Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2018, 20:42   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Driven: The 2017 Maruti S-Cross Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
It will be Suzuki's 1.5l diesel engine which eventually will replace the current 1.3l DDiS engine. Ertiga is speculated to get this engine first.
One reason why we might stick to 1.3L MJD is that the initial people going for 1.5L diesel might be guinea pigs and as someone who knows about the development of this engine has said that there were serious emission and other issues after few thousand kilometres. For this very reason, the engine is undergoing some changes. The S-Cross with 1.3 might not be a tarmac scorcher but it does get the job done with aplomb. Moreover, if we intend to keep this car for say 5-7 years, we'll have multiple options wrt hybrids and electrics to decide from when going in for a change. Plus we need a replacement for our Ritz now.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 22:04   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
One reason why we might stick to 1.3L MJD is that the initial people going for 1.5L diesel might be guinea pigs.
Exactly my thoughts. Did you get any further updates about the facelift? I am planning to buy a zeta s cross but don’t know whether to wait or just buy it now. If its the engine that is being changed, it would choose the current engine as i prefer reliability over performance. But if there are some features being added like sunroof or something, then i might want to wait. But I cannot find any information.
Old 31st July 2018, 22:36   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
Exactly my thoughts. Did you get any further updates about the facelift? I am planning to buy a zeta s cross but don’t know whether to wait or just buy it now. If its the engine that is being changed, it would choose the current engine as i prefer reliability over performance. But if there are some features being added like sunroof or something, then i might want to wait. But I cannot find any information.
Nope. No updates at all. We're going ahead with the booking in a couple of days as the wait has transformed into need. Let's see if there is some added feature or not. We'll be really not happy if they launch a variant with 6 airbags at a later stage. We're not looking at sunroof or anything else fancy.
Old 4th August 2018, 13:43   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Just read on Ciaz facelift thread that

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
New 2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift Lineup Revealed.
  • Electronic Stability Control (ESC) and Hill Start Assist will be standard across the variants.
  • Zeta will now get LED projector headlamps, LED DRLs, and LED fog lamps with chrome garnish

Someone please check if the same will be offered in S-Cross also. The RM had hinted that there will be some features added to S-Cross in August but no idea about it. Losing out on ESC will not be good. We're ready to wait for it if it comes in S-Cross.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 4th August 2018 at 13:46.
Old 4th August 2018, 16:48   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Just read on Ciaz facelift thread that

Someone please check if the same will be offered in S-Cross also. The RM had hinted that there will be some features added to S-Cross in August but no idea about it. Losing out on ESC will not be good. We're ready to wait for it if it comes in S-Cross.
I am in the same Boat. I am about to buy an S cross any day now. But if I get some clarity on any changes, I can wait. But I guess if they add LED projector headlamps and other features to Zeta, the prices may go close to what alpha is now.

One of the salespeople told me that they have got a mail from Maruti that the prices of S-Cross Zeta are going to increase by Rs. 80,000. I don't completely believe him though as he is telling me this every month end since last 3 months. But if it is indeed true, then there may be some significant additions to the Zeta.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 30th August 2018 at 13:52. Reason: Formatting quoted post
Old 7th August 2018, 16:39   #201
Senior - BHPian

Since my test drive this may, I am tending towards this Maruti but holding back myself to hear about the BS-6 engine or a petrol variant of this car. The lack of rear A/C vents and possibility to have more safety kit in the Alpha variant is also a let down. The chassis is a nice one and in europe one gets this car as a 4x4 and as standard with 6/7 airbags! Why not in India? This has the necessary ground clearance and the chassis for it.
Old 23rd August 2018, 21:46   #202
Senior - BHPian

If the SVHS thingy keeps turning the engine on off how can idle rule for the turbo charger be followed? Won't the constant stop start without idling the turbocharger spoil the unit?
Old 23rd August 2018, 21:53   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
If the SVHS thingy keeps turning the engine on off how can idle rule for the turbo charger be followed? Won't the constant stop start without idling the turbocharger spoil the unit?
I guess it depends on the engine temperature. I've driven an Ertiga with SHVS, the engine used to shut down if it was a short drive but wouldn't switch off if I drove for a long distance. Someone driving it daily may be better to comment.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 22:51   #204
Team-BHP Support

I've commuted in an SHVS Ertiga a handful of times (30 kms one-way), and the car keeps shutting off if stationary for ~30 seconds, which gets really annoying really quick in traffic, esp. on a hot day with the A/C compressor kicking in & out constantly.

I can't imagine it's healthy for the engine or turbo either.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd August 2018 at 22:55.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 10:01   #205
BHPian

Found a bug in S-Cross infotainment system.
You can’t play songs through Bluetooth from an iPhone using 3rd party music streaming apps like amazon music. Unless, you save at least One song in apple music library.
If your music library is empty, the bluetooth music won’t work. You add a song and it works.
Old 30th August 2018, 12:19   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

This report claims Maruti is all set to launch the Petrol variant of the S Cross in 2019 .

Quote:
Maruti S-Cross petrol will launch with a 1.5-litre K15B petrol engine that made its debut on the Ciaz facelift, prices will likely start from Rs 7.5 lakh.

Maruti S-Cross petrol will be the most fuel-efficient petrol-powered UV in India with an ARAI-tested mileage of more than 18 kmpl.
Driven: The 2017 Maruti S-Cross Facelift-dl0khuwv4aea1gz.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 16:18   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
This report claims Maruti is all set to launch the Petrol variant of the S Cross in 2019 .

Attachment 1794584

Link
This particular vehicle may be a representational image because this is a 1.3L Alpha.
Driven: The 2017 Maruti S-Cross Facelift-screenshot_20180830162018__01.jpg
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 17:46   #208
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I've commuted in an SHVS Ertiga a handful of times (30 kms one-way), and the car keeps shutting off if stationary for ~30 seconds.
You always have the option of turning that feature off, so obsessed is our nation with getting the maximum for their buck that people just don't turn it off.

I used the SHVS Ertiga for 3 months, had this feature always turned off.
Old 7th September 2018, 09:01   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally Maruti uploads Accessories brochure for its facelifted S Cross:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf S-Cross_Accessories_Brochure.pdf (3.56 MB, 1026 views)
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 09:24   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

A price rise of S-Cross is just round the corner. This news is 100% confirmed. There will be a rise of 40-45K across Sigma-Delta-Zeta but around 15K for Alpha. This will make the Zeta above 10L and into TCS territory. I guess this is the reason why the Delta variant has been given many features including normal alloy wheels. The Delta will be just short of 10L, around earlier price of Zeta.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks