Team-BHP - Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/194154-shadow-my-2016-infiniti-q50-first-one-team-bhp.html)

I was a really happy owner of a 2015 Mazda 3 SP25 GT (Ownership review here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...3-sp25-gt.html) bought brand new which had 42k's in less than 2 years when I sold it off. No issues with the car at all. It had the performance (2.5 liter 187 bhp NA engine, 7.7 seconds to 100) and yet it delivered between 14-15 kmpl in city traffic with a 6 speed automatic transmission and atleast 16+ kmpl on the highway. It also drove really well and had one of the best caliberated electrically assisted steering system I have come across in a car. It wasnt as roomy at the back compared to the others in the class especially the new Honda Civic but thats about the only bad thing I can say about the car. Infact if I had the same budget and was in the market for a brand new car, I would still buy the Mazda eyes closed. Its by far the most sorted automobile I have come across for the price.

So why then a new car in less than 2 years?

I had always dreamt of owning a luxury sedan and given how fast electric cars are progressing it would be fair to say that sooner rather than later we will all be driving around in electric cars. I wanted my last internal combustion powered car to be special and I was ready to take a depreciation hit on my Mazda and stretching my budget and resources for new one, afterall you live on once ;) With that in mind I started my search.

So why an Infiniti Q50?

Lets go through the options one by one. My preference was a diesel simply because of the mod potential. A piggyback chips provides around 30 bhp and 40nm more torque and its almost plug and play. I also test drove the 210 bhp 2.0 turbo petrol and it wasnt as effortless as the diesel.

BMW 320d - It was a nice drive but this is the nicest thing I can say about the car. The interiors are strictly average both in style and substance and cramped. The engine isn't as effortless as a diesel should be either but is fast with a sub 8 seconds sprint to 100. Almost every active driver assist technology is an optional extra as a tech pack which increases the price of the car to a point where its simply too expensive. I can see how an M3 or even a 3 Series 330i would be special but 320d is average overall given the price. Believe it or not they also sell the 318i here in Australia which comes with a 1.5 liter 3 cylinder turbo petrol!

Audi A4 - I do not like the greyish black color scheme on the interiors of almost every Audi even though it was put together the best along with the Mercedes C Class. I also do not like the idea of a front wheel drive luxury sedan so Audi was out too. Again the entry level car comes with a 1.4 turbo four from the Golf. No thanks!

Mercedes C Class - I absolutely love the styling inside out on the new C Class. Its feels a class above the BMW and the Audi. Again with all the options checked, the price was prohibitive. It also did not help that Infiniti came with same diesel engine as the Mercedes and had far more equipment and felt equally luxurious if not more, inside and was considerably cheaper.

So back to Infiniti Q50 then. Not every Infiniti is good looking. The QX80 for the uninitiated is ghastly and so is Q70 but Q50 is rather good looking and more importantly has character. It looks gangsta especially in black as my car but in a nice way. I love the swoops and the creases. Its slightly overdone to some but I can live with that. What sealed the deal were the equipment levels and technology on top of the line S Premium trim which makes the German trio look as advanced as a 90's Casio calculalor and the top of the line 14 speaker BOSE Audio system which coming from the BOSE in my Mazda 3 was a natural progression. (I love BOSE's sound signature).
Could not refuse the value proposition and the underdog nature of the car (this thing is rarer than a Maserati here!) and bought home the Infiniti Q50 2.2d with Mercedes OM651 diesel under the hood from C-Class.

Lets talk about technology first then, shall we?

There is so much technology in the Q50 that it can practically drive itself on the highway. The tech is both active and passive and this is the big differentiator. For example, the lane depature warning system be active or passive which means it can either beep if you veer off course or nudge you back into the lane automagically unless you have the indicator on. If you find active safety tech too intrusive, pushing a single button on the steering wheel makes them passive. Too easy!

Lets dive into the technology onboard. Ready...

Direct Adaptive Steering (DAS) - Infiniti's drive by wire steering technology and a world's first. The DAS is unaffected by the kickback and forced movement of conventional steering but still gradually requires more effort with increased speed and G-forces like a conventional system. The system has been slayed by the automobile press for feeling artificial and lacking feedback but how many electrically assisted steering system give proper feedback. With steer by wire you can change the steering ratio and effort on the fly. In its most aggressive setting which is heavy for effort and quick for the ratio, it is uncanninly responsive and an absolute riot in the corners. You can also choose the effort to be standard and ratio quick if you do not like to move the steering too much while parking or while negotiating roundabounts.

Active Trace Control - applies brakes to individual wheels helping keep the car on the cornering line as steered.

Smart Beam (Auto High/Low Beam) - the headlights swivel changing beam pattern as you turn the steering wheel and the auto high beam comes on and off automatically depending on traffic and the ambient light.

Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC) - Radar cruise control in Infiniti speak.

Blind Spot Warning (BSW) and Blind Spot Intervention (BSI) - Warns you if there is a car in your blind spot (passive). If "intervention" is on then it warns and then helps you bring the car back into your lane by nudging the steering wheel gently if you try and change lanes while there is a car in your blind spot (Active)

Predictive Forward Collision Warning (PFCW) - Uses cruise control radar to detect situation two cars ahead. The system is able to detect the situation and can provide an earlier alert to the driver if a potential risk is detected, which can help the driver avoid a potential collision.

Back-up Collision Warning & Intervention (BCI) - Back up cross traffic alert but pushed up a notch. Not only the system alerts if there is traffic while backing up, it also counteracts by pushing back on the accelerator. If you still continue to back up, the brakes will engage momentarily giving you more time to react. This has saved me on a couple of occasions.

Active Lane Control - Camera mounted over the rearview mirror constantly monitors lane markings and keeps you in your intended lane automatically even if there is a slight curve. The system also compensates for minor directional shifts caused by uneven pavement or crosswinds by applying correction automatically.

Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Lane Departure Prevention (LDP) - Uses the same camera to track the distance between vehicles and lane markings and warns if you begin to move across without signaling. If you continue, the system intervenes by tapping the brakes and steering to bring you back into the lane.

Forward Emergency Braking (FEB) - Two stage system that alerts the driver with audible and visual clues and pushes the accelerator up. If you let go of the acceleator it applies gentle braking, if not, it applies harder braking so that you can prevent the collision.

Distance Control Assist (DCA) - Keeps a safe distance from the car in front. Pushes the accelerator up if you come close. Applies brakes if you dont take any action to keep you at the set distance.

Around View Monitor (AVM) with Moving Object Detection (MOD) and Parking Guidance - Uses cameras mounted on all fours sides to give a 360 degree view and also alerts the driver in case the system detects a moving object such as a pet or a child. The system works while parked or in neutral; moving forward; and backing up. Also displays dynamic guidelines both front and back.

i-Key - Works in conjugation with the infotainment system where you can create driver profiles with their preferred settings (seat position, metric units etc) and link them to a key. So if i enter the car with my key, my profile setting will be applied automatically including my seat position which is also linked to outside rear view mirror position and the position of the steering wheel.

The usual suspects are also there like front and rear parking sensors with display, keyless entry, power tilt and telescoping steering wheel, sunroof, memory seats, tyre presure monitoring system, LED everything dual zone climate control, easy entry exit which pushes the driver seat back and steering wheel up to make entry and exit easier etc.

And how does it drive?

Pretty good. The 170 bhp diesel with 400nm torque from Mercedes is reasonably fast with very little turbo lag (0-100 in 8.5 seconds) and has effortless performance due to strong bottom end and explosive mid range. The top end though is relatively weak and there is no point revving the engine unnecessarily unlike the 2.0 liter unit in the 3 series which is more engaging and revs more but doesnt feel as effortles. The only fly in the ointment are the vibes which can be felt prominently in the cabin at idle but smooth out as soon as the car starts moving. The car feels very solid with heavy doors which close with a thud. It also handles decently and the ability to change steering ratio on the fly is a boon when taking corners. The ride is especially impressive given large 19inch wheels with low profile tyres. Its not as fuel efficient as Germans simply because its larger and therefore heavier. The length is between a C-Class and an E-Class.

Time for some pictures.

Front is aggresive and pointy. Love the ridges on the front bumper that look like subtle body kit.
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-q50-front.jpg

Front three quarter, one of the best angles of the car.
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-q50-front-three-quarter.jpg

Also comes with now mandatory, front and rear DRLs. The signature is Infiniti crescent.
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-q50-front-drl-signature.jpg
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-q50-rear-drl-signature.jpg

The dual screen infotainment system
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-intouch-pro.jpg

Instrument Console along with 5inch information screen which displays fuel efficiency, distance to empty, compass, tyre pressure, bluetooth information, driver assist features, maintenance warnings, preset warnings (you can set warning for when to change engine oil, tyres etc) and the choosen drive mode (Personal in this case)
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-fine-vision-instrument-cluster.jpg

Another one showing the Active Driver Aids "On"
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-fine-vision-instrument-cluster-driver-aids-.jpg

The drive mode selector along with the multi direction wheel selector for the top touch screen. Only the top touchscreen can be controlled via this controller. The bottom one is touch only. Also seen is the camera view mode selector (360 degree, front, rear, front and side, wide, top etc). The dotted pattern that you see is real aluminium, cold to touch et all. The same is also present on both the front door pads.
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-drive-mode-selector.jpg

The driver environment
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-q50-driver-env.jpg

19inch alloy wheels with 245/40 Run flats aka BMW
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-alloy-wheels.jpg

The blind spot indicator. Glows solid orange when there is a car in the blind spot, blinks when there is a car in the blind spot and you indicate to change lanes. The steering wheel also tugs slightly to remind you not to change lanes. It also indicates traffic and from which side, left or right, while backing up. The brightness of the light can also be controlled in the car settings.
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-blind-spot-monitor.jpg

Multim camera modes on the top touch screen. Seen here is the 360 degree top view and the front camera view.
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-multi-camera-view.jpg

Drive side door pad. All windows are auto power up and down and soft squishy plastics all around help the quality feel. Also seen are the seat memory buttons. You can save two more positions in the InTouch pro system and link them to a key.
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-q50-door-pad-driver-side.jpg
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-q50-power-windows-front.jpg

The passenger side door pad. Exactly same minus buttons for seat position memory.
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-q50-door-pad-passenger.jpg

The drive mode selector. Options are Personal, Standard, Sport and Snow. You can choose individual setting for the personal mode.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Infiniti Drive Mode Selector.jpg
Views:	681
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	1714293

Settings for the personal mode on the InTouch pro system.
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-q50-drive-mode-selector.jpg

Other driver assist settings
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-q50-active-lane-control.jpg
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-q50-active-trace-control.jpg

Direct Adaptive Steering settings
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-q50-steering-mode.jpg

The InTouch Pro home screen
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-q50-home-screen.jpg

The Apps screen. The driving aids app show fuel flow rate, acceleration and handling G's like the mighty GT-R!
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-q50-apps-screen.jpg

Rear seats are much more comfortable when compared to the German trio and contoured just right. They look the part too.
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-q50-rear-seats.jpg

Front seats are 10 way powered adjustable including electric lumbar support and side bolsters.
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-q50-driver-seat-power-controls.jpg

Front seats also have "Infiniti" logo on them
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-q50-seat-logo.jpg

Full view of the interiors
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-q50-interiors-wide.jpg
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-q50-interiors-sunroof.jpg

Love the side profile. Classic proportions - long bonnet, flowing sides and a stubby boot. Also notice the "Infiniti Crescent" shape behind the rear quarter glass
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-q50-side-profile.jpg

Fantastic styling detail on the C-Pillar. The lines emanating from the Crescent merge into the boot
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-q50-back-door-crescent.jpg

The rear is meaty with fat dual exhausts with chrome finishers which contrast well with the black paint.
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-q50-rear.jpg

continued...

Another look at the rear seats
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-q50-rear-seats-1.jpg

Closer look at surface detailing on the sides.
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-q50-surface-detailing.jpg

Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-q50-surface-detailing-1.jpg

My favorite angle of the car
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-q50-rear-three-quarter.jpg

The color is called Obsidian Black and gives out shade of purple in direct sunglight at certain angles. The paint also comes with Infiniti's scratch shield technology which comes with a clear coast claimed to resist scratches.
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-infiniti-q50-black-obsidian.jpg

Congratulations Extreme_Torque! That is one heck of a car.

Infiniti makes some truly awesome cars & I think they've overtaken Acura as the no.2 Japanese luxury brand (related article). My sister bought a G37 (based on BHPian recommendations) and used it till about a 100,000 trouble-free miles (not a single unscheduled repair) before upgrading to the 2018 Audi Q5. Here's the two of us with her G37:
Shadow, My 2016 Infiniti Q50 - The first one on Team-BHP-p1400353.jpg

Wow! What a car! Are you sure it's a car and not some space ship with so much inbuilt technology? stupid: Heartiest congratulations and wish you and your family many happy and safe miles with it.

Congrats! That is a smart looking ride, though the front is a little aggressive for my liking. I have always had a soft corner for Infiniti. The G35 really helped establish the brand in the US and stole quite a few customers away from the 3-series.
I am glad to see Infiniti continue to keep at it.

Congratulations on your new steed. Very handsome with well appointed interiors. Happy miles. - Narayan

Many A Congratulations !!

More than anything else, the Interiors on the Infiniti's are leagues ahead of the Acura's, Lexus and other Japs.

Drove the M45x for a fair bit and it was a palace on Wheels.

Enjoy a blissful and hassle free ownership.

Congratulatons for being a proud owner of this beauty. A gem of a car and something different from run of the mill German luxuries. Infinities are really well put together and are very good too.

While working in car carriers in early 2000's, I came across the INFINITI brand for the first time, infact the love for cars was fuelled because of my experience in car carriers.

Nice.

The 3 big Japanese car companies have a luxury brand apart from their main one's. You have Infiniti from Nissan, Lexus from Toyota and Acura from Honda (Amati, once upon a time from Mazda). All the brands offer something that slots between the Germans when it comes to toys, safety, comfort and luxury. While these may never match the class of an E, A6 or 5 series, you do get a lot for your money.

Your new Q50 sure is something when it comes to driver and active safety equipment.

This is my personal take. I feel a car like this should be experienced with a petrol motor. The Japanese still do some of the best NA petrol motors. Yes; you get a lot of lugging power from a diesel but the quiet, calm nature of a petrol cannot be matched.

This being a top of the line product, I feel Nissan should have offered Leather as standard, an option for an all black interior and should have ditched the dual screen thingy for a single display like you find on the latest Volvo's. They could have done away with some of the buttons too. Makes it a little more appealing.

How is the sound quality from the Infotainment system?

Nice review of a beautiful car! Thanks for sharing :thumbs up

I had a bit of runaround in my friend’s car (in Philadelphia) last year and was deeply impressed by its overall quality and refinement. And the car looks brilliant in almost every angle; that face is a bit like an overdone goatee look, not so much as the Lexus though :)

Congratulations. Good to see that you opted away from the conventional trio of the big germans (BMW, Mercedes and Audi). In India probably, it’ll be very hard to buy a Nissan luxury car thanks to the strong brand image of german cars (just look at the sales of Lexus) but that exactly proves how well that Infiniti must be made.

That note on IC engine made me sad though. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4336296)
Congratulations Extreme_Torque! That is one heck of a car.

Infiniti makes some truly awesome cars & I think they've overtaken Acura as the no.2 Japanese luxury brand (related article). My sister bought a G37 (based on BHPian recommendations) and used it till about a 100,000 trouble-free miles (not a single unscheduled repair) before upgrading to the 2018 Audi Q5. Here's the two of us with her G37:
Attachment 1714860

Aww... that picture and that car, the chemistry between a brother and sister is so apparent. Thanks for sharing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Col Mehta (Post 4336503)
Wow! What a car! Are you sure it's a car and not some space ship with so much inbuilt technology? stupid: Heartiest congratulations and wish you and your family many happy and safe miles with it.

Thanks Col. I was surprised by the tech on offer too and kept discovering new things while driving. The one I distinctly remember is when I got distracted on my mobile phone while doing a constant 60 on a city road not noticing that the car in front had slowed down. The tech kicked in and it pushed the accelerator up (very unnerving at first) and applied brakes hard saving me from rear ending the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queryanalyzer (Post 4336717)
Congrats! That is a smart looking ride, though the front is a little aggressive for my liking. I have always had a soft corner for Infiniti. The G35 really helped establish the brand in the US and stole quite a few customers away from the 3-series.
I am glad to see Infiniti continue to keep at it.

Thanks mate. It doesnt look too bad in person though and I am glad its not Lexus aggressive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V.Narayan (Post 4336736)
Congratulations on your new steed. Very handsome with well appointed interiors. Happy miles. - Narayan

Thanks. It has done quite a few miles now and the review was long pending. Well appointed interiors were one of the major reasons I went for it, since I am going to be spending most of my time inside. May be it was the familiarity and sheer numbers but the 3 series interiors just did not appeal to me. And unless I took the optional navigation pro tech pack, even the size of the floating screen was small with huge ugly side bezels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torquedo (Post 4336738)
Many A Congratulations !!

More than anything else, the Interiors on the Infiniti's are leagues ahead of the Acura's, Lexus and other Japs.

Drove the M45x for a fair bit and it was a palace on Wheels.

Enjoy a blissful and hassle free ownership.

Thanks mate. Having driven the Lexus IS as well, I too prefer the tech and interiors presentation on the Infiniti. There is no doubting Lexus's fit and finish and sheer quality though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brumby (Post 4336839)
Congratulatons for being a proud owner of this beauty. A gem of a car and something different from run of the mill German luxuries. Infinities are really well put together and are very good too.

While working in car carriers in early 2000's, I came across the INFINITI brand for the first time, infact the love for cars was fuelled because of my experience in car carriers.

Thanks mate. The first time I heard about Infiniti was when they debuted their drive by wire steering technology. I was always fond of Nissans though, the Skyline, the mighty GT-R and the Patrol, the only SUV which could give the mighty Toyota LC series a run for its money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandeepmohan (Post 4336858)
Nice.

The 3 big Japanese car companies have a luxury brand apart from their main one's. You have Infiniti from Nissan, Lexus from Toyota and Acura from Honda (Amati, once upon a time from Mazda). All the brands offer something that slots between the Germans when it comes to toys, safety, comfort and luxury. While these may never match the class of an E, A6 or 5 series, you do get a lot for your money.

Q50 competes with the C-Class, 3-Series and the A4 and I agree that it cannot match the long legacy of the Germans. The issue is that Germans have been diluting the experience to make them more affordable so much so that unless you are a brand fanatic, you seriously question the wisdom in buying one for more money. A rear wheel drive 3 series with a 1.5 turbo three cylinder is sacrilege!

Quote:

Your new Q50 sure is something when it comes to driver and active safety equipment.

This is my personal take. I feel a car like this should be experienced with a petrol motor. The Japanese still do some of the best NA petrol motors. Yes; you get a lot of lugging power from a diesel but the quiet, calm nature of a petrol cannot be matched.

I wanted to buy the V6 hybrid with combined output of 360 bhp and 0-100 times of less than 6 seconds. The deal breaker was the boot space. Almost half the boot is occupied by the batteries leaving space which would embarrass even a hatchback. Being the only car in the family, I was not willing to compromise. The 2.0 liter turbo petrol, also from Mercedes, was not as effortless. A $300 piggyback chip on the diesel will increase the output to 200+ bhp and 450 nm of torque and tts the OM651 from Mercedes which is long in the market now and considered a very reliable engine as it is used everywhere from C-class to E-class to even Sprinter vans!

Quote:

This being a top of the line product, I feel Nissan should have offered Leather as standard, an option for an all black interior and should have ditched the dual screen thingy for a single display like you find on the latest Volvo's. They could have done away with some of the buttons too. Makes it a little more appealing.

How is the sound quality from the Infotainment system?

They do come with leather as standard atleast here in Australia. I much prefer the dual screen unit because you do not have to choose between say navigating and selecting setting on your car, the navigation screen is always present on the top screen. It also makes it convenient because you know where all the settings are and they need not be buried deep into confusing sub-menu's.

The sound quality is fantastic with 14 speaker system. I really like Bose's sound signature. My Mazda had a 9 speaker Bose system. Infiniti has an extra subwoofer on the rear parcel shelf, 2 tweeters and 2 mid range speakers on the front doors. The speakers are better specified too. I was not willing to compromise on audio either and had sampled the 13 speaker Meridian in the Jaguar XE (the worst of the lot), the Burmester audio in C-Class which was almost as good but then was part of an option pack costing close to $7k's!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 4336861)
Nice review of a beautiful car! Thanks for sharing :thumbs up

I had a bit of runaround in my friend’s car (in Philadelphia) last year and was deeply impressed by its overall quality and refinement. And the car looks brilliant in almost every angle; that face is a bit like an overdone goatee look, not so much as the Lexus though :)

Thanks mate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Brutailer (Post 4336871)
Congratulations. Good to see that you opted away from the conventional trio of the big germans (BMW, Mercedes and Audi). In India probably, it’ll be very hard to buy a Nissan luxury car thanks to the strong brand image of german cars (just look at the sales of Lexus) but that exactly proves how well that Infiniti must be made.

That note on IC engine nade me sad though. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Thanks. I know but that is going to be the reality in the coming 5-6 years time. Even otherwise, as responsible citizens of the world, we should care about the future generations and the kind of world we are going to leave behind, we should move to less pollutive modes of personal transport.

Great choice mate. Superb review. I visited this link many times to see the interiors. Well appointed and great color combinations.

Happy miles ahead.

By the way are you in Melbourne or Sydney?

Great choice and thanks for the indepth review. I am shortlisting candidates for my next whip and this is right now the strongest contender. Between the Jap 3 in luxury i think infiniti maintains a healthy appetite to knock it out of the park. The rest have resemblance to their lower berth cousins. They also offer many more features compared to the german trio for the price!

Hows the maintenance and service from infiniti?

Maddy