Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2017, 10:04   #16
BHPian

Re: BayMax - Silky Silver Maruti Ignis Alpha 1.2L VVT

Congratulations on this cute little quirky hatch. How's the AMT version of the Ignis, did you check it out before buying the manual version?
Old 13th December 2017, 11:28   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
You talked about adjusting clutch - does Ignis P have hydraulic or cable clutch?
It's a cable clutch on the Ignis Petrol. The adjuster is actually in a very easily accessible place just near the shift linkages on the passenger side of the engine compartment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
Congratulations on this cute little quirky hatch. How's the AMT version of the Ignis, did you check it out before buying the manual version?
Thank you very much.
We were categorically looking at the Manual version only. Though, I did have the opportunity to try the auto. It's mechanically the same box with a controller each for the gearbox and clutch respectively. So drive performance and mileage is nearly identical. This is something I confirmed with a friend who has the automatic variant.
Old 13th December 2017, 12:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
So drive performance and mileage is nearly identical. This is something I confirmed with a friend who has the automatic variant.
Congratulations on the Ignis Alpha!! It sure is a peppy car and fun to drive!

However, I would say the the drive performance and mileage would be same on highway runs but in the city runs, the mileage does take a hit. This is because the AMT Module does the gear shifts only at 2000 rpm minimum. On inclines the gear shifts happen at an even higher rpm. Even if one changes to the manual mode, the AMT does not allow the gear shifts at lower rpms. I checked with Celerio owners and even they confirmed a similar limitation on the Celerio AMT as well at an even higher rpm...

You can check the ownership report of my Ignis Delta AMT here: URL
Old 13th December 2017, 12:15   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Congratulations on the Ignis Alpha!! It sure is a peppy car and fun to drive!

However, I would say the the drive performance and mileage would be same on highway runs but in the city runs, the mileage does take a hit. This is because the AMT Module does the gear shifts only at 2000 rpm minimum. On inclines the gear shifts happen at an even higher rpm. Even if one changes to the manual mode, the AMT does not allow the gear shifts at lower rpms. I checked with Celerio owners and even they confirmed a similar limitation on the Celerio AMT as well at an even higher rpm...

You can check the ownership report of my Ignis Delta AMT here: URL
I actually did read the entirety of your ownership thread; I found it extremely well written. But at that point we were looking at the S-Cross and I did not ask questions there. Oddly though I only shift at 3k in city. But second gear lets me putter around from idle so that probably is where the difference lies. Maybe we can connect and compare notes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Congrats. Ignis is a good city hatch. I found it pretty stable even on highways. Not to forget the brilliant 1.2L K series engine under the hood

We had a dead rat inside AC system in our old Alto K10. We could not live with that smell even after cleaning everything, it was there for few weeks. The dealer installed a small metal mesh later. This was under the wiper compartment panels.
Thanks Dr. Naren. I remember chewing your brain for the S-Cross plenty. Apologies in the late reply to your message. Now you know what happened here. Actually, I'd say it's better on the highway and more comfortable than it is in the city. We had a dying rat in the WagonR a couple years ago. I know what you mean!
Old 13th December 2017, 12:53   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Day 46 Give me the RM's number. RM is some ass hat called Dheeraj. We made multiple calls and texts; He has neither the decency nor the courtesy to answer a customer call or message. Still haven't got a call or an apology.
I remember some guy called Dheeraj in Nexa Mahadevpura who upfront said to me to pay 11k and stay silent for 6-7 months for a Baleno. I ended up waiting for a month, then went to a Hyundai and got a car within a week.

Nexa Banaswadi had one more guy called Rohit who was pretty insistent and chasing my Dad for a Ciaz and seemed pretty feasible. What you've mentioned is another example of Nexa's "Premium" service.

Congratulations on Baymax. Wish you a lot of happy miles. Please do update the thread at the different service intervals. And I hope you do get to watch the movie Big Hero 6, which has the original Baymax.
Old 13th December 2017, 13:04   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead148 View Post
I remember some guy called Dheeraj in Nexa Mahadevpura who upfront said to me to pay 11k and stay silent for 6-7 months for a Baleno. I ended up waiting for a month, then went to a Hyundai and got a car within a week.

Nexa Banaswadi had one more guy called Rohit who was pretty insistent and chasing my Dad for a Ciaz and seemed pretty feasible. What you've mentioned is another example of Nexa's "Premium" service.

Congratulations on Baymax. Wish you a lot of happy miles. Please do update the thread at the different service intervals. And I hope you do get to watch the movie Big Hero 6, which has the original Baymax.
It seems to me that this bullcrap with Nexa goes higher still. RM here is the Regional Manager. The dude who handles all the showrooms; the guy who the dealership owners and managers call when they need help or want to solve problems. The Banaswadi guy still has a previous gen S-Cross available for nearly 1L off the sticker price. Consider that. It was the car I was originally intent on purchasing!

my thanks! I will update it regularly... Also funny you should say that because ->
BayMax - Silky Silver Maruti Ignis Alpha 1.2L VVT-img_20171213_130115.jpg

BAYMAX!
valhallen.282 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2017, 13:14   #22
BHPian

Quote:
The Banaswadi guy still has a previous gen S-Cross available for nearly 1L off the sticker price.
I wonder if this is a 1.6 variant. An enthusiast might pick it up. And yes the Nexa rot is deeper than we're aware of. ROG_AK's car not getting serviced, often disgruntled users storming into Nexas (I saw a group of people from a village on the Mysore road argue with sales staff in Nexa JP Nagar recently over an S Cross) and now this gaffe. The Maruti Suzuki Arenas (that's what the regular showrooms are called) are much better.

Quote:
BAYMAX!
Hello I'm Baymax. Your personal healthcare assistant.
sleepyhead148 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2017, 13:24   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead148 View Post
I wonder if this is a 1.6 variant. An enthusiast might pick it up. And yes the Nexa rot is deeper than we're aware of. ROG_AK's car not getting serviced, often disgruntled users storming into Nexas (I saw a group of people from a village on the Mysore road argue with sales staff in Nexa JP Nagar recently over an S Cross) and now this gaffe. The Maruti Suzuki Arenas (that's what the regular showrooms are called) are much better.

Hello I'm Baymax. Your personal healthcare assistant.
No, it's a 1.3. They have one each of the Zeta and Alpha. The 1.6's were over a while ago. We also had a yelling and screaming match at the dealership. Partly because of the people there. Partly because of the delays. I guess there's a lot of growing up that needs to happen there.

Yes, BayMax is still chubby and cuddly at the end of the day; He also has warm hugs!
Old 13th December 2017, 14:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on Baymax and a well written review Val!

Before changing the tyres to 185, did you check the air pressure? When I took delivery of my Ignis the air pressure was between 45-50 in all four tyres, needless to say the ride was painful. After reducing it to the company recommended 36 front and 32 rear the ride quality is absolutely fine.

Any particular reason for keeping the air pressure at 34 front and 32 rear versus the company recommended 36-32?

Enjoy the cheeky little Babe

Cheers
Old 13th December 2017, 14:59   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Congratulations on Baymax and a well written review Val!

Before changing the tyres to 185, did you check the air pressure? When I took delivery of my Ignis the air pressure was between 45-50 in all four tyres, needless to say the ride was painful. After reducing it to the company recommended 36 front and 32 rear the ride quality is absolutely fine.

Any particular reason for keeping the air pressure at 34 front and 32 rear versus the company recommended 36-32?

Enjoy the cheeky little Babe

Cheers
Hello! Thank you!
I did actually check the pressures. First went to the petrol bunk to lower them and refuel the car to the top. It was running 36-33 at the time of the temple trip. I still find 36 to be a little too stiff on the front end. Lowering the pressure makes it a little less on stiffness but lends itself to a REALLY comfortable ride at least on the Yokohamas.
Old 15th December 2017, 11:01   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi, I had asked this question in Ignis review but no one answered. Can you please help?

1. Please take a snap of the location of puddle lamps present on doors and post it.
2. Also post the working, as in a night time snap.
3. Are they actually useful?

TIA
Old 15th December 2017, 14:21   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Hi, I had asked this question in Ignis review but no one answered. Can you please help?

1. Please take a snap of the location of puddle lamps present on doors and post it.
3. Are they actually useful?

TIA
Hello,
They are on the inner door cladding on the driver and passenger front door. Pictures are below. I'll post a snap later this evening. Yes, they are extremely useful. They don't illuminate as large an area as under ORVM puddle lamps do on other cars. But they offer sufficient width and throw of light.
BayMax - Silky Silver Maruti Ignis Alpha 1.2L VVT-img_20171215_141807.jpg

BayMax - Silky Silver Maruti Ignis Alpha 1.2L VVT-img_20171215_141819.jpg
valhallen.282 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 08:56   #28

Geez! you had to wait for 50 days to get a car delivered! awesome patience displayed.

I am surprised by the indecisiveness being shown in buying a car. I understand that we do multiple test drives before buying one but in this case you had decided the car, but then moved on to buy something else.

Congratulation on buying this rather quirky car. Hope it gives you a pleasurable driving experience.
Old 17th December 2017, 11:21   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeshsurroach View Post
Geez! you had to wait for 50 days to get a car delivered! awesome patience displayed.

I am surprised by the indecisiveness being shown in buying a car. I understand that we do multiple test drives before buying one but in this case you had decided the car, but then moved on to buy something else.

Congratulation on buying this rather quirky car. Hope it gives you a pleasurable driving experience.
Hahaha! There were a couple of reasons for this - primary being that this car is he second vehicle coming in with an open budget. Most people have a fixed and inflexible budget - which wasn't the case here. Another being that if you can get something well worth buying at a little bit if extra money - you should probably grab it. Provided it fits your requirements.

As for your other points. My thanks. Yes, it's extremely quirky to look at; but is an absolutely under appreciated and well built package. Everyday is something surprising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

TIA
Your answer to this point below.
BayMax - Silky Silver Maruti Ignis Alpha 1.2L VVT-img_20171217_014543.jpg
Old 19th December 2017, 01:26   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hi Val, in the Alpha variant the fog lamps have bulbs which emit a yellow light while all the other lights (DRL's and projectors) are white.

I want to change the bulbs in the fog lamps to white, any idea which bulbs would work? I did contact the Nexa people and they said it cannot be done

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks