Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2017, 19:00   #121
BHPian

Re: Review - Next Gen Verna (Diesel) unplugged, on a highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuChn View Post
I am overdue on posting these pics. In fact, I am trying to figure out where and how best to click.

I did check if the projector fogs could house a HID as well - the response at least from the guy I got my headlamps done, was a 'No'.
Upon enquiring about the same, my neighbourhood Hyundai Showroom gave me a thumbs up to HID in fog lamps as well if I opted for their Xenon/HID package which is a part of their accessory list.

However, they weren’t keen on sharing the make of the HID kit or the company they were sourcing it from, whilst providing an 18 month warranty for the same.

They quoted a price of approximately Rs. 35,000/- for both, the Creta, as well as the Verna.
AShubrah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 21:16   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
Upon enquiring about the same, my neighbourhood Hyundai Showroom gave me a thumbs up to HID in fog lamps as well if I opted for their Xenon/HID package which is a part of their accessory list.
35k? . It is way too high !! My headlamp set cost me 12k.

Last edited by aah78 : 5th December 2017 at 23:06. Reason: Typo.
RaghuChn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 01:37   #123
BHPian

Quote:
35k? . It is way too high !! My headlamp set cost me 12k.
They were dopping in an HID kit on both the bi-xenon projectors, as well as the projector fog lamps for that amount.

IMO, it is still TOO high when compared to the retail price for an Osram/Philips/P8 HID kit for 4 bulbs & 4 ballasts, including labour.

Looks like Hyundai Dealerships are making fat profits by selling third party accessories like these at ridiculous prices by fooling the customer into believing that their warranty will be voided if they get the same done from any accessory shop, and thus selling substandard components at unearthly prices.

Last edited by aah78 : 5th December 2017 at 23:06. Reason: Fixed typo in Quote.
Old 7th December 2017, 16:53   #124
BHPian

Re: The 5th-Gen Hyundai Verna: 1st Ownership Review

First forced expense on my Verna -

Noticed that I had a flat rear tyre, on reaching my friend's place to pick him up a couple of days ago. Took it to the nearby puncture shop, and was surprised to see that despite being a tubeless, this one had completely flattened out!!

The puncture shop guy jacked the car to take out the pricked Bridgestone Ecopia EP150 clad wheel, and within no time showed me the weapon involved!!! It was an inch and half long piece of broken bone, shaped like a spearhead, razor sharp at the tip and all along the edge, that had pierced through the inner side-wall of Mr. Ecopia. So, Mr. Ecopia was not pricked, but stabbed . The cut was too wide to be fixed, and the puncture man suggested that I drop in a tube to use the tyre further. Given that it had done only 7,500 KM and that too as a rear tyre, I felt there was still a lot of life left in it and thought of getting it checked by expert tyre doctors at Ashoka Wheels, Hyd.

I got the spare wheel fixed (16" Steel wheel, with Ceat SecuraDrive shoe) and drove away, with the wounded Bridgestone Ecopia in the boot.

Learnt this - though, it is a cost cutting measure, the good thing with manufacturers not giving a full size alloy spare wheel, is that the car looks ugly with the steel spare on and people would generally show urgency in fixing the issue and getting back to the alloy. That ways, there will always be a healthy spare wheel to fall back on, when needed!!

Visited Ashoka Wheels, Jubilee Hills (Hyd) that evening, to seek an expert second opinion on what could be done. An expert inspected and declared my Ecopia 'brought dead' . I probed to see if a tube could help, but the damage was bad enough for him to worry about a possible tyre blast on longer drives. So, I decided to go for a new one. Luckily, he had the exact same replacement. I got the alloy rims wear a new shoe and put it back on duty, with the spare wheel put to hibernation in the boot.

Cost - INR 6,400/- (1 tyre - Bridgestone Ecopia EP150)
The damaged tyre was left behind since I was told it is nothing more than a scrap.
Old 8th December 2017, 13:43   #125
BHPian

I have been meaning to post an update on the modifications I have done on my Diesel EX Auto variant as well. While I am waiting to create my own ownership experience thread, I just wanted to provide some small updates (hope OP doesn't mind). The first change (forced) I had to do was replace the pathetic headlamps with Osram Night Breaker Laser. It has improved visibility while driving at night on highways quite a bit but I am still not completely satisfied with the output.

The next major update done was replacing the stock 5" system with a full-blown Android unit that I ordered from AliExpress. Here is the link to the system I purchased - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/9-Qu...798836582.html

Will share more updates, hopefully in my own thread next time
pathik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 15:10   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
The first change (forced) I had to do was replace the pathetic headlamps with Osram Night Breaker Laser. It has improved visibility while driving at night on highways quite a bit but I am still not completely satisfied with the output.

The next major update done was replacing the stock 5" system with a full-blown Android unit that I ordered from AliExpress. Here is the link to the system I purchased - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/9-Qu...798836582.html

Will share more updates, hopefully in my own thread next time
Great pathik. Couple of quick qustions - EX would have come with normal halogens as stock; did you have to throw in projectors for the Osram unit you replaced those with? Could you share some pics of how it looks post upgrade? Thanks in advance
Looking forward to your ownership experience thread.

Last edited by RaghuChn : 8th December 2017 at 15:22. Reason: Corrected typo
Old 8th December 2017, 16:53   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Great pathik. Couple of quick qustions - EX would have come with normal halogens as stock; did you have to throw in projectors for the Osram unit you replaced those with? Could you share some pics of how it looks post upgrade? Thanks in advance
Nope. It was just a bulb upgrade - without any additional wiring modifications. I will share some pics shortly.
pathik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 20:56   #128
BHPian

Does any one noticed rattling noise from the doors of Next Gen Verna? My friend took SX(O) Diesel last week and he complaints rattling noise from the co-driver door. The rattling settles down the moment you touch the plastics (black plastic just below the glass
from inside). Any clue what could cause this? I feel the door has a very slight vibration which causes that noise when the engine is on. Any suggestion will help.

Service Advisor Trident Hyundai (Mahadevapura Bangalore) told the rattling is common in Next Gen Verna (Without even hearing the full description of the complaint) and told it takes long time to fix it and he asked 2 - 3 days for the same. We are pretty sure its not any such complex issue.
Old 23rd January 2018, 20:00   #129

Hi Just took delivery of a Phantom Beast in EX. Looking to upgrade the entertainment unit. Prathik, you mentioned that you changed your unit to the one you got on AliExpress, can you post a pic and also a short review on the same. Does the adaptive guidelines work with the unit? I am thinking of going with the same.

Upgrades apart, Verna has improved on the ride and handling department immensely.
Old 26th January 2018, 21:55   #130
BHPian

(Posting on behalf of my friend - His buying experience)

I had booked a Phantom Beast SX(0) with Trident Hyundai, Bangalore.

1. At the time of booking, I was promised that car in stock is December 2017 manufactured. I have reconfirmed if the car was Dec 2017 manufactured many a times and I was promised that the car is Dec 2017 manufacture and I was given 200% surety of the same.

2. I have paid the part payment and I was given the VIN number. The VIN number was only 17 characters. When I asked the sales adviser about the 19 character VIN, I was asked to check the same while doing PDI.

3. I went ahead and did the PDI and I found that vehicle is Nov 2017 manufactured.

4. When I asked the same with my sales advisor he gave me a reply that he wasn't sure of the VIN and its decryption. He was completely unaware of the same. I can't believe how a sales adviser be without this basic knowledge.

5. The sales advisor started giving me various reasons and the most funniest one was, "Sir, I have called up the Hyundai factory and they confirmed that they have not manufactured a black next gen verna after Nov" I was simply shocked with this reply and later laughed out. Just told him to take time and think through a better reason

6. Frankly speaking I was okay with the Nov manufactured vehicle but just that I felt it wasn't a fair trade. Sales advisor could have handled this fair saying the fact rather its Dec vehicle till I paid him the money and let me explore the truth.

7. Fine, I didn't have an option I got to move forward. I went ahead with the buying decision.

8. Next to Insurance. My sales advisor didn't have any clue on the insurance and he asked me to talk to their insurance consultant in-house who can give me details on the insurance add-ons.

9. Started discussion with their insurance consultant but i found she too don't have any idea on what I am asking. She gave me the insurance agent number asked me to talk to him to find out the details. I called him and he started explaining me how the claim process works rather answering what I want. He suggested alternate contact for more details.

10. This is where I was pretty much pissed off. Why should I keep calling people? Isn't the purpose of the showroom to get me the information what I want?

11. Fine, I let go all these. I explored the details on my own and continued with the buying process. All I told my sales advisor is to get the delivery on time as promised.

12. He has told me that there won't be any problem with it. I believed him too.

13. On the day prior to delivery, he told he has problem with the fast tag and he gave me option if I want to go with temporary registration. He told fast tag has to come from Delhi and they didn't have stock. I asked him back isn't fast tag comes with every car now and it's just that you are supposed to register and activate the same? He didn't have any answer for the same.

14. By then I had enough from him so I told him to get all that I should be having at the time of delivery.

15. On the day of delivery when I went there,
He gave me the insurance proposal copy and told me that this is the insurance copy. The copy had an watermark saying this is not a policy. He told no problem with this and this is the insurance copy. I got to educate him what is the difference between the proposal copy and the actual insurance. Then he told he can't take the printout out and he will check and email the copy.

Ok fine, where is the final invoice copy? Sir.. I will give you the final invoice in two day time.

What is the vehicle number? Did you register the vehicle. Sir vehicle got registered but number yet to come. He will get the number in two day. I was like which world I am in.

What happened to the fast tag? Sir.. fast tag not possible, I couldnt do. Two days I will get it.

So I dont have, Insurance copy, Invoice copy, No proof of registration. How will I prove that this is my car?

I didn't know what to do, but I don't want to screw up the occasion I accepted all that and went ahead with the delivery of the vehicle.

Post Delivery

16. I went after a three days and got the invoice, insurance copy and vehicle number. I had a rattling in the co-driver side I asked one of the service adviser to have a look at it. He took it for a test drive and told the rattling is common in all Next Gen Verna. He asked me to feel happy because mine is on the lighter side and he has seen car bit more heavier. I was like how can rattling be common in all verna. If it is so, definitely by now TBHP would have discussed on the same (the same happened in case of ANHC)

17. On stressing more on fixing the same, he replied back saying fixing takes 3 - 4 days and they are busy right now with more cars for service. This is where I got the real picture of trident customer service. I thought sales is the only one screwed up by then I got to know its not only sales even service is bad.

18. From the day of delivery till now I am checking for the fast tag. My sales adviser told me what he has screwed it up for my fast tag. Looks like the misplaced the fast tag that was allocated for my car. Because they have to send the car for registration and fast tag is mandatory, they remove the fast tag from another car (where the tag got damaged). They just made up something to stick that to windshield and registered the same tag to my car.

19. So I have a tag registered against my car but that tag doesn't work. They were trying to cancel the tag and get a new one created. They found that that's not possible once the tag gets registered. After 20 days of follow up he told me all these story and asked me if I can call up PayTM and ask for a replacement tag.

20. I have called them up and asked for the replacement. They told 100/- charge for the same and told they will send me in 7 working days.

I have read here in TBHP many such buying experience with various other showrooms but how much care as a customer we take to avoid this but still we are pushed to face all these.

I am sharing my experience with everyone here so that you are better informed about trident when you are dealing with them.

Also, if I can ask you guys for an reliable reference from any other hyundai showroom in bangalore (preferably advaith) to get my rattling fixed will be a great help for me.
hardilip is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2018, 23:04   #131

Hi Raghu,

What is the mileage that the car is giving ? I am seriously looking at NextGen Verna and read somewhere it gave 8.5 in the city (Petrol version).
If you know, can you share the average mileage from the petrol version.

Thanks,
Nirav.
ndalal02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2018, 21:41   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
I have been meaning to post an update on the modifications I have done on my Diesel EX Auto variant as well.
Hi Pathik,

I had ordered the same unit from the same seller. But he is asking for the back side wiring diagram so that he can fix the power connectors accordingly. Was your system a perfect fit? Did you give him the diagrams? If so can you post it to me so I can send the same?

Also please do let me know how is the system.

Last edited by ampere : 28th January 2018 at 23:02. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 10th February 2018, 09:48   #133
BHPian

Hi All,

How about the tyre rotation alignment and balancing? What should be the frequency? Should this be done only with the Hyundai ASC or can be done outside as well?
Old 19th February 2018, 11:17   #134
BHPian

Has anyone observed frequent puncture with verna? I have a hankook tires and I already have 4 punctures (out of which one didn't cut through enough). In all these punctures it was small nails that had caused it. Thought those kind of nails cant make a deep impact. In my another car I had michelin and it never had such issues.

Is it something to do with Hankook or possible with the one I have got?

Should I raise this as an issue with Hyundai / dealership?
Old 25th February 2018, 03:25   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartrxm View Post
Hi Pathik,

I had ordered the same unit from the same seller. But he is asking for the back side wiring diagram so that he can fix the power connectors accordingly. Was your system a perfect fit? Did you give him the diagrams? If so can you post it to me so I can send the same?

Also please do let me know how is the system.
Apologies for the late reply. You just need the standard connectors they provide. I did not give him any diagram too. The system is working fine for me except -

1. Factory fitted rear-camera doesn't work. Had to install a third-party rear camera.
2. System is a little tight fit. Installer had to put in lot of efforts to get it in place. I am really afraid if I ever have to remove the system now - it is going to be a big challenge.

If you have any other queries, please ask.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks