Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2018, 03:26   #31

re: My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up

Nice and splendid post gururajrv. Congratulations on your new ride. Wishing lots of safe and happy miles! I am planning to buy the AMT version and found your report extremely helpful. Thanks again!
yuv1th is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2018, 01:35   #32
Senior - BHPian

re: My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuv1th View Post
Nice and splendid post gururajrv. Congratulations on your new ride. Wishing lots of safe and happy miles! I am planning to buy the AMT version and found your report extremely helpful. Thanks again!
Thanks, yuv1th! It’s been 1.5 years now since I got this gem into my life. It’s just completed 21,000kms this morning. Glad the basic report helped to make your decision.

I’ve heard the AMT version is a lot refined compared to other AMT lineups in Maruti stable as I’ve heard the launch is a bit jerky which is not found in Brezza AMT surprisingly. You can go for it and all the best

PS:

Welcome to TBHP!
Old 26th December 2018, 17:39   #33
Senior - BHPian

Not much to report on my steed, except for the recent left LED headlight sourced from XP (Brand: Nighteye) fused without any warning. My initial analysis revealed the fan not working and I do not know the exact reason for failure leading to heat generation within the LED bulb that kept shutting on & off every 15 secs. As for now, I’ve reverted to stock setup on the low beam. I’m now excessively doing a research on the best LED H7 to be sourced - my bet goes on the Morimoto. However, waiting on responses for my query posted on the lights section of this forum.

Apart from this, there’s absolutely nothing to complain as of now. Will post the updates on the progress I make with LED sourcing.
Old 29th December 2018, 22:44   #34
Senior - BHPian

I was browsing through websites and stumbled upon this link that was shared and tried by our bhpian kskthere on his new Baleno for trying out LED fog lamp bulb. I have placed an order with overall cost coming upto Rs 2699

I will reserve further comments until I try the bulb completely and will post my observations on this thread.

Product name: AUTOBAHN LED Headlight R6 customized
Type: H7 (Low beam)
Price: Rs 2999 (running on discount)

Before, I go onto Morimoto range, I would like to try out options available in the market. I already tried NightEye sourced from Xenon Planet last year which fused just after a year + one month. I will check on this product by researching more with usage and will then finalize on investing a substantial amount once I have understood LED products completely.

Last edited by gururajrv : 29th December 2018 at 22:49.
Old 18th December 2021, 18:30   #35
Senior - BHPian

It’s been a long while since I updated on Brezza. Car is doing well with no niggles to report even after completing 44,000 kms in 5 years as I type here.

My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-cccc10913ef04c2bb5907d28111434fa.jpeg

• Regular maintenance schedule is followed - that is 10,000 KMS or 1 year. However, I do visit ASS every 5000 kms to get an inspection done considering the car is lying idle during the lockdowns.
  • Power is adequate. But suffers from low end lag which I’m planning for a Wolf Moto remap for the car in the coming months. While at times I do feel remap is going to be a luxury than a necessity for my requirement or usage pattern. Nevertheless, will keep the thread updated if at all I gather my thoughts together to convince myself and go ahead. Not a top speed fan, but the drivability factor is what I’m focusing on. Looking at reviews from our TBHP members who’ve availed service from Wolf Moto, I’m confident I can get a map that satisfies my needs.
  • Interior parts have held up well in the last 5 years. Surprising for a Maruti product. Touchwood.
  • I’d never had an incident in the last 5 years. However, previous Monday, a Bolero Semi Pick up brushed my car from the left side while standing at a signal causing the panel to take the beating. Never saw a scratch on the Bolero but Brezza’s build did show to an extent which convinced the 4 star rated car proving itself despite taking the brunt. I didn’t want to screw up my peace fighting over the damage as I knew it’d be difficult for the driver to reimburse in these challenging situations. So I let him go as I had an appointment with a doctor at the same time and didn’t want to end up fighting over it. Total damage is RS. 5,100/- for the repairs from the trusted body repair shop - Trend Automobiles on Hosur main road. It hurts to see a scratch and a dent that seemed deep on the car. But, life is such that it keeps hitting us with surprises and we’ve to accept & move on.

Damage & WIP repair:
My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-f27bdc039a75465aa2b3bf8a9fd1fecd.jpeg

My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-2d141a634a8f43f89d00c7456e507351.jpeg

Post Repair - I give Trend a full 10 on 10 for their professionalism in attending to the job and being transparent in dealing with the repairs:

My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-9d0ec511f8fd48afab3928ab924c773c.jpeg

My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-d10ccf8aa6ef4332a617d30e9bf7ed5e.jpeg

While the new paint is clearly noticeable, most likely with time, it should fade and gel with the overall body color.

• Last month, I casually ran into an ad that instigated a sudden rush to upgrade to a Jeep Compass (Pre-owned) and I bugged our Dbhpian arun_josie sir. I’ve made up my mind to upgrade to a Jeep Compass if I come across a good example that fits within my budget. As of now, the plan is on but haven’t put it to action full-on yet. Will see how things progress for me personally in the coming year and take steps accordingly. However, as Arun sir’s advise if at all I’m planning for an upgrade will look at examples past 2018 models to eliminate the issues reported from initial lot from 2017.
  • Nevertheless, the car has been absolutely niggle free whatsoever. That’s the advantage of Maruti product and icing on the cake is 4 star safety assigned to the car. I didn’t know the importance of this when I bought Brezza in 2016! I’m glad the car scored well which assures confidence in me.
  • The long awaited wish to complete is for an alloy swap. I’ve zeroed in on Lenso, Plati, AVA alloys. However, the tread on the current Apollo’s are good for another 6-8k kms easily basis my conversation with Dbhpian audioholic. I will stick to 16 inch itself to ensure the comfort isn’t compromised. However, there’s quite a lot of good options with 17 inch which I saw on few shops in person.
  • My headlamps have been on LEDs since 2017. However, I noticed the brightness has come down drastically and my wife noticed it on the recent night drive I had to take back in November while returning from Dharmasthala where the lights were super dull at night and it was a hard sight creating pressure on my eyes too as roads weren’t visible well enough. I’d to exert too much focus to ensure I didn’t miss any detail or obstruction on the Hassan-Bangalore stretch considering there’s repairs causing deviations in between. I am thinking of switching to Xenons on low beams while the high beam will stay on with LED’s. I will also be swapping my stock fog lamps with BI-LED foglamps.
  • I’ve never worried on taking the car extremely bad patches of roads either inside the city or outside too. It handles all patches very well and comfort is a plus. It’s the smaller engine that lets the car down otherwise.

Nevertheless, Brezza has proved its mettle and I enjoy every drive with it. I only wish Brezza had got a better engine that is S-cross’s sweet 1.6D. It’d have been a hoot to drive considering how well it handles and drives. I’m a Diesel engine lover and will surely be upgrading to a bigger diesel soon enough before they all drive into the sunset in the coming decade.

I’ll try to keep this thread active as much as I can. Until next time, thanking you

RV

Last edited by gururajrv : 18th December 2021 at 18:32.
gururajrv is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 10:14   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
It’s been a long while since I updated on Brezza. Car is doing well with no niggles to report even after completing 44,000 kms in 5 years as I type here.
Well it's very nice to know when your beloved machine serves you well without any hiccups and since it's a Maruti it will continue to do so for the coming years, I very well know that. My dad's friend has a similar model of your vintage and is mainly used for outstation long distance trips for work purpose and he loves those trips with this car and remains comfortable even after maybe 300kms at a stretch which is praiseworthy indeed!

Quote:
Regular maintenance schedule is followed - that is 10,000 KMS or 1 year. However, I do visit ASS every 5000 kms to get an inspection done considering the car is lying idle during the lockdowns.
This is the key for long term durability of any car. I always remember the dialogue of Jason Statham from Transporter 3 when he said to the goons at the garage- "Take care of your car and she'll take care of you!"

Quote:
I’d never had an incident in the last 5 years. However, previous Monday..
Well it's very sad to know that your beloved machine bore the brunt without any fault of yours but at the same time you did the right thing to NOT get into a heated argument as it's completely useless to explain to these morons, I would have done the same thing

Quote:
While the new paint is clearly noticeable, most likely with time, it should fade and gel with the overall body color.
Very delighted to see your machine back to shape and on the road again, I hope you never have such nasty incidents ever in the future.

Quote:
Last month, I casually ran into an ad that instigated a sudden rush to upgrade to a Jeep Compass (Pre-owned)
Well I can imagine the urge in your mind to upgrade to the Jeep and I must say you are on the right track, even if you aren't very serious just keep checking out the cars, nobody knows when you can get hold of a golden goose, you may even find some sparingly used facelift models, which has those drool worthy interiors at a stellar price, there ain't no harm in hoping, isn't it?

Quote:
That’s the advantage of Maruti product and icing on the cake is 4 star safety assigned to the car. I didn’t know the importance of this when I bought Brezza in 2016! I’m glad the car scored well which assures confidence in me.
This is one of the exact few reasons why I like cars like Brezza and S-Cross, they are the only cars from Suzuki India's stable to have a respectable safety rating which is why they are all the more advantageous not only to buy, but recommend too as well! I just hope that new Brezza, S-Cross and other new CSUVs from Maruti from the future is at par or betters the structural integrity of the outgoing Brezza.

Quote:
My headlamps have been on LEDs since 2017. However, I noticed the brightness has come down drastically..
Just ping our Maruti expert, @Leoshashi sir, he is the apt person for finding an exact solution to your woes.

Quote:
I’m a Diesel engine lover and will surely be upgrading to a bigger diesel soon enough before they all drive into the sunset in the coming decade.
A high five from another fellow diesel head! Once you experience that addictive low-end torque rush once you get past the turbo-lag and smoke everybody in the dust but at the end of the day you manage to squeeze out an excellent fuel-economy as well makes your day! Yeah, it's so sad to see them go away into oblivion but that doesn't stop us from experiencing them at least one last time, isn't it? I hope you grab your favourite diesel powered car in pronto before they are gone!

Quote:
I’ll try to keep this thread active as much as I can. Until next time, thanking you
Stay safe and happy motoring. Thanks!
Tony2298 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 11:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony2298 View Post
Well it's very nice to know when your beloved machine serves you well without any hiccups and since it's a Maruti it will continue to do so for the coming years, I very well know that. My dad's friend has a similar model of your vintage and is mainly used for outstation long distance trips for work purpose and he loves those trips with this car and remains comfortable even after maybe 300kms at a stretch which is praiseworthy indeed!

Stay safe and happy motoring. Thanks!
Sweet of you to share your inputs there, buddy

I will contact Dbhpian Leoshashi sir and seek opinion on the headlight upgrade.

Yes, Brezza certainly is a strong & comfortable car from Suzuki stable and I strongly they continue with the upcoming model as well.

I am keeping a close eye on the preowned listings to find a good example bigger Diesel engine cars and once I find one I might upgrade. But certainly not in a rush considering Brezza doing it’s duty very well.

On a lighter note my family might put me on OLX listings for talking about upgrading time and again
Old 28th December 2021, 11:32   #38
BHPian

Quote:

• Power is adequate. But suffers from low end lag which I’m planning for a Wolf Moto remap for the car in the coming months. While at times I do feel remap is going to be a luxury than a necessity for my requirement or usage pattern. Nevertheless, will keep the thread updated if at all I gather my thoughts together to convince myself and go ahead. Not a top speed fan, but the drivability factor is what I’m focusing on. Looking at reviews from our TBHP members who’ve availed service from Wolf Moto, I’m confident I can get a map that satisfies my needs.

RV
Hi gururaj, happy to see your Brezza performing it's duties in the exact way a workhorse is supposed to. This was the very same reason why I decided my wife should buy one for herself. When it comes to a trouble free and abuse friendly ownership, Maruti is the best choice. Our ride is 3 years old now but has run slightly more than yours.

I got a Wolf remap (Stage 1) done one year post purchase. The reason for going ahead with it was the same annoying turbo lag that is bothering you too and which is a characteristic of this engine. However, the turbo lag still persists and this is something a remap cannot solve. I do enjoy the improved performance and the manner the engine feels more eager than before, but if you are looking only at removing the lag, then I feel it is best you take a test drive of a remapped one before taking the plunge.
Old 28th December 2021, 12:38   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Hi gururaj, happy to see your Brezza performing it's duties in the exact way a workhorse is supposed to. This was the very same reason why I decided my wife should buy one for herself. When it comes to a trouble free and abuse friendly ownership, Maruti is the best choice. Our ride is 3 years old now but has run slightly more than yours.
Hi Carfreak - yes, Brezza is absolutely niggle free. That’s USP of Maruti. Luckily, the car has good strength in terms of its build as well which reassures confidence. I only wish Maruti could extend the build quality across their line up.

Quote:
I got a Wolf remap (Stage 1) done one year post purchase. The reason for going ahead with it was the same annoying turbo lag that is bothering you too and which is a characteristic of this engine. However, the turbo lag still persists and this is something a remap cannot solve. I do enjoy the improved performance and the manner the engine feels more eager than before, but if you are looking only at removing the lag, then I feel it is best you take a test drive of a remapped one before taking the plunge.
I heard Rajiv could tailor the map according to the needs of the consumer. Have you tried speaking to Rajiv? I guess it’s the default map for MJD engines they might’ve given to you, may be? I am not focused on top end but looking at increasing the drivability. Yes, I wish I’d a friend here in Bangalore who could give me a first hand experience of remapped Brezza

Otherwise, how do you think the car performs post the remap?
Old 3rd January 2022, 21:18   #40
BHPian

Quote:
I heard Rajiv could tailor the map according to the needs of the consumer. Have you tried speaking to Rajiv? I guess it’s the default map for MJD engines they might’ve given to you, may be? I am not focused on top end but looking at increasing the drivability. Yes, I wish I’d a friend here in Bangalore who could give me a first hand experience of remapped Brezza

Otherwise, how do you think the car performs post the remap?
I mentioned to the person who had come to do the remap about my requirement and he discussed it with Rajiv. He told me the turbo lag will persist and cannot be completely eliminated.

I am happy with the remap, thanks to the overall improvement in the driving experience. I still feel it will be better you take a test drive before going ahead with the remap. I am sure the Wolf team can suggest few owners who won't mind lending their ride for a brief test drive
carfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 21:20   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
I mentioned to the person who had come to do the remap about my requirement and he discussed it with Rajiv. He told me the turbo lag will persist and cannot be completely eliminated.

I am happy with the remap, thanks to the overall improvement in the driving experience. I still feel it will be better you take a test drive before going ahead with the remap. I am sure the Wolf team can suggest few owners who won't mind lending their ride for a brief test drive
Thanks for being brief about it! I’ll take a note and proceed accordingly. My car is due for a tire swap in next 2-3k kms. By then, I’ll go in for a remap after the swap and upgrade to a better designed alloy
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 05:07   #42
Senior - BHPian

Episode of Renewal in Interest

It's been a long time since I wrote anything about my car. With Maruti cars, one thing is, you don't really get to write home about much. Because, it serves the very purpose for anyone driving from point A to point B unless you spice things up which our members have done with quite a few examples (Sudeepg, Dr.Naren and few more). I believe most of the owners will agree with me when I say - it is built to last and certainly bore you at one point and it amplifies when one is having a load full of options out there in the market if you plan to ever upgrade.

Yes, I did get that bug, yet again, of upgrading randomly at the beginning of the year when my car completed 5 years with 45k kms on the odo. While I did actively search for few prospects out in the market i.e. New / Pre-Owned, after a deep thought and some discussion in the round-table with the family, I decided against going for an upgrade this very month (Dec 2022) due to obvious financial reasons involved when car is still as good as new at 51,700 odd kms at the time of writing this update.

Okay, let's get over with the updates I have done so far in 2022 for the car:
  • GTR-Pro Alloys with Michelin Primary 4 (Size 16 inch, 225/60)
Total Damage to the pocket is Rs.80,000/- i.e. inclusive of both tire set and alloy purchase from Tire Empire in HSR Layout. Including pics below - As far as my experience goes, I am in love with Michelin Primacy tires. They made world of difference coming from stock Apollo tires. Highly recommended. I did not think too much except for browsing through catalog available at the store - I just went with what both of us i.e. me and my wife liked. Did not do math too much with respect to weight etc. Overall looks good with wider tires which peek bit outside the body line. In fact it gives a good character to the car:

My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-alloy-pic1.jpg
My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-alloy-pic2.jpg

• IPHCAR Bi-LED projectors from Blaze India
Headlight & Fog-Lights had weakened to an extent it was infact noticed by my wife itself while doing a casual night drive where I had to literally depend on the high beam. That is when I realized I hadn't quite thought seriously about the lights itself after getting LEDs on the headlight assembly back in 2019. It was high time I went in for a good setup. I had to think whether I opted for a headlight assembly which involved opening up the assembly and installing the D2S projectors or stick to relatively easier way of getting Fog projector assembly. When I made a firm decision, I didn't think much about whom to contact. It had to be our own team bhpian Sudeepg - the level of DIYs he's performed on his car was quite amazing. I directly contact Sudeep and he was very sweet to answer all my queries and provided me with one Mr.Amit from Blaze India.

The very same day, I reached out to Amit and finalized the purchase of Bi-LED projectos with variable color temperature. Finalized purchase and Amit shared details of the dispatch within couple of hours and I got the product in 3 days time.

Next step was fairly easier for me because I am not a DIY guy. I asked Amit from Blaze to share his contact in Bangalore for the installation. He provided Nawaz who took care of installation. He also provides installation at home itself but I had some work over the weekend which made me meet Nawaz in person at the location he advised. Since I was quite elated to see the installation of the most wanted upgrade on the car, I forgot to click pictures while doing so. Please make do with the after-installation pictures to see the lights for yourself and my verdict is - Blaze India is a good contact who is responsive and quick to meet customers needs. Highly recommended.

Apologies, I forgot to click pictures as usual due to my involvement while the technician was installing the projectors. But, I have some pictures which will show on-road performance of these lights. I am satisfied as I took the car out on highway at night and I was confidently cruising at respectable speeds. My next focus is on improving the headlight throw which has deteriorated rapidly in the last 2,000 odd kms. I am cautiously evaluating my next step in improvising the headlight. Will post updates as I make some quantifiable update on this. Please make do with below pictures:

Light pattern & output:
My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-projector-light-beam-1.jpg
My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-projector-light-beam2.jpg

3 x temperatures available within the fog:
My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-projector-light-ray1.jpg
My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-projector-light-ray2.jpg
My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-projector-light-ray3.jpg
  • Ferodo Brake Pads from Engineering Exponent
My car has run 51,000 kms on stock brake pads. Braking accuracy or feel had deteriorated quite rapidly in the last 1,000 kms. When I reached Sudeepg for advise, he suggested either EBC / TVS pads. I am not an aggressive driver with almost family in tow almost all the time. I would consider myself a little over a sedate driver and not too spirited. Hence, I reached Engineering Exponent who advised Ferodo pads for replacement. I have done it now and I feel braking performance is now back to being normal and a little better over the stock pads. Unfortunately no pictures here as I was indulged in getting a test drive with the stage 2+ Brezza while the work was being carried out. Nevertheless, braking is good right now. Can expect the average life for this pad to be 20-25,000 kms. It costed me 2,000 Rs which I believe is good compared to stock pads.

Overall experience with new set of pads is beyond satisfactory levels!
  • Turning Point for me to RENEW my INTEREST in the car, yet AGAIN!
It is the REMAP - yes, I got the car remapped from the most renowned provider i.e. Wolf Moto!

This was THE turning point for me which quenched my thirst for an upgrade. I am surprised myself for saying this because, my car suffered from that lag which any 1.3 DDiS engine owners would agree when I mention this! This custom stage 1+ remap which I got for my car has changed its characteristic leaps and bounds. I do not see any lag which I experienced before the remap.

When I made up my mind for this remap, I reached Joe @ Wolf Moto who was extremely professional in his response from the very beginning. He advised they have Stage 1 / 1+ options which is standard. Considering I am a guy who wants his car to be a unique one amongst the crowd, he quickly understood my requirements & suggested they can do a custom basis my requirements which I listed as below:

1. Me: Reduce lag (Joe confirmed they cannot eliminate lag but can certainly reduce it)

2. Me: Not a top-end fan, but prefer the car to be quick on its toes from the word Get-Go with strong initial and improved mid range! (Joe confirmed it can be achieved depending on several factors)

3. Me: Smoke reduction (Joe advised clearly, smoke cannot be eliminated but it will not increase significantly as is against the pre-remap)

4. Me: Power should be available across rev-range with better in-gear acceleration. I was upset with in-city / highway overtakes which demanded gear changes frequently in the stock map. This effect felt so pronounced after I upsized the tire earlier this year.

With all the requirements in place, I confirmed my date on which I would visit their center (11 Dec 2022). Joe agreed and shared details of Engineering Exponents which is their authorized dealer in Bangalore for Wolf remap. When I was at their center, luckily, I got to experience Stage 2+ Brezza from Mangalore who was there getting the service done. That car gave me a gist of what I should be doing next

My experience with Engineering Exponent (EE) was at another level! I met Mr.Rakshith who is managing the operations at EE and is working with Mr. Jayanth running the EE! I had a lengthy conversation before the remap process began. Rakshith was quick to download the original map file and sent it to the Wolf operations team at around 1 PM IST for them to build a map suiting my needs.

At around 2 PM IST, we got the remap file back from Wolf and Rakshith was quick to plug it to my car. Overall process took about 25-35 mins approximately.

WIP picture of the remap:

My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-wolf-remap-process.jpg

Post remap completion, Rakshith and me took a drive outside near Whitefield. Knowing the road plagued with traffic (including me), we did find a fairly empty road which showed the improvements in the car already almost real-time while I was seated as a passenger. However, to rule out any possibilities of placebo effect, I reserved my comments / feedback there. Although I could feel the changes, Rakshith advised clearly a revised map will be learnt by ECU in about 100-250 kms range. At this point, I can safely state the gains is about 15-18% with the Stage 1+ custom remap I opted for. Doesn't feel like an FNG at all - extremely professional in their approach & executing a particular task for customer! Rakshith also told me in case I needed a revised remap to amplify the tune, he can very well do it with no additional cost.

I left their garage and took the ring road to reach home. I could instantly feel the lag reduced with power available on tap (I am not exaggerating) atleast for a person who ran on stock map which was laggy. As of now, I feel like a gamer who has increased his system's RAM from 8 GB to a whopping 32 GB! That's how lag-free the engine is right now. I am for sure enjoying the way car has transformed right now with the Wolf Remap!

This last weekend, I took a 160kms round trip to a close by restaurant (Murugan Idli Shop - Krishnagiri) and I am certainly happy to report car performed extremely well with minimal gear shifts demanded by engine. Power is available across rev range which I believe is now felt between 1,500 - 3,000 RPMs easily and the engine doesn't run out of steam quickly unlike before! I will certainly go for a Stage 2+ custom remap sometime in 2023 mid.

With all the handful list of upgrades, I am quite happy with how the car has turned out to be and it's given me a wide scope for thoughts right now on my way forward with the car. I am active on the forum but I am not too active on my thread itself considering the car does what it's meant to do! I will keep posting progress as and when a substantial update is made with it.

With all the drives (short and fairly longer ones), car was extremely dirty and demanded a wash which I got it from Express car care center in HSR:

My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-car-wash.jpg
My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-car-wash-process.jpg

Signing off with a few pics captured under various drives:
Attached Thumbnails
My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-car-pic8.jpg  

My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-car-pic3.jpg  

My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-car-pic2.jpg  

gururajrv is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 13:04   #43
BHPian

Re: My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up

Glad to know that you are enjoying the ride after the upgrades. Couple of quick questions -
  1. How has remap impacted your mileage? Is there a big difference?
  2. How much did the remap cost you?
prashantuchil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 14:29   #44
Senior - BHPian

Re: My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantuchil View Post
Glad to know that you are enjoying the ride after the upgrades. Couple of quick questions -
  1. How has remap impacted your mileage? Is there a big difference?
  2. How much did the remap cost you?
  1. It's too early for me to comment on the economy as the car got it's first fill up now after the remap. However, prior to remap as well, I was getting 16kmpl average. I will keep an eye out and report my observations after 4 more refills.
  2. Standard Stage 1 & Stage 1+ is somewhere around 25-28k. Since, I went in for a tailored remap, there was an added cost to it for which the total cost for remap came up till 34k.
Hope this helps.
gururajrv is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 15:03   #45
Senior - BHPian

Firstly happy new year to everyone

I had the opportunity to take the car out on highway and this time back to my native, Mysore! Car performed a lot better than it did prior to remap which was very much expected. What surprised me was how it delivered that performance in a linear but a strong manner throughout. Never did I feel anywhere during the drive I had to keep working on gears. While the highway influenced by letting the car stretch it's legs well, remap has transformed the car well. I was doing a lot of respectable speeds throughout and overtakes was a breeze! It was effortless to say the least.

I don't think I'll need more power at the moment after Stage 1+ custom remap. If at all I do think of adding more, it'll be a luxury than a necessity at this point. So I'll let it sail until I'll get too bored again with it.

Joe @ Wolf Remap also advised a Stage 2 should make the car more lively but would certainly compromise a bit on the low end when I go for a downpipe, which will be a compromise for me as well since I drive a lot inside city. So, I'm better off with Stage 1+ custom right now. Stage 2 focuses more on the strong mid and top end is what Joe confirmed. I will cautiously evaluate whenever I get bored with the current setup.

Quote:
  1. It's too early for me to comment on the economy as the car got it's first fill up now after the remap. However, prior to remap as well, I was getting 16kmpl average. I will keep an eye out and report my observations after 4 more refills.
  2. Standard Stage 1 & Stage 1+ is somewhere around 25-28k. Since, I went in for a tailored remap, there was an added cost to it for which the total cost for remap came up till 34k.
Hope this helps.
As for the economy / average after the remap, I'm quoting my post herewith for the observations made so far:

- Car returned an average of 16-17kmpl on highway as against previously it was around 15kmpl average it returned while maintaining good speeds (read 100-140kmpl)

- Above economy was recorded on the second refuel since the remap. I will continue to record this observation to witness the consistency on the average.

- One other thing is, 3 of 4 SensAiry sensors have gone dead. I have procured it already from Tymtix through my contact Ajay who manages operations at Tymtix SensAiry. I will be going next week to replace all 4 sensors to ensure I get all back to normal in terms of tire monitoring.

I do not think I'll have much updates on this workhorse much unless I plan to meddle with it either cosmetically / mechanically. Got some rolling shot from a friend during my visit to Mysore. Signing off with the odo and a rolling shot picture.

Until next time - stay safe and happy motoring!
Attached Thumbnails
My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-20221231_013030.jpg  

My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-img20221230wa0007.jpg  

gururajrv is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks