Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2017, 14:05   #16
BHPian

Re: 2017 Renault Duster Petrol RXL - Initial ownership report @ 1,233 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetaWatt View Post

What is the variant of your Duster? When did you booked, before or after May 2017?
Sorry I missed mentioning this before. I have a Jul 2015 RxZ AWD.

Quote:
Yes, hack should be there. But it will be great if we can toggle between the units (as a functionality without any hack)
We will have to do some research on it. Probably on Dacia forums.

Regards,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 14:29   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone else got a Duster without plastic guard below the spare wheel or/and L/100 km unit on Duster's computer?

Yes, hack should be there. But it will be great if we can toggle between the units (as a functionality without any hack)
Congrats and welcome to the club. Did you try long pressing the three dotted button on the stalk while you are on the L/100Km screen?

Quoting from the review thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Congrats Repsol on your new car! Nice colour you have there.

With regard to your earlier query, I believe it's just like in my Lodgy. So here we go:

Cycle through the settings pressing the button on the right side stalk.

When you're on the km/l l/100 km display setting, long press the same button and it should change to km/l.

I'm pretty sure that should work. Enjoy your drive!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...review-25.html
revved_up is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 15:24   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the car and I have to say, thats a brilliant write-up you have made.

Units for real time FE can be changed in the settings. Even my kizashi used to display in l/100km and I drove it like that for a year oblivious to the fact that I could change it. Just started fiddling around while waiting for a friend one day and I figured out how to change it to kmpl I'm sure it can be done for your car as well.

Don't mean to dishearten you, but you seem like a really honest guy so wanted to share a couple of interesting facts that struck me, your Beat actually scores a very high rating in small overlap frontal collision tests conducted by the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety in North America. The Duster on the other hand struggles to score 3 stars in Euro NCAP safety ratings also Renault has proven itself to be very unethical in terms of their offerings in India re: smaller airbags less impact protection etc. So in terms of sheer impact survivability of the body shell, your old Beat is actually better. Obviously there are more practical ways to look at the matter: Duster being an SUV will give you a better view ahead so you can anticipate what might happen with more certainty, more ground clearance and longer travel suspension and bigger wheels means you are less likely to be in harms way if you veer off the road. Lastly, as per my knowledge the Outer Ring Road in Hyderabad has a posted speed limit of 120kph.

Last edited by GTO : 8th November 2017 at 17:25. Reason: 2nd line of 1st para might be inappropriate. Removing
IshaanIan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 16:59   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Congrats and welcome to the club. Did you try long pressing the three dotted button on the stalk while you are on the L/100Km screen?
Thanks for your wish and welcome. Yeah, I always do that after petrol top up to reset the count.

Quote:
Repsol never confirmed if he was able to change it, I asked him on the same thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Congratulations on the car and I have to say, thats a brilliant write-up you have made.
Thanks for your wish and appreciation.

Quote:

Don't mean to dishearten you, but you seem like a really honest guy so wanted to share a couple of interesting facts that struck me, your Beat actually scores a very high rating in small overlap frontal collision tests conducted by the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety in North America.

Lastly, as per my knowledge the Outer Ring Road in Hyderabad has a posted speed limit of 120kph.
Not at all dishearten, already know these facts. When we can't everything we want, we settle for the best we can get.

Back in 2012, even motorcycles were allowed on the Hyderabad outer ring road, I use to go there both on my R15 and Beat(now replaced with Duster and R3). Last time I went to Hyderabad was in Jan 2017 to find max speed limit was slashed to 100kmph. That was the only road with 120 kmph limit I ever drove on.

Last edited by GTO : 8th November 2017 at 17:26. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 8th November 2017, 20:06   #20
BHPian

It might just be me, I really do not know, but somehow I am not comfortable with the speed digits on the speedometer marked as 10, 30 , 50 , 70 , 90 , 110. I prefer the 20, 40, 60, 80, 100 markings. Would appreciate if others could comment on this please.
ALTIMAed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 21:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
It might just be me, I really do not know, but somehow I am not comfortable with the speed digits on the speedometer marked as 10, 30 , 50 , 70 , 90 , 110. I prefer the 20, 40, 60, 80, 100 markings. Would appreciate if others could comment on this please.
I was uncomfortable too, but problem was there just for initial 300 kms or so. When we do new/different things, we need conscious mind to process that, which might make us uncomfortable. But if same things happen repeatedly, unconscious mind takes over and we feel it happens automatically.
Old 9th November 2017, 10:29   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
I believe the Palio GTX had this back in 2002. It took me a while to get used to it, but like all things in a car, we eventually get used to it.

For instance Volkswagen still has the indicator, wiper, fuel tank door and even the power button on the ICE on the opposite side of most other cars sold in India but people, including me, live with it.

Last edited by Chrome6Boy : 9th November 2017 at 10:37.
Old 9th November 2017, 11:52   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Repsol never confirmed if he was able to change it, I asked him on the same thread.
Checked with another person who has the latest duster. He confirmed he has also not been able to change it to KM/L yet. Did you check with service center?

The reason i say this is because in my 2015 mode, the cluster is same and i am really surprised why on the latest one, we cannot change it to KM/L.
Old 9th November 2017, 15:44   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Lastly, as per my knowledge the Outer Ring Road in Hyderabad has a posted speed limit of 120kph.
Hyd Nehru ORR speed limit has now been reduced to 100 kmph officially.

I did read in local news papers that the traffic police has installed high-range speed radars at various strategic points to tax over speeding vehicles. The revenue figure through these challans was quoted at close to 1.5 million rupees every month!!

Reference - http://www.deccanchronicle.com/natio...-on-right.html

Last edited by RaghuChn : 9th November 2017 at 15:53. Reason: Include link
RaghuChn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 19:14   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Checked with another person who has the latest duster. He confirmed he has also not been able to change it to KM/L yet. Did you check with service center?
No, haven't checked with the service centre yet. Will check when I'll go for the first service at month end.

Quote:
The reason i say this is because in my 2015 mode, the cluster is same and i am really surprised why on the latest one, we cannot change it to KM/L.
Do you mean in your 2015 model Duster, you can switch between KM/L and L/100? I guess Renualt might have done this to keep the same line-up for Export and Domestic market to optimize manufacturing.
Old 9th November 2017, 20:01   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Do you mean in your 2015 model Duster, you can switch between KM/L and L/100? I guess Renualt might have done this to keep the same line-up for Export and Domestic market to optimize manufacturing.
No, the cluster is same and mine always shows KM/L and i never bothered to try changing.
Also, it doesn't make sense that it is done for optimizing production, because the hardware remains same and the same display can show KM/L and L/100Km as far as I know.

OT: There is an issue in my cluster where the trip meters and other ones reset to zero after every 40kms. Renault is changing the cluster for me under warranty and part is in transit right now.
Hopefully it should come next week. I shall also check at service center and let you know.

Last edited by aah78 : 9th November 2017 at 20:38. Reason: Avoid SMS please. Thanks!
Old 9th November 2017, 20:33   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Also, it doesn't make sense that it is done for optimizing production, because the hardware remains same and the same display can show KM/L and L/100Km as far as I know.
Yes Hardware is same, firmware seems to be different. Flashing firmware might be a separate step in the assembly line (Just my guess about assembly line, need not to be true). Only Renault can tell why it want us to do calculation while driving the car

Did anyone else faced the same problem as yours? Let's see if you get the Cluster with the same firmware as the old one or the latest version showing L/100. If you are getting the latest one, please ask if you can get the old version firmware flashed on it.
Old 27th November 2017, 11:50   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Yes Hardware is same, firmware seems to be different. Flashing firmware might be a separate step in the assembly line (Just my guess about assembly line, need not to be true). Only Renault can tell why it want us to do calculation while driving the car
My cluster meter got changed and it is still KM/L. Maybe the newer cluster meters are different? Though they look same.

I suggest you go to service center and ask them to hook up their PC and use the CLIP software and change the cluster meter properties and change L/100Km to KM/L.

I have no way to verify that above will work, but its worth a try.
revved_up is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 21:30   #29
BHPian

I found the scroll control on the Media player remote few days back. It can be used to change the song tracks on USB, tune the Radio and to navigate through Media player menu.

2017 Renault Duster Petrol RXL - Initial ownership report @ 1,233 km-img_20180422_154221537.jpg
PetaWatt is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed