Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2006, 07:43   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight_club View Post
invincible i thought. my question is between Wagon R and new zen you will go for which one and why.
Seeing the new wagon R in a cool ivory colour with all the front grill addtions, I felt that as a better buy thanthe Estilo...WagonR definitely had a greater road presence...and for an extra of around 5k to 6k, I would definitely go for the time tested WagonR...

Quote:
another manufacure took the fun out from the car.
The Estilo, with its tall boy design, can never be as peppy as the old zen...
Old 12th December 2006, 08:33   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Seeing the new wagon R in a cool ivory colour with all the front grill addtions, I felt that as a better buy thanthe Estilo...WagonR definitely had a greater road presence...and for an extra of around 5k to 6k, I would definitely go for the time tested WagonR...
There is one green WagonR in trivandrum... Always seen at kawdiar... Side small graphics + nice alloys... Quite a looker... will try to get some pics...

But... The new redsigned wagonR looks ad in some colours, and looks great in some others... I like the green, the light blue, ivory... White, black all look bad...
Old 12th December 2006, 09:50   #33
BHPian

Estilo Pics

Got a few pictures of an Estilo in Hyderabad.The car was out to have itself kitted out at one of the Minister Road car accessory stores.

The rear of the car is strikingly ugly, as are the exposed wheel wells, thanks to the smallish tyres.
Old 12th December 2006, 11:37   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by airfoil View Post

The rear of the car is strikingly ugly, as are the exposed wheel wells, thanks to the smallish tyres.
Am not a fan of its looks... But... Its certainly doesnt look that bad either (Except rear ) ...

1. The sides... Look at the Santro in front... Much better than that anyway...

2. What wheel wells??? They wheels seem to fit rather nicely... (Indicas also are in the same segment)
Old 13th December 2006, 15:30   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
And I did feel its roomy.
Me and couple of friends went to TD the Estilo and checked the rear seat while at it. We couldnt close the door with three of us in the backseat.
Its strictly a 4 seater.
Old 20th December 2006, 14:10   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Drive the Swift.... Its not about FE at all. It has a strong build, good pickup, good weight and excellent road grip (with good tyres). Palio... is a good car, but its almost invisible
I agree with Aseem.I am driving SWIFT for past more than one year and that too in Pune where you guys are aware of road conditions and traffic.SWIFT has really a strong build,great pick up and very good handling....and this is a genuine feedbak,pls.don't take it as owner biased one...
Old 20th December 2006, 15:33   #37
BHPian

Hi, I saw the Estilo on the road the other day. Its pretty tiny. My first reaction was that someone had dipped the Innova in a bucket of water, and it shrunk. It looks very similar, or maybe like the Matiz on stilts. Very similar to both these cars, but because it is narrow, gives a very tall impression from front/back. I did not feel too positive about it. I remember the first time I saw the Zen and I really liked its looks. This car is not a Zen. At all. I will only call it the Estilo. From outside, one positive impression I got was, that it is an aerodynamic car. So, FE will probably be better than the Wagon R, if ratios are maintained the same.
Old 20th December 2006, 16:36   #38
Senior - BHPian

OT:

Looking at all the threads comparing Wagon-R and Estilo, I am wondering if Estilo will end up eating Wagon-R's market share rather than reclaiming Zen's market share.
Old 20th December 2006, 18:02   #39
Senior - BHPian

looks like a shrunk innova from maruti stable
Old 20th December 2006, 18:38   #40
BHPian

Looks like a cross between matiz and innova
Old 20th December 2006, 21:53   #41
Senior - BHPian

New ZEN EStilo is launched with MR WAGON body, wagonR/Alto platform, ZEN name for its popularity.

Maruti knows very well in India major car buyers are not aware of anything when they buy the car even they don't realize minor issues with their cars. Keeping this in mind Maruti to retain market share doing all these tricks. I liked New ZEN its very cute city car, its not ideal for real highway usage. Its just answer to coming soon Spark and other small cars. If someone don't decide to buy wagonR for its looks then its ideal to buy New ZEN. I also feel FE should be better with new ZEN and also handling.
But set back is one can't expect old zen's peppy driving, but I have not test driven new zen so not sure how good it is for driving comfort.

Only guys from TBHP and few other techies have habbit of doing R and D before they buy new/used car and test drive it and then decide.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 20th December 2006, 22:18   #42
rks
BANNED

Quote:
invincible i thought. my question is between Wagon R and new zen you will go for which one and why. i am frankly quite disappointed to see two cars in nearly the same segment on same platform.
I assume that the Wagon R duo will sell because of the LPG option. So the new Zen Estilo (cleverly named after a highly successful model, Zen) is presumably intended to cut into the Santro market. My main concern, as I pointed out in the other thread, is the short hood. Looks almost Omni-like to me. Will have to take a test drive to see its handling as compared to the Santro (which is excellent).
Old 20th December 2006, 22:42   #43
BHPian

Disappointing "Zen"

I took a test drive of Estilo last weekend and my opinions are:
  • The car is cute looking but is bigger inside then it actualy looks from outside
  • The gear shift is very poor. The gears just refuse to go into the slots and there is a lot of play in the gears.
  • The interior quality is poor, specialy the blower speed control and vent open/close. They are so small that I was afraid I would break them!
  • During the drive, I was afraid to take it beyond 60. The car felt very light at 70 kmph. It was almost like driving the Maruti van.
I know there are more negetives than positive in the above post but I went there with very high hopes from the new "Zen" but came back very disappointed!
Old 21st December 2006, 01:12   #44
BHPian

cant wait to get my hands behind this one and feel the drive..
Old 22nd December 2006, 13:49   #45

I too had a chance to check out the new Zen. Exteriors are superb but interiors seem so tacky.
Pls take a call . It looks too plasticky.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks