Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2018, 15:15   #16
BHPian

Re: My 2018 Maruti Swift ZXi+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Now that's one beautiful looking red car! Never been a fan of previous generation Swift looks but this new avatar has got my attention. And the biggest plus is the improved rear seat space and comfort. Heartiest congratulations on your new possession. Wish you and your family many happy and safe miles with it..!
Thanks alot for the nice words colonel sir! Yes, leg space is improved. Got certification from many people. New avatar is eye catching. Getting alot of of second glances. Thanks for good wishes again.. Jai Hind!
Moto_mo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 17:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_mo View Post
What is the meaning of 'living a good life?' For me, its completing your childhood dreams! This is about my first, self earned car. An all new 2018 Swift ZXI+.
Rear defogger lines are visible as usual. But the bad part is, the soldering from power supply to these lines is exposed from the inside of the rear windshield.

Attachment 1739702
Congrats on the new ride. The color looks great and set off the black trim very nicely. Use a plastic protectant to maintain the sheen of the plastic. The alloys also look very good. Maruti after the flak they faces for the alloy designs of the S-Cross and the Baleno have been churning out some cool designs.

I actually love this design of the Swift after the 2008 facelift. It's much more practical though with good legroom and bootspace.

The exposed soldering lines are the same in the Baleno and I have often wonder who signed off on this eyesore. Surely a plastic shroud could have been used.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 18:03   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Congratulations on the wonderful acquisition Moto_mo. Nice crisp review there and it looks smashing hot in red. Saw a white one the other day and I almost missed noticing it was the new swift. Guess white shade masks the differences to some extent.

A couple of things:

1. Do update us how the 163mm GC behaves once u try it with 4 people on-board?
2. Am surprised the performance gets affected for the 1.2L petrol with AC on. I thought only the 1.0L K10B(i drive one) has that issue. Is it pronounced or slight difference?

Finally thank god, maruti decided to skip the gaudy chrome borders(a la Dezire) in the front grill. This looks really nice and classy.
Thanks for good words!
1. I have driven the car in city with 4 people+1 baby. Did not had the GC problem yet. If you stay in south Bangalore, just let me know a specific speedbreaker/pothole to try for.
2. Its a very slight degradation that can be felt by only a tbhpian.
Old 14th March 2018, 18:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hearty congratulations Moto_mo for your spanking new ride. Looks very gorgeous and sporty in Red. Have to appreciate you taking time to post detailed pics as well.
Regarding the interior quality i second your opinion, Maruti Suzuki could have done a much better job with the interior quality, they should learn from Hyundai on that. Do keep sharing your experience with your new baby, it would help prospective new buyers like me as well.
sridhar24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 18:49   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Thanks for the great initial review! I see that you were charged 1600 for accessories. Could you let us know what accessories these were? Pratham is quoting about 5k for accessories, most of which I don't really require or can source from elsewhere. Thanks in advance.

Disappointing to hear about the visibly cheap interior plastic, now it will be even harder to convince my wife about this car, as she's adamant about having a 'luxurious' interior and I'm wary about going to the Hyundais because of service costs.
I was also offered with 5k accessories kit which included God's idol,vacuum cleaner, car fragrance, mud flaps and floor mats. I opted only for mud flaps and floor mats. Thus, dealer charged me less money.

The overall interior or car is luxurious if you consider fancy electronic stuff. Try to convince her by telling all black interiors are less prone to dirt than beige colored interiors those are found in hyundai
Moto_mo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 07:19   #21
BHPian

Congratulations on the beautiful car and well written review. The first car is always special and the choice made is apt. The red certainly highlights all the elements of the car quiet nicely!
ROG_AK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 10:35   #22
BHPian

Congratulations on your first purchase and wishing you many more happy miles. Please let us know the update after your first service and when you make a trip on the highways, especially the GC on the vehicle with four passengers.

The red color really brings out the car's flair and I guess you'll have to make sure to invest some time in the upkeep of the exteriors.
Old 15th March 2018, 16:35   #23
BHPian

Congrats Moto_mo!

The new Swift is indeed a looker.

Reading thru your reasons of going for the top-end model reminded me of my decision making time, when i was purchasing Dzire ZXi+ last October.

Yes the new Swift/Dzire indeed look smashing with the projector headlamps and DRL. Loved the black interiors of the Swift!

Even though i don't like the chrome overdose on the car's these days, I personally would have liked chrome strip around the black grill at least in the ZXi+ variant. Without chrome i feel with the black fiber grill doesn't bring out the character of the car much.

I have couple of questions for you:

1) If you have driven on NICE road at stead speed, whats the max mileage indicated on the MID? in my Dzire it doesn't cross 50 kmpl
2) Can you confirm if the boot lid had any cover on the inside? Dzire doesn't come with one and the tail light, camera wires are all exposed

But congrats once again, happy and safe driving

Last edited by ant_vas : 15th March 2018 at 16:40.
Old 15th March 2018, 19:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Moto no doubt the car is a looker from all the angles. Somehow, to me it strikes the tyres are a bit skinnier to the car’s overall proportions. Shouldn’t be a big concern at all since the car is just absolutely strikes the moment you take a look at it.

Keep munching miles ahead!

PS:

Swift 2018 has already garnered 75000+ bookings in just under 3 months of its launch as per recent report on the Internet

I vaguely remember to have read, the latest design of Swift / Dzire did earn an award for the best design in Japan or somewhere in Asia. No doubt, the new design of swift / dzire is happily accepted by the people. MS should be celebrating with champagne one after another success.

Sales report: Rushlane

Last edited by gururajrv : 15th March 2018 at 19:56.
gururajrv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 17:00   #25
BHPian

The rear bumper showing in the reverse camera isnt a design glitch. It is intended that way. There will be times when you cant afford to park with the amount of space that the reverse sensors tell you to stop at.
The bumper showing means you can squeeze the last inch out of the available space. (Trust me I know. I drive a VCross and parking is like family planning - everytime. And because the bumper slightly shows in the camera means i can take liberties with going too close and stopping right before i ding. Saves me just that much bad stares and abuses from other people sharing parking spaces)
prateekpsingh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 12:42   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Use a plastic protectant to maintain the sheen of the plastic.
Thanks Shibu. Design is good. No doubt. Can you please suggest any tested and tried product for black plastics? I am aware about the full thread about detailing. But thats too exhaustive just seeking a quick suggestion. thanks in advance.
Old 18th March 2018, 21:43   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_mo View Post
Thanks Shibu. Design is good. No doubt. Can you please suggest any tested and tried product for black plastics? I am aware about the full thread about detailing. But thats too exhaustive just seeking a quick suggestion. thanks in advance.
I have used this product from Formula 1 with quite good results. 3M also has a good product but I am unable to find a link to it. Spraying a bit onto a clean cloth and rubbing it on the plastic trim gave me the best results. Clean the trim of dust, dirt etc first. Applying it once every one or two months is usually sufficient.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2018, 10:23   #28

Congratulations @Moto_mo on your swift. I bought a Swift too. It is a ZXI (Silky Silver). This would be my third swift (Third generation).

I have completed 3500 Kilometers in a month already (I am also told that my car is the first car in bangalore to be sent in for the first service - I completed 1000 kms in 4 days). The fuel efficiency I have recorded till now is 18.5, having driven mostly on the highway and the ghats. The ground clearance isn't an issue and hasn't bottomed out till now with 4 people + luggage (I have taken the car in some really bad roads).

The engine is really a gem, loves to rev. The car is extremely drivable in the city with the 1st gear seldom used. The car pulls away in 2nd gear from extremely low speeds.

However, there are a few niggles in the car: The tyres I got with the car are Apollo Alnac's, which are very understeery in nature. While driving in the ghats, the tyres would squeal extremely often and the car would go all over the place. The ride quality is extremely good. The steering, even though is light, is quite direct and communicative, The brakes are phenomenal. The car feels more grown up on the whole. An upsize of 195/65 R15 would solve the handling issue. The apollo's just can't be driven flat out. I am a huge fan of the Continental Max Contact 5's, since I have already used them and have fallen in love with them, so I would be getting them soon. I drive mostly on the ghats and the Conti's have always been a gem on my previous swift.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 22nd March 2018 at 10:38. Reason: Edited post to improve readability.
9kamranmohammed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2018, 19:06   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9kamranmohammed View Post
Congratulations @Moto_mo on your swift. I bought a Swift too. It is a ZXI (Silky Silver). This would be my third swift (Third generation).

I have completed 3500 Kilometers in a month already (I am also told that my car is the first car in bangalore to be sent in for the first service - I completed 1000 kms in 4 days). The fuel efficiency I have recorded till now is 18.5, having driven mostly on the highway and the ghats. The ground clearance isn't an issue and hasn't bottomed out till now with 4 people + luggage (I have taken the car in some really bad roads).

The engine is really a gem, loves to rev. The car is extremely drivable in the city with the 1st gear seldom used. The car pulls away in 2nd gear from extremely low speeds.

However, there are a few niggles in the car: The tyres I got with the car are Apollo Alnac's, which are very understeery in nature. While driving in the ghats, the tyres would squeal extremely often and the car would go all over the place. The ride quality is extremely good. The steering, even though is light, is quite direct and communicative, The brakes are phenomenal. The car feels more grown up on the whole. An upsize of 195/65 R15 would solve the handling issue. The apollo's just can't be driven flat out. I am a huge fan of the Continental Max Contact 5's, since I have already used them and have fallen in love with them, so I would be getting them soon. I drive mostly on the ghats and the Conti's have always been a gem on my previous swift.
Thats really long driving! Thanks for sharing details. My odometer reading is 720kms. Mileage in display is 18.3. Car has not moved out of bangalore yet.
I also tried my friend's vxi version. The feel was different. Can it be because of 1" smaller tires?
I also have same observations with 2nd gear,steering and brakes.
Please do share experience with Continental tyres! Congrats on your first post
Old 23rd March 2018, 13:27   #30

Congratulations Moto_mo. I was waiting for someone from team-bhp to post their views on the swuft 2018 since my dad has also booked a blue ZXi AGS variant. I'm glad to see that it is a promising product as it used to be.

Have many happy and safe miles ahead. Keep us posted with your highway run. I'm keen to know how it performs at highway speeds considering it's light weight.
dennischoksi999 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed