Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2017, 18:40   #91
BHPian

Re: The 5th-Gen Hyundai Verna: 1st Ownership Review

Looks like Hyundai forwarded the complaint to the branch and they replied as below

Dear Mr. Shabarinath,

Thank you for Booking New gen Verna in Trident hyundai, Their will be 3000/- Handling charges for all the cars inclusive of CGST & SGST charges, Delivery expenses & Truck charges.

This is included in On-road price. I request you to plan your new car delivery ASAP because once Hyundai croses 20.000 Bookings the Prices of Verna will be increased which is announced at the time of Verna launch from Hyundai.

Thanks & Regards
Madhu kumar. M
Team Leader- Sales (Whitefield Branch)
Trident Automobiles Pvt ltd
Old 11th November 2017, 07:48   #92
BHPian

Some accessories offered for the Hyundai Verna SX+ DSL Auto by Trident

Anyone bought these ? Will like to know feedback on these items especially the mats.

The 5th-Gen Hyundai Verna: 1st Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20171110-4.10.47-pm.jpeg

The 5th-Gen Hyundai Verna: 1st Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20171110-4.10.48-pm.jpeg

The 5th-Gen Hyundai Verna: 1st Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20171110-4.10.49-pm.jpeg

The 5th-Gen Hyundai Verna: 1st Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20171110-4.11.55-pm.jpeg
Old 13th November 2017, 22:32   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuChn View Post
I am actually thinking of getting the car itself coated (Nano Ceramic Coating). Any expert opinions?
Here is a quote that I got for the Hyundai Verna Ceramic coating. 16,500 seems like it is on the expensive side

Ceramic coating packages starts from INR 16,500/- for a Hyundai Verna There are various packages that you can choose, depending on the type of ceramic coating product, no.of layers of ceramic coating applied, and the overall scope of services that are included in the package
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 14:30   #94
BHPian

Re: Review - Next Gen Verna (Diesel) unplugged, on a highway

Quote:
Thanks X-Factor. Yes, the HID takes about 4-5 seconds to get to its full glory. Unfortunately, I do not have a pic of the Halogen projector's throw from driver's seat. I will click those of the HID and share soon.
Hi RaghuChn, can you confirm which is the bulb type - H4 or HB3?
Old 16th November 2017, 15:25   #95
BHPian

Orsam Xenarc Xenon HB3.
Old 16th November 2017, 20:37   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Here is a quote that I got for the Hyundai Verna Ceramic coating. 16,500 seems like it is on the expensive side

Ceramic coating packages starts from INR 16,500/- for a Hyundai Verna There are various packages that you can choose, depending on the type of ceramic coating product, no.of layers of ceramic coating applied, and the overall scope of services that are included in the package
For the New Verna, I am given a quote of INR 20k for a single coating. INR 28k for 2 coats and INR 35k for 3 coats. I'm told it will take the whole day for each coat. Before the 1st coat, the car will be washed, rubbed to remove any minor scratches or blemishes, and polished before being coated with the Nano Ceramic stuff. The guy also mentioned (upon asking), that if the car is <6 months old, there will be a 10% discount for 1 coat, and 15% on 2 or 3 coats, on these rates. He made it sound like a super detailed effort - will have to visit his facility once to know what to expect in the real world.

If you did explore, can you please provide a bit more detail around the 'packages' you referred to? Or a contact name & number that I can reach out to, to get a fair comparative idea.
Old 18th November 2017, 14:25   #97
BHPian

This one-coating, two-coating and three-coating seems fishy to me. If one coating cannot protect, how will 3 coatings protect?

I will check with the concerned person and get back

I am thinking of getting an underbody coating done. Not sure it will be very useful in a non-coastal city like BLR
Old 20th November 2017, 14:45   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabzhere View Post
Some accessories offered for the Hyundai Verna SX+ DSL Auto by Trident

Anyone bought these ? Will like to know feedback on these items especially the mats.

Attachment 1694795
Just curious to know:
Are you still having this sunfilm on your car? Here, in Kerala, it is strict not to use these sunfilms irrespective of their visibility.

Or recently the rules have been changed to allow having sunfilm with certain % of visibility?
Old 20th November 2017, 16:07   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
This one-coating, two-coating and three-coating seems fishy to me. If one coating cannot protect, how will 3 coatings protect?
From what I've read, these coatings bond with the paint at a molecular level. So the first coat might leave some paint molecules 'un-bonded' which the second coat will cover for. But how many coats will cover the entire paint is anybody's guess.
Old 27th November 2017, 14:24   #100
BHPian

Quote:

Hyundai Auto Link – This is a great feature that allows the car to interact with a smartphone and provide many useful statistics on the vehicle’s performance. Shown below are a few screenshots of the application.
Attachment 1679731
Could you tell me how you installed it? While taking delivery the dealer did not tell me about it.

Quote:

More than sufficient torque kicks in at about 1200 RPM and the car indicates a gear shift upwards from the 1st gear at around 15 kmph.
Where is this gear shift indicator? Is it in the TFT display?

Last edited by aneeshtn : 27th November 2017 at 14:31. Reason: Spelling
Old 27th November 2017, 19:08   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshtn View Post
Could you tell me how you installed it? While taking delivery the dealer did not tell me about it.
This feature is given with SX(O) variant only. If you have bought the top end (Petrol or Diesel), please check with your dealer. I do however believe that it can be installed on other variants too - just that it does not come default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshtn View Post
Where is this gear shift indicator? Is it in the TFT display?
On the MID - top left corner. It comes up only when you outside of the recommended RPM range for a certain gear.
RaghuChn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 19:57   #102
BHPian

Here is a user guide for the Auto Link.

http://www.hyundai.com.au/ArticleDoc...f.aspx?Embed=Y

Though this is for Australian models, it largely holds true for the Indian market too. Some differences like you will not have TPMS in India's Auto Link version.

Mods - Sorry for an additional post, could not edit the previous one to include this information. Please merge if it is possible.
Old 27th November 2017, 22:33   #103
BHPian

Auto link is by far the most useless feature of this car. First you would have a hard time connecting to it, then it would stop recording your trips randomly. When it does record the trips it will either not save it in the history or it would save it with the incorrect timestamp. I got it to work somehow on my iPhone but it simply refuses to connect on my android phone. The app itself looks like it was made 5 years ago by some college going kids as part of their first year project.

Anyway once you start using it you will soon realize its a sad gimmick by Hyundai. It could have been nice but they chose not to spend any money on it.
Saiyan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 23:25   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyan View Post
Auto link is by far the most useless feature of this car. First you would have a hard time connecting to it, then it would stop recording your trips randomly. When it does record the trips it will either not save it in the history or it would save it with the incorrect timestamp. I got it to work somehow on my iPhone but it simply refuses to connect on my android phone. The app itself looks like it was made 5 years ago by some college going kids as part of their first year project.

Anyway once you start using it you will soon realize its a sad gimmick by Hyundai. It could have been nice but they chose not to spend any money on it.
That's strange. Mine is working flawlessly on Android. Yes, it is not as exhaustive as the Aussie version.
How does it compare with Honda's? Any idea anyone?
Old 28th November 2017, 11:41   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyan View Post
Auto link is by far the most useless feature of this car.
Quote:
That's strange. Mine is working flawlessly on Android. Yes, it is not as exhaustive as the Aussie version.
How does it compare with Honda's? Any idea anyone?
I am using Android Auto too, it is working perfect. Never tried mirror link feature. My phone is connected to the infotainment system and AA is up and running 100% of the time when I am driving.

On a separate note, I am seeing an improvement in the FE when I am almost at the 2000 Kms mark on the odo. FE for the last 500 Kms stands at 14kmpl as indicated in the MID. Driving conditions are a mix of city and suburban highways of Kerala. These are just two-lane roads which are traffic dense and they are not to be compared with empty 4 lane highways in other states.

The 5th-Gen Hyundai Verna: 1st Ownership Review-img_20171125_072221.jpg

It is SX+AT DSL. Too bad Verna doesn't have separate FE calculators for the trip meters.

Has anyone managed to get rid of the annoying lock/unlock sound? The horn sound is way too cheap for this car. I am planing to change the horn soon.

Last edited by clevermax : 28th November 2017 at 11:46.

Most Viewed