Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 19th October 2017, 10:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report A car adding festivities to life!

Great thread.
Congrats on your new car. I'm sure the Baleno is a great upgrade from the WagonR considering you're skipping a segment.

The only drawback is the build quality. Hyundai and VW win there. Polo>i20>>>Jazz>Baleno.

Owners I know are happy with the highway performance too. You could try short trips on your new car. It won't match up to your City though. I always prefer a large hatchback over a compact sedan. Reason: The hatchbacks are developed with the first world market as a target and are more premium compared to their compact sedan counterparts.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 19th October 2017 at 10:53.
Old 19th October 2017, 10:55   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report A car adding festivities to life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I am planning to protect the paint using Collinite Wax after 1st service and then repeating the coating every 6 months.
Thanks for clarifying that. Given that you are in Delhi, I would suggest that you check the paint surface now and then using the plastic bag test. Basically you put your hand in any plastic cover and gently feel the car's surfaces after you wash/dust it. If it begins to feels rough it means that the protective coat is wearing off. Unfortunately even collinite doesn't last for six months in our polluted air (I live in delhi as well, and use the same 845)
Old 19th October 2017, 11:05   #18
BHPian

Congratulations on your new acquisition!! Baleno is a wonderful car and I too specifically like its back and I find it like a BMW'ish back. As you already mentioned, its a very stylish vehicle from outside and interior quality could have been little better to complement the looks from outside.

Wish you a happy Diwali and many more miles on Baleno!
Old 19th October 2017, 11:08   #19
BHPian

Congrats on the new car!!

Quote:
"Seems to be ABS Unit I believe
Yup that is the ABS unit.
Old 19th October 2017, 11:15   #20
BHPian

Congratulations sir on your new car. May it be a source of more miles and smiles in your life's journey.

I really loved the audio head unit you've got there. Do let us know about the performance of it and of the car over time. Also, few of my colleagues are considering Baleno as one of their choices, so have shared the link of this thread with them.
Old 19th October 2017, 13:18   #21
BHPian

Congratulations on buying the most vfm all rounder car in the market.Kindly share the backseat comfort characteristics of the Baleno vs City.In terms of ergonomics,ride quality on bad roads,ride quality on highways.
Old 19th October 2017, 14:40   #22
BHPian

Quote:
 The heart simply chose Baleno, so all other logics and excuses go in vain.
Congratulations. Thats a lovely addition to family for Diwali. Heart vs Brain is the most toughest war and you have the right party won this time. Enjoyed reading your entire experience and though process.
Old 20th October 2017, 09:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations! How is interior space compared to City?
Also are tyres 175/70 R15? i assume delta comes with 185 section tyres.

Wheelcaps look like alloys, if you do get time you may get your rims painted black so that wheelcaps really look great.
Old 20th October 2017, 16:17   #24
BHPian

Congrats bluevolt !!. Superb review and that's one handsome looking car - especially in this colour.

I too like the grille of the sigma version. It has a simple understated class instead of the all the chrome bling that the mass market seems to like.

I'm also evaluating the Baleno Sigma as one of the possible options for my Dad. The lack of tacho is the only thing that's bothering me.
Old 20th October 2017, 18:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Great thread.
Congrats on your new car. I'm sure the Baleno is a great upgrade from the WagonR considering you're skipping a segment.

The only drawback is the build quality. Hyundai and VW win there. Polo>i20>>>Jazz>Baleno.

Owners I know are happy with the highway performance too. You could try short trips on your new car. It won't match up to your City though. I always prefer a large hatchback over a compact sedan. Reason: The hatchbacks are developed with the first world market as a target and are more premium compared to their compact sedan counterparts.
Thanks landcruiser. I did a short trip to Gurgaon and the car behaved well on Delhi-Gurgaon expressway. With post diwali holidays, there was hardly any traffic and I could enjoy my drive on the expressway. I am also happy with the front suspension response over bad gurgaon city roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Ranger View Post
Thanks for clarifying that. Given that you are in Delhi, I would suggest that you check the paint surface now and then using the plastic bag test. Basically you put your hand in any plastic cover and gently feel the car's surfaces after you wash/dust it. If it begins to feels rough it means that the protective coat is wearing off. Unfortunately even collinite doesn't last for six months in our polluted air (I live in delhi as well, and use the same 845)
Thanks Lone Ranger, will use this technique and decrease my interval of applying collinite as when required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh.8984 View Post
Congratulations on your new acquisition!! Baleno is a wonderful car and I too specifically like its back and I find it like a BMW'ish back. As you already mentioned, its a very stylish vehicle from outside and interior quality could have been little better to complement the looks from outside.

Wish you a happy Diwali and many more miles on Baleno!
Thanks a lot Yogesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
Congrats on the new car!!

Yup that is the ABS unit.
Thanks Rajath

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead148 View Post
Congratulations sir on your new car. May it be a source of more miles and smiles in your life's journey.

I really loved the audio head unit you've got there. Do let us know about the performance of it and of the car over time. Also, few of my colleagues are considering Baleno as one of their choices, so have shared the link of this thread with them.
Thanks sleepyhead. I am too happy with the Sony bluetooth audio unit. It offers decent sound quality with practical features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
Congratulations on buying the most vfm all rounder car in the market.Kindly share the backseat comfort characteristics of the Baleno vs City.In terms of ergonomics,ride quality on bad roads,ride quality on highways.
Thanks drsingh. We did a short 100 kms trip in our car and I asked my mom to comment on the back seat comfort as compared to the City. She told me the space and comfort is equal to the City if not better. So overall, I can say that the backseats are very comfortable with ample of space around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsho View Post
Congratulations. Thats a lovely addition to family for Diwali. Heart vs Brain is the most toughest war and you have the right party won this time. Enjoyed reading your entire experience and though process.
Thanks gunsho

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Congratulations! How is interior space compared to City?
Also are tyres 175/70 R15? i assume delta comes with 185 section tyres.

Wheelcaps look like alloys, if you do get time you may get your rims painted black so that wheelcaps really look great.
Thanks silverado. I will surely consider getting the rims painted in black. As for the space, the space is as good as in my City. When I am inside Baleno, I don't miss my City in terms of space and comfort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar@v1nd View Post
Congrats bluevolt !!. Superb review and that's one handsome looking car - especially in this colour.

I too like the grille of the sigma version. It has a simple understated class instead of the all the chrome bling that the mass market seems to like.

I'm also evaluating the Baleno Sigma as one of the possible options for my Dad. The lack of tacho is the only thing that's bothering me.
Thanks Arvind. The lack of tacho was also a concern for me but believe me I don't miss it at all. Even in my City, I hardly have a glance on the tacho. The gear shifting happens without the need of tacho in my case. It's not something that one can not live without.

Sharing couple of pics of the Baleno post Diwali celebrations.

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report  A car adding festivities to life!-dsc_0996.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report  A car adding festivities to life!-dsc_1004.jpg

Last edited by bluevolt : 20th October 2017 at 18:41.
bluevolt is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 22:06   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations, bluevolt!

That color looks lovely on the Baleno.

With Maruti Suzuki offering two front airbags and ABS standard on Nexa cars, the differentiation between variants can make decisions easier. Pretty similar to how things were with the City when both of us got ours.

A strong recommendation: get Extended Warranty as soon as possible. While you obviously can get until quite some time, price tends to go up.

Have a wonderful ownership experience!

PS: when is the hunt to find a replacement for the City going to start?
Old 21st October 2017, 09:18   #27
BHPian

Congratulations, bluevolt, on your new drive. Very good write up with excellent photographs. Happy Motoring.
Old 21st October 2017, 11:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Congratulations, bluevolt!

That color looks lovely on the Baleno.

With Maruti Suzuki offering two front airbags and ABS standard on Nexa cars, the differentiation between variants can make decisions easier. Pretty similar to how things were with the City when both of us got ours.

A strong recommendation: get Extended Warranty as soon as possible. While you obviously can get until quite some time, price tends to go up.

Have a wonderful ownership experience!

PS: when is the hunt to find a replacement for the City going to start?
Thanks a lot libranof1987. Yes, that's a good thing for manufacturers to provide Safety features like ABS/Airbags standard across variant. Honda, I believe initiated this first with the 3rd gen City. At that time too, I was confused between S&V variant, but with Airbags/ABS standard across variants, it was easy to pick S over V minus some features.

I am planning to get the extended warranty soon. Honda had this good thing that they provided 4 year warranty for free and that was a boon.

Regarding City, I don't have anything in my mind right now at least for next 2-3 years I believe. Yet to see anything exciting in the market in this segment.

I hope, You too still holding on to your City for few more years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
Congratulations, bluevolt, on your new drive. Very good write up with excellent photographs. Happy Motoring.
Thanks a lot sparky@home
Old 22nd October 2017, 10:56   #29
BHPian

The complete absence of chrome is very refreshing. I like the front look of this variant compared to the higher variants.

Congratulations on the new acquisition. The color is very nice indeed.

Do you plan to upgrade to 16” types? 15” wheels feel a bit small for the car.

I am thinking about the Delta CVT. The only question is about the 15” wheels.
Satishtv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 20:35   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
The complete absence of chrome is very refreshing. I like the front look of this variant compared to the higher variants.

Congratulations on the new acquisition. The color is very nice indeed.

Do you plan to upgrade to 16 types? 15 wheels feel a bit small for the car.

I am thinking about the Delta CVT. The only question is about the 15 wheels.
Thanks a lot Satish.

Currently I am not planning any wheels/tyres upgrade as my primary use for Baleno will be in city.

Don't think so having 15" wheels will be of any issue as such.

Suggest you to please have thorough test drive before finalizing.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed