Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2017, 12:53   #16
BHPian

Re: 2017 Skoda Rapid TDI DSG - Carbon Steel (a real steal)

Congratulations on the great car! Love the color on it.
Out of curiosity, what is this cable?

2017 Skoda Rapid TDI DSG - Carbon Steel (a real steal)-style.jpeg

It is noticeable on most of the pictures. Is it supposed to be so low slung?
ROG_AK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 12:59   #17
BHPian

A Very well written thread with balanced and accurate words 👍🏻

Now congratulations for the new car. The Rapid has always impressed with it's minimalistic & No nonsense design and the car looks stunning in this very colour. Happy Driving.
Fulcrum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 13:25   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
I believe it is the parking brake cable. It's routed this way on all Ventos and Rapids.
I noticed it on my car as well and initially thought its hanging loose due to some manufacturing defect. But found it to be secured well in place and noticed it's this way on all cars.
A sore sight though.
Auto freak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 14:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildy View Post
Nicely written Pradeep. Hearty congrats and keep it updated, which can be helpful for the folks in the years to come. A owner point of view is always valuable rather than media reviews. Cheers.
Thank you Wildy. Waiting for your Abarth UC review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruchitya View Post
Congrats man Does Tafe have a good reputation with regard to service and after-sales? Few of the recent horror stories were from Vinayak Skoda IIRC. Do get the 'thud' from rear suspension sorted.
Generally Skoda's reputation for servicing their cars is not the best.
I will post the reports as and when I encounter them and experience TAFE's service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
Fantastic review Pradeep! The Rapid is indeed very good value for money given the solid build quality and proven mechanicals.
Thanks!! Your Rapid looks stunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayeed View Post
Hi Pradeep, first and foremost, heartiest congratulations on the new car , admire you for selecting the Rapid inspite of the various horror stories related to Skoda and it's infamous service centers, and hope that you have a niggle free car and much better service experience.
Thanks Sayeed , I will look the upgrade the suspensions soon. The first 5400 kms have been trouble free in the first 2 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
Congratulations on the great car! Love the color on it.
Thanks!! ROG_AK.

I have read that its the hand brake cable. No issues with it so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
A Very well written thread with balanced and accurate words
Now congratulations for the new car.
Thanks !! there was a debate with our home minister and finally I had to give in to the demand. Feels good to hear such compliments for choosing this colour.

Last edited by ampere : 5th November 2017 at 00:17. Reason: B2B posts. Use multi-quote
laddz1121 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 17:46   #20
BHPian

A nice balanced write up with lots of relevant info on important bits on how the car performs. Well done P, and hope you end up loving your new baby as much as loved your Punto.
keroo1099 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 18:08   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
A nice balanced write up with lots of relevant info on important bits on how the car performs. Well done P, and hope you end up loving your new baby as much as loved your Punto.

Thanks for encouraging me to write this review Keroo1099 , Highly indebted to your gesture for allowing me to test drive you remapped jet. I hope Skoda serves me well like the Fiat did.
laddz1121 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 20:03   #22
BHPian

Congrats on your car! Facelifted version is a looker.
I have the 2015 TDI DSG Black edition and I love the car every time I drive it.
I have owned 2015 Honda city CVT, Scorpio AT, Celerio AT and now Rapid DSG.
Nothing compares to the driving pleasure of the DSG.

Wishing you many miles of fun!
anandkumargb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 20:37   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkumargb View Post
Congrats on your car!
Many thanks, I would love to hear more about the Honda City CVT in city driving conditions. As my choice was bent towards a diesel , I dint consider City seriously.

Last edited by ampere : 5th November 2017 at 00:17.
Old 4th November 2017, 21:04   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laddz1121 View Post
Thanks !! there was a debate with our home minister and finally I had to give in to the demand. Feels good to hear such compliments for choosing this colour.
Don't have any reservations. Greys are a very under rated color in India. I've always loved the pepper gray and slate gray from VAG, the premium silver, slate grey from Maruti, the greys of Honda and Hyundai especially if well detailed. So much so that I chose that color for my Baleno RS as well. I felt that one of the reasons that greys get a bad name is that people with whites and blacks tend to take care to keep the car clean than those who own greys (My personal opinion ). Top choice of color and great review. Keeping aside service the Rapid is an extremely VFM sedan.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 21:11   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Don't have any reservations. Greys are a very under rated color in India. I've always loved the pepper gray and slate gray from VAG, the premium silver, slate grey from Maruti, the greys of Honda and Hyundai especially if well detailed. So much so that I chose that color for my Baleno RS as well. I felt that one of the reasons that greys get a bad name is that people with whites and blacks tend to take care to keep the car clean than those who own greys (My personal opinion ). Top choice of color and great review. Keeping aside service the Rapid is an extremely VFM sedan.

Drive on,
Shibu.

I will post the pictures once I am done with the detailing. Baleno in the grey color looks stunning but I have my thing going for the Blue color in the Baleno. Also I wasn’t aware that we can get the Baleno in this color. Thanks for the info
Old 4th November 2017, 21:32   #26
BHPian

Congrats on the new acquisition, i like the factory tinted glass and the 4 year service/warranty package.
anandharamanp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 22:16   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandharamanp View Post
Congrats on the new acquisition, i like the factory tinted glass and the 4 year service/warranty package.

Thank you! The 4 year service package is available for 9999 /- as a promotional offers for all the new vehicles post August and is ongoing even today. I know this as I was in the Tafe Showroom today to get my spoiler fixed and got a chance to speak with my Sales Executive.
Old 4th November 2017, 22:22   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
4-2-ka-1 ? Nice review & pics. Interesting location that with the tank. Where's it ?

Congratulations and wishing you a long happy ownership.
Many people wished that 420 would have been a great number to have, I am glad it ended up with 421.

The tank is located in my home town in Belgaum, Karnataka and is 2 kms from my home.

Isolated War Tank
Mandoli Hangarga Rd, Karnataka 590008

https://maps.google.com/?cid=1443172...19&hl=en&gl=in
Old 4th November 2017, 23:12   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laddz1121 View Post
Many thanks, I would love to hear more about the Honda City CVT in city driving conditions. As my choice was bent towards a diesel , I dint consider City seriously.

City VX CVT is probably the best city car with an AT. I mean, it had butter smooth gear shifts, smoother then DSG. Leather seats, very spacious rear seats, paddle shifters, Sunroof, funky cool dashboard. City FE was around 8-9 kmpl.

It felt lethargic on the highways; especially for people who are used to torquey diesel engines like Rapid and Swifts. Paddle shifters are a joke on a CVT. it just gives you a sporty feel. Gear shifts do not translate to sudden burst of power like in manual mode on DSG. Engine just revvs hard, does not translate to speed.

City ticks all boxes and is the most reliable out there but it just did not strike the right chord for me.

In comparison, Even though my Rapid does not have the best dash, no sunroof, no paddle shifts, no leather seats...still gets my heart beating fast. Acceleration feels real, close to manual gear changes. City FE is around 12 kmpl.

I love my Rapid DSG.
anandkumargb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 01:03   #30
BHPian

Nice writeup, but I am more interested in the tank

It appears to be a M4 Sherman Tank from World War 2. It was once used by the Indian Army along with many other countries but how did it get there?

Name:  Tank.png
Views: 5786
Size:  210.8 KB

2017 Skoda Rapid TDI DSG - Carbon Steel (a real steal)-1280pxtankshermanm4.jpg
Foxbat is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks