Team-BHP - Driven: The 2017 Maruti S-Cross Facelift
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Driven: The 2017 Maruti S-Cross Facelift (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/192400-driven-2017-maruti-s-cross-facelift-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dash (Post 4313714)
Nexa sent me a quotation for S-Cross as attached. Shocked to note, they have decided to give me free :Shocked:

See attachment :)

Kalyani Nexa's way of saying that they dont want to sell a car to you :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by govigov (Post 4313860)
This is not a fast or a nimble car, rather bulky and lethargic.

Out on the highway, it is more about cruising for me. In the city, it'sa lot about the specific lane you are in at any given time. So from my PoV, the additional pull /acceleration that another car has over the SC is only for bragging points. About the VB, any one can see the difference between the interiors of these two cars. I'll pick the SC any day !

My ownership thread is up for you guys to read, feedback, hate :D.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...l-scrossd.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by laluks (Post 4311321)
This is the first time I have driven our national engine, so cannot make any comparisons. Usable torque in city traffic, comfortable highway driving, and was pretty good at hills. I took him to Meghamalai, where there was no roads. Did what a car must do. Sc surprised me, so to say. I like the overall package, and ticks my usage.

Review will come up shortly

Dear Sir,
I am waiting for your review on your s cross.
Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smuniswami (Post 4314002)
Dear Sir,
I am waiting for your review on your s cross.
Thanks.

It's here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 4313929)
Firstly, you shouldn't have accepted the bet :)

Agreed that the 1.6L was the ideal engine for the S-Cross, but you get better interiors and finesse compared to the Brezza, and got a solid European feel to it.

A valid point there and any given day I would suggest the S-cross over the Brezza. That's why my fall back option was the S-cross and not the Brezza incase the facelifted EcoSport's pricing was ridiculous.

May be sometime in the future you could see the 1.5 l diesel that's being developed being plonked on this. That will give it a real scare for the EcoSport.

Quote:

Originally Posted by laluks (Post 4313995)
My ownership thread is up for you guys to read, feedback, hate :D.

Wonderful review buddy. Really appreciate the attention to detail and the numerous pics that make it an interesting read. Truly of T-BHP standards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 4313929)
Firstly, you shouldn't have accepted the bet :)

Agreed that the 1.6L was the ideal engine for the S-Cross, but you get better interiors and finesse compared to the Brezza, and got a solid European feel to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 4313978)
About the VB, any one can see the difference between the interiors of these two cars. I'll pick the SC any day !

There is no question regarding which car has better interiors. It is the SC that beats the VB anyday. The SC also has better handling. I get all its positive points.

I just want to highlight the negatives of this car.

The 1.3 DDiS + SC is not the greatest combo in the world. It just feels wrong when such a capable product is crippled by a weak engine.

It is not only the momentary lack of power that is irksome. It takes a hit on the overall travel time as well. During the days of the ritz - Trivandrum-Ernakulam weekly runs which starts at 3:30AM usually ends at about 6:10 AM near Ernakulam south. In the current S-Cross days, it usually ends only by about 6:25 near Ernakulam south.

Quote:

Originally Posted by govigov (Post 4314417)
I just want to highlight the negatives of this car.

The 1.3 DDiS + SC is not the greatest combo in the world. It just feels wrong when such a capable product is crippled by a weak engine.

My travel times have come down, compared to my 2008 dzire VDI. Trichur Cochin runs in the morning comes 5-10 minutes faster than on my first generation Dzire. More over SC still cannot keep up with an enthusiastically driven small hatchback with the 1.3 MJD FGT. Once remapped it ll be better.
Try a Cochin to TVM run at 4pm and the S cross will pamper you more than your Ritz, without losing much time.

A good 1.5 diesel or a 1.4 turbojet petrol is what can bring the S Cross back in to the radars of "enthusiasts". Waiting for the same. My Figo is a rocket. But I never feel confident taking that popcorn to speeds. The low end is good, but I like the remapped 1.3 s low end than the much acclaimed ford low end.

The reason for Maruti not continuing the 1.6MJD could be decision of bringing the Vitara in the 1.4L boosterjet configuration. Speculated in MT/AT configuration and would and to debut in late 2018/19.

This will be in addition to the speculated Grand Vitara which is speculated to come at a later date.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4316135)
The reason for Maruti not continuing the 1.6MJD could be decision of bringing the Vitara in the 1.4L boosterjet configuration. Speculated in MT/AT configuration and would and to debut in late 2018/19.

This will be in addition to the speculated Grand Vitara which is speculated to come at a later date.

In about 3 years, if the GV comes with a high horsepower engine, that would be a very nice upgrade for the existing s-cross owners.

Taking delivery of the new S-cross this weekend. I’m considering to install gearlock as this car would be going places for next couple of years. Found out that Nexa doesn’t have gear lock among their genuine accessories package. If anybody here is using gearlock on their S-cross (1st gen or current), details would be much helpful.

Hi All

Had a few quick questions about Scross.

What is the kerb weight of Scross?

In comparison to Ecosport is the Scross underpowered in real life driving conditions?
I ask this question based on the numbers that i see for both these vehicles.
1. Ecosport 100 ps & 205 NM 1250 kgs weight.
2. Scross 90 PS , 200 NM 1180 kg. Not quite sure about this number though. Hence the first question

Going by these 2 figures, the Scross should have better torque to weight ratio than ES. My understanding is that this is one of the key parameters that effect the driving experience.

It will be great if someone who has driven both these vehicles at length can comment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishnurp99 (Post 4329921)

1215-1240 Kg. The weight is up in face-lift, thanks to SHVS.
Driven: The 2017 Maruti S-Cross Facelift-screenshot_20171228203935835_com.android.chrome.png
Quote:

Going by these 2 figures, the Scross should have better torque to weight ratio than ES. My understanding is that this is one of the key parameters that effect the driving experience.
Gear ratios, power-torque graph are also very important. If you consider only torque to weight ratio, my remapped S-Cross 1.6 is very close to 530D. But the car is nowhere close to 530D when it comes to performance lol:

S-Cross 1.3 SHVS has Kitna Deti hai tune and the car is also slower than old S-Cross 1.3. I would expect Ecosport to perform better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishnurp99 (Post 4329921)
Hi All

Had a few quick questions about Scross.

In comparison to Ecosport is the Scross underpowered in real life driving conditions?
I ask this question based on the numbers that i see for both these vehicles.
1. Ecosport 100 ps & 205 NM 1250 kgs weight.
2. Scross 90 PS , 200 NM 1180 kg. Not quite sure about this number though. Hence the first question

It will be great if someone who has driven both these vehicles at length can comment.

Hi
I have been driving the New updated S Cross (Alpha) for about a month now. I have also been previously an owner of the Ecosport Titanium albeit in the 90 bhp Avatar. So my experience is strictly with respect to that. To be very frank, in terms of power, not much to choose between the two. The Ford is definitely better built, and the doors are super heavy and close with a THUD. But the S Cross is not that bad either. As many have pointed out, this is just not a typical Maruti and feels like a proper European car in terms of build and drive. Also high speed stability is good and feels much more planted around fast curves. Now, I have have just moved on from a GT TSI so performance wise, it has definitely not been an upgrade. But I guess I am entering that practical period of life where I have to take into account how much I spend on fuel ( I drive about 100+ kms a day) and EMI plus fuel was too much to handle lol: ........ I suggest you take a long drive, especially on a highway, and I'm sure you will not be disappointed (if you are not the Boy racer types). The advantage over the Ecosport is definitely the much roomier cabin, better all round seats and a big car feel. For some reason, I also feel the seat position is just about apt, as I test drove the Captur, Duster and Creta before zeeroing on the SCross. It is definitely a much better value for money proposition (especially the Zeta)....
Attaching a pic

Quote:

Originally Posted by drnilswap (Post 4318718)
Taking delivery of the new S-cross this weekend. I’m considering to install gearlock as this car would be going places for next couple of years. Found out that Nexa doesn’t have gear lock among their genuine accessories package. If anybody here is using gearlock on their S-cross (1st gen or current), details would be much helpful.

Dear sir,

I hope that you have taken delivery of S Cross by now.
How the car fares now and your opinion about it may please be posted.

Muniswami s

I own previous S-Cross in 1.3 avatar. I love the car for its impeccable ride and excellent handling (by my requirements). On bad roads, good roads, and no roads - it is excellent. And pretty fun too in city because of fantastic stopping power and chuckability of chassis plus power is good enough for 99% of city usage conditions. On highways, while it takes time to pick up pace, it is superb at any speed. I have tried upto 140 and it is very solid.

Having used it for 50k+ kms in typical Maruti fuss-free manner, I firmly believe that this is a standout product that mates Maruti's strengths with very European characteristics, minus the out and out performance.

Noticed some comparison with Vitara Berezza performance. S-cross is far superior car in every department. And S-Cross can be fun to drive despite its lower performance as it can hold on to speeds with lot of confidence. Add to that superior space, better materials, and decently comfortable seats.

I like the facelift very much, maybe because previous one looks so bad.:uncontrol Many people, including a friend in Maruti Suzuki, referred to it as poor man's X1. And that's what Maruti has gone and done with the design. Grill doesn't look that bad in real life and can be fixed with some after-market solutions.

My only concerns with S-cross is almost bench like seats with no contouring, inability to make comfortable seating by reclining front seats, and missing rear ac vents (on my delta variant).

I would very happily replace my S-Cross with the updated S-Cross in case I end up changing the car soon.