Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2019, 09:30   #61
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta 2.4 GX ownership review. EDIT: 10,000 km service done

Hello PrideRed, can you tell me if the newer Innovas have the 120KMPH beeping? If yes, is it once or continuous ?
Old 9th January 2019, 12:36   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Hello PrideRed, can you tell me if the newer Innovas have the 120KMPH beeping? If yes, is it once or continuous ?
My 2018 October delivered 2.4GX and my In-Law's 2018 December delivered 2.4ZX don't have this. I haven't thoroughly checked but I think in ZX it might be configurable and don't find any option in my GX.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 12:45   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Not yet. They will do when it becomes effective, I think around April. This is based on our recent purchase of Innova for office & discussions with SA in November.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 12:52   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Not yet. They will do when it becomes effective, I think around April. This is based on our recent purchase of Innova for office & discussions with SA in November.
Which version did you get? Can you please check and confirm if Mirrorlink works in the car? Also does the car auto unlock after switching off? Both of these doesnot seem to work in both ZX and GX.
Old 10th January 2019, 21:01   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Which version did you get? Can you please check and confirm if Mirrorlink works in the car? Also does the car auto unlock after switching off? Both of these doesnot seem to work in both ZX and GX.
Most likely No for mirror link. I will update here next week when I have access to the car.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 13:34   #66
Senior - BHPian

So the 1st problem appears on my Crysta. Well technically not with the car, but the speakers. I had got Infinity speakers installed in my newer Crysta and the front right one has gone kaput. Most likely a loose wire, will get it checked. Also contemplating of adding an amplifier as the stock HU drives very little power to these beautiful speakers!

Last edited by PrideRed : 4th February 2019 at 13:51.
Old 7th February 2019, 16:42   #67
Senior - BHPian

Apparently a loose wire connected to the crossover had come off. Technician from Nandi Toyota came home and repaired the same. All good for now!
The White Crysta has a busy schedule, hauling 1tonne plus of luggage off the road! Damn I missed to take a picture. The Crysta has proved that it can carry more luggage than Innova without bottoming out! The powerful engine is a boon, 1+tonne luggage plus the driver and Crysta sailed through off-road without breaking sweat. Crysta's GC is rated at 167MM compared to 176 of previous gen(I know the calculation is different) but in reality Crysta has much better clearance than Innova.
Old 5th March 2019, 19:25   #68
Senior - BHPian

Got some time over the weekend and de-badged my Red Crysta. Added a custom badge and this is how the rear looks like.

Toyota Innova Crysta 2.4 GX ownership review. EDIT: 10,000 km service done-20190301_183129.jpg

White Crysta on the other hand got some major updates like brown leatherette seat covers, custom floor mats and chrome garnish at rear.
Old 5th March 2019, 19:42   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Got some time over the weekend and de-badged my Red Crysta. Added a custom badge and this is how the rear looks like.
Nah, Me thinks clean rear looks the best.

What kind of luggage is your white crysta hauling to tip the scales at 1+ t?
Old 5th March 2019, 20:11   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Nah, Me thinks clean rear looks the best.

What kind of luggage is your white crysta hauling to tip the scales at 1+ t?
Arecanut + two passengers. 14-15 bags with each weighing about 50-60 Kilos.
Old 18th March 2019, 11:28   #71
Senior - BHPian

Was at phoenix mall yesterday where they had displayed cars from different manufacturers. BMW 3 GT, Kodiaq,Rapid, Civic, Harrier, XUV 300, Marazzo etc.
XUV 300, Civic and Harrier were attracting most the crowd.

The Kodiaq was a big downer for me, the door pad plastic were screeching and the dashboard looked gaudy(strange for a VW brand!).

Civic was impressive in and out only until I sat in the back seat! You sit quite low with legs pointing north, my head was brushing the roof(note: I am 5'10) The front seats were fantastic and had good range for height. I could see the bonnet but again my head was almost brushing the roof. Exterior design wise this just blew out the Kodaiq and will not feel out of place parking against the 3 GT.

Next up was Harrier, look good inside had plenty more space than civic and almost as much as Kodiaq. The car from outside looked very much like XUV- w.r.to design and size. Little overdone to my taste just like XUV. This car will have tough time once the next gen XUV will be launched.

XUV 300 did look impressive. The doors were heaviest among all, interior plastics were sturdy and well bolstered than all other cars and looked rich with white leather.
Marazzo did loo nice as well, however I disagree where people have mentioned that 3rd seats are the best among all MPV's. My In law recently sat in Crysta for 300+KM in 3rd and definitely did not find the marazzo 3rd as much comfortable.

Oh lets talk the best at the last- the 3 GT. This had least number of customer visiting, and the battery went kaput. The sales man told "too many people opened/closed doors battery has drained, please wait for few hours before it recharges!" I said one pays so much premium and BMW is tech loaded, and you cannot get the basics right? All the other humble cars out there which drew more client! That said the frameless doors were drool worthy.

One thing was clear, Indian manufacturers have caught up big time w.r.to Interior quality. I think unless you want to nitpick, there is not much differentiating among these cars!

After witnessing all the feature loaded cars , I came back to my Crysta, which is bare basic by current standards. Twisted keys, the diesel engine rumbles up, slotted to 1st gear and off we role! I just love how simple the car is yet offers all the comforts I need. Would I have bought anything else now?Certainly not, would have still bought the Endeavour and the Crysta duos which suits my needs the best!
PrideRed is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 11:05   #72
Senior - BHPian

I been driving the red one most of the time which happened to complete 10,000KM service. The service bill came to 3K including oil change. 3M paint protection and under body coating was also done as part of the package that I took earlier. Engine appears to be tad more silent now and gearshifts have become smoother.

My white Crysta is inching close to 30K and will be going for service soon.
Old 23rd August 2019, 14:04   #73
Senior - BHPian

Did a Kanyakumari/Dhanushkodi/Pondy in my in laws Crysta covering 2000 KM's. We were 6 adults + 1 kid on board with luggage in boot. THe last row was a pleasant surprise to everyone. Getting in/out aside once you are in, last row is a comfy place to be in a 7 seater Crysta. I am 5'11 and was able to sleep for long duration peacefully. Shorter people preferred last row for sleeping. Another aspect that surprised me was 17 inch tires. I found the ride more predictable than 16inch in my GX. Was worried about tire cuts in bad patches but they performed fine. Mind you we did hit some bad potholes and decent speed and luckily all good. Insulation in ZX is better than GX but could be even better. Returned overall FE of about 13KMPL which I feel is decent given the load and speed which for most part remained above 100.
Old 16th October 2019, 11:14   #74
Senior - BHPian

Gave Garnet Red Innova for 15K service. Just general checkup and no issues to report. The last installment of 3M coating was done and the car body panels and shining quite well. Total bill came to 1.6K which I found quite reasonable. The adivsor did add additional Mech Care costing 500+tax which I rejected. He also did try to push wiper blade, AC cleaning, rat mesh etc. all of which were promptly rejected. Business as usual for white Crysta. Did a Jog trip recently and does feel like if it was new.

Bisile drive
Toyota Innova Crysta 2.4 GX ownership review. EDIT: 10,000 km service done-20190922_170113.jpg
Toyota Innova Crysta 2.4 GX ownership review. EDIT: 10,000 km service done-20190922_161045.jpg

@farm
Toyota Innova Crysta 2.4 GX ownership review. EDIT: 10,000 km service done-20190518_140413.jpg
PrideRed is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 12:19   #75
Senior - BHPian

As part of 15K service I was handed over a free wash voucher. I had got this earlier as well but never had an opportunity to use one. After the recent drive to native and coonor the car had become all dirty and decided to check wash at Toyota. To my surprise they accepted my late request for Saturday and took 1.5hr to wash including 20min wait time. This was a full fledged wash and impressed with the quality. Nandi Toyota Whitefield continues to impress me and definitely they strive for the best.

Most Viewed