Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2018, 11:51   #256
BHPian

re: 2017 Skoda Octavia vRS 230 | 4 years and 83000 km

This is just sick. Why would someone just randomly vandalize the car? He was there for a maximum of 9mins - clearly shows he came in with a specific purpose in mind. Do you remember seeing the car or this fellow elsewhere on your trip? I'm still baffled as to why would someone take the pain and risk of going all the way to vandalize a random car.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 11:52   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh gosh! I feel for you man! I am sure this must feel devastating.

I went thru a similar when a low-life in the housing colony scratched my 1.5 year old Altis on the front passenger side. The scratch was deep as bad as the ones on your car's hood the undercoat showing clearly.

Worse still a few months later there was a second scratch on the same door. The person who did this was identified , a watchman, but he had already left the services of the Colony.

In both cases the door had to be repainted at the ASC as only they have the exact colour. I like to maintain my car in as pristine a condition as possible.

Sorry Nikhil, but I don't think these scratches can be buffed off as they're simply too deep. You would most likely require a repaint on the affected panels.

Last edited by Zappo : 26th February 2018 at 18:17. Reason: Please avoid using abusive words or language, even if directed at a 3rd person.
Old 26th February 2018, 12:30   #258
Team-BHP Support

Oh man ! Extremely sorry Nikhil. I can't even imagine the heartbreak that you would be going through right now.

I hope things turn out well and you are compensated, financially at least.
Old 26th February 2018, 12:49   #259
Senior - BHPian

My God! That's a cruel thing to do on anyone's car and the beauty that she is, people are just too sick.

I hope you are getting legal proceedings on this, now that there is some video evidence.
Old 26th February 2018, 13:29   #260
Team-BHP Support

A sick-minded moron damaging someone’s property is one thing, what is even more appalling is the way the hotel folks are trying to cover for him. I won’t be surprised if the video footage does a mysterious vanishing act.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 15:01   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I'm heartbroken today.
Nikhil, would recommend that you at least file a complaint in a Police Station against the owner of the Black Nissan Micra. I used the VAHAN database (which is public information) to find that the Nissan Micra is owned by one "Rajya Laxmi Kumbala". I'm sure you can visit the local RTO and also find out his registered address as well. If the hotel refuses to share the video with you, then at least the police can obtain it for you as long as the hotel doesn't indulge in destruction of evidence.

Hope you are able to restore your car to its former beauty. This is absolutely heartbreaking. Can't understand why someone would do it on purpose.
jalajprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 16:59   #262
BHPian

Quote:
I'm heartbroken today.
Nikhil,

I am heartbroken too. I cannot stand a single scratch on my car and this happened to your blue beauty? I am sure this has given you many sleepless nights now.

It looks like the damage was done intentionally, possibly mistook you for someone else.

Looking at the video, I am sorry to say that these scratches cannot be fixed with any polish or treatment. If your nail goes in, then its confirmed that it will need a lot of correction to restore its shine and elegance.

Showroom paint treatment is going to be very expensive, although other options do exist in Bangalore if you are willing to try. Many members here have had good luck with some paint shops with really outstanding results.

All that said, I hope whoever did this to your car & you, gets paid for his karma pretty soon!
Old 26th February 2018, 17:23   #263
BHPian

Quote:
I'm heartbroken today.
Truly the worst thing I've seen today. I hope you catch this guy and make him pay.
Old 26th February 2018, 23:06   #264
Senior - BHPian

I just cannot comprehend as to how that pathetic soul has stooped down to do such an act! I totally feel the way you’re feeling right now and I’m sure nothing can bring back the originality of the car. But I suggest you go for some 3M wrap with a unique color to merely compensate to what it was before if you’re convinced the redo of paint won’t really satisfy you.

This mostly shows how envious he could have got after seeing your car or you may have passed by the sick soul who was waiting to do something like this to a premium car. Hope he pays for whatever he’s done.
Old 26th February 2018, 23:09   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Truly the worst thing I've seen today. I hope you catch this guy and make him pay.
The challenge with such issues is actually getting a guy to pay up, especially for a damage which will be reasonably expensive to fix such as Nikhil's. Unless the hotel's management ponies up the money, catching the guy will be more of an exercise to vent your frustration than actually getting paid up.

Really painful to see a beautifully detailed and maintained car to go through this crap.
Old 26th February 2018, 23:31   #266
Senior - BHPian

Such are the times , we are living in. I have no words to describe the pain you must be going through.
Sick guys are roaming around the country.
Get the car painted and move on.
I am really upset after watching the video.

Last edited by noopster : 27th February 2018 at 06:34. Reason: No profanity please- not even in masked form!
Old 26th February 2018, 23:44   #267
BHPian

Sad to see such level of vandalism on the blue beauty. The car has to undergo a repaint job but my question is will it be covered under zero dep insurance. Not sure about the new policies now but I got my full car repainted 10-12 years back under insurance.
Old 27th February 2018, 10:40   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Sorry to see this, sick people!

@nikhil are you sure you need a repaint, maybe a detailing and clear coat would solve this? I would suggest keeping painting as a last option. You know the people to talk to, do check.
The scratches are too deep and as seen in the video, it's getting @nikhil's nail. Seeing this, one can vouch that the clear coat of paint is pretty much messed up. Maybe some of it can be removed by detailing but I doubt if anything can be done for deeper scratches.

@nikhil sir, I understand your pain and I've gone through this all not for once not twice but for thrice on my three different cars and all this happened when they were new. But not as serious ones as yours. The recent one being on the Hexa, which happened during my vacation in Hampi where the guy scratched a corner of the bonnet with a stone and the scratch was so deep that no amount of sanding, waxing could do anything. Rather I used the Team-BHP URL sticker to mask it and it looks a lot better now.

The guy in that black Micra, if you're reading this, you need to visit a psychiatrist ASAP, man.

Varun
Old 27th February 2018, 11:05   #269
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely pathetic example of a human!

Nikhil, it hurts to see such a beauty being vandalized. I hope you have lodged a complaint with the police and that you have clearly seen the video footage from the CCTV. The hotel can't claim ignorance or delete the evidence.

I really hope that the low life is brought to book and serves a time in jail. The hotel is also responsible for the mess and you should be asking for a factory paint job from them along with the detailing and nothing less out of them.
Old 27th February 2018, 11:26   #270
Senior - BHPian

Nikhil, as we exchanged chats yesterday, your next visit to Hyderabad, I am in your car. I need to see that low life and give him a piece of my mind. He's such a miserable human. He needs professional help, how could he could do this?

Heart broken.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks