Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2006, 09:49   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Fiesta doors closes with a very reassuring thud.

Drivers point of view i think Fiesta has a slight win over verna as it has a more precise steering and gear box is the best. Fiestas high speed stability has never been issue to anyone, whereas as said by lamborghini there are some high speed handling issued with Verna. And i think power is not a concers if a car is driver oriented or not.

But if you feel that power is a concern then Ford is coming out with Fiesta 1.6 TDCi in 2007.

Cheers.
Power is a concern in highways whether the car is driver oriented or not.And my opinion is based upon diesel fiesta.I have not driven Verna petrol or fiesta petrol.
Old 29th December 2006, 09:58   #32
BHPian

How does the verna petrol/diesel handles during high speeds compared to the fiesta??
Old 29th December 2006, 12:06   #33
BHPian

the fiesta handles better than the verna on bumpy roads the verna starts doing the jiggy wiggy
Old 12th June 2007, 15:13   #34

Verna CRDi Vs Fiesta TDCi

Seems like this forum is full of Verna Enthusiast.
I wanted to buy a car within 7 -8 L. looking for some value for money.
I decided to go for diesel, my usage is around 2,500 per month. I was almost certain for Fiesta (after the test drive) then i heard about Verna and its whopping 110 BHP. I went to hyundai for the test drive and then again test drive Fiesta to compare them.
Here my review:
.. not so good looking verna ready for test drive. Couldnt notice the engine sound, the car is definitely fast.. but where would u drive it man???. The interior is somewhat like accent (i already have one) bit more roomy. The acceleration was quick, tried my best to use its whopping 110 BHP. it accelerates fast but then u HAVE TO apply brakes (its delhi...Remember !!). The gear shifting is FREQUENT and INCONVENIENT. Someone said it can move at 25-20 in 3rd gear... No guys it just cannot, u have to shift to 2 gear or it will give u jerks. Car was quick to respond to steering. Breaks was good ( not as good as Fiesta). Suspension is So-So. I didnt get the driving a 'big car' feel ( is it a plus point ????? ). .. if i am buying an 8l car i wanted to feel that i'm driving a sedan not santro. The car is NOT made for city driving, definetely not. I feel if u've give a .. sigh !.. 110 bhp power to a car it should LOOSE its GRIP on road. Verna was difficult to manouver in traffic.
I decided to test drive Fiesta again (immediately after i test drove verna).
Ignites, No engine sound. The interior/exterior is definitely much better than Verna. Low bhp? i didnt notice it .. the acceleration was good and driving comfort was excellent. And most important: - i noticed the gear shifting inconvenience that i had to go through while driving verna. The car was completely whithin my control throughout. the feel of driving a 'Sedan' was there. The manouverism within the city was excellent (much better that verna), more comfortable. The rear space is less than verna .. did anyone said boot space is also less????? the specification in front of me Boot Spaceliter 352430 was telling a something different. Even if i take ur words. i'm 5'7" .. i was more than OK in FIESTA.
Everything was just so right about this car. Verna is certainy better on highways .. but my dear friends .. i spend more time driving in the city, not on the borders. I booked Fiesta and am now i'm its proud owner.

Consider what u want from the CAR befre spending the hard earned money !!!.
Old 12th June 2007, 16:11   #35
BHPian

i still dont know wat is the criteria of the tester in choosing a winner.
do agree that the tdci lacks the outright perfomance of the verna, but its no slouch either.
the dynamics r still much better... and going over kasara ghat will only be smiles on the drivers face of a fiesta....
refinement (Autocar India :- fiesta is the most refined diesel this side of 20lakhs) that statement says it all.
and back then when i was with ford,,, i had a client who clocked 25kmpl on mumbai silvasa route consistently...
rest i guess you guys know well.
Old 13th June 2007, 13:54   #36

Ford Fiesta TDCi V/s Hyundai Verna CRDi

Seems like this forum is full of Verna Enthusiast.
I wanted to buy a car within 7 -8 L. looking for some value for money.
I decided to go for diesel, my usage is around 2,500 per month. I was almost certain for Fiesta (after the test drive) then i heard about Verna and its whopping 110 BHP. I went to hyundai for the test drive and then again test drive Fiesta to compare them.
Here my review:
.. not so good looking verna ready for test drive. Couldnt notice the engine sound, the car is definitely fast.. 110 bhp !! but where would u drive it man???. The interior is somewhat like accent (i already have one) bit more roomy. The acceleration was quick, tried my best to use its whopping 110 BHP. it accelerates fast but then u HAVE TO apply brakes (Welcome to Delhi!!). The gear shifting is FREQUENT and INCONVENIENT. Someone said it can move at 25-20 in 3rd gear... No guys, it just cannot.period. u have to shift to 2 gear or it will give u jerks. Car was quick to respond to steering. Breaks was good ( not as good as Fiesta). Suspension is not bad either. But i didnt get the driving a 'big car' feel ( is it a plus point ????? ). .. if i am buying an 8l car i wanted to feel that i'm driving a sedan not santro. The car is definitely NOT made for city driving. I feel if u've give a .. sigh !.. 110 bhp power to a car it should NOT loose its GRIP on road. Verna was difficult to manouver in traffic.
I decided to test drive Fiesta again (immediately after i test drove verna).
Ignites, No engine sound. The interior/exterior is definitely much better than Verna. Low bhp? i didnt notice it .. the acceleration was good and driving comfort was excellent. And most important: - i noticed the gear shifting inconvenience that i had to go through while driving verna. The car was completely whithin my control throughout. the feel of driving a 'Sedan' was there. The manouverism within the city was excellent (much better that verna), more comfortable. The rear space is less than verna .. did anyone said boot space is also less????? the specification in front of me Boot Spaceliter 352430 was telling a something different. Even if i take ur words. i'm 5'7" .. i was more than OK in FIESTA.
Everything was just so right about this car. Verna is certainy better on highways .. but my dear friends .. i spend more time driving in the city, not on the borders. I booked Fiesta and am now i'm its proud owner.

Consider what u want from the CAR before spending the hard earned money !!!.
[/quote]
Old 14th June 2007, 00:35   #37
BHPian

i want to know how effective the AC is in the verna.... i find it less powerful then innova or skoda....
Old 14th June 2007, 15:43   #38
BHPian

great choice manish.
i am sure you are going to cherish your decision for a long time.
Old 30th November 2007, 22:23   #39
BHPian

Comparison

I wish you had included the logan & compared the TD of all three
Old 3rd December 2007, 01:41   #40
BHPian

Hi All,

First of all, this is a really impressive reviews, i'am in a fix to either go in for the Fiesta or Verna or Oprta 2.0 ltr diesle??? isint the fiesta spares expensinve than verna and oprta??? please do let me know which among the 3 is a better deal and yes, i wish to go for the one which offers ABS

Thanks all for you help.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 3rd December 2007, 15:36   #41
Senior - BHPian

what initial impression i got before taking a decission was the fiesta dash was touching my knee ,near the a/c controls.it was an irritant.verna is decisively powerfull than fiesta.spares are cheap too.so i went ahead with the verna,i dont get time to enjoy the interiors as i am looking out full time while i am driving so no issues regarding that too.
ram
Old 3rd December 2007, 16:42   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
what initial impression i got before taking a decission was the fiesta dash was touching my knee ,near the a/c controls.ram
This is surprising to me--I am 177.3 cms tall and have never had this problem so far, unless I push the driver's seat all the way to the front.
Old 4th December 2007, 20:48   #43

Hi Sajan ...
If you are considering Optra then go for it without a thng in mind. think you have not tried GM before, its about technology. when i bought Fiesta Optra magnum was not in the market. Take a test drive to clear your doubts.

Old 5th December 2007, 14:06   #44
Senior - BHPian

maybe wannabi,but i had this issue and 2 of my frends also faced the same problem,power wise too i was more happy with verna handling was better for fiesta.
Old 5th December 2007, 14:16   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
i dont get time to enjoy the interiors as i am looking out full time while i am driving so no issues regarding that too.
ram
Looking out (for?) full time- while driving?
Drive safe. hehe!

Most Viewed