Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2018, 17:05   #31
BHPian

Re: CROSSing the line: My pre-worshipped Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha

Hi @benzinblut sir,
First of all, congratulations on your pre-worshipped S-Cross 1.6. I know how difficult it is to find a 1.6 in the used market. Had a tough time looking for a used 1.6 for my cousin and couldn't find one to our requirements.

Secondly, take a bow sir. What a review! It's so damn close to GTO sirs review in terms of overall execution and attention-to-detail. I really enjoyed reading your review and literally raced through each and every line of the review. You've kept the narrative simple and straightforward which made me read it in one go.

Keep this thread updated in the coming years.

Thanks,
Varun
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 17:10   #32
BHPian

What a detailed thread, covering every nook and corner quite literally ! Many congratulations for the acquisition and wish you many, many happy miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
One simply cannot ignore the tremendous value proposition a pre-worshipped car makes. If you are able to pick out a ‘pre-worshipped’ car from the lot of ‘pre-owned’ cars, you'll love every moment you're with it. 2 out of the 3 cars that I have bought only for my use were pre-worshipped. Recommended read.
Convinced about the proposition of buying a pre-worshipped vehicle. However, it is not easy to check, at least for a person with limited knowledge as me. At best I check- (i) TBhp classifieds, (ii) Maruti True Value website (iii) Mahindra First Choice and (iv) BMW certified and Mercedes certified pre-owned cars.

I cannot get myself to take ads on Olx seriosuly. At a pinch, I check 'CarWale' used car section, to cross-check the prices being quoted. , but it will be super helpful if you could mention which all sites or other avenues which you explored while hunting. I checked a few TBhp threads also, to see if there is a mention but did not find (including in the thread quoted above). My apologies if I missed. And thanks again !
Vitalstatistiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 17:53   #33
BHPian

The details man, absolutely brilliant. It took me the whole day to go through the complete review, sneaking out breaks here at office is not easy

You've got yourself a gem of a car here and the fact that it is no longer available in this tune makes it all the more special.

Rating a very well deserved 5 stars and Wishing you millions of happy miles with your S-Cross.
Speedshift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 17:54   #34

Wow, what a review. Attention to detail in every aspect, I could feel the excitement in your writing. And off course many congratulations on owning one of the handful of cars on our roads, which put a smile on the driver’s face. I always loved S-Cross 1.6, though sadly I may never own one.

Happy Driving, Abinash.
abinashnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 18:45   #35
BHPian

Since quite some time I was getting this message:
CROSSing the line: My pre-worshipped Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha-01.jpg

After a few seconds the warning disappeared and everything was working just fine, but I didn't want to delay changing the keyfob battery. Bhpain Volkman10 mentioned on another thread that he was charged Rs. 77 at Maruti. I wanted to do it myself but thought of giving it a try at Nexa. Very reluctantly I contacted Nexa S.K.Wheels today. I wanted to just send the keyfob with someone and get it replaced. They wanted me to bring the car for it. When I insisted, I was told that they don't have the battery in stock and I must wait for a week .

I replaced it myself today. Its easier and quicker than expected. All you need is a flat blade screwdriver.

Cost of new battery: Rs.40/-

I followed the procedure given in the manual:
CROSSing the line: My pre-worshipped Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha-02.png

Pry it open with a flat blade screw driver. I covered it with a cloth (not shown in pic). Once it opens from there, just open it like you'd peel open a pistachio:
CROSSing the line: My pre-worshipped Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha-03.jpg

I used a small screw driver to pry/slide out the battery:
CROSSing the line: My pre-worshipped Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha-04.jpg

I also opened and cleaned the parts which is not required. Picture is just to show you the other sides:
CROSSing the line: My pre-worshipped Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha-05.jpg

Last edited by benzinblut : 23rd January 2018 at 18:48. Reason: adding cost of new battery
benzinblut is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 00:13   #36
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

excellent review, like your narration and superb photos as well.
Curious about the air intake ducting in the engine bay. Looks like there are too many bends before the air reaches the airbox. If possible can you post a picture of the intake mouth from the side. Want to see how far away it is from the grill opening, and how easy it is for the inrushing fresh air to hit the intake mouth.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 02:37   #37
BHPian

Very nice and detailed review !

Congrats on getting the beast. One of the best cars from Maruti stable. Alas, they do not produce it anymore (Read 1.6). Hope Maruti bring it back to life in future.

Last edited by xs2mayank : 24th January 2018 at 02:38. Reason: spelling mistake
xs2mayank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 04:33   #38
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review and very detailed pictures. Congratulations on the beast.

Quote:
It also has no night mode;
If the cluster brightness for the MID or screen is set to max, it will not go to night mode, reduce the MID brightness and it should change to night mode once the main headlamps are on.
govigov is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 10:22   #39
Senior - BHPian

Wow, fantastic review with superb attention to detail and lots of pics. And the perspective from your 4 year old was great, he has much in common with my 6 year old daughter who pretty much loves the same things (maps, unlocking etc.)

Wishing you many miles with your vehicle. Congrats!!!
arvind71181 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 14:47   #40
BHPian

Congratulations on your beast! I'm drooling just a little about the detail and the pictures. I just didnt have this much patience! I suspect you and Dr.Naren will be having an interesting conversation about the expletive pedal soon.

You could also look at swapping over headlights to the newer make as that is a modification that Maruti themselves now offer. But be warned your warranty on all of those replacement parts is no longer "manufacturer warranty" but instead "replacement part" warranty of some three months. It would be a big step up for the headlamps and look of the car though...

Like govigov above has written - the right stalk of your MID controls the brightness - It's not just a push button it is also a rotary controller. Reading the manual would REALLY help with some of the niggles. So, turn it counterclockwise with the lights OFF to reduce DAY brightness. Do the same with the lights ON to reduce NIGHT mode brightness.
valhallen.282 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 15:05   #41
Team-BHP Support

One of the few global Suzuki products alongside the Vitara and Kizashi that we got in India.

Doesn't look like a million bucks, but sure goes like it on the highway. Nothing like getting a killer pre-worshipped deal on an almost-new car. Like GTO says on the 'how to' thread, the previous owner ran it in for you.

Congratulations, & enjoy!
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 18:19   #42
BHPian

benzinblut : What an amazingly written review. I rarely read the reviews in full ( impatient) but yours I took the time to reach each word. Very useful. And I have to say you got a sweet deal with the price on the Car

Its sad that Maruit is not selling the 1.6 in India but If I am not wrong Suzuki is still selling this in Europe.

I have been looking at the Captur ( EU version and not the India version), S Cross seems to be good match

Last edited by changaez : 24th January 2018 at 18:23.
changaez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 19:29   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Result: Meet my pre-worshipped S-Cross 1.6 Alpha...
Boy oh Boy!! What a detailed review buddy. Very rarely do you see all the nook and corners of a car covered by an individual owner. The 4 months that you have taken to pen down the review is very much justified owing to the amount of detail in the writing and the pics. Kudos for an awesomely written review.

Hearty congratulations on owning the best car ever offered in recent times for a very short duration from the Martui stable. You were also lucky to land a very good deal on the car. Wishing you many many more miles with the car.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 19:53   #44
BHPian

Quote:
I had no real requirement for a new car, but my heart stuck on to something which my head never agreed of.
Quote:
Life’s short. I want to enjoy cars as much as I can. To me, cars are special, Every Car is Special!!!
The above 2 quotes pretty much summed it all.

Just like very few Scross 1.6 on the road, the ownership reviews of 1.6 in team-bhp are also only a handful. Hence it's always good to see such a brilliant ownership review of this rare piece of gem. Very thoughtfully written and great attention to detail. Read it in one go as I thoroughly enjoyed reading it from your perspective. Wishing you miles of happiness and Welcome to the exclusive club

There is a simple fix for Sun-glass holder & parcel tray rattles. Details are here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4286343
Keynote is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 22:21   #45
BHPian

Congrats on your acquisition S-Cross represents things I cherish in a vehicle. Understated, Solidly built, safe, reliable and fun to drive. Happy mile crunching my friend
karuvally is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed