Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2018, 13:04   #211
BHPian

Re: Driven: The 2017 Maruti S-Cross Facelift

New price list for New Delhi. Thanks to BHPian sunejarahul.

Zeta is now priced at 10+ Lakhs ex-showroom.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf new doc 2018-09-07 12.03.21_20180907120443.pdf (1.01 MB, 894 views)

Last edited by sinharishi : 7th September 2018 at 13:05.
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 16:18   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
New price list for New Delhi. Thanks to BHPian sunejarahul.

Zeta is now priced at 10+ Lakhs ex-showroom.
They've not added the Extended Warranty price into the new updated price list. That could be a reason why the new prices are less than older one in case of Alpha.

Another question is, can a dealer include the extended warranty price in ex-showroom price of a car and then calculate other things like road tax and insurance?
Old 7th September 2018, 18:26   #213
BHPian

Now they have made Delta the most Value for Money Variant. The only major difference between Delta and Zeta being the infotainment system and the Fog Lamps. Almost a lac extra on road for that is not worth.Both, The infotainment system and Fog lamps can be easily added as an accessory from nexa itself for much lesser amount.
As soon as the price goes above 10 lacs, there is an extra on road cost of approx 30-35 thousand just for the difference in tax structure in most states and tcs.

Last edited by car-dent : 7th September 2018 at 18:40. Reason: Added more thoughts.
car-dent is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 06:32   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

About time I changed my signature
Driven: The 2017 Maruti S-Cross Facelift-img_20180916_062937.jpg

Driven: The 2017 Maruti S-Cross Facelift-img_20180916_063150.jpg
Parting shot.

Driven: The 2017 Maruti S-Cross Facelift-img20180915wa0066.jpg
The new kid on the block!

We've added a new S-Cross Alpha to our team, purchased by my brother. The Ritz was sold off.
BoneCollector is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 07:17   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
We've added a new S-Cross Alpha to our team,
Congratulations, those headlights of alpha look stunning.
Did u get the updated one or is it the older stock? Did u have to pay the updated price?
car-dent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 09:09   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

We've added a new S-Cross Alpha to our team, purchased by my brother. The Ritz was sold off.
Congratulations, Premium Silver is my favourite shade in the S Cross, followed by White. The contrast with the black claddings looks great in both these shades.

Regards
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th September 2018, 21:09   #217
Senior - BHPian

Is there a way to disable the start-stop function permanently in the S-Cross? A friend of mine bought the car recently and it is a big pain!

Currently, the car doesn't recall the last setting and start-stop is always on by default.
Old 12th October 2018, 16:32   #218
BHPian

Quote:
there were serious emission and other issues after few thousand kilometres. For this very reason, the engine is undergoing some changes.
This is what that happens when an engine is developed from scratch. There could be gaps in design calculations and gaps will be there even after launch. As many gaps are identified during test and narrowing them down, if possible closing them alone helps in launching a quality engine.

To quote an example, TATA Harrier, as per internet news, is currently being tested for few lakh kilometers. Still the company is finding issues and rectifying them.

Cheers!
Old 12th October 2018, 17:00   #219
Senior - BHPian

MSIL has no engine in it's repertoire for a really well built car like the S-Cross. Give the S-Cross a new powerful heart: both petrol, diesel and automatic transmissions and see it realise it's true potential.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2019, 21:57   #220
Senior - BHPian

In the market for a diesel compact SUV within 10-12 lakhs on road. Was waiting for the Seltos but I'm sure it's going to be priced higher and will eventually be more expensive on road.

Checked out the creta 1.4. It's decent but too common. And it misses features in the variant in the price range I'm looking for.

The brezza is decent and ticked quite a few boxes.

The venue was the most expensive one. Had a good feature list but I did not like the rear. Makes it look like a hatch. Just my opinion though.

