Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2018, 12:52   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!

Finally a tankful in Bangalore's bumper to bumper traffic. Fuel Efficiency says 13.44 KM/L. I am not happy. Civic gives 10 KM/L in this maddening traffic. So in city not much of break through as expected in mileage. I expected north of 15 at least .

So with price difference narrowing down between a litre of petrol and diesel, this seems to be not so wise choice if fully used in City. Petrol would eventually pollute less, and will be lighter on your pocket on maintenance.

Highways it was north of 17 KM/L with max till date 19.19 KM/L.

OK, its just 5000 on ODO, probably settling in still ??

The driver seat is squeaking like crazy. Is there no solution to this Maruti ?

laluks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 12:55   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
No permanent solution. This is normal in S-Cross . Push the car hard on corners and I always get this squeaking sound. This is present when driving normally also.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 13:19   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally a tankful in Bangalore's bumper to bumper traffic. Fuel Efficiency says 13.44 KM/L. I am not happy. Civic gives 10 KM/L in this maddening traffic. So in city not much of break through as expected in mileage. I expected north of 15 at least .

So with price difference narrowing down between a litre of petrol and diesel, this seems to be not so wise choice if fully used in City. Petrol would eventually pollute less, and will be lighter on your pocket on maintenance.

Highways it was north of 17 KM/L with max till date 19.19 KM/L.

OK, its just 5000 on ODO, probably settling in still ??
The exact same thoughts I had when I came from a petrol to a diesel.

I came from a car that used to give me 10kmpl if I was light on the gas pedal, to a Aspire diesel that never goes above 15 kmpl in city. Blame it on my heavy right foot at times too.
On highways, it was a max of 18kmpl again my foot to be blamed.
I don't think too much about it and also driving in low rpms will clog the intake faster than usual since that is were EGR works at its peak.

So most of times I am in high revs which is a win-win situation any way you look at it in comparison to a petrol.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 11:01   #94
BHPian

Quote:
First of all congratulations on the S-cross & the brilliant review. S-cross was a contender when we bought our Ecosport Titanium + in 2016, the only thing going against her was the 1.3 ddis engine (we previously had a Punto MJD). The 1.6 was no longer produced in the base variant & the higher variants were out of our budget.

In bumper to bumper traffic 13.44 kmpl is a good figure if you ask me. Our Punto MJD used to deliver between 13-14 kmpl in city conditions (average speed in the low 20s) & now the Ecosport delivers 14-15 kmpl in the same cycle. Civic giving 10 kmpl in bumper to bumper traffic with a 1.8 liter engine is also a brilliant figure, I guess Honda is a master when it comes to tuning petrol engines.

For the record our 01 ZEN mpfi delivers around 12 kmpl in city conditions & my cousin's Fiesta 1.6 fuel efficiency is around 9-10 kmpl. All of these FE figures are with 100 % AC & we tend to idle at traffic signals with the AC running. We have a annual running in excess of 20k km, so for us Diesel does makes sense even with the narrowing price difference between diesel & petrol. If we had bought the ecoboost, I think the mileage that we might have got would have been have around 10-11 kmpl (slightly better than the Fiesta 1.6).

Last edited by chiranjitp : 24th January 2018 at 11:02.
chiranjitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 11:46   #95
BHPian

In June July of 2016, when I was car shopping, I did visit the NEXA showroom to see the Scross. I was on the look out for a diesel automatic and nothing else. I came out of the showroom, extremely dejected that the Scross did not have a 1.6 in automatic. The Scross perfectly met my requirements, except the first one, hence with a heavy heart had to reject it. My next option was the Ertiga, that too had to be rejected due to the unavailability of a diesel automatic.

Ultimately settled for a Dzire Diesel AGS (AMT).
ALTIMAed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2018, 12:00   #96
Senior - BHPian

Mean while for the critics, haters, lovers of SCross, some more fun for you guys

S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20180124_102046editedit.jpg

S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20180124_102025editedit.jpg
laluks is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 20:44   #97
Senior - BHPian

Our poor guy reached 5K, a happy milestone without much fanfare.
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20180126_183324edit.jpg

Meanwhile the the love hate relationship is evident
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-01.png
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-02.png

I am loving the hate, bring it on guys
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-03.png
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-04.png

Probably I should buy a Tesla to get some pat on the back, and for that ultimate push in the wherever feel

Last edited by laluks : 26th January 2018 at 21:06.
laluks is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th January 2018, 12:22   #98
Senior - BHPian

4 days of holidays. Starting with a Karnataka Bandh, Republic Day and the weekend. Our guy stayed put. No drives, No long drives. I was busy making wines from the fruits in our orchard

Gave a wash, and here's Kungfu Panda gleaming and dreaming for a drive

S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20180128_112828editedit.jpg

S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20180128_112858editedit.jpg
laluks is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 09:27   #99
Senior - BHPian

I think the hate is due to looks. Maybe a honey comb grill could change the opinion of people. e.g like this.

Why do you keep the SVHS thingy off? Maybe that is why you are not getting the expected mileage in dense traffic.I noticed the Panda is parked in it's natural habitat and not in the driveway .

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 29th January 2018 at 09:33.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 09:59   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I think the hate is due to looks. Maybe a honey comb grill could change the opinion of people. e.g like this.

Why do you keep the SVHS thingy off? Maybe that is why you are not getting the expected mileage in dense traffic.I noticed the Panda is parked in it's natural habitat and not in the driveway .
No, No. The hate is for the 1.3L national engine, which everybody feels cannot do duty in this car. For me it works in whichever way I need it.

Using is believing. Trust me, it comes from a civic owner, you know what that means. You know for a fact the ground clearance of Civic never bothered me, even though the masses were dead against the car. Rest is history, 11 years of excitement.

Yes, slingshots are sorely missed, but do you do that every day, every now and then ?

Regarding SVHS, only the auto start stop is switched off. Rest is all functional, including the generator and motor.

Drive way is taken over by Civvy

Last edited by laluks : 29th January 2018 at 10:03.
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 10:07   #101
Senior - BHPian

I think the front of the new SCross is far better than that of the EcoSport. But, Scross loses the game on the rear side.

Regarding look haters, there are a plenty! One girl in my company who drives a 800 cc Alto hates SCross. So there is no particular class or segment that hates SCross. She said that I should have bought a better car with 11 lakhs INR. When I asked her to define better, she said Creta looks better.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 10:59   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I think the front of the new SCross is far better than that of the EcoSport. But, Scross loses the game on the rear side.

Regarding look haters, there are a plenty! One girl in my company who drives a 800 cc Alto hates SCross. So there is no particular class or segment that hates SCross. She said that I should have bought a better car with 11 lakhs INR. When I asked her to define better, she said Creta looks better.
I remember in 2007 when I took the Civic, every one at office, my close circle told me it was such a bad decision. The car scraps every other humps, potholes and to the extent that it was pointless to own it. To add to that the mileage of 8-12. Another downer was the low end torque they were harping about. I was not even sure since none of them would not even have test driven one, and goes by hear say. Today after 11 years, I still see them talking about many other cars without even having test driven the ones they are talking about. For me Civic was the best thing happened. While all of them were busily disagreeing with everything, I was having a fantastic time with my Civic. Ground clearance - No issue, Low end torque - who was at the low end?

With SCross, I have test driven it extensively for 2000Kms before I concluded all those being told are to be dismissed, since my use case had no issues with its current form. The guys who came with me for the drive while I tested SCross were extremely surprised.

Probably the driver mattered. The greatest excitement and surprise was when it gave a 1.6L a real run for its money in the tests. I cannot explain that here, I would be breaking many many rules

Looks are subjective though.

Overall its a practical usable car for all my needs.

Only grouse - SQUEAKING SEATS
laluks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 11:56   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By any chance the seat rubs against the center arm-rest as this would cause squeaks in my Civic?
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 12:04   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
By any chance the seat rubs against the center arm-rest as this would cause squeaks in my Civic?

I will check that angle out. But I doubt it.
It sounds mostly like the springs inside the foams scratching itself on compression.
Old 30th January 2018, 00:19   #105
BANNED

Quote:

Probably the driver mattered. The greatest excitement and surprise was when it gave a 1.6L a real run for its money in the tests. I cannot explain that here, I would be breaking many many rules
1.6 vs 1.3 what was the surprise? please share or atleast inbox me

When i tested brezza 1.3 city turbo lag was not much of a problem for me as many have said.
splitsecond is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks