Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2018, 15:25   #241
ike
BHPian

re: S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Sad to read this. Hope Maruti has not gone the Maruti way with the face-lift S-Cross.

My pre-facelift Delta has clocked 93,000 kms under 2 yrs and is rattle free. The only rattle my car had seen is the rear parcel tray, which was fixed.
How did you manage to fix it? I have the same problem and it is is very irritating
Old 23rd October 2018, 17:57   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
KungFu Panda completes 35K.
Rattles have become the order of the day. Dashboard, glove box, hand rest, window panes, rear view mirror, everything you name it rattles. It's annoying
35K!!

Anyway, I'm a little over 40K & there's only signs of rattles; they're evident only if driven on pathetic road (read Forest etc) for over an hour. Otherwise, there're no rattles. On highway, there's no R of rattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I can understand. Maruti and rattles have very close relationship
Have a friend (laluks knows him) who has run his Ertiga close to 1.8 Lakh Km & there's seldom rattle in his car. This was even after the torture experiencing at UK drive

Quote:
Update! Pathetic!
...Nexa guys were better trained!!

I am already getting the Cheaper and Careless Maruti Feel
While in Bangalore...needless to say, Suraksha is the place to visit

Last edited by aargee : 23rd October 2018 at 18:02.
aargee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2018, 10:21   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
35K!!

Anyway, I'm a little over 40K & there's only signs of rattles; they're evident only if driven on pathetic road (read Forest etc) for over an hour. Otherwise, there're no rattles. On highway, there's no R of rattle

Have a friend (laluks knows him) who has run his Ertiga close to 1.8 Lakh Km & there's seldom rattle in his car. This was even after the torture experiencing at UK drive

While in Bangalore...needless to say, Suraksha is the place to visit

RG, Kungfu panda is now at 38K.

Rattles on rough patches, or smooth roads, it should never appear in a nicely engineered car. My Civic of 10 years and 160K, never even had a squeak for that matter, on rough roads or tarmac.

Suraksha, yes. Kungfu Panda goes there only for service.

I will now post a separate post on the build quality and support systems and parts availability I have experienced in my run. It serves as an eye opener.
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2018, 17:20   #244
Team-BHP Support

Mod team note: Tow hook issue being moved to a new thread.
Jaggu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2018, 14:19   #245
Senior - BHPian

So Laluks did you get the Panda fixed? What's the update on the car?
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2018, 18:34   #246
Senior - BHPian

I was quite busy with changing roles at work and Diwali holidays, hence could not update.

Kungfu Panda has gone in for its 40K service along with the rectification. I have kept the old bumper itself with stitches made by metal strings to remind me of the episode, than going in for a new bumpers. It now looks like a stupid kid with stitches on its chin. This has been mended by the mechanics who helped me at Joshimat to take the car home. I never asked Maruti, nor Maruti called me on this topic.

For me the episode is over along with my inference never to own a Maruti again.

Did a wheel alignment along with 40K service, left had some degree of negative camber, now adjusted. Kungfu Panda is running around.

A search for a new car is on.

Some more experiences.
On 16.11.2018, Friday, I was relatively free and decided to take the car for service. A few days before Friday, my good friend and workshop manager at Suraksha Bommanahalli, told me he has quit his job and is opening a multi brand car service center by year end. Well that is a great relief!

But then I wanted to do the 40K service before that.

If you guys remember, while getting my insurance renewed Bimal agent have given me some service and wheel alignment coupons. So decided to go to Bimal for the 40K service.

Bimal Mahadevapura
I reached Bimal Service Center at Mahadevapura, and drove in. Security took my mobile number and Car number and asked me to drive in. I drove in, no one was around to receive the car, and I kept inching forward thinking there would be someone who would stop me for taking inventory. In some time I almost reached a board showing EXIT. The security there was helpful, he asked me I must go a little back and park and get inside the service bay to call some one. It made sense, since there was none outside. I tried parking the car near the service area, only to be shooed away by service mechanics, who were driving user cars rashly around. I found a place and got in. The security at the exit had told me to ask for Mr. Suman who seems to be the workshop in charge. After looking around for a while, I asked the front office desk guy to call Mr. Suman to help me with. Mr. Suman was informed, and I waited for him at his office. Meanwhile I was watching the cars being driven around by the service guys. It was not nice.

The place is still the same as it was 11 years ago. When I gave my swift in 2007 for the first service, I made up my mind never to go back. Today it looks still the same. And its not a Nexa Service, its the normal Maruti stuff. I waited for 30 minutes, no sign of Mr. Suman. I just left the place. Bimal - No, Never. I tore away the coupons given to me, even if they offer free service, I am not taking it.

Suraksha Bommanahalli
I drove to Suraksha Bommanahalli and reached there by 10:30. I walked into the workshop Managers place. Mr. Kelvin has took over from Mr. Girish, who was my friend. Kelvin was very helpful. He immediately assigned me Mr. Yogesh as Service Advisor and Mr. Rakesh as the mechanic. They took the car and started work almost immediately and completed the 40K service by 13:30. I wanted a Wheel Alignment and that would be after their Lunch break. After Lunch break they promptly attended to the Wheel Alignment. After that the bills were made, Nexa points redeemed and I was good to go. I thanked Mr. Kelvin and Mr. Yogesh, and asked them to pass my good feedback to Mr. Rakesh who had done all the work meticulously with patience and in the right ways. Also told Mr. Yogesh, to be my SA whenever I visit them, and to assign Rakesh to my work always.

While I was at Suraksha, I met deepak an old friend and bhpian. It was great to catch up with him after a long time.

40K service and WA costed Rs. 8501,I will post the bill details on a later post.

Meanwhile Kungfu panda completes 1 Year and has clocked 43K Kms in its first year.

Off topic
The issue with the car, had given me an insight to people and the patterns. The biggest take away were the identification of a few people, and a review of my impressions of them. That has really helped.
laluks is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th November 2018, 20:25   #247
Senior - BHPian

Well this is something I believe, If one was to own and drive a car the calibre of the eight gen Civic he or she will not enjoy and be happy with anything which offers less than what one was used to. Anything lesser feels like a downgrade. Even I am comparing my new ride with my old Civic and not feeling the same pangs of passion I felt before.

The new Civic is just around. Maybe you could first see it in the flesh, check out the pricing and then make a decision on the new car.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2019, 21:15   #248
Senior - BHPian

Its been a while since I updated on SCross. Its basically because its not getting used amidst my schedule, than a silly run of 5Kms or so per day. In the last two months probably it would have done 500Kms or so.

There was a puncture and had to change the tires, which led to some revelation of sorts, hence the post.

On changing the tire, I noticed some thing wrong with the alloys!
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20181118_130148edit.jpg

Something which looked like the alloys had an acid attack!
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20181118_130206edit.jpg

The black coating started to erode away!
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20181118_130151edit.jpg

So much so for an year old car!!
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20181118_130158edit.jpg

But the next one was a nasty surprise! Real nasty Surprise! Build Quality

Inside the boot area where the spare was kept, I see panels that re supposed to be welded and held together giving away!!
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20181118_132623edit.jpg

S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20181118_132626edit.jpg

S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20181118_132650edit.jpg

S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20181118_132651edit.jpg

S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20181118_132655edit.jpg

S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20181118_132656edit.jpg

For the forensic experts among us, this is the picture of the rear. Car was never rear ended any time for the above to occur.
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20181118_132726editedit.jpg

I can only wonder in the event of a rear ending what could be the scenario, seriously disappointed!!
laluks is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 26th January 2019, 21:24   #249
Senior - BHPian

Kungfu Panda gets a fancy milestone

S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20181231_142055edit.jpg

By the way, this is how we arrest rattles

S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20181106_093405edit.jpg

My kid wanted a canvas for her boredom, hence Chrome blackening project happened!!

S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20181226_121228editedit.jpg

S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20181226_121243editedit.jpg

Nowadays Wifey uses the car mostly, since I keep traveling on work

S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20190106_102510edit.jpg

JK tyres have almost reached its end. Since I was happy with Good Year Excellence on my Civic, got 4 from amazon when the sale was on. I got October 2018 tires at 4600 a piece during the sales, so it landed up at home. Probably after a home run it gets changed. Meanwhile the cardboard box below the tires has the fifth alloy.

Waiting for next change

S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20190126_102737edit.jpg
laluks is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th January 2019, 21:45   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
[b]
JK tyres have almost reached its end. Since I was happy with Good Year Excellence on my Civic, got 4 from amazon when the sale was on. I got October 2018 tires at 4600 a piece during the sales, so it landed up at home. Probably after a home run it gets changed. Meanwhile the cardboard box below the tires has the fifth alloy.

Waiting for next change

Attachment 1841537
Hello sir, this car seems to be a lemon with so many build issues. I thought you will look for its replacement soon but with that new alloy and tires, it seems Kungfu Panda is set to receive some more TLC.

Hope the issues end here and road ahead is smooth.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2019, 21:50   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Hello sir, this car seems to be a lemon with so many build issues. I thought you will look for its replacement soon but with that new alloy and tires, it seems Kungfu Panda is set to receive some more TLC.

Hope the issues end here and road ahead is smooth.
When you define your roads, it will have a definite way out. Currently the car is for airport runs, and city stuffs.

Replacement - Maruti?? Why do we even think that side? BTW, Scross is nowadays going with a sweet discount. Do I need to say anymore??

New car for me, the search is on. Will it be AB123 or AB12 is the only question at the moment.

Last edited by laluks : 26th January 2019 at 21:58.
laluks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 17:58   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
New car for me, the search is on. Will it be AB123 or AB12 is the only question at the moment.
Aah Laluks sir I can see an updated signature with a reference to some fort . Is it true? Have you got yourself the mighty Toyota

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 23rd March 2019 at 17:59.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 19:38   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Aah Laluks sir I can see an updated signature with a reference to some fort . Is it true? Have you got yourself the mighty Toyota
Well that was kept under the wraps, now that it will start doing duty, thought it better to let the cat out . Nobody noticed it so far I guess, now that you ask...

Kungfu Panda Sr. in the family
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_2461editedit.jpg
laluks is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 19:46   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now THAT is a proper SUV..which will make you forget those wimpy soft(ie) roaders. Congratulations @laluks Panda Sr. looks awesome.
R2D2 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 11:30   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Congratualations laluks sir . It looks like for an Scross owner, "T" badge is inevitable as a next upgrade... whether its T-Fort or T-JTP (just read Mi10's thread)

Looking forward to hear more about the Kungfu Panda Sr.
Keynote is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks