Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2017, 01:02   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Urban Blue Maruti Baleno RS

Hey Rog: looks like Pete’s is the first tuner for the RS looking at their FB page.

Power seems to have grown a lot from 102 to ~125hp and the torque figures are pretty impressive standing in the league of its DDIS cousins ~200! Should now be a hoot to drive.

You’ve any plans of meddling with your performance figures? How’s the car doing now? But I believe Petrol engines are pretty sensitive unlike diesels for air:fuel mixture which has to be accurate. What’s your take on this? Thought I’ll wake up this thread and then I hit the sack
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 01:22   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Hey Rog: looks like Pete’s is the first tuner for the RS
Yes, Pete's has remapped Baleno RS. But, they were not the first to do it in India. GT Tunerz Delhi / Quantum UK have done the remap in August itself. They have even posted the pics of ECU . Check this post on their page.
https://www.facebook.com/story.php?s...78114322258356
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 01:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Yes, Pete's has remapped Baleno RS. But, they were not the first to do it in India. GT Tunerz Delhi / Quantum UK have done the remap in August itself. They have even posted the pics of ECU . Check this post on their page.
https://www.facebook.com/story.php?s...78114322258356
I totally forgot the man behind remaps would have had all the updates thanks bud! It’s nice to see cars with power getting more powerful by these tuners.
Old 18th December 2017, 01:38   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
I totally forgot the man behind remaps would have had all the updates

I follow almost all the tuners in India and even personally know most of them .

Quote:
It’s nice to see cars with power getting more powerful by these tuners.
Turbo + ECU(if supported by their tools) = Any Tuner would be happy.
Old 18th December 2017, 11:25   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Baleno RS is pretty sensitive with regards to fuel quality - Maruti itself prescribes injector cleaners as a part of service, which is something it does not do for any other car. In that light, will a remap with altered air fuel ratio be able to deliver consistent performance over the entire service interval? Won't the injectors be under extra stress and tend to clog up quicker?
Old 18th December 2017, 12:09   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Baleno RS is pretty sensitive with regards to fuel quality - Maruti itself prescribes injector cleaners as a part of service, which is something it does not do for any other car. In that light, will a remap with altered air fuel ratio be able to deliver consistent performance over the entire service interval? Won't the injectors be under extra stress and tend to clog up quicker?
Yes, Maruti has only detuned the map considering Indian fuel quality. OEM would have their own standards and they have to meet many things and provide a reliable tune. Remap on any car would stress the components more than OE tune. But it's not like something would happen to the car immediately.. Most of the owners have no issues with remap because they would have sold the car or not driven so much for the issues to pop up .
Old 19th December 2017, 06:57   #37
BHPian

Considering the international tune of this engine is 110Bhp and 175NM which I perceive to be the normal tune, the Pete's tune is 15Bhp & 25NM more than this. The engine should be able to handle this somewhat marginal increase without too much extra stress. The BS VI fuel should also help with is. I will definitely look into a remap after the 10000Km service (which should happen in the next month or so) provided the remap will not be noticed by Maruti and I would still be able to get warranty.
Does anyone know someone with a remapped RS in Bangalore? Would be interesting to see how it performs.
Old 22nd December 2017, 22:48   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
I will definitely look into a remap after the 10000Km service (which should happen in the next month or so) provided the remap will not be noticed by Maruti and I would still be able to get warranty.
There is no guarantee that remap won't be detected. Nobody looks for it, hence not detected. If there are any major warranty claims, there is high change of remap getting detected as service centre would send ECU logging data to Maruti. Do remember that to remap Baleno RS, ECU has to be opened.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2017, 05:09   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
There is no guarantee that remap won't be detected. Nobody looks for it, hence not detected. If there are any major warranty claims, there is high change of remap getting detected as service centre would send ECU logging data to Maruti. Do remember that to remap Baleno RS, ECU has to be opened.
Well considering all this, do you think it is wise to go ahead with a remap? The engine is still relatively new in the market and many factors are still unknown.
Old 23rd December 2017, 09:35   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
Well considering all this, do you think it is wise to go ahead with a remap? The engine is still relatively new in the market and many factors are still unknown.
If you really want more power and ready to take risks on warranty, you can do it . Also remember that it's a low displacement engine and pushing it more would have more risks than remapping a 4 cylinder 1.6.
Old 31st December 2017, 12:38   #41
Senior - BHPian

I did come across a German company CPA tuning offering a piggyback box for the Baleno BoosterJet. http://www.cpa-chiptuning.de/en/chip...uning_4479.htm

Personally I prefer this to a remap (I understand the pros and cons) as it gives me the convenience to remove it before service. I used a RaceChip box on my Swift diesel a few years back.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 12:46   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Personally I prefer this to a remap (I understand the pros and cons) as it gives me the convenience to remove it before service. I used a RaceChip box on my Swift diesel a few years back.
Yes, I too would prefer a tuning box than remap during warranty period. Not to forget ECU has to be opened in Baleno RS for remap.

I should not have jumped into remaps in my S-Cross 1.6. It did cost me lot of time, energy and money. Anyways I am happy now, but looking at all the trouble I have gone through.. Life would have been easier with good tuning box.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2018, 08:17   #43
BHPian

Met up with the Fiesta in Chennai over the past couple of days, drove for about 900km (~700km in the RS, mostly on the highway and ~200km in the Fiesta around Chennai).
Bangalore to Chennai was done via Hoskote, which was a bad idea since there was way too much traffic and progress was slow. Returned to Bangalore via Hosur which was a breeze. Got to use FasTag extensively for the first time, it worked on all the tolls without any issues but it some of the tolls it was taking longer which was quiet annoying.
The RS did a great job and it was a pleasure to drive, wish it had cruise control though, would have made it effortless. Maintained a speed of 100 - 120 km/h, sometimes going over on an open stretch of road.

My Urban Blue Maruti Baleno RS-20180117-10.19.07.jpg

My Urban Blue Maruti Baleno RS-20180117-10.18.58.jpg

My Urban Blue Maruti Baleno RS-20180117-11.06.56.jpg

My Urban Blue Maruti Baleno RS-20180117-11.07.28.jpg

My Urban Blue Maruti Baleno RS-20180117-11.07.14.jpg

My Urban Blue Maruti Baleno RS-20180117-11.08.17.jpg

My Urban Blue Maruti Baleno RS-20180117-11.08.06.jpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180117 11.07.14.jpg
Views:	564
Size:	2.91 MB
ID:	1718077

My Urban Blue Maruti Baleno RS-20180115-12.31.50.jpg

My Urban Blue Maruti Baleno RS-20180115-14.51.00.jpg

My Urban Blue Maruti Baleno RS-20180117-14.30.05.jpg

My Urban Blue Maruti Baleno RS-20180117-14.30.28.jpg

Been watching the oil levels closely, seems like the engine does drink a bit of oil. I had changed the oil during the first service. The 10000 km service is due in another 1000km, will see what happens after that.

My Urban Blue Maruti Baleno RS-20180116-10.40.14.jpg

Average mileage during the trip.

My Urban Blue Maruti Baleno RS-20180117-18.38.32.jpg
ROG_AK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 11:33   #44
BHPian

Hi Rog_AK

How is your car doing? Have you done your 10K service? I had a few questions:

Are you using synthetic or mineral oil? Any inputs regarding the same would be useful. You mentioned you had changed the engine oil at the first service itself. I did not. My plan is to change oil at 5k service with regular mineral oil and shift to synthetic at 10k service. No great reasoning behind it, just some intuitive decision.

There is some confusion whether oil filter is the same as Baleno or different. Some feedback on your 10k service would be good.

I have found only two detailed ownership reviews of the RS. One is yours and the other is on automotiveindia website. Have you taken a look at that?

After the run in period is over and I am better used to the car, I am finding my city drives in Delhi to be much more involving compared to my previous car. I have not really driven on a good fast highway yet. I drove on Yamuna Expressway, but one just keeps doing a constant speed of 100 there, so not much fun.

Jhaji
Old 12th February 2018, 12:19   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaji View Post
There is some confusion whether oil filter is the same as Baleno or different. Some feedback on your 10k service would be good.
Correct. Most of the service centres are using K10 engine oil filter in both K12 and 1.0 booster jet. Baleno RS has SGP oil filter and costs Rs. 750. I read about this in Baleno owners FB group. The owner had posted pic of SGP oil filter.
Attached Thumbnails
My Urban Blue Maruti Baleno RS-fb_img_1518417944485.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks