Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2018, 09:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Video: Tata Nexon (Diesel) Review & SWOT Analysis!

The review is neat and precise - Congratulations Karan.

I too have driven Naxon and it certainly is a lovely car, specifically the rear seat is much better compared to EcoSport as the under thigh support and the recline angle are much better. Even the front seat is more accommodating compared to EcoSport (I own 2016 model).

In terms of pricing, fit & finish - it can compete with anyone in the segment. Certainly qualifies for VFM.

A colleague of mine owns Tigor and is using Concorde for service. He is quite satisfied. I am sure even the after sales experience of Tata has improved now.

Cheers !

Last edited by i74js : 20th February 2018 at 09:43.
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 09:42   #17
YDS
BHPian

Well comprehended review karan561!
I am very much impressed by Nexon from Day1 and waiting for XZA Revotron. Also, I would like to know how easy is it to load/unload luggage in the boot?

For handbrake position, I think the interior layout of the car doesn't allow to keep handbrake on the driver side. In the present design, we slide our hand easily and pull the brake; if shifted to the driver side, it will become cumbersome to insert your fingers between panel & handbrake (with the left hand of course) and that would be more problematic.
Attached Thumbnails
Video: Tata Nexon (Diesel) Review & SWOT Analysis!-nexon.jpg  

YDS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 19:57   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Excellent review and analysis, Karan. Rating it a well-deserved 5-stars!
Thanks Avi for the 5* Rating !

Quote:
Slight correction here - most of the development work which went into this all-new 1.5L oil burner was conducted by Delphi TVS (FI system and fuel filters, calibrated in-house) and AVL Austria (engine simulations).

Bosch had almost no involvement in the development of the 1.5L Revotorq diesel, except for supplying 2-3 sensors related to air mass flow & boost pressure. Neither was Mahle, except maybe contributing the air filters. Honeywell acted as tuning support for the turbocharger mappings, so they had a larger role to play as compared to the other two above (Bosch & Mahle).

A request to edit the above line accordingly.
This is truly insightful

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
The review is neat and precise - Congratulations Karan.
Thanks !

Quote:
I too have driven Naxon and it certainly is a lovely car, specifically the rear seat is much better compared to EcoSport as the under thigh support and the recline angle are much better. Even the front seat is more accommodating compared to EcoSport (I own 2016 model).
I agree that the Nexon is having better rear seat comfort, but i think the Ecosport has better headroom & legroom.

Quote:
In terms of pricing, fit & finish - it can compete with anyone in the segment. Certainly qualifies for VFM.
Definitely !

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDS View Post
Well comprehended review karan561!
I am very much impressed by Nexon from Day1 and waiting for XZA Revotron. Also, I would like to know how easy is it to load/unload luggage in the boot?
Thanks YDS !

Honestly i did not try loading the boot with any luggage but on inspection of the boot it did not feel anything undoable
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 15:31   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
- The handbrake should have been on the driver side & not on the passenger side, not that you would be performing handbrake turns but still ergonomically most of us would prefer on the driver side.
Excellent review Karan and well done by Tata.

I test drove Nexon last week, honestly, I did not feel any ergonomic issue with that handbrake position. It is just a matter of habit.
Yes, it is not placed where we all are used to for so many years but space it frees up towards the right is so much useful. In conventional position, though almost all manufacturers provide a small space below handbrake, but that is not really useful.
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 14:35   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Excellent review Karan and well done by Tata.
Thanks Jet

Quote:
I test drove Nexon last week, honestly, I did not feel any ergonomic issue with that handbrake position. It is just a matter of habit.
True, just a matter of choice for most of the drivers & habit as you rightly said.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2018, 13:27   #21
BHPian

Wonderful review, Karan. Very neat and precise. I too owned a 2006 Tata Indigo Marina back in the day and when I test drove the Nexon, could see how far Tata has come with respect to engine refinement, interior fit and finish and aesthetics.

I'd be grateful if you could throw some more light on the 3 drive modes provided by Tata- City, Eco and Sports.
- What is the fuel economy differences in the 3 drive modes?
- How does the performance of the engine vary?

Also, could you kindly share your thoughts on how does this diesel engine perform as compared to its rivals - Ecosport and Brezza? Which out of the 3 diesels would be your pick as an enthusiast?

Thanks in advance.
pokerface23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2018, 17:20   #22
BHPian

"the Clutch felt too light for a Diesel" - why this has to be a negative? I would say this is a blessing when you drive in the bumper-to-bumper traffic of today's cities.

Personally, I do not see why should one differentiate the clutch for petrol or diesel.
drsk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2018, 18:36   #23
Senior - BHPian

Truly professional in your presentation, I liked the importance you gave to AC control switches without indicators, placement of handbrake( I use it a lot) and probably did not see this in any reviews. Tata could have thought of an RPM meter with a color changing LED lit background. Honeywell has put a lot of effort in tuning, once being a part of the group it is great to see their efforts benefiting customers.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 12:17   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerface23 View Post
Wonderful review, Karan. Very neat and precise. I too owned a 2006 Tata Indigo Marina back in the day and when I test drove the Nexon, could see how far Tata has come with respect to engine refinement, interior fit and finish and aesthetics.
Thanks pokerface !

Quote:
I'd be grateful if you could throw some more light on the 3 drive modes provided by Tata- City, Eco and Sports.
The drive modes are basically 3 throttle maps.
The city mode is the preset / default & will not really make you feel low/muted on power like the ECO mode in quest for better FE nor will it feel spiky like the Sport mode. But i really enjoyed driving the ECO mode the most as it really made the engine feel smooth & offered a nice jerk free (during gearshifts) experience. Where as Sport was a eager (in a good way).
Honestly i did not really test the difference in FE in all the modes but surely the ECO understandably would be the most economical.

Quote:
Also, could you kindly share your thoughts on how does this diesel engine perform as compared to its rivals - Ecosport and Brezza? Which out of the 3 diesels would be your pick as an enthusiast?
Brezza is the same old DDis engine, so its a tried & tested engine. Ecosport Diesel i am already using in the Figo so its a blast (in the Figo) but for the enthusiast the Nexon diesel is a pleasant surprise & should be my pick of the lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsk View Post
"the Clutch felt too light for a Diesel" - why this has to be a negative? I would say this is a blessing when you drive in the bumper-to-bumper traffic of today's cities.
I say the clutch is too light because it has a actuating point somewhere after its released by 25-30% or so & is pretty sharp after that, where as considering the torque of this engine it should have had more feel i.e. heaviness of clutch actuating way before than coming as a surprise.

Quote:
Personally, I do not see why should one differentiate the clutch for petrol or diesel.
So, you want the diesel & petrol clutch to act & feel the same... interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Truly professional in your presentation, I liked the importance you gave to AC control switches without indicators, placement of handbrake( I use it a lot) and probably did not see this in any reviews. Tata could have thought of an RPM meter with a color changing LED lit background. Honeywell has put a lot of effort in tuning, once being a part of the group it is great to see their efforts benefiting customers.
Thanks deehunk for your appreciation

PS - Apology for a delayed response guys, as i was traveling.
karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 13:57   #25
Senior - BHPian

Did you face any issues with respect to left knee space on the driver side?

I noticed during a brief test drive of Nexon that the left leg does not have much room to strech your knees sideways because of the central console tunnel stretching midway.
DCEite is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2018, 11:38   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Did you face any issues with respect to left knee space on the driver side?
No, i did not face any such issue.
Old 13th March 2018, 11:17   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerface23 View Post
This post should answer your questions better;

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4369601

Video: Tata Nexon (Diesel) Review & SWOT Analysis!-nexon-drive-modes-output-w.jpg
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks