Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2019, 16:48   #256
BHPian

Re: Driven: Volkswagen Passat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kslives View Post
Hi Guys - Which VW service centre would you recommend in Delhi NCR? My car is due for it's 1st service (15k) very soon and I want to make sure that it's not a torrid experience.

I got my previous "free" services (check-ups) from Frontier Autoworld, Gurgaon and I'm not particularly pleased with their level of service..
Very common in VW cars unfortunately. But just ignore it, its dries up in a week of sunlight.. once you get it.

PS: Its November and still raining here
Old 8th November 2019, 14:28   #257
BHPian

Can anyone throw some light on how to procure and install the original Passat B8 digital instrument cluster (immobilizer) for our version of the car.

I believe the part no. is 3G0920791 C and new a new version is also out: 3G0920790.

Has anyone got it installed yet?
Old 6th January 2020, 15:36   #258
BHPian

Hi All,

My driver side headlight has been showing condensation on the inside. This comes in the evening after I get back from work. It dries up in some time (maybe 20-30 mins) and it's dry again by the morning.

Is this normal, considering it's a new car (not even a year old). The headlight was recently changed as I was involved in a minor accident which damaged my headlight. This was replaced along with the other works at the Gurgaon VW workshop (Frontier Autoworld). The condensation/fogging only seems to be happening on this light, not the other one.

Here are a few pictures taken on different days for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Driven: Volkswagen Passat-3-marked.jpg  

Driven: Volkswagen Passat-4-marked.jpg  

Driven: Volkswagen Passat-5-marked.jpg  

Driven: Volkswagen Passat-6-marked.jpg  

Old 12th January 2020, 10:06   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone throw some light on how to procure and install the original Passat B8 digital instrument cluster (immobilizer) for our version of the car.

I believe the part no. is 3G0920791 C and new a new version is also out: 3G0920790.

Has anyone got it installed yet?
Hey Kslives, I have seen a video on YouTube about this and its possible. It isn't rocket science but you need to take apart alot of things in the dashboard which may require alot of heart and patience to do to a new car.
There is a digital instrument cluster for the B8 on sale at aliexpress do check it out.

Quote:
Hi All,

My driver side headlight has been showing condensation on the inside. This comes in the evening after I get back from work. It dries up in some time (maybe 20-30 mins) and it's dry again by the morning.

Is this normal, considering it's a new car (not even a year old). The headlight was recently changed as I was involved in a minor accident which damaged my headlight. This was replaced along with the other works at the Gurgaon VW workshop (Frontier Autoworld). The condensation/fogging only seems to be happening on this light, not the other one.

Here are a few pictures taken on different days for reference.
I am facing a similar issue with my headlights (Both have the exact same issue) like your pictures and have written to vw about it. I have not received any reply in this regard as yet. Many other owners have faced similar issues and have been updating the thread mentioned below. Please do inform VW from your end as well, may be it puts enough pressure onto them to look for a resolution.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...tdi-dsg-3.html (My search for an automatic car ends with the Volkswagen Passat Highline 2.0 TDI DSG)
Old 12th January 2020, 10:34   #260
BHPian

I did write to them and they have arranged for a workshop visit next week. Let's see what happens. I'm also getting some noise under the car (probably suspension) but only when I go over a speed breaker.. not on uneven surfaces..
Old 23rd February 2020, 18:08   #261
BHPian

The first paid service(15000Kms) for my VW Passat Highline came up in about 10 months of ownership.
In addition to the periodic maintenance, I requested the Service Advisor to clean and lubricate the door beadings and also to fix the Sunroof creaking noise present since the initial days of ownership. I also informed the Service Advisor not to wash the car, not to check tire pressure and not to perform any wheel alignment.

Since the car is under 4ever care program, the service charges were waived off.
Driven: Volkswagen Passat-passat-1st-service-teambhp.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised by the ridiculously low invoice amount (Rs7517-with taxes) - I remember paying close to Rs22000/- for the last service of my Jetta before it was sold!!!

However looking further into the invoice, I noticed that the fuel filter has not been replaced. I immediately brought this to the notice of the service advisor. I understood that they neither had the fuel filter in their inventory nor were they fully aware of the recommended interval for fuel filter change in Passat. The technician mentioned that the fuel filter condition was really good and not required to change immediately and also that they were changing the fuel filters for Tiguan and Passat only every 30,000kms.

Not convinced with their response and not wanting to take any chances, I pointed to the periodic maintenance chart(that showed Passat fuel filter change every 15000kms) and informed the service advisor that I will consider the Service complete only after the fuel filter is replaced. Also, I will provide the Service feedback only after fuel filter replacement is completed!!!

The Service advisor informed me that the fuel filter will arrive in about a week from Pune. He also agreed to share with me, the recommendations provided in VW ELSA on Passat fuel filter change interval.

With the periodic Maintenance done and all requests handled except for the fuel filter replacement and sunroof squeaking noise, my visit to the Service Center lasted about 4 hours.

The fuel filter replacement part arrived only 5 weeks later, that too after numerous followup calls. I understood that delays were due to the holiday period, but 5 weeks was just too much waiting for a fuel filter change. The fuel filter was replaced within 30 minutes, but no response yet on the fuel filter change interval as recommended in the VW ELSA Manual. I paid another Rs2150/- for the fuel filter replacement.

Driven: Volkswagen Passat-passat-1st-service-fuel-filter-teambhp.jpg

So in total, I paid around Rs9700 for the first service. I expect the next paid regular paid service to cost around Rs20K to Rs30k which I think is okay for a D2 segment car.

To sum up my first paid service experience for the Passat, I would say overall mixed feelings:

Pros:
-Only 5 hours spent at the Service Center for the paid service including fuel filter replacement.
-Ridiculously low 1st-year service cost (~Rs9700/- overall) for a D2 segment car.
-Car drives like a charm.

Cons:
-5 weeks waiting for a regular part like fuel filter and service team clueless on the fuel filter replacement interval.
-No fix yet for the Sunroof squeaking sound.

I would really appreciate any feedback from fellow owners of Passat/Tiguan/Superb/Kodiaq on the VW recommended replacement interval for fuel filter change.
deep_behera is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 00:08   #262
BHPian

Quote:
I did write to them and they have arranged for a workshop visit next week. Let's see what happens. I'm also getting some noise under the car (probably suspension) but only when I go over a speed breaker.. not on uneven surfaces..
Is this on the front right side? I am facing a similar issue in my car and wanted to check if you found the reason for the sound.
Old 24th February 2020, 23:46   #263
BHPian

It's coming more from the left side.. They have taken my car in several times and honestly, I'm quite sick of it as each time they take my car, they keep it at least for a day then return it by saying that the noise is gone whereas there is no difference. This time they sent their senior most technician to do a test drive with me and on doing so he's convinced that there is a noise and he will record this and highlight it to the vw technicians and if need be take the car to their development centre in Gurgaon...
Old 25th February 2020, 00:15   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It's coming more from the left side.. They have taken my car in several times and honestly, I'm quite sick of it as each time they take my car, they keep it at least for a day then return it by saying that the noise is gone whereas there is no difference. This time they sent their senior most technician to do a test drive with me and on doing so he's convinced that there is a noise and he will record this and highlight it to the vw technicians and if need be take the car to their development centre in Gurgaon...
Seems to be a common problem among VAG D1/D2 segment i.e. Octavia, Jetta. Superb & Passat.

In the Octavia it develops over time as the stabilizer link rods degenerate. Noise is louder when it is colder and/or dryer weather. Service center lubricates it but it returns in a few days time.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...eview-124.html
https://pmmonline.co.uk/technical/sq...nt-suspension/
https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topi...ng-suspension/

In the Passat it is common too as I understand. See this link - worth checking out with the technical SME:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ptsmjhnve...20353.pdf?dl=0
https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...pension-squeak
Old 13th June 2020, 13:15   #265
BHPian

Hi All, need urgent assistance.. Some jerk has scratched along my bonnet yesterday. Is there a fix for this? I am really dreading going to the workshop and using my insurance so if I can get any other fix, that'll really help. ThanksDriven: Volkswagen Passat-imageuploadedbyteambhp1592034284.753868.jpgDriven: Volkswagen Passat-imageuploadedbyteambhp1592034298.005867.jpg
Old 13th June 2020, 16:53   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All, need urgent assistance.. Some jerk has scratched along my bonnet yesterday. Is there a fix for this?

Really unfortunate. But this doesn't look deep in the pictures and if that's the case, this will buff right off. Go to a good detailer even 3M can do it, and ask for a good rubbing compound step correction. It'll vanish 99%.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2020, 16:56   #267
BHPian

The VW workshop is asking for 14k plus taxes
Old 13th June 2020, 17:30   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Even they will just polish it for you for less. But I agree that you should go to a detailer.

Before I left England, 15 years ago, touching up scratches etc had long been a thing. Why not here? Why is it always "have to paint whole panel" here?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 09:02   #269
BHPian

Went to a 3M authorized detailer. The scratches are gone! Luckily they weren't that deep and the paint got saved
kslives is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 21:35   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The scratches are gone!
Good result! But do tell us... how much did it cost?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks