got considerably tall floor hump in the middle however middle passenger can comfortably rest their legs on either sides. Rear seat bench is wide enough to accommodate 3 passengers comfortably. Only drawback of the rear seat is car has sloping roof-line near C-pillar which affects the height of roof for rear passengers. My brother is 5'11" and cannot sit without touching his head to the roof.

Rear arm rest has two cup holders and a small storage. Although I rarely use, there's a rear sun curtain which seems to block some sunlight and reduce car cabin heating. Rear AC vents is something I really missed on my earlier car. Being it a black car, rear seat passengers used to always complain that they don't find the cooling sufficient. I have never heard anyone complaining about cooling in Linea. This rear vent can also be completely closed by sliding the knob to extreme right. So if you are driving without rear passengers, you can consider closing the vent.

Front and Rear Seats:
From a Honda City to a Fiat Linea T-Jet-front_rear_seats.jpg

Rear AC Vent (Open):
From a Honda City to a Fiat Linea T-Jet-rear_ac_vents.jpg

1 Liter Bottle Holder in the front armrest:
From a Honda City to a Fiat Linea T-Jet-img_20171028_141905565.jpg

This bottle holder eats up all space of front armrest storage. Small storage space in the front armrest:
From a Honda City to a Fiat Linea T-Jet-img_20170825_122822208_hdr.jpg

Front Armrest with bottle:
From a Honda City to a Fiat Linea T-Jet-img_20170825_122828194_hdr.jpg

Fiat has provided two keys, one with remote and one without remote (which I expected to be a valet key however even when this key is used to start the car, trunk opens, which otherwise should not for a valet key.) I had expected 3 keys (2 with remote). Also, key fobs are of ordinary plastic which doesn't feel good enough for a car above 10L price bracket.

Two keys. Ordinary plastic key fob feels not-so-good
From a Honda City to a Fiat Linea T-Jet-img_20170825_122714022.jpg

The glovebox is illuminated but comparatively smaller in size. There's a separate secret compartment for keeping User Manual in the glovebox (however user manual does not fit in that compartment). This secret compartment keeps opening automatically when car goes through series of potholes. It creates rattles in the glove compartment. Notice white piece of paper in the photograph below which holds the compartment in the position (a hack to avoid rattle.)

Glove Box:
From a Honda City to a Fiat Linea T-Jet-glove_box.jpg

As I mentioned earlier, stance of the car is tall and it hampers rearward visibility to the great extent. Since the car does not have backup camera, I need to be extra careful while reversing the car.

Rearward Visibility (Driver's view):
From a Honda City to a Fiat Linea T-Jet-img_20171028_141946008.jpg

NVH Levels:
Fiat engineers have done a great job in this section. Noise and vibrations are almost absent even at triple digit speeds. Cabin is super silent. Engine may not be as refined as Honda's; additionally it has a turbo but the engine noise is not heard inside of the cabin. Bonnet has a cushioning from inside and I feel it absorbs most of the engine noise. Sometimes I feel like listening to engine sound and turbo whistle, then I roll down the windows completely and satisfy my ears. Apollos seem a bit noisy. Whenever windows are rolled down, tire noise irritates me, but it does not bother in the closed cabin.

Headlights, Wipers and MID:
Linea has parabola shaped dual bulb headlamps. Primary aka high beam bulbs are 55W H1 whereas dipped aka low beam bulbs are 55W H7. When lights are turned on, low beam light will always be on irrespective of low/high selection. Beam can be adjusted to 4 different levels. With the factory setting, beams were directed so low that I had to use high beam in city traffic also. I got it corrected during first service. Even if reach of the light is limited, spread is really uniform and road feels well lit. Stock bulbs does the decent job however I have upgraded low beam bulbs to H7 Osram Nigh brakers. Emotion variant comes with Automatic Headlight On-Off sensor which is really helpful while entering in low light parking lots and tunnels. They've also provided Follow-Me headlamps which illuminate the path for specified number of seconds even after ignition is turned off. Direction indicator bulbs are placed on the outer side of the headlight casing (which I prefer) and in the mirrors.

Wipers are rain-sensing. There's a rain sensor behind internal rear view mirror, which based on the intensity of rain activates the wipers and decides the speed. Additionally, wipers can be activated/deactivated manually or operated at two different fixed speeds. There's no provision to intermittently vary the speed of the wiper. That can only be achieved in automatic wiper mode. Two windshield washer nozzles are placed between the space of bonnet and windshield. When washer is activated by pulling the stalk, each nozzle sprays three water streams which covers almost entire windshield. Wipers are automatically operated thereafter which wipes 4 times in a succession and a fifth delayed extra wipe. Car comes with factory fitted premium flat blade wipers.

MID is one important part in the car. It is a monochrome display of approx 2 inch size. It shows all the information like Time, Date, Outside Temperature, Headlight Beam Level, 2 Trip meters (Range, Distance Traveled, Average Consumption, Instantaneous Consumption), System Menu (Language, Distance & Fuel Consumption Units, Date & Time, Passenger Airbag Deactivation, Service Reminder, Bluetooth Pairing etc) and Blue&Me Menu. This small screen also displays if the door or trunk lid is left open. MID menu control is located towards right of the steering wheel on the dashboard.

Stock Music System:
In some old Fiat reviews, I have read that music systems shipped with cars are crap and need immediate upgrades however that is not true with the new Linea. I listen to music but I am not an audiophile. A decent music system suffices my need. New Linea's stock music system is more than sufficient for a person like me. Music system is said to have been manufactured by Harman (I did not verify it myself). There are 4 speakers in all 4 doors. Front two doors host two tweeters and there's also a provision to install them in rear doors.

Music system is equipped with FM/AM reception, USB and Aux-in connectivity, bluetooth connectivity wherein you can also play songs from your phone via bluetooth and a CD player. It is also equipped with Microsoft Blue&Me which supports voice commands for hands-free operation and message reader. I have not invested time in exploring Blue&Me capabilities yet and planning to write a separate article later.

What I like most about this music system is its speed sensitive volume control. As I start accelerating and NVH levels start going up, music volume proportionally increases. Proportion is so precise that people inside cabin do not recognize that the volume has increased unless they carefully observe.

USB and Aux-In ports are oddly located in front of the gear-lever. On earlier version of Linea, this place had a pair of cup holders. Due to addition of these ports, now there's only one cup holder for front seat occupants (precisely only for passenger and no cup holder for driver). There is also no proper space to keep the cellphone connected via aux-in. I end up keeping my cellphone in the only cup holder front console has.

Unfortunately, there's one drawback in the current system software. I cannot navigate through files without playing them. It is a very common use case that someone wants to keep playing current song and still be able to search through different files and folders. Current system does not seem to have a way to do that. I need to keep changing tracks to reach the desired one and play it. I cannot imagine such a big miss, which even basic aftermarket system supports.

From a Honda City to a Fiat Linea T-Jet-musicsystem.jpg

Things Fiat could improve:
I have to admit that there are few careless oversights from Fiat. I will enlist them here. Most of the Fiat owners would agree.
  1. First and foremost is the gear ratio. Second gear is weird. It took me nearly 3 months to avoid stalling the car. I had never put my moving Honda City in first gear unless it was dead slow. On Linea, I frequently need to change to first. City driving is painful. Additionally, turbo cars need to be driven more skillfully to avoid jerks. I am still learning it.
  2. It really takes some time to achieve right driving position. Although, unlinke Punto, Linea has better under-thigh support, knees are raised upwards. Seats are not ergonomically best. They could definitely have been better.
  3. Foot well is cramped and driver’s left foot rest hinders while pressing clutch. I’ve gotten used to it now but it took some time.
  4. Ground clearance is really high. Everyone might not agree with me on this point but I’ve driven a car that had one of the lowest ground clearances (City Type 2 was really low sitting car) and I know its benefits. Due to higher ground clearance, ride is little bumpy. Yes, it is composed but TYPE 2 is benchmark for me.
  5. Rearward visibility is hampered by taller stance of the car. Rear parking sensors come to rescue in tricky situations though.
  6. I would have liked Fiat to give big bottle holders in door bins. There’s only one 1ltr bottle holder, that too in center arm rest which eats up a lot of usable space. Armrest storage had been so beneficial for me in my CITY, that now I do not have proper space to keep my wallet and phone.
First Service Experience at Aaron Fiat, Kolhapur:
I was at my hometown Kolhapur when I completed 4900km. Reaching Pune would mean additional 250ish km running that would cross the 5k km. To not miss the 5k mark, I decided to get the T-Jet serviced at Aaron Fiat Kolhapur. I took an appointment during Diwali with a very short notice. It was just one day before the workers go on Diwali vacation for 4 days. I had noted down few issues. Explained all of them to the workshop attendant however he was sure that some of them cannot be addressed in one day and informed that workshop is closed for next 4 days. He would address the major issues like left-pulling along with 5k service and will address remaining issues some other day.
  1. To rectify left-pulling, he had to align and balance the tires. I already had done this from good tire shop in Pune but he refused to accept the non-FASS reports.
  2. Even after he did alignment and balancing (which is a paid service), Left-pulling is not resolved. It needs some correction to front suspensions which I am skeptical to do. I will go for second opinion at Sky Moto. I can also live with the issue. Suggestions are welcome.
  3. After balancing, there’s a small vibration in steering at high speeds. Need to get this fixed now.
  4. Only exterior car wash was performed which also feels like a work done half-heartedly. Car is not super-clean.
So overall experience was not-so-good however I believe that it was the wrong time (Diwali Vacation) for me to get the car serviced. Service was done hurriedly. I provided this feedback to Fiat and they've invited me with the car again. I will revisit Aaron Fiat workshop and update the thread with next experience.

What you would like:
  1. 114PS turbo petrol engine with 207Nm torque.
  2. Excellent stability of the car.
  3. Wide 205 section tires, best in class handling and steering feedback.
  4. Silent Cabin.
  5. Powerfull AC with rear AC Vent.
  6. Leather Interior with orange ambiance lighting, soft touch plastic.
  7. Excellent braking with disc setup all round.
What you would NOT like:
  1. Missing telescopic steering adjustment.
  2. Small driver’s arm rest. Storage below arm rest is so small that it is almost useless.
  3. No big bottle holders in door bins.
  4. High ground clearance.
  5. Less storage spaces. No proper space to keep cellphone and wallet.
  6. Lack of cup holders for front seat.
Conclusion:
Finally to conclude, all these negatives are not deal breakers for me. I truly love my T-JET. Fiat, irrespective of their low sales numbers, have maintained to produce cars those are admired by enthusiasts. I hope that Fiat will someday understand that it is not difficult to produce same car with slightly more creature comfort features. After all, most car owners choose feature rich cars at the cost of performance. Fiat can produce perfect blend of both.

They rightly say, “If you still like driving, we’re still ahead!”

Finally some pictures:
From a Honda City to a Fiat Linea T-Jet-sideprofile.jpg

From a Honda City to a Fiat Linea T-Jet-rearprofile.jpg

From a Honda City to a Fiat Linea T-Jet-cpillar.jpg

Rear Sun Curtain:
From a Honda City to a Fiat Linea T-Jet-rearcurtain.jpg

Speedo Console + MID
From a Honda City to a Fiat Linea T-Jet-metersandmid.jpg

MID System Menu Control, Headlight Beam Level Adjustment Buttons and Fog Lamp Controls:
From a Honda City to a Fiat Linea T-Jet-menubuttons.jpg

Coin Pocket. Has rubberized base which avoids rattles.
From a Honda City to a Fiat Linea T-Jet-cubbyholes.jpg

Window and electronic mirror controls. All four windows are auto-down. Driver side window is auto-up as well.
Notice the tweeter also.
From a Honda City to a Fiat Linea T-Jet-windowbuttons.jpg

Visibility in the ORVM:
From a Honda City to a Fiat Linea T-Jet-mjirrorvisibility.jpg

Cup type mud flaps do not cover the wheel completely:
From a Honda City to a Fiat Linea T-Jet-mudflaps.jpg

Very lovely honest write-up and a solid upgrade too :thumbs up That said, I have never heard of anyone speaking about Michelin Energys complimenting a car's cornering ability ever. I had a set of Energys and they would squeal their lungs out even on my Wagon R. Currently running Potenzas on my Wagon R which are a bit of an overkill because they far surpass the mechanical grip that my Wagon R has to offer. Look into buying some softer compound rubber as you clock more miles on your Linea. You will learn that there is a lot more to grip and cornering ability than how wide the tyres are ;)

Thanks for your response @IshaanIan.
I've tried only Goodyear and Michelin on my OHC and found Michelin better. I was under the impression that they surpass the limit. What do you suggest for better grip? Stock tyres on Fiat are Apollo Alnac 4g. And they give up well before car's capacity exhausts. Any advice and suggestions are welcome. :confused:

Thanks for the lovely write-up. I enjoyed reading your thought process and how you selected the Linea, and I can see why it was hard to let the OHC go. It's a great car.
Quote:

Originally Posted by shankulk (Post 4258086)
Ground clearance is really high(195mm). Everyone might not agree with me on this point but I’ve driven a car that had one of the lowest ground clearances (OHC was really low sitting car) and I know its benefits. Due to higher ground clearance, ride is little bumpy. Yes, it is composed but OHC is benchmark for me.

Did your wife get a chance to ride in the OHC before you sold it (it seems like it, but am not sure). As a driver, it makes sense that you prefer the lower slung/stiffer ride, but I am curious what your family has to say about the Linea. Most owners list the ride and handling as best-in-class (but that may have been before the ride height was increased?).
Quote:

They say, “If you still like driving, we’re still ahead!”

Perfect! :)

Welcome to the TJet club man. Regarding the tires you can try the Hankook Ventus V12 series as it was highly rated in the UK reviews and i know quite a few folks who drive remapped TJets who are very happy with its performance. Unlike Michellin or Continental it won't burn a hole in your pocket as well. Btw if you can pm me your number i can add you on a TJet group where you can get views from owners across India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amartya (Post 4258466)
Did your wife get a chance to ride in the OHC before you sold it (it seems like it, but am not sure). As a driver, it makes sense that you prefer the lower slung/stiffer ride, but I am curious what your family has to say about the Linea.

I had many trips along with my wife in the City. She also felt that Honda had better ride however she's happy with Linea because it has illuminated vanity mirrorslol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amartya (Post 4258466)
Most owners list the ride and handling as best-in-class (but that may have been before the ride height was increased?).

I don't deny that Linea has best-in-class ride and handling. I only think that the City had a little better. Probably because it had independent suspension and low GC. There's no car below 10L that offers independent suspension today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adneo (Post 4258467)
Welcome to the TJet club man. Regarding the tires you can try the Hankook Ventus V12 series as it was highly rated in the UK reviews and i know quite a few folks who drive remapped TJets who are very happy with its performance. Unlike Michellin or Continental it won't burn a hole in your pocket as well. Btw if you can pm me your number i can add you on a TJet group where you can get views from owners across India.

I'll find out about Hankook Ventus V12 now. Since I am a 'newbie', I cannot PM you now. But I will keep this in mind and will PM you as soon as I become BHPian. I would also like to keep in touch with other TJET owners.;)

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!

Very well written, Shanthanu. You covered good and bad things in a very balanced way. Love fiats, but we should also be the best criticizers too and you proved it again. Wishing you happy ownership experience, last but not least, keep up the good work and keep it updated regularly. Rated five stars. clap:

Heartiest congratulations for the Jet. That was a crisp writing and some lovely pics of the jet. I had taken the TD of the jet long time back and was literally blown off by the performance. The Jet is a real performer when on highways.

There is also Rudra motors in Pune where you can service your Jet and there have some good feedback from the Pune fiat owners of the service centre.

Happy jetting and drive safely.

T-Jet is no doubt a great car and its tank like build is such a plus. After having driven my friends Linea, I had fallen in love with it as well. I was almost sure of buying but decided against it considering the overall package Fiat had to offer both in terms of ASS and resale. Went with Honda City for its overall value and its iVtec engine.

Nonetheless whenever I get a chance, I do drive friends Linea and it always brings a grin on my face. Wishing you many more miles with your tank!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 4299869)
There is also Rudra motors in Pune where you can service your Jet and there have some good feedback from the Pune fiat owners of the service centre.

Thanks for this suggestion. Will pay a visit there. And Decathalon is nearby to spend whole day while the car is being serviced :D

Heartiest congratulations on a fantastic car! The T-jet is a really nice machine!The service advisor you mentioned at Skymoto in your post, was it Anthony by any chance?I had been to Skymoto to check out the Urban Cross Abarth. Finally decided against it.

And your Honda city looks fantastic in the pictures as well. Loved the black colour. Wishing you a lot of happy miles with your Jet!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdiSolEn (Post 4299985)
The service advisor you mentioned at Skymoto in your post, was it Anthony by any chance?

No he was not Anthony. Not sure if I should mention his name here. Will PM you.

Quote:

And your Honda city looks fantastic in the pictures as well. Loved the black colour. Wishing you a lot of happy miles with your Jet!
Thank you!

Quote:

Cup type mud flaps do not cover the wheel completely:

These plasticky mud flaps were never good. I still have the rubber mud flaps on my Punto which is doing a far better job than those plastic mud flaps.

https://www.99rpm.com/fiat/mudflaps-rubber-punto.html

This is for Punto but should fit the jet as well.

Wow. Never thought I will see a new Linea on this forum ever again. The car is so old as a model and still appeals. Takes some courage and love to buy a car like this today.

As a past T Jet owner, I really doubt if there is anything that drives better than this car. You may get more toys and more airbags and that's about it. When it comes to driving pleasure, there is absolutely nothing to beat it. The car is safe by today's standards too.

The car you have is a marked improvement over the first generation Linea. Everything about this car is superior. The dashboard finish is superb. I hear it is a fully imported. I don't like that they pulled out the middle headrest as that is essentially a safety feature.

As for the engine, rest assured that the T Jet is a strong motor. Smiles guaranteed as a long term car.

The only thing I don't like about the face lift is that they jacked up the ride. While this has not upset the overall road manners, body roll is more pronounced. I don't know why they did this. The pre face lift Linea was low but not so low that it scrapped every single bump. If carefully negotiated, it would scrape a little but so much so that it could cause damage to the under body.

There are some Fiat dealers that go out of the way to make your happy and some that are a disaster. I have been lucky and so have you when it comes to sales.

Congratulations on your new ride. Only a few who own this beautiful car will understand what driving pleasure is all about.