Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2017, 19:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Extended Warranty
I have purchased the 5 years 1Lakh Kms warranty.

I took the car 1 day before 5 year warranty was announced. So the car was invoiced with 4 years extended warranty. It took three weeks for NEXA Dealership to get the stuff sorted in Maruti Document Management System to issue me the 5 year plan. It was funny following that up.

Tax Deduction Certificate.
Now I am awaiting the TCS certificate for claiming the advance tax paid. I am told it will be given to me in three months. Three months? It should come the moment they pay it to Income Tax Department. Anyways giving them benefit of doubt, that they pay together for this quarter. I f I don't see it in my IT report by Jan, I will raise a serious stink.

Invoice
For the Civic I got an invoice stating car invoice value, road tax, insurance, extras mentioning the actual on road price I have spent. But NEXA gave just the invoice value of the car. I did not like it. They finally gave me a printout of all the money taken from me in a screenshot from tally. I really don't like this

Since this national engine is in multiple cars, and on a highway if all of them or some of them try to make a catch-up and racing game with you, you need to keep your ego away. Don't be under the impression that an expensive car is faster than it's less expensive siblings.

A very different approach and coexistence would help you in your ownership and happiness with the SCross.

Having said this, any car you own, it's always a good driver that ultimately enjoys the drive, irrespective of the car.

Be warned.

Last edited by GTO : 1st December 2017 at 10:00. Reason: Merging :)
laluks is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 10:05   #17
Team-BHP Support

re: S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 10:38   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Lalu for a nice & crisp review of Kung-fu Panda! What an apt name for a heavier of all the Maruti line-up .

As I had said, your decision to pick the next car of your choice has been one the quickest I have seen. You asked, you were given choices with Pros and Cons and we suddenly see the picture of your new car.

Coming to the car itself - Undoubtedly it is the best among all cars from the MS stable today; Ride quality or Build, both win hands down.

Last year a colleague shopping to upgrade his first gen petrol i20 contemplated Ciaz, Brezza & almost finalized the Baleno Automatic that on the same day we also TD'd the S-Cross 1.3 for him and to make sure that he's experiencing the best out of it, I ensured we do a longer TD and took NICE road from EC to Kanakpura road and back - A test for highway run along with a test of ride quality (You know how uneven NICE Road usually remains) on the same road! That was probably the only time I drove the S-Cross one way and I liked almost everything about it, especially the ride and handling.

We were 3 colleagues and the show room staff and we did hit some good speeds with ease and I felt more at home (Coming from my own experience of owning another one with the 1.3 MJD). So I was sure what I didnt have to to crib about this being underpowered because experience had taught me not just to live with it but to know where and how to extract what it had to offer. I am sure in coming days you too would be saying the same and with no regrets.

Oh yes, and he is a proud owner of the first gen Blue 1.3 S-Cross since a year now! So from Ciaz to Brezza to Baleno to finally the S-Cross 1.3. Since then, he's made quite a few regular trips to Pondicherry and intends to make one to his home state hugging the east cost (Odisha) soon.

Again, if there was 1.6 available today in the new avatar as the 1.3 S-Cross, It was no doubt that you would have ended up picking that one.

Getting out of slush, Ramp climbs with stop and move under full load - Something where you will initially get surprised (or perturbed) because that is exactly how the 1.3 MJD behaves but then it would be a matter of time before you learnt to master this too and never say it can't even do so much? Because it can still very well do.

Wish you all good luck and some lovely mile crunching. I hope to see threads, especially travelogues with your usual signature prefix from now on regular basis now.

Last edited by paragsachania : 30th November 2017 at 10:41.
paragsachania is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 10:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Huge Panel gaps
Attachment 1700545

Attachment 1700546

Attachment 1700538

Attachment 1700539

All this had one thing in common. The gaps are where there is a moving part. In the headlamps case the bonnet and in the tail lamps case the boot lid. Probably they could have reduced the gaps by some rubber insert or so. But anyways we live with it.

But I was annoyed with the seat height adjuster lever
Attachment 1700536

Pathetic plastic and looks like it will come off immediately
Attachment 1700537
The bonnet gap can be minimised by screwing in the rubber bush that supports the bonnet when closed if the front grille of scross and doesn't foul when lowered. If its about 2mm lower the bonnet edge would line up with fender edge. The rubber bush is adjustable by design for this purpose. Not sure if its worth doing once we get used to it, just saying. The same can be done for the rear hatch too, if i recall correctly. If too much correction is required lock also needs to be adjusted, else it would rattle.

Quote:

Exide Conservo battery for the Smart Hybrid system needs

Attachment 1700555

Attachment 1700556
Custom exide battery for SHVS with more cold cranking amps (CCA)?

Quote:
Some more pictures from the trip

Few Pictures from Meghamalai

Attachment 1700747

Attachment 1700745

Road conditions
Attachment 1700742

Attachment 1700743

Attachment 1700744

Attachment 1700746

At our Bungalow in Meghamalai
Attachment 1700748

Attachment 1700749

SCross gets its second bath, a grand one at that
Attachment 1700750

SCross loved these roads
Attachment 1700751
Meghamalai looks so serene! Must visit
Sankar is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 10:47   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations laluks on the new car. I best Maruti on sale right now IMO.
The ownership was really delayed considering how quickly you bought it home!!!

How I wish they had the 1.6 too. Anyway it's for another day, another thread. Wish you a lot of niggle-free miles.

The last point in the Dislikes section...
hemanth.anand is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 10:52   #21
BHPian

Excellent and detailed review of the updated Scross ! I guess the major point that was driven home by your review, is that the Scross 1.3 is no slouch and we can live with it comfortably.
NFS2024 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 11:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Wow, congrats and the car looks really genuine and decent ! I saw a blue one next to a blue X3 and the front portion side view have the same kind of stance to me.

I hope they put the 1.5L diesel to motivate me enough to buy this car.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 11:42   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent review.

You need to experience the S Cross drive in different road conditions to draw conclusions and that is exactly what your review does.

Looks though are subjective it does grow once you admire the capabilities of the car, especially in city commute be it the ride quality, light clutch or its FE.

Wish you all good luck and a great ownership with the S Cross!
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 11:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Congrats Lalu for a nice & crisp review of Kung-fu Panda! What an apt name for a heavier of all the Maruti line-up .
Thanks Parag.
Kungfu Panda it is. Heavier and with a lot of inner peace

Quote:
As I had said, your decision to pick the next car of your choice has been one the quickest I have seen. You asked, you were given choices with Pros and Cons and we suddenly see the picture of your new car.
Once all the information was available, then I did not want to just hang around without a decision. Then the month end targets at SBI and NEXA worked in my favor. I think ampere was telling it was faster than even deciding on a TShirt .

Quote:
Coming to the car itself - Undoubtedly it is the best among all cars from the MS stable today; Ride quality or Build, both win hands down.

Last year a colleague shopping to upgrade his first gen petrol i20 contemplated Ciaz, Brezza & almost finalized the Baleno Automatic that on the same day we also TD'd the S-Cross 1.3 for him and to make sure that he's experiencing the best out of it, I ensured we do a longer TD and took NICE road from EC to Kanakpura road and back - A test for highway run along with a test of ride quality (You know how uneven NICE Road usually remains) on the same road! That was probably the only time I drove the S-Cross one way and I liked almost everything about it, especially the ride and handling.

We were 3 colleagues and the show room staff and we did hit some good speeds with ease and I felt more at home (Coming from my own experience of owning another one with the 1.3 MJD). So I was sure what I didnt have to to crib about this being underpowered because experience had taught me not just to live with it but to know where and how to extract what it had to offer. I am sure in coming days you too would be saying the same and with no regrets.

Oh yes, and he is a proud owner of the first gen Blue 1.3 S-Cross since a year now! So from Ciaz to Brezza to Baleno to finally the S-Cross 1.3. Since then, he's made quite a few regular trips to Pondicherry and intends to make one to his home state hugging the east cost (Odisha) soon.
When I was looking for the Civic, many people going by the GC figures discouraged me. Many spoke about low end torque, I really did not know what that was, all I knew was I loved the car and wanted it. I picked up Civic without even a TD. Had I have gone by those words, I would have missed my 11 years of happiness.

Had I have just gone by hear say, it would have been a miss for me. While in TD I found it all very well in my liking to pick it up.

Wishing your friend a lots of happy miles ahead.

Quote:
Again, if there was 1.6 available today in the new avatar as the 1.3 S-Cross, It was no doubt that you would have ended up picking that one.
No Parag. I wouldn't have picked up a 1.6. My people wanted me to drive a car which doesn't allow me to do "stunts", even if I try. Civvy days have created enough impressions, unfortunately.

Quote:
Getting out of slush, Ramp climbs with stop and move under full load - Something where you will initially get surprised (or perturbed) because that is exactly how the 1.3 MJD behaves but then it would be a matter of time before you learnt to master this too and never say it can't even do so much? Because it can still very well do.
It needed some getting used to, me being a petrol guy. Yes, 1.3MJD is a work monster. He does his work with out much fan fare nor bragging. You want it you get it is its philosophy. What else do we need.

Quote:
Wish you all good luck and some lovely mile crunching. I hope to see threads, especially travelogues with your usual signature prefix from now on regular basis now.
Thanks Parag again.
A thread on Meghamalai and Yercaud is in the works. Will come up soon.
laluks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 12:00   #25
BHPian

Congratulations lakus and a very detailed review. Your review address the question which every prospective Scross buyer has in his mind and that it how this national engine is going pull this heavy kunfu panda. I also took TD and was worried about low end torque and how it will perform when it will be loaded with 5 people and luggage. Coming from a Alto background, I want something which is better in initial acceleration when loaded and AC turned ON. Your review makes it clear that its a practical family car with lots of space with good ride and handling.
findviru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 12:10   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats!! Nice Review.
Quote:
They felt the dashboard is like a dead butterfly with wings expanded stuck to the windscreen.
This line about premium interiors of Creta

Good to hear about adequate output from new led projectors. How is the high beam? I have observed that low beam was very good in led projectors (Dzire & Ignis). Anyways it's a huge improvement over 25W HID system in previous model.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 30th November 2017 at 12:14.
Dr.Naren is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 12:10   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations, Lalu, on a wonderful acquisition in the 2017 S-Cross! Rated your wonderful report a full 5-stars.

I loved all the pics with the white car in the foreground with the hills & greenery backdrop of Meghamalai. Absolutely gorgeous! Eagerly waiting for your travelogue thread now.

The S-Cross is a practical, no-fuss, no-nonsense car. Equipped with the tried & tested 1.3L MJD (nee DDiS) and the "S" badge, it's one of those offerings which is reliable and should serve you well in the long run.

Just remember what I said in our D-to-D discussion - take it easy with this Suzuki and don't scare the pants off the other highway travelers, like you used to do (and are still doing!) with the Civvy!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 30th November 2017 at 12:11.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 12:14   #28
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Lalu! Well-written review, really enjoyed reading.

This probably is the only tank sold by Maruti (err… this is a Suzuki) in India. And wonder why they didn’t advertise that feature – Panel gaps!

And on the comparison with the Honda – in the Civic you hit 100 it will make you know that you’re actually hitting 100 whereas the S-Cross masks the speed very well; taking the tag of understated elegance a bit too seriously

Last edited by vb-saan : 30th November 2017 at 12:17.
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 12:25   #29
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Mr Panda! I love this car, it is a no nonsense practical car like the dushter 4x4.

Quote:
White and Black cladding is apt for my Kungfu Panda. Probably its just me
Not really i also think white is the best, next to the silver for this car!

Quote:
[b]
Android Play / Apple Car play - What is that? I don't need it. I consider that as a distraction.
Quote:
6. All stuff shared from lower siblings, feels funny!! Same infotainment, same interior lights, same window switches, etc.
Does it come with Androdi Auto or not? If it does, try it. I had the same apprehensions earlier, but after first few hours it became more like a necessity on the Endy! Even my bro who is usually not very big fan of these tech's is now hooked on to Android auto. He uses the car like an office, so much so that the smaller Polo that is supposed to do the city duty is parked idle most often
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 12:35   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
The bonnet gap can be minimised by screwing in the rubber bush that supports the bonnet when closed if the front grille of scross and doesn't foul when lowered. If its about 2mm lower the bonnet edge would line up with fender edge. The rubber bush is adjustable by design for this purpose. Not sure if its worth doing once we get used to it, just saying. The same can be done for the rear hatch too, if i recall correctly. If too much correction is required lock also needs to be adjusted, else it would rattle.
Thanks Sankar. That's a good hint, let me try playing around with that rubber bush.

Quote:
Custom exide battery for SHVS with more cold cranking amps (CCA)?
Seems like that. But that again sets me to think, will this restrict me in picking up any good battery if it gets dead on my drives. Well, only solace is some Maruti ASCs will be nearby.

Quote:
Meghamalai looks so serene! Must visit
Yes Indeed. You must visit Megahamalai now. They are getting the roads done, then peaceful affair will all end for sure.
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks