Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2019, 16:15   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Driven: Volkswagen Passat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmody View Post
VW is not agreeing to accept this fault as the report I give them is NON OFFICIAL.

This fault comes only in aggressive UDS mode of VCDS when the car is switched on. With the car off this fault code does not show.
Why are you scanning your brand new car using your personal VCDS? Are you facing any issue while driving her?
Old 4th June 2019, 16:18   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Why are you scanning your brand new car using your personal VCDS? Are you facing any issue while driving her?
Yes. Was delivered the car with squeaks, creaks and rattles in the centre console. Seat Ventilation fan not working so decided to dig deeper and not trust VW. My experience unfortunately seems to be going towards another VW horror story.
Old 4th June 2019, 16:35   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Was delivered the car with squeaks, creaks and rattles in the centre console. Seat Ventilation fan not working so decided to dig deeper and not trust VW. My experience unfortunately seems to be going towards another VW horror story.
Oh bad!

But in this case, I would say just return the car and ask for a new one. At least that will put pressure on them to fix everything. You connecting your own VCDS would just help them void your warranty. If you are sure that you have been delivered a faulty car, anyways you can't fix her (assuming one thing will lead to another). Can you get the VIN checked to see when was it assembled, etc.?
Old 4th June 2019, 16:48   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Oh bad!

But in this case, I would say just return the car and ask for a new one. At least that will put pressure on them to fix everything. You connecting your own VCDS would just help them void your warranty. If you are sure that you have been delivered a faulty car, anyways you can't fix her (assuming one thing will lead to another). Can you get the VIN checked to see when was it assembled, etc.?
Been trying to get that done but as usual no one at VW has tried to solve the situation. It's like banging your head against a wall.

In fact I have it in writing from the dealer that they knew of fault codes and then sold the car to me.
Further they don't share logs with you as per company policy.
Have escalated to VW Germany. Let's hope things get sorted out.

Fixing everything has of course been offered many times by the dealer but it is such a bad feeling to be cheated so brazenly by VW dealers and the company does nothing about it.

Its my 4th VAG car so I guess I was playing Russian roulette.
Old 4th June 2019, 18:38   #200
BHPian

Hi Cmody, Congratulations !

A quick question - How did the dealer knew of the fault codes when the VW scan tool is not showing them ? So you bought the car knowing that these codes existed ? This is a new car and registered already perhaps and rattling /squeaking is quite common in VAG cars so I suggest you get these issues along the fan issue identified and fixed by the dealer who has already agreed to fix them.

As for fault codes , I don't think VW will accept the results from another source. They will only rely on theirs. If possible , why don't you visit another dealer's service center and have them scan it and see if they can detect.

I think that the fault codes is the only major issue which you found so something needs to happen on that front from VW side.
Good luck !
Old 4th June 2019, 18:49   #201
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Address 02: Auto Trans (J743)
1 Fault Found:
10906 - Cooling Oil Valve
P179D 00 [002] - Electrical Malfunction
Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

Sounds more like a sudden intermittent loose connection. Could be due to a variety of things like, expansion/ contraction of joints, a sudden connection loss due to a heavy jolt.

My Polo suddenly used to throw the ABS warning light occasionally but nothing got recorded. When the light became on permanently, the sensor failure showed up on VCDS.

Suggest you clear the fault code and scan again after a couple of weeks.
Old 4th June 2019, 23:08   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnredkar View Post
The manual seems to be applicable to all Passat versions internationally. The Headlight leveler statement applies to versions with manual adjustments. The next page says:.......
Which screen guard did you get? I would also like to get one.
Rightly said our cars come with auto leveler, but in my case as i travel extensively on the highway i wanted my lights focused a little bit higher for my convenience.

I got one from my Phone screengaurd guy I heard him speak to someone how his hard plastic screen gaurd for car touchscreens was better than the screen itself so thought of giving it a try, he specially came to my house and took perfect measurements for the screen , and as you can see from my pictures attached above he's done a good job. So incase u dont get anything similar in ur city let me know i will send you his number and you can get intouch with him. He already has the perfect size cut out for the Passat screen thank to me
Btw the dealership found my Owner's manual getting it tomorrow morning. So even am gonna start reading on the feature lists
Old 4th June 2019, 23:26   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Just bought the new Passat Comfort Line and the new car came with many faults.
The one I'm particularly worried about which shows in VCDS but not in the VW factory scan tool is as follows

1 Fault Found:

I would truly appreciate if any BHPian can highlight how do I go about getting the same fault on the factory scan tool as VW is not agreeing to accept this fault as the report I give them is NON OFFICIAL.

This fault comes only in aggressive UDS mode of VCDS when the car is switched on. With the car off this fault code does not show.
Alternatively is there some other mode the VW factory scan tool should be used in to get the same fault ?
Any help is truly truly appreciated.
Congratulations buddy on your new buy.
I hope you dont mind but seems like u have bought yourself a Demo/Display vehicle. As I too have bought the Display Vehicle, but all my error codes were to do with Battery disconnections and I have given an undertaking of knowing about them to vw. Incase your car is brand new, then there shouldn't be a single Error code, as informed by the sales rep to me. VW cars alike other car companies go through PDI at the factory and incase a defect is found has to be fixed there and then. Second problem can arrive when these cars are parked in dealer yards, which always have rodent infestations etc...As you say the dealership was aware of the codes seems to be a problem from their end until they can provide evidence of it coming like this from the company.
Btw sorry to be a buzz kill further only 2 cars are left with VW to my knowledge as of 27th May both 2018 manufactured and comfortline, colours white and dark oak
Old 4th June 2019, 23:37   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanboy View Post
Congratulations buddy on your new buy.
I hope you dont mind but seems like u have bought yourself a Demo/Display vehicle. As I too have bought the Display Vehicle, but all my error codes were to do with Battery disconnections and I have given an undertaking of knowing about them to vw. Incase your car is brand new, then there shouldn't be a single Error code, as informed by the sales rep to me. VW cars alike other car companies go through PDI at the factory and incase a defect is found has to be fixed there and then. Second problem can arrive when these cars are parked in dealer yards, which always have rodent infestations etc...As you say the dealership was aware of the codes seems to be a problem from their end until they can provide evidence of it coming like this from the company.
Btw sorry to be a buzz kill further only 2 cars are left with VW to my knowledge as of 27th May both 2018 manufactured and comfortline, colours white and dark oak
Hi Kanboy
Thank you.

No it's not a display car. Atleast I've paid for a new car. In fact was ordered from the plant as told to me and took 12 days to come.
But currently with my experience I can't trust anything the dealer or company say.

Am going to get all the proof tomorrow from the dealer regarding dispatch details from the plant and proof that it is a new car and not display or demo car as that was my initial thought as well.

I hope to reach an amicable solution as soon as possible and so had posted the query if someone could guide on the same so that I can speak to the dealer and VW accordingly as I don't know how come the fault code doesn't show in VW factory scan tool.
Old 5th June 2019, 01:56   #205
BHPian

Quote:

At last got a screen guard for the audio control system and gear selector. Now the screen is far less smudgy, as the screen i felt was a smudge attractor.
I do have a screen guard installed on the head unit of my Passat as well and indeed the screen is less smudgy now. The area around the gear selector does get very dirty. Can you please share the link where you purchased it?
Old 5th June 2019, 08:53   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_behera View Post
I do have a screen guard installed on the head unit of my Passat as well and indeed the screen is less smudgy now. The area around the gear selector does get very dirty. Can you please share the link where you purchased it?
Is your infotainment screen guard made of hard plastic or is it film types? I didnt purchase the Gear selector guard online, but got it custom made from a mobile store which sells screen protectors for Mobile Phone. It is that film type thing with leather finish as the person who installed it informed my only 2 films can bear the heat in the car matt finish and leather finish, as I wanted to get the clear finish on it.
Incase you don't find someone to make it for u let me know I will forward you the technicians number
Kanboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 16:19   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just bought the new Passat Comfort Line and the new car came with many faults.
The one I'm particularly worried about which shows in VCDS but not in the VW factory scan tool is as follows

1 Fault Found:

I would truly appreciate if any BHPian can highlight how do I go about getting the same fault on the factory scan tool as VW is not agreeing to accept this fault as the report I give them is NON OFFICIAL.

Alternatively is there some other mode the VW factory scan tool should be used in to get the same fault ?
Any help is truly truly appreciated.

Can you share a few pics of the model please? Also, please share the final deal you were able to crack for wider audiences' benefit? I am interested in the CL version...
Old 5th June 2019, 23:28   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Is your infotainment screen guard made of hard plastic or is it film types? I didnt purchase the Gear selector guard online, but got it custom made from a mobile store which sells screen protectors for Mobile Phone. It is that film type thing with leather finish as the person who installed it informed my only 2 films can bear the heat in the car matt finish and leather finish, as I wanted to get the clear finish on it.
Incase you don't find someone to make it for u let me know I will forward you the technicians number
The screen guard for the infotainment on my car is hard plastic, probably tempered glass.
I found it on Amazon India here.
Let me first try with my local contacts if they can design such a cutout with a clear finish for the gear selector guard.
Old 6th June 2019, 07:04   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Gents, time you all posted some pictures of your new steeds! The Passat looks stunning in any color. In Coimbatore, I came across an immaculate blue HL and noted it easily surpassed the eyeball quotient of equivalent sized Mercs & Audis.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 21:03   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Can you share a few pics of the model please? Also, please share the final deal you were able to crack for wider audiences' benefit? I am interested in the CL version...
I bought the CL itself. Was able to negotiate 7.5 lacs discount for the black oak brown colour. For white or silver the discount was 1 lac less. I just realised that I don't have any good photos yet.. Will take them tomorrow and post.

Last edited by cmody : 6th June 2019 at 21:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks