Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2018, 11:32   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Mercedes-Benz E350 CDI : The bad boy in a suit

Nice thread & love how you've made your W212 look special by adding all those subtle but necessary mods, very well deserved for a v6
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2018, 11:48   #17
BHPian

Congratulations raj981 for getting this beautiful car. A few months ago, in a team-bhp poll, I voted for Mercedes-Benz E-Class over BMWs and Audis. Your report made me think I was right in doing so. The AMG kit worked as the cherry on the cake and gave the oomph factor to an already beautiful car.
I wish you many happy miles ahead.
Amit_Kapoor4750 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2018, 12:11   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Just finished reading your review in detail. Firstly, heartiest congratulations on bringing this elegant sedan home . White & silver are my top choices for these cars; yours looks just fantastic with that kit! The E-Class is far more practical than a 5-Series and I'm extremely happy that you chose the 6-cylinder. In this class of car, a 6-cylinder motor is a MUST. If you can't afford it new, buy it used, but get 6 bad boys under the hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj981 View Post
The E350 CDI retailed for around 81L OTR before the new generation was launched and I got a very sweet deal on the car.

always wanted closed the deal for the white MY 2015 vehicle for a mark down of around 35% over the OTR price.
You got yours for ~53 lakhs? That is a sweeeet deal for an E350 & easily comparable to pre-owned cars. I personally don't prefer examples that have been sitting on the dealer lot for over 3 months, but I will admit this is a deal I would strongly consider too. And very smart decision on taking the 6 year warranty. Even though your W212 is from the final model years and will prove reliable, it costs mega bucks to fix things. I've already recovered what I paid for my extended warranty and still have 1.5 years left. Nothing quite like the peace-of-mind provided by a full warranty.

Quote:
Since my annual run is going to be around 6k-7k kms I was strongly adviced to opt out of the service package, which I reluctantly complied.
Please, please, please keep taking her out on the open road. These cars are built to cruise. My road-trips have greatly increased since I got the 530d. In Jan & Feb alone, she's done ~1,500 km on the highway. My usage pattern is similar to yours wherein there's not much of daily running for her. Primarily, nights + weekends + highway.

Thanks for sharing this amazing review. It's been added to our homepage.
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th March 2018, 13:01   #19
BHPian

raj981 I am left with the wonderment of such a sweet ride tastefully done.Your accessorizing is spot on. Loved the Kit and attention to detail. Cheers on your new ride.Not to forget the rear spoiler .
ToothyPetrohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2018, 13:14   #20
BHPian

Congratulations! In my personal opinion, the W212 had the best interiors and exteriors ever on a Merc, and with the AMG kit it looks absolutely stunning.
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2018, 15:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

Nice review, sir! V6 turns any enthusiast aroused to keep munching miles for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

There were days in the past when Mercs, Beemers and Audi’s were considered as status quotient. But, trend change has already begun in full swing wherein these big bad Germans are considered to quench the thirst for power hungry minds of us, the Enthusiasts!
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2018, 19:55   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToothyPetrohead View Post
raj981 I am left with the wonderment of such a sweet ride tastefully done.Your accessorizing is spot on. Loved the Kit and attention to detail. Cheers on your new ride.Not to forget the rear spoiler .
Thanks a lot. On the rear spoiler since you have mentioned, we deliberated countless hours on whether it should be a white or black; Finally decided to go with white as it nicely extends the boot-line as opposed to the black that looked wicked but not "Subtle"; but the jury is still out there on that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Just finished reading your review in detail. Firstly, heartiest congratulations on bringing this elegant sedan home . White & silver are my top choices for these cars; yours looks just fantastic with that kit!
Thanks! Every appreciation on the kit feels like hours of "client billable time" that I let go when the E was being prepped for me is time well spent! The E went under the knife when my team was working on two M&A deals and trust me the folks at Shaman were patient as hell and accommodating my every single tantrum like monks! Anyone planning to accessorize their Mercs give me a shout and I will have them connect to the best in my humble opinion.

Quote:
The E-Class is far more practical than a 5-Series and I'm extremely happy that you chose the 6-cylinder. In this class of car, a 6-cylinder motor is a MUST. If you can't afford it new, buy it used, but get 6 bad boys under the hood.
I was very clear in my mind......6 nahi toh kuch nahi!

Quote:
You got yours for ~53 lakhs? That is a sweeeet deal for an E350 & easily comparable to pre-owned cars. I personally don't prefer examples that have been sitting on the dealer lot for over 3 months, but I will admit this is a deal I would strongly consider too. And very smart decision on taking the 6 year warranty.
You got the math right, add 4L for the AMG and a 3L for the factory warranty extension. On a side note, I had paid the booking amount for the 530D G30 but opted out as there deliveries were taking 6 + months, coupled with that, the Cess regime change just made it bitter. All my vehicles get the factory warranty extension including my Jazz. Factory warranty on these Japanese vehicles are way economical over their German counterparts. The probability of things going wrong, I guess is more with the Germans.

Quote:
Please, please, please keep taking her out on the open road. These cars are built to cruise.
Absolutely! My trips to the US mean that I don't get as much time as I want! Rectifying that as soon as I'm back. A Goa trip is on the works.

Quote:
Thanks for sharing this amazing review. It's been added to our homepage.
Appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit_Kapoor4750 View Post
Congratulations raj981 for getting this beautiful car. A few months ago, in a team-bhp poll, I voted for Mercedes-Benz E-Class over BMWs and Audis.
Call me biased. I did too!!!
raj981 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2018, 20:04   #23
BHPian

53 lakh otr for this is brand-new C class category!!(almost).That is some deal you've got.

Do MB India offer a remap kit like BMW does with their M kits which don't void warranty?If they do, I'd opt for that given the savings made with that sweet deal.
octane1002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2018, 21:02   #24
BHPian

Fantastic Choice. A mile muncher in its true sense. Doesn't E350 ride on 18inchers( 245/40 ) compared to the 17 in the E250 ?
Veelubai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 02:07   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
Fantastic Choice. A mile muncher in its true sense. Doesn't E350 ride on 18inchers( 245/40 ) compared to the 17 in the E250 ?
Nope. E350 and E250 both have 17inch wheels. The only difference being the 350 got the multi spoke alloys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
Do MB India offer a remap kit like BMW does with their M kits which don't void warranty?If they do, I'd opt for that given the savings made with that sweet deal.
I don’t think they do but a good point and I will surely check. For now I’m happy with how it drives and handles so no point tinkering with the stock setting. Maybe something I’d consider after loads of miles on this.
Old 11th March 2018, 10:46   #26
BHPian

Very well written and an enjoyable read. Your car looks muscular yet classy and I’m very happy to know that you chose to go the ‘car enthusiast’ way and chose the 6 cylinder bad boy. What an amazing combination. Now you have supreme comfort (unlike the BMW) but a powerful, sporty powertrain (like the BMW).

Congratulations and do make the full use of the money you’ve spent by going on long road-trips. Frequently.
The Brutailer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 20:15   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
53 lakh otr for this is brand-new C class category!!(almost).That is some deal you've got.

Checked with MB India, unfortunately engine remap voids the warranty. Very surprisingly even a steering wheel change is not allowed if the replacement is not of the same type. So a flat bottomed steering or an AMG with Alcantara is out of question.
Old 14th March 2018, 07:31   #28
BHPian

Excellent review and modifications! Love the black wheels on the white top.

I saw a similar Audi A4 last week, with white body, blacked out custom rims, and red beading around the rims. Looked really wicked!
Maybe, in the future, you could make this mod to add more wickedness to your car too! :P
sharktale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 11:47   #29
Team-BHP Support

Wonderful review! Thanks for sharing...

I am personally not a big fan of white, but with those tasteful modifications you have really got it spot on! White can look really good
The car manages to look elegant with an air of youthfulness. Do keep updating the thread
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2018, 18:46   #30
BHPian

This is what i woke upto today early morning. Some kids used permanent marker on the door. tried to wash it off with some soap water but not able to get it off. Some online fix recommends acetone but some other forum says it will thin the paint. One fix is colgate, it seems. Lets see how that goes!
Here are some pics!

My Mercedes-Benz E350 CDI : The bad boy in a suit-img_20180421_1948460.jpg

My Mercedes-Benz E350 CDI : The bad boy in a suit-img_20180421_1948578.jpg
raj981 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed