Team-BHP - Driven: Volkswagen Passat
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Driven: Volkswagen Passat (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/194694-driven-volkswagen-passat-10.html)

3 on each front door + 2 on each rear door

Here, you’ll be able to see one tweeter, one in the middle and one at the bottom.

Are you able to see the 3 speakers? 1 tweeter, 1 speaker in the middle and 1 at the bottom.

Driven: Volkswagen Passat-2afcabadd7494fdaaba0b36d623eb321.jpeg

Quote:

Originally Posted by kslives (Post 4542797)
3 on each front door + 2 on each rear door

This is a good setup in my opinion that's how the Skoda L&K models before 2013 used to get them. I do believe this is a recent change as I didn't notice it before when I test drove the car at launch. Or may be I missed it because of the black interior. Sounds good then? is the wattage better than standard 8 speaker set up?

Quote:

Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead (Post 4543146)
This is a good setup in my opinion that's how the Skoda L&K models before 2013 used to get them. I do believe this is a recent change as I didn't notice it before when I test drove the car at launch. Or may be I missed it because of the black interior. Sounds good then? is the wattage better than standard 8 speaker set up?

Yep, it was 8 speakers during launch. This is a new addition and it's really frustrating as even the sales agents at the showrooms are clueless about it let alone the specs!

Is there a way to find out as I've been unsuccessful so far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kslives (Post 4543153)
This is a new addition and it's really frustrating as even the sales agents at the showrooms are clueless about it let alone the specs!

Is there a way to find out as I've been unsuccessful so far.

For both Skoda and VW sales staff, their learning experience of new tweaks (or deletions) happen concurrently with the buyer :uncontrol. Better to Google exhaustively to track current changes in EU-spec cars followed by a paid VIN decoder to list out ALL facets of the specific vehicle being bought.

By the way, how is the DCC adaptive chassis treating you? Is it worth the complexity and a real differentiator from the Superb's normal chassis?

Has anyone here got proper driving experiences of BMW vs VAG DCC setups?

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 4543191)
By the way, how is the DCC adaptive chassis treating you? Is it worth the complexity and a real differentiator from the Superb's normal chassis?

Well, haven't really tested it much yet as I have been busy traveling. But as part of my daily commute, I drive on comfort and must say that the suspension is really smooth and eats up most of the undulations with ease.

I also changed the stock Apollo tires with Michelin, that too has made a difference.

Overall, my ride is so much smoother than it was in my BMW e90.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kslives (Post 4543224)
Well, haven't really tested it much yet as I have been busy traveling. But as part of my daily commute, I drive on comfort and must say that the suspension is really smooth and eats up most of the undulations with ease.

I also changed the stock Apollo tires with Michelin, that too has made a difference.

Overall, my ride is so much smoother than it was in my BMW e90.

Great to hear that you are enjoying the daily commutes on your new Passat. Did you replace with a tyre of the default size i.e. 215/55R17? A possible upgrade with the same rims is 235/50R17. However tyres in this size are very difficult to find anywhere in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deep_behera (Post 4543244)
Did you replace with a tyre of the default size i.e. 215/55R17?

Yes, Updated it with the same size. The only difference being that the Apollo Tyres are 94w and the Michelin are 94v.

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 4543191)
a paid VIN decoder to list out ALL facets of the specific vehicle being bought.

Can you suggest a good and reliable website for the VIN decoder?

Folks, today evening I took delivery of a Volkswagen Passat Highline Connect Edition Black Oak Brown Color. I could only drive from showroom to home today. I thoroughly enjoyed the cozy and comfortable drive but my wife complained that the engine noise is bit louder than it was on my Jetta Highline Diesel Automatic. The stock Apollo Aspire 4G tires seem to also add to the noise. I was running Michelin Pilot Sport 3 on my Jetta from day 1 which were super silent in the beginning but have now developed noise after close to forty six thousand kilometers. Not sure if others too feel that the noise levels on the Passat are definitely high or am I being too fussy??

Did you check the tyre pressures? That could also make the tyres noisy. If the issue is louder engine noise, there's something fishy. I found the car to be much more hushed as compared to let's say the Octavia, Jetta diesel units. Do check under the hood, if the insulation sheet is properly placed or not, if it still persists then need to check further.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deep_behera (Post 4545558)
I thoroughly enjoyed the cozy and comfortable drive but my wife complained that the engine noise is bit louder than it was on my Jetta Highline Diesel Automatic. The stock Apollo Aspire 4G tires seem to also add to the noise. I was running Michelin Pilot Sport 3 on my Jetta from day 1 which were super silent in the beginning but have now developed noise after close to forty six thousand kilometers. Not sure if others too feel that the noise levels on the Passat are definitely high or am I being too fussy??

Quote:

Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead (Post 4545613)
Did you check the tyre pressures? That could also make the tyres noisy. If the issue is louder engine noise, there's something fishy. I found the car to be much more hushed as compared to let's say the Octavia, Jetta diesel units. Do check under the hood, if the insulation sheet is properly placed or not, if it still persists then need to check further.

My folly!!! When I received the vehicle from the dealer, I did not realize that the car was in sports mode. stupid: I realized this only today morning and after switching to Comfort & Normal mode found the car very relaxing to drive. The noise levels were also significantly reduced and in fact much smoother than my Jetta. I verified this after driving back to back both the Jetta and the Passat. While scrolling through the screens during the day, I remember seeing the tire pressures to be around 32 to 33 psi which I think is on the lower side. I guess 36psi is the correct tire pressure. I will check the tyre pressures tomorrow and refill if required.

Does it have only 1 ambient lighting colour ( white ) ? Just took the delivery of the car and already impressed with it’s drive and handling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudhir3127 (Post 4546069)
Does it have only 1 ambient lighting colour ( white ) ? Just took the delivery of the car and already impressed with it’s drive and handling.

So far even I have seen only one ambient lighting color scheme i.e white. I could not locate any color customization options in the infotainment menus. May be more experienced Passat owners can comment on this please:.

Indian Passat doesn't have the ambient plus package. Internationally Passat gets 3 color options i.e. Yellow, white and blue. AFAIK that feature is bundled with virtual instruments only for the Passat. Might come next year in the facelift.

Would anyone like to comment on which VW service centre would be the best in Delhi NCR. My car is coming up for the complimentary 1,000km service very soon and would like to ensure that it gets the best treatment during its lifetime with me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kslives (Post 4546653)
Would anyone like to comment on which VW service centre would be the best in Delhi NCR. My car is coming up for the complimentary 1,000km service very soon and would like to ensure that it gets the best treatment during its lifetime with me.

Can't comment about Delhi showrooms but the Gurgaon ones are rather ordinary, so it's best to avoid them. I've been sending my Jetta for yearly service, and in more cases than not, they aren't able to answer many of my basic questions about the car.