Stopped at the Nexa showroom and immediately liked the S Cross. The car is pretty decently loaded feature wise and the Delta version is perfect , for my budget. All I miss is the touchscreen and fog lamps, that I can get installed for much less than the one lakh premium the next variant commands.

I'm pretty happy with the 1.3 Fiat engine powering it. Pretty frugal as well.

A few questions:

1. Long time owners - How does the car age? How's the handling and driving after a couple of years?

2. No rear AC vents is a bummer. How is the cooling?

3. Is the glove box cooled?

4. Do we get remote smartphone app control feature on it? It says so in the manual. The guy was clueless.

5. Any reason to not choose the S Cross?
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 14:43   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
A few questions:

1. Long time owners - How does the car age? How's the handling and driving after a couple of years?

4. Do we get remote smartphone app control feature on it? It says so in the manual. The guy was clueless.

I have driven my Scross for about 22,000 km in 10 months.

1. The car is aging well. No Particular issues as such. But definitely does not feel as strong and durable as my previous car (Linea which was used niggle free for 2 lac+ km.

2. That's the biggest missed feature in the car. In fact, we had it in our previous car but never used it so didn't realize its importance. Now my kid is growing up and makes my wife sit in the back seat. The rear Ac vents are seriously missed all the time... Otherwise cooling is ok.

3. The glove box is not cooled.

4. The remote app is available but I have never used it. Could be more useful for chauffeur driven people.

5. Lack of Rear AC vents and lack of a powerful engine. Performance is just average at best. But then, its absolute value for money as a package.
car-dent is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 15:36   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Couple of years & nearly 51K, have driven across MH, GA, UK, TN & KL extensively including TS, AP, KA, UP, MP. It still puts a big smile across my face

Quote:
Kids often complain the AC is cold in the rear, that happens during all the night drives irrespective of the Weather. Probably they take about 100-150 more Km to complain in Summer. My Mother hasn't complained at all. That being said, it does sweat in peak summer (read Chennai's summer) in the rear. I too feel the rear AC must've been there.

Quote:
No

Quote:
It's for the infotainment that's all. Pretty useless to us

Quote:
5. Any reason to not choose the S Cross
1.3 MJD & you don't believe in the fact that buying is one time affair & maintenance is for lifetime What I mean is, you don't expect the car to be serviced to your satisfaction as a perfectionist.

BTW, I've 1.6 & not 1.3
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 21:16   #223
Senior - BHPian

Is there any disadvantage in going for the 1.3 MJD powered S- Cross? With a 5-7 years ownership horizon, is it a bad decision to choose this engine at the cusp of BS6?

Any support/ parts issues that might come up?
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 21:39   #224
BHPian

@ Coolkurt - From a support/part perspective, the 1.3 mjd is probably your best bet. After all this is one of the most prevalent engines even in it's higher 90 PS tune. You can thank all of those 6 lakh brezzas, couple of lakhs of scross, couple of lakhs of ertiga and the handful of lineas for that. Support will never be a problem for this engine in the next 10 years.

Also it's interesting to see that the Scross 200 DDIS is the third most selling diesel SUV/CSUV after the Brezza and Creta according to this thread. It sells more than the Ecosport, Nexon and XUV300 diesel avatars.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...xcept-uvs.html (Model-wise Petrol vs Diesel sales figures (FY19). Petrol dominates all segments, except UVs)
vishnurp99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 10:33   #225
Team-BHP Support

My car is a November 2015 Zeta 1.3 L which has done ~65k kms. Still on the original clutch, suspension, battery etc. One component of the rear axle was changed under warranty because of some noise. And the controller for the steering mounted controls, again under warranty.

The car has aged quite well and I have no complaints whatsoever, except for the ones listed below.

It is a car that will not pull your heart strings and you need to buy it after applying your mind and making a logical decision.

Quote:
1- I am also from Delhi and the AC performance at the back is inadequate for the first 10-15 mins

2- Horrible headlamps & reflector design.

3- Diesel and hence a life of only 10 years if that is important to you.
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed