Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2019, 11:01   #181
BHPian

Re: Driven: Volkswagen Passat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
Surprising to see no other colour options available. Did you ask the dealer to place a fresh order to the factory or did you choose from what they had in stock? Would have been better if it was possible to check with a few other dealers for availability.

I wonder if VW is preparing to introduce the face-lift Passat soon?
I did not want to wait any further, so I chose what was readily available. But, it seems that other colors are not available as the kits have been exhausted. At least that is what I have been told; I did not check with other sources.

The new Passat is atleast sometime away in international markets. And apart from styling changes, the main changes seem to be towards semi-autonomous driving. I doubt that will come to India. My view: no point waiting for the new version to appear in Indian shores.
pnredkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2019, 21:09   #182
BHPian

Hey guys,
Hearty Congratulations to fellow Bhpians who have Bought this elegant Beast in many different colour. I have been tinkering with the idea of buying the Passat Highline and contacted the dealer and found out about the discounts and availability. Being a proud Jetta(remapped) owner myself for the last 7yrs having driven it more than 226000kms in which I have had a Love Hate relationship with VW Service, but still get all my periodic Services done at the Service Center as they are efficient. Now I have a simple question for you all, and I hope you don't mind as my query is genuine.
1. What about the Air Conditioner, Does it cool well?
2. Any one had any complaints with it yet? As VW AC in my Jetta has been a pain and the only component which repeatedly needs a change every 2 years or 60000kms approx...Thats the average duration of change of the compressors and Dryers for my Jetta. Changed Compressor range from Sandon to Delphi. using Sandon at present.
If some one could confirm that VW has actually upgraded their Compressors and dryers then things will clarify for me so as to go in for this vehicle or not.
Thank you
Regards
Old 19th May 2019, 19:32   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanboy View Post
Hey guys,
Hearty Congratulations to fellow Bhpians who have Bought this elegant Beast in many different colour. I have been tinkering with the idea of buying the Passat Highline and contacted the dealer and found out about the discounts and availability. Being a proud Jetta(remapped) owner myself for the last 7yrs having driven it more than 226000kms in which I have had a Love Hate relationship with VW Service, but still get all my periodic Services done at the Service Center as they are efficient. Now I have a simple question for you all, and I hope you don't mind as my query is genuine.
1. What about the Air Conditioner, Does it cool well?
2. Any one had any complaints with it yet? As VW AC in my Jetta has been a pain and the only component which repeatedly needs a change every 2 years or 60000kms approx...Thats the average duration of change of the compressors and Dryers for my Jetta. Changed Compressor range from Sandon to Delphi. using Sandon at present.
If some one could confirm that VW has actually upgraded their Compressors and dryers then things will clarify for me so as to go in for this vehicle or not.
Thank you
Regards
I am among few people who made use of the offers running and picked up a passat highline 2 weeks back. AC chills like a freezer thought it can be bit noisy at the beginning if you switch on during the middle of the hot day.

And - so far - no complaints i have had unlike i had plenty with my laura at the beginning when i picked up 8/9 years back!
maheshramaling is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 22:25   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshramaling View Post
I am among few people who made use of the offers running and picked up a passat highline 2 weeks back. AC chills like a freezer thought it can be bit noisy at the beginning if you switch on during the middle of the hot day.

And - so far - no complaints i have had unlike i had plenty with my laura at the beginning when i picked up 8/9 years back!

Congrats. Beautiful, if underrated, car this. How much did you knock off the ex-showroom? 7-8lacs? It doesn't sell much so I assume a figure around that mark shouldn't be unreasonable.
Old 19th May 2019, 22:49   #185
BHPian

I had received a call yesterday from a dealer in Chennai saying the Passat is available only Black and White colours and are 2018 models. Earlier they had brown available as well which was probably from their yard but from the factory, it was either Black or White.
Old 20th May 2019, 01:29   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Congrats. Beautiful, if underrated, car this. How much did you knock off the ex-showroom? 7-8lacs? It doesn't sell much so I assume a figure around that mark shouldn't be unreasonable.
Close but not to this extent. It's definitely a under rated and value of money car. It has most or more when compared to the other german trio's. A3 sounds pathetic when compared to passat.

Not sure why VW doesn't sell more units when superb can.
Old 21st May 2019, 01:47   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshramaling View Post

Thank you very much for the feedback sincerely appreciate it.
Test drove the car today, I am mighty impressed with the engine tuning and ride handling, and yes the ac chills loved the ventilated seats though would be better with a little more cushion in seats but that for now isnt much of a deal breaker, but there sure was quite a bit of road noise creeping into the cabin.
Rest lets see how the negotiations go with the dealer
Old 30th May 2019, 09:31   #188
BHPian

Hi all,

I took the delivery of my Oryx White Passat yesterday.
Driven: Volkswagen Passat-photo4.jpg

It's bigger size over the Vento did not hinder while driving, though I will have to be extra cautious while parking.
Driven: Volkswagen Passat-photo5.jpg

I am currently reading the owner's manual and getting acquainted with the feature. There are so many of them, I will at least take a week to be completely familiar with the car. According to the SA, the 2018 stocks are almost exhausted while the 2019 kits are awaited. However, the current discount is expected to be discontinued on the new kits. If anyone of you wants to avail of the discount, please hurry.

I have started constructing my initial review. Hope to post it in a few days.
pnredkar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 20:36   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnredkar View Post
Hi all,

Attachment 1880365

It's bigger size over the Vento did not hinder while driving, though I will have to be extra cautious while parking.
Attachment 1880367

I am currently reading the owner's manual and getting acquainted with the feature. There are so many of them, I will at least take a week to be completely familiar with the car. According to the SA, the 2018 stocks are almost exhausted while the 2019 kits are awaited. However, the current discount is expected to be discontinued on the new kits. If anyone of you wants to avail of the discount, please hurry.

Hi congrats on the new Buy. The white looks very elegant.

Is this vehicle from the PPS VW? and is it Comfortline? How much discount you got for this?

The VW has stopped the Passat production and it will start only from next month. Then this should be the 2018 version, you should have got good discount.

I was offered 6lacs discount from PPS VW white comfortline, but i was looking at Highline version. As of now i am driving Jetta Highline.

Enjoy your ride and share the Experience. Any support you need on the service part, please message me, My friends are there in VW palace cross services.

regards
Deepak
kdeepakk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 10:11   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
Hi congrats on the new Buy. The white looks very elegant.

Is this vehicle from the PPS VW? and is it Comfortline? How much discount you got for this?

The VW has stopped the Passat production and it will start only from next month. Then this should be the 2018 version, you should have got good discount.
Thanks. This vehicle is the Highline version and was bought from VW Palace Cross road showroom. I got the corporate discount, loyalty and exchange bonus (on existing Vento exchange) on top of the reduced ex-showroom price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
I was offered 6lacs discount from PPS VW white comfortline, but i was looking at Highline version. As of now i am driving Jetta Highline.

There seems to be a grey Highline version at PPS and a black Highline version at VW Palace cross. You may inquire and still avail of the huge discounts.
Old 2nd June 2019, 01:44   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

Attachment 1880365

Attachment 1880367

Hi pnredkar,
Congratulations on your new buy. I too have purchased the Orxy White, but still eagerly waiting for my Owner's manual to arrive as the dealership misplaced the Original. Please do share your review and also can we configure to run only the DRLs on COMING HOME mode without the headlights?
Thank you and congratulations again
Kanboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 18:44   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Hi pnredkar,
Congratulations on your new buy. I too have purchased the Orxy White, but still eagerly waiting for my Owner's manual to arrive as the dealership misplaced the Original. Please do share your review and also can we configure to run only the DRLs on COMING HOME mode without the headlights?
Thank you and congratulations again

Thanks. I do not think that you can just configure your DRLs on Coming Home without the headlights. Here are the relevant pages from manual:

Driven: Volkswagen Passat-page1.jpg

Driven: Volkswagen Passat-page2.jpg
pnredkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 19:29   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I do not think that you can just configure your DRLs on Coming Home without the headlights. Here are the relevant pages from manual:

Attachment 1881130

Attachment 1881131
Thank you that answers my question well.

But now I see the Headlight leveler on the bottom of the page, but couldn't find that either on the settings as I felt the lights were set a little low even after changing the setting to R-Hand Traffic, so did it the traditional way with the screwdriver
have you encountered any issue with the road noise? I feel my OEM Apollo Aspire 4Gs are a bit noisy.

At last got a screen guard for the audio control system and gear selector. Now the screen is far less smudgy, as the screen i felt was a smudge attractor.
Attached Thumbnails
Driven: Volkswagen Passat-img20190602wa0005.jpeg  

Driven: Volkswagen Passat-img20190602wa0007.jpeg  

Driven: Volkswagen Passat-img20190602wa0008.jpeg  

Last edited by Kanboy : 2nd June 2019 at 19:35.
Old 3rd June 2019, 08:12   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you that answers my question well.

But now I see the Headlight leveler on the bottom of the page, but couldn't find that either on the settings as I felt the lights were set a little low even after changing the setting to R-Hand Traffic, so did it the traditional way with the screwdriver
have you encountered any issue with the road noise? I feel my OEM Apollo Aspire 4Gs are a bit noisy.
The manual seems to be applicable to all Passat versions internationally. The Headlight leveler statement applies to versions with manual adjustments. The next page says:

Quote:
There is no manual adjustment option if the vehicle has dynamic headlight range control. The headlight range automatically adapts to the vehicle load level as soon as the front headlights are switched on.
Quote:
At last got a screen guard for the audio control system and gear selector. Now the screen is far less smudgy, as the screen i felt was a smudge attractor.
Which screen guard did you get? I would also like to get one.
Old 4th June 2019, 15:57   #195
BHPian

Just bought the new Passat Comfort Line and the new car came with many faults.
The one I'm particularly worried about which shows in VCDS but not in the VW factory scan tool is as follows

Address 02: Auto Trans (J743)
1 Fault Found:
10906 - Cooling Oil Valve
P179D 00 [002] - Electrical Malfunction
Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

I would truly appreciate if any BHPian can highlight how do I go about getting the same fault on the factory scan tool as VW is not agreeing to accept this fault as the report I give them is NON OFFICIAL.

This fault comes only in aggressive UDS mode of VCDS when the car is switched on. With the car off this fault code does not show.
Alternatively is there some other mode the VW factory scan tool should be used in to get the same fault ?
Any help is truly truly appreciated.

Last edited by aah78 : 4th June 2019 at 17:42. Reason: Typos fixed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks