Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2018, 11:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: First one on Team-BHP: Tata Tigor XZA (AMT)

On a related note, good to see Tigor becoming the number 2 selling Compact Sedan in the market, as per February 2018 sales figures.

This was always expected, being such a VFM product and a great looker, coupled with a frugal engine (both petrol and diesel), overtaking Xcent and Aspire in monthly sales is no mean feat.

Picture courtesy: Autopunditz

First one on Team-BHP: Tata Tigor XZA (AMT)-capture.jpg
DCEite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 22:53   #17
BHPian

Hello Dear Friends

Looking forward to buy Tigor AMT in Bangalore as Traffic situation is getting worse on Outer Ring Road

Any issues reported so far by owners

Dealers are giving 4 yrs Warranty + 2 Years AMC included along with free insurance

Please suggest anything to look out for
amarprusty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 20:52   #18
BHPian

Hi, how's your Tigor doing? Any niggles? How's the engine performing? Mileage?
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 23:39   #19
BHPian

Good choice. The design language of these TATA products e.g TATA Tiago, Tigor, Nexon et al in itself is attractive. These products distinguish themselves in the way they look , if compared to earlier TATA cars or from their compatriots.

In your case, as we compare your choice with Hyundai Xcent and Suzuki Dzire. The design of your car clearly gets the attention, whether you look from the front or back. Even if we were to bring someone who is not into cars and yet 'how the car looks' has a lot of bearing in his decision making , when it comes to buying cars. He 'll choose TATA Tigor, because the product differentiates itself from the other 2, especially in the way it looks. As a consequence of which, a good initial impression is set in the mind of the intended buyer. How the car looks from the inside, ride & handling etc comes later. However, when it comes to setting a good initial impression , TATA Tigor wins amongst the other 2.
ritedhawan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 15:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

Amazing review, was about to book Nexon AMT diesel, but after reading your review I decided to have a look at Tigor AMT, car impressed so much that I have decided to book it instead of Nexon, difference in price justifies the difference in monthly fuel bills!.

Will update once the car has been booked

This car will help me save lot of cash in the long run! difference in maintenance/Insurance is just HUGE.
giri1.8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2018, 16:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Hi, how's your Tigor doing? Any niggles? How's the engine performing? Mileage?
The Tigor has been largely trouble free, though i haven't clocked much miles on the car due to being out of country. The only niggle i can think of is the burning smell when car crosses 3k rpm or 80 kmph, although the smell has reduced considerably compared to what it was earlier.

On mileage front, it has been a mixed bag. On open roads and expressways/highways, the car returns brilliant figures, to the tune of 17-18 kmpl.

However in bumper to bumper traffic, specially when the car is idling for long in traffic jams, there is considerable drop in fuel efficiency, somewhat in the range of 9-10 kmpl. One point to note here is that the MID is optimistic by +3-4 kmpl for the Fuel efficiency meter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritedhawan View Post
Good choice. The design language of these TATA products e.g TATA Tiago, Tigor, Nexon et al in itself is attractive. These products distinguish themselves in the way they look , if compared to earlier TATA cars or from their compatriots.

In your case, as we compare your choice with Hyundai Xcent and Suzuki Dzire. The design of your car clearly gets the attention, whether you look from the front or back. Even if we were to bring someone who is not into cars and yet 'how the car looks' has a lot of bearing in his decision making , when it comes to buying cars. He 'll choose TATA Tigor, because the product differentiates itself from the other 2, especially in the way it looks. As a consequence of which, a good initial impression is set in the mind of the intended buyer. How the car looks from the inside, ride & handling etc comes later. However, when it comes to setting a good initial impression , TATA Tigor wins amongst the other 2.
True

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Amazing review, was about to book Nexon AMT diesel, but after reading your review I decided to have a look at Tigor AMT, car impressed so much that I have decided to book it instead of Nexon, difference in price justifies the difference in monthly fuel bills!.

Will update once the car has been booked

This car will help me save lot of cash in the long run! difference in maintenance/Insurance is just HUGE.
Glad my review was helpful for your purchase decision!

Another point i would mention here based on my experience so far, is that TATA cars can take a lot of abuse - whether its the Tiago/Tigor siblings or the Nexon.

I can glide over broken roads and potholes where i would think twice taking a Hyundai or a Maruti.

And one doesn't need to worry about an odd hit from a two wheeler or two a the signal, the car won't dent easily.

Last edited by DCEite : 30th September 2018 at 16:33.
DCEite is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2019, 09:45   #22
BHPian

Hello. How's the car munching miles? Has the burning smell issue sorted? How's the gearbox doing? Any feedback on how it does on the Highway?
Old 21st January 2019, 18:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello. How's the car munching miles? Has the burning smell issue sorted? How's the gearbox doing? Any feedback on how it does on the Highway?
Burning smell has vanished almost completely now.

I do enjoy taking the car to 100 kmph + speeds in Noida expressway every now and then the car is effortless to overtake other vehicles as long as i am in Sport or Manual mode.

On the flipside, my car cleaner managed to chip off a small bit of plastic from the dashboard, probably trying to clear some mess too forcefully. So the quality of plastic does not seem to be very good, although it looks good to the eyes.

Overall a satisfying experience so far.
One point worth mentioning is that new lot of Tigor's now come with Goodyear tyres wheres mine are bridgestone. I do feel the Goodyear have much better built quality than Bridgestones and i wish my car had them too. Maybe when its time to change tyres i will do a swap with Goodyears.
DCEite is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 10:47   #24
BHPian

How's the car treating you? Have there been any reliability concerns, especially about the AMT? What are the service intervals for your car? Thanks!
Old 17th September 2020, 10:28   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
How's the car treating you? Have there been any reliability concerns, especially about the AMT? What are the service intervals for your car? Thanks!
Bumping up the request for the same. Any updates on your experience with the Tigor till now.?
chiefpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 10:42   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefpk View Post
Bumping up the request for the same. Any updates on your experience with the Tigor till now.?
Its been almost 3 years with the Tigor AMT and the car has clocked 20k kms.

Regarding reliability, i haven't found much issues with the AMT unit as such till now.

However, there was a incident when while cruising at around 70-80 kmph in Auto mode, the car started to lose power and input to accelerator pedal did not help. Shifted the car to manual mode and was able to drive on and park the car on side of the road. Restarted the car and the issue was gone. Its been 3k kms since the issue happened and the problem hasn't resurfaced. My assumption is it might have been some sensor or some issue related to fuel filter. However didn't get chance to take the car to the service centre yet because of Corona issue.

One thing i hate about TATA in general is the service intervals. It is 6 months/10k kms as against 1 year/10k kms for Maruti/Hyundai. The 6 monthly service is just inspection and washing but mandatory nonetheless.

P.S. I have changed the battery recently as the car was giving problems in starting and had to be jumpstarted, the battery level was very low. The stock battery was Exide and lasted for about 19k kms. Perhaps, lying idle during the lockdown period did take its toll on the battery. I was expecting it to last at least 30k kms/4 years. Replaced it with Exide "Mileage" brand as Amaron had some availability issues in my city.
DCEite is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 13:19   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
However, there was a incident when while cruising at around 70-80 kmph in Auto mode, the car started to lose power and input to accelerator pedal did not help.
This, this is exactly what I'm afraid of. Losing power in the middle of an overtake or something can be extremely dangerous, and these incidents are still too frequent in the Tiago/Tigor. You can find plenty of posts in T-BHP on this, even on Nexon.
RoadMonkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 14:54   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Its been almost 3 years with the Tigor AMT and the car has clocked 20k kms.

Regarding reliability, i haven't found much issues with the AMT unit as such till now.
Can you give me some details about the service experiences now. I wanted to get some feedback about the service centers in Delhi. If you could help. I was planning to buy the Tigor so collecting feedback about various T.A.S.C in Delhi.
Thanx in advance.
Cheers!
chiefpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 15:01   #29
BHPian

Can you pls post more pictures of the car. Tigor threads are so few and the car so good looking. In its segment, Tigor has the best rear seat comfort plus best in class ride. How I wish Tata gave it the engine and Auto gearbox it deserved.
Dieselritzer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 15:12   #30
BHPian

Quote:
In its segment, Tigor has the best rear seat comfort plus best in class ride. How I wish Tata gave it the engine and Auto gearbox it deserved.
Goes for most of the current Tata cars except maybe harrier. Nexon's AMT is similarly troublesome and it deserves a better one. Tata's nailing it on every front except the very thing which matters in the car and its ownership - engine/gb and maintenance!

Last edited by Aditya : 17th September 2020 at 19:03. Reason: As requested
RoadMonkey is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks