Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2018, 16:27   #31
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta 2.4 GX ownership review. EDIT: 10,000 km service done

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Got steering wheel, Door pads and Arm rest covered in leather from Devraj/Ovion. Fitting looks nice and steering now offers a lot of grip. Initially thought of going in for some fancy color like brown in Z variant, but I like all black interiors and went with black leather with silver thread stitching.

Note: Steering wheel work was done by Devraj and Door trims/armrest was done at Ovion.

Attachment 1745367

Attachment 1745368

Attachment 1745369
The steering wheel wrap looks great. How much did you pay for it?

Also, was it hand stiched without removing the steering wheel?
Old 26th March 2018, 16:40   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
The steering wheel wrap looks great. How much did you pay for it?

Also, was it hand stiched without removing the steering wheel?
It costed me 1200 bucks. It is hand stitched and the steering is not removed.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 14:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Covered about 1000 KM over weekend and also managed to click few pics with garage mate. Onward journey I got FE of 14.33 and 15.4x on return journey with decent speed. City(or rather town) runabouts saw Crysta delivering about 11.8x KM/L.

Toyota Innova Crysta 2.4 GX ownership review. EDIT: 10,000 km service done-20180330_133432.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta 2.4 GX ownership review. EDIT: 10,000 km service done-20180330_122648.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta 2.4 GX ownership review. EDIT: 10,000 km service done-20180330_122717.jpg
PrideRed is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 18:34   #34
BHPian

Just curios, which rides better Endy or Innova. Especially bump absorption on bad roads and "flatness" of ride on highways.
Old 5th April 2018, 13:23   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Just curios, which rides better Endy or Innova. Especially bump absorption on bad roads and "flatness" of ride on highways.
In the middle row, Innova is the better place to be. It's more cushy and the undulations are absorbed better. The Endeavour has stiffer suspension and the added high center of gravity makes it a bit bouncy. The front seats in Endeavour feels supreme. You can speed past a road-hump, bad patches and feel nothing. Crysta front seats are good and cushy but you can feel bigger undulations. To summarize, If I am driving- Edneavour is the place to be and if being driven, it is Innova.
PrideRed is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 14:12   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
To summarize, If I am driving- Edneavour is the place to be and if being driven, it is Innova.
Plus One! This is 100 % correct and crux from my personal experience as well.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 14:20   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Note: Steering wheel work was done by Devraj ]
Looks like OEM. if you don't mind, could you share the cost for the steering wheel leather work.
I need it for my Linea as my steering wheel is worn out.

Update: Sorry, just saw your reply to another member.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 5th April 2018 at 14:22.
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 17:24   #38
Senior - BHPian

Back from another 1000KM trip. Took Kanakapura-Malavalli-Mysore-Madikeri-Putur route for onward journey. Stayed at Mysore and got FE of 18.2 . Drove on superlight foot and not exceeding speeds of 100KM/Hr. Mysore to Puttur involved some spirited driving and post tankful FE was measured at 15.1KMPL. The drive as such was uneventful. One downside I have started realizing is how I am unable to squeeze Crysta through tight space. Being over 4.7M in length and despite having healthy power, you cannot chuck it like a hatchback/sedan.
For return journey I choose the scenic Charmadi-Bangalore route. Mudigere to Hassan was a delight to drive with butter smooth roads amidst coffee estate. 4 lane high speed stability is very much re-assuring. The car is now few KM's short of 13K.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 11:46   #39
Senior - BHPian

While my car is inching closer to 15K mark, I am evaluating if to take to service center or not. The max they would do is wheel alignment and I don't have any other issues to get rectified. While Toyota officially mentions that service every 5K is mandatory, the service center told me it is not really mandatory. I don't want to lose my 5year warranty but at the same time do not want to let go off the car(for a day ) for what i feel is unnecessary.
Old 10th May 2018, 05:54   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Toyota officially mentions that service every 5K is mandatory, the service center told me it is not really mandatory. I don't want to lose my 5year warranty but at the same time do not want to let go off the car(for a day ) for what i feel is unnecessary.
Simply get your car's service entered into Toyota's database [via service coupon or getting it scanned]. The dealer will wipe his hands off saying, but we never said something like that, can you show us?
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 13:03   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Simply get your car's service entered into Toyota's database [via service coupon or getting it scanned]. The dealer will wipe his hands off saying, but we never said something like that, can you show us?
I have decided to take the car after a long drive, planned for next week. Toyota has this express 60 minute service and planning to opt that. Hopefully they stick to 60 minutes.
Old 10th May 2018, 13:40   #42
BHPian

Nice and informative thread! Just wondering how you feel the crysta perform on rough roads when compared to ecosport. Asking this since you have experienced both the cars. Is it normal to hear a "thud" from the front suspensions when going over a bump at speeds above 10kmph in the ecosport? I concluded that the suspension is rather stiff to my liking.

Also, those are excellent mileage figures there! What are your thoughts on fuel additives? Not now but maybe a few years into ownership?
Old 4th June 2018, 17:22   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Nice and informative thread! Just wondering how you feel the crysta perform on rough roads when compared to ecosport. Asking this since you have experienced both the cars. Is it normal to hear a "thud" from the front suspensions when going over a bump at speeds above 10kmph in the ecosport? I concluded that the suspension is rather stiff to my liking.

Also, those are excellent mileage figures there! What are your thoughts on fuel additives? Not now but maybe a few years into ownership?
In rough roads Innova is the one which has better ride. Ecosport was known for stiff suspension and you have to slow down to avoid hearing those thuds. As you mentioned Thud is pretty common and annoying in Ecosport. One area where Ecosport excels is GC, being under 4M and 200MM GC, it was almost impossible to hit the underbelly.

I used additives couple of times in Ecosport and did not notice any perceivable difference. Toyota diesel are pretty robust, my 10 year old Innova still sounds the same as it did during delivery. I always used regular diesel and nothing else . For Crysta too I am considering only regular diesel unless some additive significantly improves performance/FE.
Old 18th June 2018, 14:37   #44
Senior - BHPian

Completed weekend drive to home town and ODO now reads 14750. Have fixed an appointment tomorrow at Nandi Toyota for 15K service. Plan to get wheel alignment done in addition to regular service.
Issues faced: The alignment seem to have gone bad again, the steering has crossed a bit.
Rattles: Plastic around radio is cheap and rattles when going through sharp bumps.
Recent FE: got 16.3KMPL on return journey from native and 14.5KMPL for onward journey.
Accessories added: Magnetic sunshades- are of average quality and is problematic when you have to pay at toll. Makes the windows appear dark hence making the white car look cooler.
Old 20th June 2018, 12:48   #45
Senior - BHPian

Completed 15000KM service at Nandi Toyota. Booked an appointment thought Toyota Connect App and booking process was smooth as always. I arrived a little late than my allotted time(thanks to BLR traffic), SA was allotted immediately, checked the car , asked for complaints and the car was taken for service in about 20 minutes.
Issues:
1.A plastic clip was missing from left fender-SA mentioned if the part is in stock will add else will do it during next visit.
2. Wheel alignment/Steering play- SA promised to check wheel alignment and rectify steering play.

Regular service costs 1135+Tax. Wheel alignment is 630+ Tax. The SA added 3 more value added service (AC clean,Engine dressing,Anti bacteria etc.). I rejected these and they did not carry out these.

SA mentioned there was a small dent in caster(or Camber?) and mentioned might have to be rectified. Later was informed this was minor and okay for now. The car was dry washed and handed over to me by 6PM. Total bill came to 2083.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks