Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2017, 12:48   #31
BHPian

Congrats Laluks on your new car.

Very well written review and the likes/dislikes are spot on. Especially the last point in the dislikes section..

I had booked a Blue SC around the same time as you did and am still waiting for the car to be delivered. After reading your review, my impatience is starting to reach new levels.
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 13:12   #32
Senior - BHPian

re: S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Excellent and detailed review of the updated Scross ! I guess the major point that was driven home by your review, is that the Scross 1.3 is no slouch and we can live with it comfortably.
Thanks man.
Indeed it is. You can live with it, no doubts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Wow, congrats and the car looks really genuine and decent ! I saw a blue one next to a blue X3 and the front portion side view have the same kind of stance to me.

I hope they put the 1.5L diesel to motivate me enough to buy this car.
1.5 might come in the next years, with more bells, whistles and costs. I think they will give you an AWD with sunroof, if wishes were horses...In the next three years all the cars in competition would have increased offset by 2 lakhs, and that is good enough for Maruti to bring in their facelift and new engine variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Excellent review.

You need to experience the S Cross drive in different road conditions to draw conclusions and that is exactly what your review does.

Looks though are subjective it does grow once you admire the capabilities of the car, especially in city commute be it the ride quality, light clutch or its FE.

Wish you all good luck and a great ownership with the S Cross!
Thanks Volkman. SCross needs to be experienced to love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by findviru View Post
Congratulations lakus and a very detailed review. Your review address the question which every prospective Scross buyer has in his mind and that it how this national engine is going pull this heavy kunfu panda. I also took TD and was worried about low end torque and how it will perform when it will be loaded with 5 people and luggage. Coming from a Alto background, I want something which is better in initial acceleration when loaded and AC turned ON. Your review makes it clear that its a practical family car with lots of space with good ride and handling.
This is a practical family car. no doubt. But there is a certain amount of getting to understand its capabilities and sweet spots. Then there is no stopping you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Congrats!! Nice Review.

Good to hear about adequate output from new led projectors. How is the high beam? I have observed that low beam was very good in led projectors (Dzire & Ignis). Anyways it's a huge improvement over 25W HID system in previous model.
Light from the LEDs, was good. Don't know how to state it, I would need some pictures. On the highway the brights when switched on easily could have lit up half a kilometer ahead or more. We need the pictures, let me get some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Congrats Laluks on your new car.

Very well written review and the likes/dislikes are spot on. Especially the last point in the dislikes section..

I had booked a Blue SC around the same time as you did and am still waiting for the car to be delivered. After reading your review, my impatience is starting to reach new levels.
Last point on the dislikes is my biggest dislike.

When I was about to get me a Civic 10 years back, there were many dislike and haters for its GC and practically they have written of the car. 11 years ahead, today when I look at it, I enjoyed Civic and the naysayers, moved on to saying something about some other car, and most of them still are searching for their dream cars

Blue SC. Congrats. Variant? When is the expected delivery date?
laluks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 13:40   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Congratulations laluks on the new car. I best Maruti on sale right now IMO.
Thanks Hemanth. I like the build and feel of the car.

Quote:
The ownership was really delayed considering how quickly you bought it home!!!
Yes. Yes. I know. I think I surprised all of you.

Quote:
How I wish they had the 1.6 too. Anyway it's for another day, another thread. Wish you a lot of niggle-free miles.
Wish they will bring 1.6L back for you guys. For me its another story, you know.

Quote:
The last point in the Dislikes section...
Sorry I could not handle it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Congratulations, Lalu, on a wonderful acquisition in the 2017 S-Cross! Rated your wonderful report a full 5-stars.
Thanks Avinash

Quote:
I loved all the pics with the white car in the foreground with the hills & greenery backdrop of Meghamalai. Absolutely gorgeous! Eagerly waiting for your travelogue thread now.
The travelogue is in the works. Probably in the next week or so I will complete. This weekend some commitments, so next week.

Quote:
The S-Cross is a practical, no-fuss, no-nonsense car. Equipped with the tried & tested 1.3L MJD (nee DDiS) and the "S" badge, it's one of those offerings which is reliable and should serve you well in the long run.
100%. Practically tested engine in all possible conditions, altitudes and terrains. One of the reason was this unmatched reliability, and easy availability of parts and costs.

Quote:
Just remember what I said in our D-to-D discussion - take it easy with this Suzuki and don't scare the pants off the other highway travelers, like you used to do (and are still doing!) with the Civvy!
I am now wondering whether you got to see me enjoying Civvy. My Kungfu Panda already gave another SC a run for its money. But that's top secret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Congratulations Lalu! Well-written review, really enjoyed reading.
Thanks vb

Quote:
This probably is the only tank sold by Maruti (err… this is a Suzuki) in India. And wonder why they didn’t advertise that feature – Panel gaps!
OK Ok. No more Maruti. Suzuki S Cross. Panel gaps, let me try the advice from Sankar

Quote:
And on the comparison with the Honda – in the Civic you hit 100 it will make you know that you’re actually hitting 100 whereas the S-Cross masks the speed very well; taking the tag of understated elegance a bit too seriously
In Civic, my kiddies used to say after looking at the digital speedo. Probably Honda should have removed the 1 from 1XX from the speedo, since when dadu drives that 1 is always lit up and we don't feel that its XX over 100.

Kungfu Panda is all about understated elegance and inner peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Congratulations Mr Panda! I love this car, it is a no nonsense practical car like the dushter 4x4.
Thanks Jaggu. Our CNEHS guys will say PM buys a Panda. Don't tell them just yet.

Quote:
Not really i also think white is the best, next to the silver for this car!
I like white and black. Would be on the look out for a silver to click some pics

Quote:
Does it come with Androdi Auto or not? If it does, try it. I had the same apprehensions earlier, but after first few hours it became more like a necessity on the Endy! Even my bro who is usually not very big fan of these tech's is now hooked on to Android auto. He uses the car like an office, so much so that the smaller Polo that is supposed to do the city duty is parked idle most often
It comes with Android Auto. I tried with my OP5. I was annoyed at some setups and stuffs. I lost patience and left it. Now that you say it will try some experiments. BTW the infotainment system is supplied by us, so is the SHVS system .
laluks is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 14:07   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post

Last point on the dislikes is my biggest dislike.

When I was about to get me a Civic 10 years back, there were many dislike and haters for its GC and practically they have written of the car. 11 years ahead, today when I look at it, I enjoyed Civic and the naysayers, moved on to saying something about some other car, and most of them still are searching for their dream cars

Blue SC. Congrats. Variant? When is the expected delivery date?

Thanks Lalu.. I have booked the Zeta variant and the car is tentatively expected next week.
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 14:25   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Now only one test remains, whats the top speed and high speed handling. Well that's not in this drive nor in the highways. And to still answer my mind a climb via Masinagudi to Ooty is also planned, though I am sure SCross will win that hands down.
Quote:
SCross seems to be an underdog upsetting the contest.
Also the driver seat started squeaking and creaking like some springs gone mad. I asked the service guys to torque the seat bolts and nuts. But it is still persisting. Will keep a watch till second service. When can Maruti give a niggle free ownership experience from day 1? It's no different from our Swift 10 years ago
Congrats on the new S-Cross @laluks, this was a lovely review and I enjoyed reading it.

The S-Cross is totally planted and stable at speeds well north of legal - if and when you do the high speed handling test, please do update us. I am especially curious about the new JK tyres - the older S-Cross came shod with Elanzo's that gave zero confidence at higher speeds. Hence most of us upgraded to Conti/Michelin/Yoko/et al straight out of the showroom.
However, you cannot expect the "seat of the pants" feeling as you would with your Civic or Swift. Driving the S-Cross is more like an instrumented approach to flying while your Civic/Swift are old fashioned "stick-and-rudder" flying. Hope you enjoy the difference!

Yes, the S-Cross is an underdog. You might totally relate to this from the Autocar UK review:
Quote:
We all know someone like the Suzuki SX4 S-Cross. Someone who just goes quietly about their business, doing their best to attract very little in the way of attention while rubbing along easily with everybody.
Remarkable in no way at all, until one day you notice they’re extraordinarily skilled at something.
Driver's seat squeaking on this car isn't a bug - it is a feature. Almost all S-Cross owners I have interacted with (including me) have had this issue. I simply did not bother getting it fixed. It can't be. Like the Swift's rattles, one just learns to live with it, I guess.

Happy mile munching. This car is for keeps.
KiloAlpha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 16:48   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on both the car and the thread.

Beautifully written and illustrated!
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 17:17   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Tax Deduction Certificate.
Now I am awaiting the TCS certificate for claiming the advance tax paid. I am told it will be given to me in three months. Three months? It should come the moment they pay it to Income Tax Department. Anyways giving them benefit of doubt, that they pay together for this quarter. I f I don't see it in my IT report by Jan, I will raise a serious stink.
Congratulations! A very nicely written impressions of S-Cross which surely is a very under rated car. After reading your review, I am recommending this car to my cousin who is planning a new buy.

You will get TDS certificate only after TDS return for that quarter is filed by the dealer and due date for that is 15th January for Q3. So you should get it by 3rd week of January at earliest.
rutvij is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 19:31   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Thanks Lalu.. I have booked the Zeta variant and the car is tentatively expected next week.
Upload a truck load of photos once you get him

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Congrats on the new S-Cross @laluks, this was a lovely review and I enjoyed reading it.
Thanks KiloAlpha

Quote:
The S-Cross is totally planted and stable at speeds well north of legal - if and when you do the high speed handling test, please do update us. I am especially curious about the new JK tyres - the older S-Cross came shod with Elanzo's that gave zero confidence at higher speeds. Hence most of us upgraded to Conti/Michelin/Yoko/et al straight out of the showroom.
However, you cannot expect the "seat of the pants" feeling as you would with your Civic or Swift. Driving the S-Cross is more like an instrumented approach to flying while your Civic/Swift are old fashioned "stick-and-rudder" flying. Hope you enjoy the difference!
JK UXRoyals, seems to be good in my views. I did try some speeds, and JKs kept cool. Not much noise also. Once I complete that high speed tests I will update.

For Civic it was get in start, get set go and you are hidden some where far far away. I particularly used to like seeing the car behind become so tiny and invisible from the rear view mirror in seconds .

Now with the SC no slingshots like that, this car is not for that kind of fun, but definitely once this guy picks up speed, boy he picks it up in style with no sweat.

Quote:
Yes, the S-Cross is an underdog. You might totally relate to this from the Autocar UK review:
Exactly, they stole my words completely

Quote:
Driver's seat squeaking on this car isn't a bug - it is a feature. Almost all S-Cross owners I have interacted with (including me) have had this issue. I simply did not bother getting it fixed. It can't be. Like the Swift's rattles, one just learns to live with it, I guess.
Ha Ha. Then I will try to live with the feature. But let me try isolate it and see if something really works. I will give it up after a fight. Wish me luck.

Quote:
Happy mile munching. This car is for keeps.
Thanks man. Yes need to munch more miles and wish SC ages well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Congratulations on both the car and the thread.

Beautifully written and illustrated!
Thanks Thad. I would not have written it this way, but since you inspired me with the family buys a car story post, I gave it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Congratulations! A very nicely written impressions of S-Cross which surely is a very under rated car. After reading your review, I am recommending this car to my cousin who is planning a new buy.

You will get TDS certificate only after TDS return for that quarter is filed by the dealer and due date for that is 15th January for Q3. So you should get it by 3rd week of January at earliest.
Hope your cousin likes it. Ask him to do an extensive test drive to check if he likes SC.

Thanks for the info regarding TDS certificate. I will give them time till mid January then.
Old 30th November 2017, 19:47   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Lalu. An excellent ownership report in such quick time. Your writing is as fast as your purchase process.

Wish you many miles of happiness and joy.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 20:35   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Thad. I would not have written it this way, but since you inspired me with the family buys a car story post, I gave it a try.
I'm honoured! But only suggested it because you were telling it like that so well already
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 20:46   #41
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Lalu on the new S-Cross acquisition.

Wishing you miles of safe and enjoyable drives with smiles

I'd suggested you do some TDs on hilly roads/inclines in and around Bangalore but you being a pure petrolhead (now dieselhead ?) did a real world test with a drive to Kodaikanal & Meghamalai

After years of Swifted and Civved travelogues, we now look forward to SCross'd travelogues on the forum.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 23:20   #42
BHPian

Quote:
2017 S-Cross comes home on 31.10.2017.
SCross'd
Hearty Congratulations Lauks Sir, you've got yourself a very practical crossover based on the priorities listed down by your loved ones.
A very well written report that will be of immense help to all prospective buyers. Here's wishing you miles of happiness and peace of mind with the Kung fu Panda

Rated a well deserved 5 stars.
Keynote is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 23:58   #43
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations laluks. Wishing you many happy miles with the car. The savings, when compared to a petrol sedan, will be huge.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 00:29   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
The savings, when compared to a petrol sedan, will be huge.
As will be the low-revs diesel torque, climbing those hills
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 07:57   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sankar. That's a good hint, let me try playing around with that rubber bush.

Seems like that. But that again sets me to think, will this restrict me in picking up any good battery if it gets dead on my drives. Well, only solace is some Maruti ASCs will be nearby.
See the picture I have marked the bushes. The one marked in red is definitely adjustable. Please check if the ones marked in yellow are also adjustable. I did this in both Swifts as the bonnet was sitting a bit up for my liking. The rear hatch bush might be on the hatch itself and not the body, please check.
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-marutisuzukiscrossfaceliftenginebay108544.jpg
Since you are driving with SHVS off when it comes to replacement you can buy one from outside? But anyway I think SHVS compatible aftermarket batteries may soon be available if they are not already.

Last edited by Sankar : 1st December 2017 at 08:01.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks