Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2019, 01:08   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmody View Post
I bought the CL itself. Was able to negotiate 7.5 lacs discount for the black oak brown colour. For white or silver the discount was 1 lac less. I just realised that I don't have any good photos yet.. Will take them tomorrow and post.

QQ - Was this discount on OTR or ex showroom? Of ex, was the road tax proportionately reduced?
Old 7th June 2019, 01:21   #212
BHPian

Re: Driven: Volkswagen Passat

Quote:
I hope to reach an amicable solution as soon as possible and so had posted the query if someone could guide on the same so that I can speak to the dealer and VW accordingly as I don't know how come the fault code doesn't show in VW factory scan tool.
Sorry for the delayed reply but had to get some facts clear from some people, before gave you assistance from my end.
Once a car is invoiced and delivered, the company in no condition will take the car back or replace it. (As per internal company policy)
Options
1. If they have offered to fix everything to your satisfaction, then request them to honor and fix with immediate effect any and every complaint arising out of the repeat errors may it be long term consumable part, not short term. And incase the vehicle is held at the dealership for repairs or observations for more than a day, then they give you a Loaner car = or only a Segment lower than your vehicle.
2. is the legal recourse going to the consumer court, and if you have pure evidence that they have been unfair with you, you can file a petition against the Company and the Dealership.
My advice would be to go with option 1 and keep option 2 incase things keep repeating (Which I hope they won't)
So Best of Luck and Plz keep us updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_behera View Post
The screen guard for the infotainment on my car is hard plastic, probably tempered glass.
I found it on Amazon India .
Niceeee how come I didn't come across this one before, Incase you come across good quality Wind Deflectors for the doors do let me know. Though I have found 3 companies on aliexpress, but still not sure as they are for US$66 to US$88.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Gents, time you all posted some pictures of your new steeds! The Passat looks stunning in any color. In Coimbatore, I came across an immaculate blue HL and noted it easily surpassed the eyeball quotient of equivalent sized Mercs & Audis.
Sure, here are a few i clicked for a friend in a hurry, but will click better ones and post them later, with the DRLs ON and the Sun roof rolled back all posing .

Quote:
I bought the CL itself. Was able to negotiate 7.5 lacs discount for the black oak brown colour. For white or silver the discount was 1 lac less. I just realised that I don't have any good photos yet.. Will take them tomorrow and post.
Not Bad bud you got a better deal than me am shy by 25 grands, but on the HL. I think I need to reassess my negotiation skills.
Though this was the only Orxy White HL in North India at the time. I know because I called all the dealerships in the North and 1 in Chennai to squeeze out the best deal.
Attached Thumbnails
Driven: Volkswagen Passat-img20190606wa0003.jpeg  

Driven: Volkswagen Passat-img20190606wa0005.jpeg  

Driven: Volkswagen Passat-img20190606wa0007.jpeg  

Driven: Volkswagen Passat-img20190606wa0008.jpeg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th June 2019 at 09:26. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post. Please go by the rules of the board. Thanks.
Kanboy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 09:02   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanboy View Post
Sorry for the delayed reply but had to get some facts clear from some people, before gave you assistance from my end.
I am of course leaning towards option 1 as well.
As long as they show intent to resolve it. As per latest developments though it seems there is some movement towards a reasonable settlement.

I think you did get a better deal as I said discount was 7.5 was for black oak brown and 6.5 for white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
QQ - Was this discount on OTR or ex showroom? Of ex, was the road tax proportionately reduced?
Discount was OTR in Mumbai. I tried all options through the dealership and my own RTO agent but road tax was on the original amount and not on discounted amount.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th June 2019 at 20:29. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 7th June 2019, 16:24   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Discount was OTR in Mumbai. I tried all options through the dealership and my own RTO agent but road tax was on the original amount and not on discounted amount.
Today found out its the same position here in Chandigarh, they pick the Base price before discount and I lost 65g's there as my entire calculation was on the discounted price, very surprising though as it should be against the amount paid. Anyhow that was the least of my worries as the new rule for "OUT of TURN NON FANCY NUMBER" states now we have to bid for that available number too just in case there is someone else who MAY be interested in the same number and the minimum bid is Rs.1000 over and above Rs. 5000 which one anyhow has to pay. Prefer the Registration in dealership like in the other states.
Old 9th June 2019, 12:06   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_behera View Post
The screen guard for the infotainment on my car is hard plastic, probably tempered glass.

I found it on Amazon India here.

Let me first try with my local contacts if they can design such a cutout with a clear finish for the gear selector guard.

The screen guard is also available on aliexpress, great quality and much cheaper too. Just that the wait time is unpredictable but good product.

BTW in in Turkey currently and to my surprise, I see more Passats than any of the big 3 Germans! Just validates the fact that you don't have to shell out extra just for a badge when you get more value for your money in the Passat!!
kslives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 19:50   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This fault comes only in aggressive UDS mode of VCDS when the car is switched on. With the car off this fault code does not show.
Alternatively is there some other mode the VW factory scan tool should be used in to get the same fault ?
Any help is truly truly appreciated.
Erase the error code. Use the car for a week and then scan to see if it comes back. Most probably it won't, 99.9%.

If it comes back and car drives fine; enjoy the car. Over analysis takes away the joy of driving.
Old 9th July 2019, 19:39   #217
BHPian

Called up Sundaram motors, Chennai, to enquire on Passat and was told that it has been discontinued now. Any official news in this regard?
rama75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 22:24   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

My understanding is that all stocks are sold out and 2019 fresh vehicles are inbound. However no official confirmation. Additionally VW may just stop selling the current model and wait for the facelifted kits to make their way to IN. That will be late 2019 if not early 2020.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 10:01   #219
BHPian

First of all a very big thank you to all who helped me after my post.

A small update on my initial niggles

1. I was able to reach an amicable solution with Volkswagen after the owner of the dealership got involved. The owner seemed a genuine person and was able to reach a conclusion with him in 30-40 mins.
2. Mr. Carson the tech head for Skoda VW himself came down to the workshop and worked on the car which gave me a lot of mental peace. He was a super person to deal with and very straight. Not like the other fools they have in place at VW. I would truly recommend dealing with him over others for any issues related to VW or Skoda.
3. The car has been repaired to satisfaction with the seat ventilation fan being replaced. DSG error never came back so has been resolved without any work required.

So overall am now back to enjoying my purchase and I can truly say this is one of the best all rounder cars you can buy. Quick when required, dynamically very good, comfortable and frugal.

To reply to one of the posts regarding availability - As of my last interaction the Mumbai dealer Shaman had 1-2 HL models available with them as of last week as another friend of mine was negotiating one of them. However he wasn't giving as much of a discount as i got because the demand for the passat in Mumbai seems quite good at these prices and no more cars left at the plant with VW.
cmody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 17:01   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

A comprehensive review of the 2019 facelifted Passat:

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/passat
Old 22nd July 2019, 20:47   #221
BHPian

So my VW Passat visited the Service Center (VW Madras - KUN OMR) today for the 7500kms free inspection with Odo Reading at ~7900kms. The inspection took about 3 hours to complete.

Following inspections and maintenance were carried out:
-Full underbody inspection - Okay
-Suspension and brake pads inspection - Okay
-Engine Oil Level check - Okay, Topped up
-Brake Oil Level check - Okay
-Coolant Level check - Okay, Topped up
-Full system scan - 1 Error, Fixed (See details below)
-Battery level check - Okay
-Service/Inspection Interval Reset
Not sure what checks VW recommends as part of 7500kms inspection since I could not find any VW notice on what is to be covered during this inspection.

More or less everything turned out to be okay except that the full system scan threw an Error. I do not remember the exact error message verbatim but it was something like this: "00033 Multifunctional Module Error - Right side on continuous overactive/drive mode". The service guys were quick to point out that this is a non-serious issue caused due to some settings change in the MFD/Infotainment system.
They zeroed in on the Travel Mode feature. After I purchased the car, I remembered setting the Travel Mode to active not knowing what exactly it is.

Apparently, the feature is about reducing dazzle from auto headlights when a right-hand vehicle is driven in a left-hand country and vice versa. To avoid dazzling oncoming cars from the auto headlight, the travel mode feature needs to be activated when you travel abroad where the driving style is different from your home country. Also, VW recommends to switch off travel mode once you are back to your home country. Looks like my car has been on Travel mode active for quite some time that's the reason for the overactive mode. Google search showed me more details on the travel mode feature here.

If you change your country permanently or stay for a long time abroad where the driving style is different from your home country, the auto headlamps need to be adjusted by the VW service center. If you do not this after a prolonged stay with Travel Mode Active, this error code throws up. Some really quirky VW implementation here!

Long story cut short, the service guys then quickly disabled the Travel Mode(Travel Mode Set to Inactive) and then performed the scan again. It was a big sigh of relief that the error code was gone!!!

I requested the following work not to be carried out:
-Air filling/Wheel alignment (Nitrogen in my car tires + wheels balanced at a tire shop near home).
-Car Interior/Exterior Wash (Car has ceramic coating + it was raining today, so decided against doing it)

The following additional work was carried out on my request:
-All Door Beading lubrication
-Sunroof Beading lubrication (creaking sound, mostly on inclines while entering service lanes)

Here is the copy of my invoice. Total Damage: Rs960/- since I purchased a liter of Engine Oil (Castrol Edge Professional 5W 40). I always have a liter of engine oil in my car as a precautionary measure, a practice since my Jetta days.
Driven: Volkswagen Passat-1897443d1563804693tdrivenvolkswagenpassatvwpassatinspection22july2019-edited.jpg

Got this car care kit as a token gift.
Driven: Volkswagen Passat-vw-passat-inspection-22-july-2019-car-kit.jpg

The only thing not resolved is the Sunroof creaking sound on inclines. Even after lubrication, I still hear the noise on inclines but this is something that I can live with for now.

Car drives like a charm after the inspection. All in all a good experience so far.

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd July 2019 at 18:15. Reason: Image edited on request.
deep_behera is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 06:50   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent and crisp summary. Looks like carrying a bottle of engine oil and a beading lubricant like Gummi Pledge is a given. I also detest the sunroof creaking in my Octavia. Unacceptable for a modern MQB platform vehicle!

We want pictures!!! Also please hide all personal details on your invoice before uploading.

Last edited by itwasntme : 23rd July 2019 at 06:57.
Old 23rd July 2019, 19:40   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Excellent and crisp summary. Looks like carrying a bottle of engine oil and a beading lubricant like Gummi Pledge is a given. We want pictures!!! Also please hide all personal details on your invoice before uploading.
Yes, Gummi Pflege is a must as well and I carry it in my car at all times. The several meters of door beadings on the Passat do an excellent job of insulating from outside as long as they are properly lubricated! I ensure that I lubricate them at least once a month with Gummi Pflege.
Also, thanks to prompt Team-BHP support, I was able to blank out the personal details on the invoice.
Here are some pictures of my Passat from my iPhone, so pardon the not so great quality of the images.

Driven: Volkswagen Passat-img_20190217_175143.jpg

Driven: Volkswagen Passat-img_20190217_175208.jpg

Driven: Volkswagen Passat-img_20190315_222044.jpg

Driven: Volkswagen Passat-img_20190601_225726.jpg

Driven: Volkswagen Passat-passat1.jpg

Driven: Volkswagen Passat-passat2.jpg

Driven: Volkswagen Passat-passat3.jpg

Driven: Volkswagen Passat-passat4.jpg

Driven: Volkswagen Passat-passat5.jpg

Driven: Volkswagen Passat-passat6.jpg

Driven: Volkswagen Passat-passat7.jpg

Driven: Volkswagen Passat-passat8.jpg
deep_behera is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 13:43   #224
BHPian

Hi,

Just wanted to check if the back light in the instrument panel, turn on when you put the headlight switch to the parking lights mode. It's strange that in my car, when I put it in this mode, all other interior lights turn on except for the instrument panel.

In my experience with all other cars, the back light in the instrument panel also comes on when you switch to the parking lights mode.
Old 24th July 2019, 14:12   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kslives View Post
Hi,

Just wanted to check if the back light in the instrument panel, turn on when you put the headlight switch to the parking lights mode. It's strange that in my car, when I put it in this mode, all other interior lights turn on except for the instrument panel.

In my experience with all other cars, the back light in the instrument panel also comes on when you switch to the parking lights mode.
Unless we are suffering from the same gremlin, this is a standard silly 'feature' on VAG cars as my Skoda Octavia does exactly the same thing. Can an expert please guide us if we are doing something wrong?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks