Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2018, 21:04   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Driven: The 2017 Maruti S-Cross Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuniswami View Post
Dear all, what does the S in s-cross stand for?
Although Suzuki has not explicitly told anything, I would safely assume that the S in the S-cross stands for "Sports" because S-cross has evolved from SX4 which was an abbreviation for Sports Xover( read crossover) 4(For) all seasons.

Last edited by Samurai : 17th June 2018 at 21:01. Reason: edited quoted post
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 21:32   #182
BHPian

Dear sir,

Thank you very much for the information. I have purchased a s-cross in may 2018, and since then I was in search of the meaning of S in s-cross.

Thanks again.

Last edited by Samurai : 17th June 2018 at 21:03. Reason: grammar fix
smuniswami is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th June 2018, 16:02   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi, can anyone tell me about the available discounts on the new S-Cross? I've been told that there is no discount, corporate or exchange or whatsoever on the new S-Cross in Gurgaon. This is at Pasco Nexa. Any discounts available anywhere so that we can arm twist them?
Old 21st June 2018, 14:16   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Hi, can anyone tell me about the available discounts on the new S-Cross? I've been told that there is no discount, corporate or exchange or whatsoever on the new S-Cross in Gurgaon. This is at Pasco Nexa. Any discounts available anywhere so that we can arm twist them?
I recently (a week ago) test drove a S-cross and arm twisted as much as I could but the manager was ready to go down quite low on Ciaz but none on S-Cross. Now with the new Ciaz on the cards, I realize why he was so cooperative with CIAZ and none with S-Cross.

Nevertheless, his argument the whole time was, as a dealer they get no discounts or benefits whatsoever if they are a NEXA dealership.
AlphaKilo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 09:21   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki has hit the right chord on the Face-lift version, reflecting consistently on the sales figures.
Sells 4610 cars in May 2018.

S Cross continues to tread the 4k mark. Does 4128 units in June and is in the top 25 cars dispatched in June.

Source:Auto Punditz
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 17:02   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

We are in process of booking a Zeta variant. How good/ bad is the headlight illumination? Is it as bad as Brezza or better than that? Also if someone has changed the headlight bulbs, please let me know. Does the car come with mudflaps and footmats as it's a Nexa offering or its like all Maruti vehicles wherein you pay for everything?
Old 13th July 2018, 19:04   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Does the car come with mudflaps and footmats as it's a Nexa offering or its like all Maruti vehicles wherein you pay for everything?
Congratulations!

Regarding the mudflaps and mats, you have to pay. It is included in the nexa basic accessories kit, for which they charge around 7-8k. Car charger, perfume, car care kit etc. are also included in it.
knightrider_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 20:16   #188
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
We are in process of booking a Zeta variant. How good/ bad is the headlight illumination? Is it as bad as Brezza or better than that? Also if someone has changed the headlight bulbs, please let me know. Does the car come with mudflaps and footmats as it's a Nexa offering or its like all Maruti vehicles wherein you pay for everything?
I have a 2015 Zeta and the headlight illumination is terrible. I dont know how it compares to the Brezza but S-cross is bad. Have been thinking of an upgrade but haven't got down to it yet.

Vid6639 tried to fit an LED in my car but apparently the design was such that it was not plug 'n play so we did not proceed. You can check out the Auto Lighting thread for more options.

Mudflaps and footmats were paid accessories, at least back in 2015.
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 21:49   #189
BHPian

Quote:
We own a Zeta Facelift, and the headlights are just sad. They are poor, not even what I'd call adequate.

The high beams are still acceptable, the low beam is the one which is the issue.

I've driven a zoomcar Brezza, and have felt its headlights to be slightly better in its throw angle, but not significantly so. I find my Elite i20's reflector setup to be a lot better.

Coming to accesories, its included with the Nexa Genuine Accesories pack, which costs 5-6k. I didn't opt for it, and purchased them separately, the cost was decent and the product good quality.

Last edited by ts1506 : 13th July 2018 at 21:54.
ts1506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2018, 16:43   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok guys, there is another bit of news/rumour. We've not booked the S-Cross as yet because we were told by RM at one of the Nexas that some additional features are being added to the S-Cross next month. So what can it be even if it is there? He said mainly interiors, so my guess is either more airbags or maybe 3 point seatbelt for centre in rear. He also said that price for Zeta and Alpha will increase, so maybe they'll add some features of Alpha to Zeta and airbags only to Alpha. anyone has some information regarding this?
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 15:15   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Ok guys, there is another bit of news/rumour. We've not booked the S-Cross as yet because we were told by RM at one of the Nexas that some additional features are being added to the S-Cross next month. So what can it be even if it is there? He said mainly interiors, so my guess is either more airbags or maybe 3 point seatbelt for centre in rear. He also said that price for Zeta and Alpha will increase, so maybe they'll add some features of Alpha to Zeta and airbags only to Alpha. anyone has some information regarding this?
I too have shortlisted S-Cross as one of the contenders. I couldn't find any news in media on possible updates on the existing model, yet.
Old 20th July 2018, 16:08   #192
BHPian

Quote:
I was told about 1.6 being relaunched by the end of this year for S-Cross, Brezza & Ertiga by my RM. He said some interior will also be changed but did not know anything specific.
Old 20th July 2018, 16:16   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ok guys, there is another bit of news/rumour. We've not booked the S-Cross as yet because we were told by RM at one of the Nexas that some additional features are being added to the S-Cross next month. anyone has some information regarding this?---
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkstile View Post
-- couldn't find any news in media on possible updates on the existing model, yet.
Just a speculation as CIAZ facelift will have an updated Instrument cluster. Possible update for S Cross too.

Quote:
the Ciaz will get a new instrument cluster with a larger multi-info display (possibly in colour, like the Baleno) along with blue highlights for the speedometer and the tachometer which are currently only seen on the Ciaz diesel SHVS.
Link
Old 20th July 2018, 19:29   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickygupta2 View Post
I was told about 1.6 being relaunched by the end of this year for S-Cross, Brezza & Ertiga by my RM. He said some interior will also be changed but did not know anything specific.
While the 1.6 will be great for S Cross and Ertiga, am not sure Maruti will plonk it in the Brezza. It may not be able to handle the power and torque put out by the 1.6 mjd given its build quality.
Old 20th July 2018, 19:35   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickygupta2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
While the 1.6 will be great for S Cross and Ertiga, am not sure Maruti will plonk it in the Brezza. It may not be able to handle the power and torque put out by the 1.6 mjd given its build quality.
It will be Suzuki's 1.5l diesel engine which eventually will replace the current 1.3l DDiS engine. Ertiga is speculated to get this engine first.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks