Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2019, 11:24   #76
BHPian

Re: Driven: Volvo XC60

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumukha View Post
How is the performance now. By the way how much it costed you to upgrade ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
How much do they charge for the upgrade and what are the power and torque bumps post upgrade?
It cost me 50K. The price quoted was 1.3 lacs and without much haggling, it came down to 50K.

As for the performance, not much of a bump in power or torque (5 bhp and 20 NM) but the in gear acceleration has certainly improved, even in comfort mode. The car can really dart forward even when you are at low speeds, with a gentle push on the accelerator. But the biggest improvement can only be felt in Dynamic mode. That's when you can enjoy the difference in performance, especially on highways. Worth the money spent.

Check the link below for a better understanding of what the upgrade brings.
https://engineered.polestar.com/in/p...matic-2019-3-1
Old 17th February 2019, 14:08   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS_55_AMG View Post
Yes, there does seem to be some sort of 'lottery' system. My original choice was Crystal White with Amber interiors. However, they said the next white coming is with Maroon Brown interiors, which was not my first choice because it is not very different from the Dakota Cinnamon in my 520d. The dealer here in Mumbai also confirmed that they too, have received only 2 cars this month, with one being mine which is now en route Mumbai
Hi, I just took a test drive of the XC60 today. I read your post from a year ago could not find an update to that post. Could you please share an update on the experience so far; particularly as regards the service. I read a few detailed updates from V Narayan in Delhi which were quite reassuring. Wondering if its been the same for you in Mumbai.

Last edited by ampere : 17th February 2019 at 14:14. Reason: edited for readability
Old 20th March 2019, 12:57   #78
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Bhavesh Purswani has a question:

Quote:
I recently bought a new MY19 Volvo XC60 Inscription. The car which I test drove had paddle shifters in it. But the car which I got doesn't have them and I noticed it sometime after the delivery. The sales person said that Volvo has stopped offering them in MY19 models and the MY18 ones had them. Is this true?
Old 2nd August 2019, 20:05   #79
Senior - BHPian

I drove the XC60 T8 Hybrid a couple of days ago along with a friend who is looking for a new car. The variant I drove was the Inscription, so it was pretty much loaded. It also had some extra feature packs installed (mainly blind spot detection, cross traffic alert). As expected, the var is virtually noiseless when the ignition is switched, especially on the inside. Once on the move, the car picks up speed really fast, despite weighing a shade over 2000 kg.

Other than the usual P/R/N/D modes, the car also features a B mode, which the salesman told me enables brake energy regeneration. I sort of expected it slow the car down aggressively when the foot is off the A-pedal, but there was no great deceleration. Perhaps, it's something that could be changed in the settings, but I didn't find any options with a quick glance.

With the driving mode options, it is possible to put the car to "Pure" mode where the car runs exclusively on battery. Driving in "Pure" mode for about 5 km, accelerating to 100 km/h and maintaining the speed, showed a sharp drop in electric charge. I was surprised that the car stayed in "Pure" mode even at 3-digit speeds. I had expected the petrol engine to kick in at speeds above 80 km/h or so.

One impression I got is that the car is not as big on the inside as the exterior dimensions would suggest. There is no lack of space, but I expected more space at the rear. The rear door opening also felt a little narrow.

In all, the test drive lasted about 50 km, most of which was done in Hybrid mode. The MID showed FE just under 5L/100 km or 20 km/l+. This is really good for an SUV of this size. However, we had almost completely depleted the electric charge during that time. Continuing further would've brought down the FE quite quickly. But then again, a city dweller like me does not drive 50 km a day very often.

Would I buy one if I was in the market? Well, I might be tempted by a similarly equipped D4 version, which would be €8-10K cheaper.
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 07:27   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

2022 Volvo XC60 Face-lift:

Driven: Volvo XC60-15581183127637627606052983769703447819112174n.jpg

Driven: Volvo XC60-1540480279326016408835521139682653175779323n.jpg

Driven: Volvo XC60-1566020287680855341276549108717466326232621n.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 16:44   #81
k0p
BHPian

We will be taking delivery of an XC60 hopefully within this week. Does anybody know of a good source to buy accessories? The prices from Volvo are exorbitant! One can buy an entry-level compact car for that price.
Old 14th June 2021, 19:42   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0p View Post
We will be taking delivery of an XC60 hopefully within this week. Does anybody know of a good source to buy accessories? The prices from Volvo are exorbitant! One can buy an entry-level compact car for that price.
Congratulations..! I'm in the market for an XC 60 as well. May I ask which dealer/city and if any discounts are being offered right now?

Thanks.
Old 15th June 2021, 11:00   #83
k0p
BHPian

Hello. I did get a good deal but sorry I can't say much here because we know the dealer.

I believe Chandigarh and Hyderabad have the same dealer. They did make me a good offer as well. Very close to the one we are taking but we just felt more comfortable here because of the relationship. They did seem nice and professional. So you should be in good hands.

You might get a good deal on any remaining stock before the petrol-only facelift comes in. But be warned, the prices for accessories, warranty, and service package when put together can buy you a nice second car. But the XC60 was soo good and better than the GLC (the only other car we tried at the price point). The GLC showed a lot of body roll during our test drive and the backseat experience was more comparable to my Creta.
Old 21st October 2021, 23:56   #84
BHPian

Took delivery of this Swedish Beauty (D5 Diesel) this week. Finished in Pine Grey. Was very skeptical about the colour at first, but couldn't have a wider grin on my face after I saw it in flesh for the first time at delivery.

Will be a unique ownership experience for me owing to the fact that the nearest dealership is 400+kms away. Gratitude to Mr. @V.Narayan for being one of the reasons behind, us choosing Volvo. Also to @PaneristiHobbes for not blocking me on text while I kept asking silly questions about the vehicle

Will surely post a detailed initial ownership report very soon!

Some pictures of it :

Driven: Volvo XC60-img_5138.jpg

Driven: Volvo XC60-img_5137.jpg

Driven: Volvo XC60-img_5134.jpg

Name:  IMG_5139.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  313.5 KB
RishavRBhardwaj is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 14:41   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishavRBhardwaj View Post
Took delivery of this Swedish Beauty (D5 Diesel) this week. Finished in Pine Grey. Was very skeptical about the colour at first, but couldn't have a wider grin on my face after I saw it in flesh for the first time at delivery.

Will be a unique ownership experience for me owing to the fact that the nearest dealership is 400+kms away. Gratitude to Mr. @V.Narayan for being one of the reasons behind, us choosing Volvo. Also to @PaneristiHobbes for not blocking me on text while I kept asking silly questions about the vehicle

Will surely post a detailed initial ownership report very soon!

Some pictures of it :

Attachment 2222049

Attachment 2222050

Attachment 2222051

Attachment 2222052

Congratulations on your purchase. I am contemplating the new petrol hybrid. Can you throw some light on the discount you got on your deal and whether you were pushed towards Petrol Hybrid and the possible discounts on that as well.
Old 12th December 2021, 16:25   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasan.iyer View Post
Congratulations on your purchase. I am contemplating the new petrol hybrid. Can you throw some light on the discount you got on your deal and whether you were pushed towards Petrol Hybrid and the possible discounts on that as well.
Wonderful choice. The petrol hybrid, I’ve heard its really sprightly too.

Since mine was one from the last lot of diesels and I was in absolute love of the vehicle, I didn’t really have a lot of leverage at the negotiation table. I got ~2L discount on the ex-showroom. & a 2+2 year warranty and some useless velvet mats which I replaced the day I got the delivery.

Considering the petrol hybrid has just been launched, I don’t expect any mouthwatering deals.
Please call yourself very lucky if you manage to strech them anything beyond 75k. Better, try to squeeze as many years of extended warranty as you can. ( I believe they’ve brought in new extended warranty packages)

Cheers
Old 5th March 2022, 16:15   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishavRBhardwaj View Post
Wonderful choice. The petrol hybrid, I’ve heard its really sprightly too.

Since mine was one from the last lot of diesels and I was in absolute love of the vehicle, I didn’t really have a lot of leverage at the negotiation table. I got ~2L discount on the ex-showroom. & a 2+2 year warranty and some useless velvet mats which I replaced the day I got the delivery.

Considering the petrol hybrid has just been launched, I don’t expect any mouthwatering deals.
Please call yourself very lucky if you manage to strech them anything beyond 75k. Better, try to squeeze as many years of extended warranty as you can. ( I believe they’ve brought in new extended warranty packages)

Cheers

Can I ask around how much it came out to OTR? I'm thinking of picking up a lightly used model and it would be very beneficial to know how much the D5 inscription was actually being sold at. Also does your car come with air suspension and blind spot monitoring? I was told it was only available on the initial CBU units and that 2020 and above models were CKD with features missing.
Old 5th March 2022, 23:27   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Can I ask around how much it came out to OTR? I'm thinking of picking up a lightly used model and it would be very beneficial to know how much the D5 inscription was actually being sold at.
I might not be best person to answer this, as mine was one of the last few D5 XC60s sold here in India and I apparently paid a bit higher just because of the “demand & supply” thing. I managed to lock the deal at 62.40L ex-showroom. And OTR- ~72.90.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Also does your car come with air suspension and blind spot monitoring? I was told it was only available on the initial CBU units and that 2020 and above models were CKD with features missing.
Yes they have silently removed the air suspension, Cross Traffic Alert, & BLIS. But let me tell you, you won't miss the air suspension. The coil springs are as good, if not better.
RishavRBhardwaj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 18:16   #89
BHPian

I was checking a used BMW car at a showroom. It had beautiful pure rubber mats, that were designed specifically for that car and were a perfect fit. The feel of the mats was way better than so called 7d and infinite D mats.

These mats had a little raised edges and a pattern at the back that made them skid free.

Is there something similar available for XC-60?
Old 23rd December 2023, 17:16   #90
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I too have joined the club of XC60 owners.

A pre owned 2021, B5 Inscription Mild Hybrid.

I had created a thread earlier in the year to decide on the purchase.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxur...kh-rupees.html (Pre-owned BMW X1, Audi Q3, Mercedes GLA or a new car? Budget of 30 lakh rupees)

However, I have ended up going one notch higher and decide in favour of this beauty. Hope to put up a write up soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks