Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2017, 12:50   #46
BHPian

Re: 2017 Skoda Rapid TDI DSG - Carbon Steel (a real steal)

Yesterday, I was in a mood to check the fuel efficiency and was driving to my in-laws place to Haveri from Belgaum. For people who are not aware of this route , it consists of 4 toll booths between Belgaum to Haveri. The Dharwad - Hubli by-pass is a single road with high traffic density and further 20 kms until Tadas cross where slow moving traffic is a daily sight after business hours close to dusk.

So to answer the question , Kitna deti hai ?

Distance
2017 Skoda Rapid TDI DSG - Carbon Steel (a real steal)-whatsapp-image-20171114-12.30.59-pm-1.jpeg

Average Speed - 4 tolls and single road kill this figure
2017 Skoda Rapid TDI DSG - Carbon Steel (a real steal)-whatsapp-image-20171114-12.30.59-pm-2.jpeg

Time Taken - Not slow at all
2017 Skoda Rapid TDI DSG - Carbon Steel (a real steal)-whatsapp-image-20171114-12.30.59-pm-3.jpeg

Fuel Efficiency - 24 KMPL
2017 Skoda Rapid TDI DSG - Carbon Steel (a real steal)-whatsapp-image-20171114-12.30.59-pm.jpeg
laddz1121 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 00:41   #47
BHPian

Isn't the rear suspension different from Vento. I have heard that the Rapid's suspension is much better than the Vento. Isnt it true?
Old 17th August 2018, 09:43   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laddz1121 View Post
Yesterday, I was in a mood to check the fuel efficiency and was driving to my in-laws place to Haveri from Belgaum. For people who are not aware of this route , it consists of 4 toll booths between Belgaum to Haveri. The Dharwad - Hubli by-pass is a single road with high traffic density and further 20 kms until Tadas cross where slow moving traffic is a daily sight after business hours close to dusk.

So to answer the question , Kitna deti hai ?

Distance
Attachment 1696052

Average Speed - 4 tolls and single road kill this figure
Attachment 1696053

Time Taken - Not slow at all
Attachment 1696054

Attachment 1696055
Nice one. People should be made aware that the Germans give a better package. My MPI gives me 18 kmpl if driven smartly with cruise control with some yoga on the pedal.
The diesel engine is fun as well as efficient to drive. Wishing you many more (s)miles with your Rapid.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2018, 09:06   #49
BHPian

Quote:

[b][u]So to answer the question , Kitna deti hai ?

Oh! That is great! Way more than the ARAI rating! So, a sedate and sane drive must be bringing the FE around 20 on highways in most conditions, I suppose. I have been looking for feedback on Rapid TDI's fuel efficiency from owners.

I have a query too, since I am currently doing surveys and test drives of diesel motors in C2 segment. You wrote that lumber support in Rapid's driver seat is not that great. That was in your initial review of the vehicle. Now that you have driven it for quite sometime, how do you rate it? Or how did you get adjusted with it? Does some extra seater help?

I test drove the Verna twice in the last two weeks, and my concerns remain around the steering feel and the driver seat support. Somehow, I haven't yet got that confidence. I have done the TD of Honda City Diesel too but did not like it mainly because its diesel motor is not at all to my taste. I am yet to test drive the Rapid TDI (manual) but the dealer in my city has closed down its sales operations last week :(

For your reference, I have been driving the Ford Fiesta for the last seven years. Hence concerns about steering etc.
Old 20th August 2018, 17:15   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Factory Tinted Windows
Was really unaware that the Rapid comes out with a factory fitted tints.
Thanks for letting know.

Are these tints capable of cutting out UVs and able to maintain temp inside the car?
Old 21st August 2018, 10:52   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
Was really unaware that the Rapid comes out with a factory fitted tints.
Thanks for letting know.

Are these tints capable of cutting out UVs and able to maintain temp inside the car?
Not to the extent of maintaining temperature inside the car , but good enough to cut UV's I would say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post

I have a query too, since I am currently doing surveys and test drives of diesel motors in C2 segment. You wrote that lumber support in Rapid's driver seat is not that great. That was in your initial review of the vehicle. Now that you have driven it for quite sometime, how do you rate it? Or how did you get adjusted with it? Does some extra seater help?

I am 6ft and have driven it for 28600 kms and I keep driving my friends cars whenever I get a chance, I still face issues with the lumbar support.
Probably lets put it this way , Its not suited for people who are heavily built and are taller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
Isn't the rear suspension different from Vento. I have heard that the Rapid's suspension is much better than the Vento. Isnt it true?
I think both use Gabriel suspensions, not sure how they behave differently.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd September 2018 at 17:43. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts. Thanks.
Old 1st September 2018, 17:37   #52
BHPian

Quote:
I think both use Gabriel suspensions, not sure how they behave differently.

I have test driven both the vento and rapid for 15-20 kms on good/bad roads. The rapid suspension is stiff and vento is soft at slow speeds. I think the spring used on both the models could be different, possibly the reason behind difference in ride quality.
At high speeds rapid rode well & didn't feel like a boat, I picked rapid over the vento for this very reason.
My rapid will be delivered next week.

Last edited by Mr_Bean : 1st September 2018 at 17:38.
Mr_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks