Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2017, 12:05   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 2017 Skoda Octavia vRS 230 | 4 years and 83000 km

Congratulations Nikhil. The car is definitely desirable to have and having seen your earlier experience with the Civic, I can surely bet this will be another monster in the making(its a beast already). Hope to spot it sometime in the neighborhood soon. That colour is a head turner and I dont think spotting it would be difficult.

P.S: I visited Tyre Professionals on 02/09 and saw signs of some celebration. Though I did not ask them what the occasion was, I think I got the answer after seeing your update that evening . Have a great time with your car and keep the odo at a great pace so that we can see some mods every now and then.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 12:12   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Hmmm.. MMSC track?

Nice report, loved reading it. Let's see how long it would be stock (Knowing what you have done to Civic haha).
Thanks Naren. As Sunny mentioned, I did wait for my Civic's warranty to expire before I tried anything.

But one thing I've learnt is to never say never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Congratulations Nikhil! We should go for a drive soon
Thanks Sunny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfreak15 View Post
Congrats on your new car Nikhil! Can't wait to see it in person
Thanks Deepak! Hopefully soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalajprakash View Post
Congrats Nikhil on the first vRS on TeamBHP! I assume you will keep the vRS completely stock for the foreseeable future since it is now your daily driver and you don't want to miss out on that 4 year warranty and service package considering Skoda's past record. Once you do change your mind though, I think there are plenty additions which can add the special factor that you seem to be missing from the stock factory car. An IS38 turbo kit with supporting mods from APR will give you all the whooshing sounds and mind blowing acceleration you might be missing, especially since it is rated at 360-380hp! I've read all about your one-off turbo civic but welcome to VAG group now, where mods are much too easy. Let's see how long you can resist!

Best of luck with the new car! She is a stunner!

Cheers,
Jalaj
Thanks Jalaj!

I can resist for a very long time I think! Any itch I have can be scratched with the Civic which is a full on project car. Post the warranty period on the Skoda, I will consider the options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palitrana View Post
Nice one Nikhil!

I for one have been ogling at this car even since the launch!

Any views on the very low ground clearance? Its lower than beemers and as a daily drive on the bumps and potholes in the city wouldnt that be big concern?
Thanks!

Low ground clearance isnt a problem. I have never managed to scrape it on a speedbreaker except a massive one near Hebbal which has a fearsome reputation. I purposely went over that to see if it touches and it did. But ANY sedan would have scraped on that speed breaker.

Also, the GC numbers are different now since the ARAI has changed their regulations. So, you need to compare the vRS's numbers with the revised numbers for all the cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Awesome acquisition there Nikhil, and wish you many happy miles and a fuss-free German motoring buddy

Honestly, the day I saw your post of the delivery pics you had shared on the other thread, I have opened that thread daily to just drool over the car bro. It just looks drop dead gorgeous.

I don't know which car will replace my GT TDI, but I am very sure it will ONLY be in this shade.

The last time we met during a BHP meet (Kamat restaurant), you had got your Civic, and I know how it was flying during our return leg.

Now with almost twice the BHP & NM under the hood, I know you are just being modest here bro

Hope to see you and your VRS soon.
Thanks buddy! It is quite a nice car to drive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAUBMW7 View Post
Good stuff buddy. I cancelled the TSI Style plus booking in the last minute when I heard the L&K version was being released and the Vrs was around the corner as well. The car is a real beauty and a power house indeed. Good luck and hope the beast serves you well without any hassles. Its a looker indeed.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Congratulations Nikhil. The car is definitely desirable to have and having seen your earlier experience with the Civic, I can surely bet this will be another monster in the making(its a beast already). Hope to spot it sometime in the neighborhood soon. That colour is a head turner and I dont think spotting it would be difficult.

P.S: I visited Tyre Professionals on 02/09 and saw signs of some celebration. Though I did not ask them what the occasion was, I think I got the answer after seeing your update that evening . Have a great time with your car and keep the odo at a great pace so that we can see some mods every now and then.
It's a very easy car to spot for sure! Just this morning while parking it near my office, I noticed 3 people check it out. When I locked the car and left, I noticed one of them near the driver's side window peeking in and looking closely at the interior!

2nd September was a celebration because it was our 27th Anniversary of our store. Nothing to do with my new car!

Last edited by GTO : 7th September 2017 at 15:13. Reason: Quoted post edited
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 12:49   #18
BHPian

Congratulations on your damn hot vRS. Looks absolute stunning in that blue. And good that it has DQ250 wet clutch gearbox which handles our harsh weather and traffic conditions better than the dry clutch. Wish you and your family lots of happiness and safe miles with your new beautiful car .

Last edited by Col Mehta : 7th September 2017 at 12:57.
Col Mehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 13:49   #19
BHPian

Congrats Nikhil and great to see the first vRS on TeamBHP. One car always in my A list.
Strange practice of dealer to fill anti puncture sealant without informing customer! Another common practice by almost all dealers are to over inflate the tires . Good that you've cleared at the first shot, experience matters.
Old 7th September 2017, 15:09   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Nikhil

You got the Right car (Perfect Upgrade from the Civic), at the right time (Pre 10% Hike) & at the right price (Max BHP / Rupee)

All the best

Last edited by karan561 : 7th September 2017 at 15:10.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 15:20   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Man, that was quick! From the purchase to the delivery to the ownership thread - I think you've set a new record. Heartiest congratulations on a sexy, sexy car . Love the colour of your vRS (although my favourite is the red).

It's a well-priced ride for the performance on tap, not to mention the extra stuff you get. We're planning to call for it sometime in September for a Team-BHP review. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to high-revving it.

Wish you years of driving & modifying pleasure .
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 15:48   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
So much to say! Initially, I HATED it. I actually made up my mind to keep the Civic for city driving and use the vRS for highway blasts only. It was loud, it was crashing over every small imperfection in the road, it was throwing the car around and it was throwing me and my passengers all around the car.
The thread we've all been waiting for! Congratulations again, man! Wish you many happy miles and mods to come!

Last edited by ampere : 9th September 2017 at 16:08. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 16:14   #23
BHPian

Wow! Nikhil! Many congrats on the most enviable purchase this side of a BMW 328i! Was waiting for your review

After having modded the Civic, you are in a good position to judge this car! More than just poetic praises, it was good to read your review cover how to actually live with such a car.

Modern automobile engineering has advanced so much as the cars get faster, they also become twice as better in masking speeds and in providing the passengers a silent and comfy ride. That leaves us enthusiasts like us feeling a void as we can't feel the drama! Of course I will know you will take care of it by remapping, exhaust, in-take and what not?

Btw, regarding the DSG, I have read that the limit of DQ250 is 400 Nm, so I guess you have some room for mods

Also, reg 7-Speed, the DQ200 has a limit of 250 Nm, so ya, there is no way they would have used it in the vRS.

Last edited by rageshgr : 7th September 2017 at 16:19.
rageshgr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 17:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Nikhil, thats one hell of a replacement for your mad civic. I really like the design of current gen octavia, specially the quad headlamp setup on the front.

You will be first person to buy a european car to replace an unreliable japanese car, that too a skoda

Teins on your civic were very comfortable indeed. Hope to get a ride in the vRS soon

Last edited by Rahulkool : 7th September 2017 at 17:19.
Rahulkool is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 18:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Nikhil. Sorry that even I forgot to wish. Guess we are all dazed by your VRs.
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 19:36   #26
BHPian

Congratulations Nikhil!! The car just looks absolutely stunning!!!
rahulb22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 20:20   #27
BHPian

Congratulations Nikhil! I saw this on Facebook and missed commenting there. I also hope to have some news super soon on team-bhp, it's time to get back to motoring!
d_payne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 21:40   #28
BHPian

Congratulations sir. How is the exhaust note of the car on the outside, does it growl or is it heavily muted.
Do you plan to get the exhaust system upgraded?
Storm2.0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 22:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Nikhil. Blue looks stunning. Looking forward to see it in flesh. Happy munching miles !!
rk_sans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 07:04   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Nikhil! That's one great buy! Enjoy your ride and be sure to chart your drive course wisely; with a laden ground clearance of 'just' 103mm you can't even go over an elevated man hole cover; guess those stiff springs will see you through. Keep us posted. Enjoy your honeymoon with Race Blue vRS!
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed