Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2017, 22:35   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theREDcamero View Post
Hi mate,
I had written about this problem in exact detail in the Jeep Compass Official review page number 45, somewhere in the midway through that page. Please do have a quick glance through it and do observe your vehicle for any such trouble. Kindly, after you look out for these niggles and when you think the time is right, acknowledge it down here - even if it is a positive or a negative.
Thank you and much appreciated.
Link to that page would be.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...review-45.html
Went through your post. Will surely take the car out and see if I can replicate the condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Alternatively, you can install an app AnyAudioAuto (install the apk from XDA dev), then you can control the playback of any music app running on your phone through Android auto. Even the non supported ones like PowerAmp, JioMusic etc.
Will definitely try Any Audio Auto. With Jio's network pervasiveness, it would be nice to use Jio music right off the Android Auto HU interface. Thanks in advance for the pointer.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th December 2017 at 07:00. Reason: Back to back posts merged
igp_79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 07:37   #32
Team-BHP Support

Re: Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 : A review from the hills of Ooty

Nicely balanced and a great review! Wish you happy miles.

Couple of takeaways for me:

- FE does look good. Can expect a real world number around 15-18 when on the highway. And that is very good for such a powerful car
- The Space. That is one word which puts me down from looking at it. But as they say good things come in small packages!
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 08:49   #33
BHPian

Congrats on your new buy. Those floor mats look cool.
How is the first gear on the Compass AWD? Is it short like the Duster AWD?
tomraven99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 09:09   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Superb practical review and congrats on your purchase! I think it's the perfect logical premium+ upgrade from the excellent but utilitarian Duster.

Ooty roads are simply not spacious enough for anything bigger like a Kodiaq (even if one has the budget), and the Compass is ideal.

One suggestion is to take off the wind deflector and see 1. the looks & 2. added wind noise. I believe it's a easily connected separate item which is latched on to the bumper.

Why I say is that now you're being extra careful at that sharp driveway angle, but the time will come when you're in a rush (or forced to due to sudden oncoming traffic) and/or the vehicle is fully loaded, and the deflector will start getting scraped and ragged. I face the same issue with my Cruze deflector but cannot remove as it forms an integrated part of the bumper.

Plus the looks might improve giving it a more taller stance from front :-)

Last edited by itwasntme : 6th December 2017 at 09:12. Reason: Typo
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 16:43   #35
BHPian

igp_79 Congratulations on your prized possession, loved your log, very well written.
varoon9999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 13:13   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by igp_79 View Post
12 kmpl is the average I got with 1000 kms of spirited driving in the hills. The Duster returned the same. As a frame of reference, the Figo 1.5 diesel gives me an average of 15.5 kmpl. This is almost entirely hill and in town driving. Should be equal to the city mileage.
I did one long drive on the hills and highway that was around 200kms. The car returned a figure of 14.5 kmpl. Again, comparable to the Duster which usually returns 15kmpl for the exact same route.
On my car (Petrol AT), the Fuel Economy is shown in L/100Km ... how did you get it to show as km/L ? I seem to be unable to find any setting to change this.

Thanks in advance!
Fusion2006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 02:09   #37
BHPian

Thank God someone touched on the wind reflector on this car.
I was so worried that it would cause an issue , cause it looked really low on the test drives cars.
Great review btw , the comparison with the Duster will help me a lot as well when ( and if I can ) I upgrade to the Compass !
Congrats !!
akshar890 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 09:08   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion2006 View Post
On my car (Petrol AT), the Fuel Economy is shown in L/100Km ... how did you get it to show as km/L ? I seem to be unable to find any setting to change this.
You can change that in the settings menu of the Head Unit.
Old 9th December 2017, 09:19   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by igp_79 View Post
You can change that in the settings menu of the Head Unit.
Thanks, I found it in the Units/Custom menu.
Old 14th December 2017, 17:27   #40
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review and I thoroughly enjoyed reading thru it. I concur with you on all the decision making points that led to you buying the Compass. Wish you many happy miles with it!

On the Creta though - I learnt that the brakes are an issue and many people are facing issues with brakes not biting due to ABS not working correctly. So that possibly would have been another strong reason to avoid it.

As for the Duster, another strong reason to avoid it is the smaller unsafe airbag that Renault sells it with - URL

Your comments on Tata and XUV500 are again spot on. Innova = Van is another point I totally agree with as well

One of my relative is currently on the look out for an SUV - I will ask him to read your thread and see if he can consider the Compass He seems to have a similar list of vehicles on his mind as the ones that you listed out (except for the Hexa, Isuzu)
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 20:15   #41
BHPian

Hi sir,
I know I'm late to the party but as the saying goes, "Better late than never". First things first, congratulations on a hell of a beast.

Now I completely agree with your views on the Compass. My dad's very close friend bought one day before yesterday in the Limited 4x2 trim and we'll get to experience her very close and infact it's like almost we owning it.

My dad just likes the strong mid-range of the diesel and those small little touches here and there (my dad and I are a sucker for the attention-to-detail).

Hope you have many miles and happy smiles with it.

Varun
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2018, 11:31   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Great to see a second Ownership thread of the Compass and that too a 4x4! Mine is also almost identical, but in 4x2 variant. Wish you many years of happy driving and hope to see many updates on your thread.
On the Headlights, do you have the Halogen headlights or the Xenon. I am trying to upgrade my Halogen Headlights (Mine is LTD variant) but not getting many options. I am now possibly going to go for a Morimoto HID kit soon.

Last edited by Behemoth : 17th January 2018 at 11:36.
Old 27th April 2018, 18:41   #43
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. Hope you are enjoying the ride.

Any update on how the behavior has been till now and the service experience?
Old 18th October 2019, 08:22   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hope you are enjoying your fabulous car. Do provide some updates on the vehicle. I guess you would have driven the most in the last 2 years and your feedback will be invaluable to everyone here on the forum.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks