Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2017, 22:21   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!

So today her 1st month birthday! It's been one month since Baleno is home. 1,000 Kms mark also completed today.

Tomorrow, I am going for first free service. I believe it will be just general checkup with no engine oil change. I will ask them to adjust the brake pedal play, to me the play is bit more than it should be and I have noticed this while depressing the brake pedal.

My initial comments after 1,000 kms with Baleno -
  • Petrol Engine is a gem. Offers really good driveability.
  • Car feels planted on expressways at high speeds. Good handling
  • Steering response is quite good.
  • MRF ZVTS are not very quiet. Else overall outside noise insulation is good.
  • Suspension behaviour over bad roads is also good. Good absorbtion of potholes thuds.
  • Current mileage 16KMPL as on MID - Good figures in running in state.

Will give collinite 845 coating to my car after servicing tomorrow and be back with update.

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20171027_192559.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20171027_192816.jpg

Last edited by bluevolt : 27th October 2017 at 22:24.
bluevolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 16:51   #32
Senior - BHPian

Could not update the thread after 1st service. I gave my Baleno for first service to DD Motors, Peeragarhi on 28th October. The service advisor was pushing in offering lots of rust protection packages and some maintenance packages to which I politely refused. The bill should have been zero but I was still charged 50 rupees for the washer fluid. I asked them why the fluid was replaced when the car is hardly a month old and I never used the washer at the first place. A lame excuse was given to me that Maruti fills water in washer reservoir from factory and it is not a proper glass cleaning liquid.

Anyways, it's been over one month since first service. Current Odo reading is 1700 Kms with 17 KMPL MID mileage display. No complaints as such till this point of time. Yet to do a long trip in Baleno.

I am planning to get new floor mats for my Baleno. The stock carpets are fabric type that are prone to getting soiled very easily. Any recommendations on specific types/brands? Also are carpets/floor mats for cars available online in reasonable prices or car accessories shops in neighborhood should be trusted?

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20171028_095536.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20171028_095626.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20171028_103732_010_01.jpg
bluevolt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 22:25   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I am planning to get new floor mats for my Baleno. The stock carpets are fabric type that are prone to getting soiled very easily. Any recommendations on specific types/brands? Also are carpets/floor mats for cars available online in reasonable prices or car accessories shops in neighborhood should be trusted?
There is a new type of 7D mats in market right now, may be you'll like them. Some BHPians have tried them:

Type 1:

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-img_20171119_122505.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-img_20171119_122850.jpg

Source: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4308286 (Maruti Baleno : Official Review)

Type 2:

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20171016_082455.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20171031_072338.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20171031_072403.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20171031_072444.jpg

Source: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4296794

The type 2 one on the Compass surely looks unique,and is available for Baleno too.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 10th December 2017 at 22:27.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 22:46   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
There is a new type of 7D mats in market right now, may be you'll like them. Some BHPians have tried them:
Type 1:
Attachment 1704588
Attachment 1704590
Source: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4308286 (Maruti Baleno : Official Review)
Yes, these are from frontline. The above one is available for Rs. 2400 on Amazon. I like this design from the same company. -

https://www.amazon.in/FRONTLINE-Fini...ords=frontline

This one retails for Rs. 2600. Will probably order this one by tomorrow.
Old 10th December 2017, 22:53   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, these are from frontline. The above one is available for Rs. 2400 on Amazon. I like this design from the same company. -
I personally liked the Type 2 ones.

https://www.autofurnish.com/7d/

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 22:56   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
I personally liked the Type 2 ones.

https://www.autofurnish.com/7d/

Regards,
Shashi
They look awesome but I was surprised to see the price. Almost 10k for a set. Not sure if car mats should be allocated that much budget
bluevolt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 22:17   #37
Senior - BHPian

Got the new floor mats delivered from Amazon today. I bought this particular brand/model (Frontline Anti Skid Car Foot Mats For Maruti Baleno) - https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Total cost - Rs. 2700. The packaging by amazon was good. The carton can be used to pack a 42" LED TV!

The mats are of good quality, premium in touch and feel. Installed the mats myself and there is no problem in using clutch, break or accelerator with these mats installed over existing Nexa mats.

Some pics -

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20171211_211745.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20171211_212436.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20171211_212515.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20171211_212521.jpg
bluevolt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th June 2018, 21:13   #38
Senior - BHPian

Been busy off late, could not get time to write few updates about my car. So finally back on the thread with some updates.

-> Current ODO reading is 7500KMs.

-> 2nd free service was done on 17th March with ODO reading 5092 Kms.

-> My car's antenna was broken by the cleaning guy, so got it replaced during service for Rs. 150.

-> Total bill for 2nd service was Rs. 226 (Including antenna, washer fluid, a misc item that I am not aware of)

-> Ordered OEM chrome front grill from boodmo website for Rs. 1254. Got the grill replaced from neighborhood garage guy for Rs. 100. This requires removal of the bumper. Planning to sell off the removed grill on Olx.

-> Got new seat covers for my Baleno from Nexa. Cost Rs. 6395. Faux leather stuff looks good.

-> Got rear back door chrome garnish spoiler for my Baleno installed from Nexa showroom. The installer drilled couple of holes in the backdoor for the fitment. Installation was professional level. Part cost - Rs. 2195.

-> Also added chrome door handles. This was available in Nexa for Rs. 1490.

Really happy with the upgrades, enhanced the look of the car matching to Zeta variant. Not planning for any more upgrades as of now. Maybe a subwoofer/amplifier once the warranty is over, which is a long time to go from now

Overall I am satisfied with my Baleno. The brakes could have been better though. The average is nearly 18KMPL.

Stay tuned for next updates. Any queries are most welcome. Pics are for your viewing pleasure. Pardon for the dirty car. Took the pics after a heavy rain last night. Car cleaner remains on leave on Sunday.

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-baleno1-1.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-baleno1-3.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-baleno1-4.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-baleno1-5.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-baleno1-6.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-baleno1-7.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-c.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-aa-2.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-aa.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-aaa.jpg

Last edited by bluevolt : 10th June 2018 at 21:19.
bluevolt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 23:00   #39
BHPian

Quote:

Really happy with the upgrades, enhanced the look of the car matching to Zeta variant.
Nice! But I actually like the look of the grille on Sigma rather than the other variants.

Also, IMO some nice looking alloys will ensure it'll look even better than zeta.
Added_flavor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2018, 19:04   #40
Senior - BHPian

Got these Nexa accessories side mouldings for my car today.

Looks good on the granite grey colour. Cost - Rs. 1790.

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20180617_111820.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20180617_111848.jpg
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 20:30   #41
Senior - BHPian

Tankful to empty (Hitting reserve) mileage test for my Baleno (Petrol).

30 liters - 620 Kms in 7 days.

Delhi - Noida - Delhi Commute.

Impressive mileage of 20.5 KMPL!
Old 27th September 2018, 00:09   #42
Senior - BHPian

3rd Service Ordeal Over, 1st Birthday Celebrations Started

So my Baleno will be celebrating her 1st birthday tomorrow i.e. 27th September. Quite amazed to see how time flies and it is tough to realise that it will be 1 long year since I took the delivery of my car!

Though I was mostly having a good time with my car, there were few minor issues (I though them to be) that caught my attention from June month onwards. I took a note of them and waited for the 3rd service so I can report all of them to the service centre and get them fixed.

The first issue was related to a sound (A sound similar to like if something is loose and rusty - like chirping sound). This used to happen mostly on rough roads at speeds of 30-40 kmph. I did not notice this on smooth roads and higher speeds. The second issue was related to the horn; one of the horn did not work once in a while. The third issue was related to the squeaking sound coming when pressing the brake pedal from the rear.

I gave my car for its 3rd free service at Motorcraft, Sector-62, Noida on 7th September with 9903 kms on the ODO and reported all these issues to the service advisor. I did not have the idea of Motorcraft having a separate Nexa service centre in Sector-57, Noida at that point in time.

Total expenses came out to be Rs. 1378 which included engine oil change, oil filter, battery water top up & screen wash as consumables. Labour was free as part of 3rd service. I got the car back in the evening stating that all of the issues I reported have been resolved. I made the payment and drove the car back to home realising on way itself that all the 3 issues I complained about still exists and they have not done anything about them.

Due to the hectic work schedule that week, I used the car for 3-4 days in the same condition and as I got free, I called up the service advisor and told about the issues being unresolved even after specifically highlighting about them while giving the car for service. On 14th September morning, my car was again picked up by them and I was assured the problem will be fixed. I got my car delivered back to my office around 4 pm and as I test drove the car within 50 meters of my driving, I realised all the issues still exist and they haven't done anything again. When I asked them what work they have done or what steps they have taken to fix the issues, they were clueless without any concrete answer. I called them, gave them an earful and disconnected. I registered a complaint on Nexa helpline number and they gave me my complaint number with an assurance to get the issue sorted. I got a call from various senior people from Motorcraft Sector 62 to visit once again so they surely rectify the issue this time but I promptly refused any visit to them. If they can't fix in 2 days, chances were they could not do on 3rd day as well.

I got a call from QM of Nexa service centre also owned by Motorcraft which was recently opened a couple of months back and I was not aware of it. It was not listed on Maruti service centre locator list as well. He asked me to bring the car there and being Nexa dedicated service centre he assured that the problem will be fixed. The overall attitude and courtesy of the Nexa service centre were satisfactory. I handed over my car to them on 17th September but it took 3 long days for them to diagnose the sound issue. Related thread that I started - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/201950-nexa-motorcraft-unable-diagnose-noise-issue-baleno.html

The issue was diagnosed as faulty RHS engine mount and along with that new dual horns, rear brake shoes & drum, front strut, stabiliser bar mount, rhs engine mount, strut assy rhs/lhs were ordered. I got a call from them in 2 days that the parts have arrived and I can send back the car. On 24th September, I again gave them my car and all the above parts were replaced with new ones under warranty. The total cost for these parts comes out to be somewhere around Rs. 5500 excluding labour. Now the issues have been resolved and there is no sound coming inside the cabin while driving on rough roads. Horn is also working fine with new sets being installed. the squeaking sound while pressing the brake pedal has not completely gone, though it has reduced by around 90%. They report it as normal in all Balenos and asked me to observe the issue for about a week and if the squeaking again arises like before they will escalate the issue to Maruti technical team.
Though all of my issues were now somewhat addressed (except a minor squeaking sound from the rear while pressing the brake pedal hard). According to them, they have replaced all components of the rear brake system. Since I was ok with the current state, I took my car back. At the point of writing this post, no issue has recurred.

Considering all this, I chose to get an extended warranty for my Baleno. I opted for Royal platinum 5 years/1,00,000 kms warranty which is valid till September 2022. Total cost for this came out to be Rs. 10,537 inclusive of all taxes. Since my car was still under 365 days from the date of sale, the price came out as per my expectation. Beyond 365 days from the sale of the car, the prices increase by at least 3k for the 2nd year before the standard warranty expired. Though I was a bit reluctant in getting the extended warranty due to additional expenditure; but I went for it for peace of mind.
I also got the insurance renewal done from Maruti insurance website for Rs. 13515. Insurance includes 0 dep, engine protect and return to invoice add-ons.

Experience of dedicated Nexa service centre was good. They have a completely new setup as compared to older Maruti service centres and the customer lounge waiting experience has been improved. I lost my Nexa card, so asked the Nexa dealer from where I bought the car to re-issue me the Nexa card. It will be re-issued and delivered to me in 15-20 days. They will deduct 50 points from the card as a re-issue penalty!

Mileage is the best part of the car. Consistently giving me 20.5~21.5 kmpl average for last 3 months. In a full tank, I easily drive for around 620-640 kms before the reserve indicator starts flashing. This all is city driving from Delhi to Noida and back. Current Odo reading is nearly 11,000 kms.

So, it was a long 3rd service ordeal for me, to get all the issues fixed properly but in the end, it was worth it. I gave my car a waxing session after 3rd service using Collinite 845 wax. As I write down, the clock has crossed the 12 am mark and here I am celebrating the 1st birthday of my Baleno.

So let the celebration begins with few photos in place.

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20180831_185437.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20180831_185619.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20180831_185738.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20180831_185831.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20180910_171402.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20180910_171614.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20180918_172416.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20180918_172430.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20180919_170935.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20180919_170939.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20180919_171014.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20180919_172358.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20180919_172416.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20180919_173455.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20180919_173505.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20180919_173513.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20180919_173555.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20180919_174137.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20180919_174554.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20180919_181109.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20180919_181131.jpg
bluevolt is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 16:18   #43
Senior - BHPian

Nice review. You have tastefully installed accessories and add-ons to make it much better than a stock Baleno Sigma.

A couple of suggestion from my side:

1. Get those steel wheels painted black. It will look much nicer.

2. Change few interiors parts (check attached pic) on the dashboard and it will transform the looks and feel of the car IMO. (One part of Rs.82 (RH) is missing in the pic, I could not find part number). I would have spent Rs.1500 and got them on day one if I had Baleno Sigma.

3. Gear knob (Rs.319) of the higher variants.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-sigma.png  

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-gear-knob.png  

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 6th May 2019 at 16:23.
mukeshgoel is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 23:07   #44
Senior - BHPian

My Baleno touched 20,000 Kms mark and she is all set for her 2nd birthday in September. There is nothing to report much, using the car mainly for office commutes without any major issue as such. It is consistently giving me a mileage of over 22-24KMPL.

With 20k Kms mark, it was time for the service, a first paid service for the car, Got it serviced from Nexa service centre in Noida Sector - 57, overall experience from that service centre is above average.

Below are the details of the service -

Parts/Consumables

-> Oil Filter - Rs. 70
-> Brake fluid - Rs. 293
-> Gasket - Rs. 5
-> Oil drain plug - Rs. 53
-> Air filter - Rs. 240
-> Wheel weights - Rs. 245
-> Distilled water - Rs. 58
-> Coolant - Rs. 334
-> Screen wash - Rs. 28
-> Engine oil - Rs. 1087

Service Charges

-> 20k Kms service cost - Rs. 2260
-> Wheel alignment/balancing/rotation - Rs. 1125
-> Brake caliper cleaning - Rs. 400

Total cost post minor discount - Rs. 6986

I redeemed my Nexa card points worth Rs. 1500 and the final amount paid turned out to be Rs, 5429.

A couple of shots post servicing -

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20190808_165459.jpg

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-20190808_1655200.jpg
bluevolt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 16:07   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
(One part of Rs.82 (RH) is missing in the pic, I could not find part number).
I got this missing part. It comes in a single piece attached to the instrument cluster shroud (if I can call it that)..

I have ordered all the parts listed by you with this RHS part hoping it lifts the look of the otherwise pitch dark interiors.

Maruti Baleno Sigma Ownership Report – A car adding festivities to life!-capture_20190812150829.png
five46 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed