Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2018, 22:53   #31
BHPian

Re: My Maruti Ciaz Automatic

Hi revintup,

First of all, heartiest congratulations on the purchase. Hope you are enjoying the stress free ride the fully automatic torque converter offers!

I own a 2012 Dzire which has the same gearbox as your Ciaz has albeit with 1197 cc engine.

It has a very strange behaving AC. When moving at crawling speed (when no accelerator input is needed) in stop go traffic (say in a traffic jam) or while reversing, the AC cuts off whenever I release the brake pedal.

When crawling forward, when I release the brake, the AC compressor gets cut off and remains like that for a while before switching on again. If I brake again and release it, the compressor gets cut off again.

Same thing happens while reversing. When I release the brake, the AC compressor gets cut off and remains like that till I press the brake again.

I also get a feeling that even while moving at decent speed (at 50 or 60 kmph), if I brake, the AC compressor gets cut off.

I wanted to know if you too are facing the same situation.

To know about it, you will need someone to stand outside the vehicle (with bonnet open) and have him take a look at the compressor. You need to sit inside and reverse the vehicle. The compressor should cut off and stop working till the time you press the brake again. Same thing should happen when moving forward.

Your input regarding it will be highly appreciated.
Old 10th September 2018, 22:57   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
I have recommended the Ciaz AT to so many of my friends and relatives and many of them have bought one too. They are all very happy with their cars.

Hi VSG12777,

Please see my above post regarding the AC issue I am facing in my dzire automatic. I would appreciate if you could check with your near and dear ones who own the Ciaz AT about the same.

Old 10th October 2018, 12:16   #33
BHPian

Hi Diesel lover,

Thanks for your message. Sorry for the late response. I saw the notification by TBHP in my email only today. So came to the thread.

I checked with a few of my contacts, who have a Ciaz AT, and they say they do not face such a problem. This is also probably the 1st time I'm hearing such a thing. It sounds strange. Please do get it checked at a private or Maruti authorised place asap, if you haven't done so yet.

I now use a 2010 i20 1.4L Asta Automatic, which also has a 4 speed TC automatic gearbox. I do not face such a problem at all. I have been using this i20 automatic now for the last 14 months.

One thing I can do, is maybe check with my mechanic on your AC issue and see what he says. I shall post back here, if I have anything to share. In the meantime, I hope your issue is sorted out soon.

Cheers!
VSG12777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 17:00   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK_BLR View Post
Hello revintup,
Few questions:
> Do you miss the ICE of Alpha variant?
The Ciaz is primarily my Father's car. I have recently sold off my EcoSport and bought an Scross Alpha with the touchscreen ICE. Having used both for some time, the display in the touchscreen unit is nice but frankly you can live without it.

Quote:
How is the reverse-camera view - I was told that the display is on the IRVM?
Yes, the display is in the IRVM in the Ciaz and the picture quality is excellent. This is a more convenient location than in my Scross where I have to look at the ICE display for the camera view, then the ORVMs and then the IRVM. I never solely rely on the rear camera.

Quote:
Was front bumper overhang an issue for you so far? With the unscientific humps and large craters (early rains have ruined the newly laid name-sake tar cover just few weeks ago in prep for the elections ) on Bangalore roads, I am wondering if the 16" wheels of the Alpha are better-off.

TIA,
SMK_BLR
Yes, the front overhang is a bit low and it bottomed out once. But only once thankfully. I was warned of this previously by bhpian Vaisakh who is also a Ciaz owner. Do I worry about this on a daily basis? Absolutely not. Get a detailed test drive and take the car over those humps and see how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Hi revintup,

First of all, heartiest congratulations on the purchase. Hope you are enjoying the stress free ride the fully automatic torque converter offers!

I own a 2012 Dzire which has the same gearbox as your Ciaz has albeit with 1197 cc engine.

It has a very strange behaving AC. When moving at crawling speed (when no accelerator input is needed) in stop go traffic (say in a traffic jam) or while reversing, the AC cuts off whenever I release the brake pedal.

When crawling forward, when I release the brake, the AC compressor gets cut off and remains like that for a while before switching on again. If I brake again and release it, the compressor gets cut off again.

Same thing happens while reversing. When I release the brake, the AC compressor gets cut off and remains like that till I press the brake again.

I also get a feeling that even while moving at decent speed (at 50 or 60 kmph), if I brake, the AC compressor gets cut off.

I wanted to know if you too are facing the same situation.

To know about it, you will need someone to stand outside the vehicle (with bonnet open) and have him take a look at the compressor. You need to sit inside and reverse the vehicle. The compressor should cut off and stop working till the time you press the brake again. Same thing should happen when moving forward.

I have not really noticed this while driving the car. I will have someone stand outside and check it and get back to you.
revintup is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks