Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2018, 19:50   #46
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid Edition X - Initial Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigatech2006 View Post
Can someone throw some light on how powerful these projector headlamps are? I keep reading on some of the older Rapid/Vento forums that the headlamps are pretty weak, and scary on the highways at night. Does this still continue with the Edition X as well?
The other day, I seem to have come across a new Rapid. It had LED projectors. Is this car now being manufactured with it, or can it be an aftermarket fitting? Or, is it simply the white headlights that the Onyx edition is claiming to have?

The new Rapid brochure does not mention "halogen".
Old 10th October 2018, 10:45   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
The other day, I seem to have come across a new Rapid. It had LED projectors. Is this car now being manufactured with it, or can it be an aftermarket fitting? Or, is it simply the white headlights that the Onyx edition is claiming to have?

The new Rapid brochure does not mention "halogen".
I have the normal yellow halogen projectors on my Rapid and I would say that it works quite well along with the Fog lamps. The visibility has never been a concern for me, on low beams. The high beam is strong but the throw is not long enough (personal opinion). Overall, I would rate the lights at 7.5/10. For reference, I rate my Figo Headlights at 4/10.
shubhu3112 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 21:49   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhu3112 View Post
I have just completed a relatively spirited drive from Bangalore-Sakleshpur-Bangalore. Total trip distance was around 600 Kms and the drive was a mix of 20% S mode and 80% D. I had the AC temperature set at 22 degrees with 3 adults on board. The total FE was around 16.5 KMPL. This was the first drive after the run in period and i was able to floor the accelerator without any hesitation. I used Cruise control for around 30% of the trip at a set speed of 120 KpH.
What was the run-in range that you had kept for the engine of your Rapid? And, up to what RPM level do you take it during the run-in period?

I have been hearing that the Rapid TDI returns a fuel efficiency average of above 20 kms on highway drives. So, is it the combination of S and D modes and the higher speed/rpm that brought down the FE in your drive?

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 21st October 2018 at 21:51.
Old 22nd October 2018, 12:59   #49
BHPian

Quote:
What was the run-in range that you had kept for the engine of your Rapid? And, up to what RPM level do you take it during the run-in period?

I have been hearing that the Rapid TDI returns a fuel efficiency average of above 20 kms on highway drives. So, is it the combination of S and D modes and the higher speed/rpm that brought down the FE in your drive?
For the run in period, i just used the D mode for the initial 2000 Kms. The system ensured that the rpms did not climb too high unless i went pedal to metal. (which i didn't).

The engine is extremely efficient if driven sedately in D mode (More so, with the cruise control set to around 80 - 100 KpH). I have managed to get around 21 KMpL on the above technique. My sakleshpur drive was a mix of S & D and the engine guzzles a lot of fuel in S mode, and, hence the lower FE figures.
shubhu3112 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2018, 20:18   #50
BHPian

Guys, need help! Skoda manual recommends RON 95 as minimum for petrol engines.

"Prescribed petrol 95 / min. 92 and 93 RON / ROZ. We recommend using petrol 95 ROZ"
and recommends using 91 RON in case of an emergency. Can Rapid petrol owners please confirm this? I believe most of the regular petrol pumps are 91 RON (BS IV). Does this mean I've to use premium grade petrol like Speed97 or V-power? I've always thought those premium fuels are useless, unless it's for a truly high-end car.

I live in Bangalore. Can someone point me to bunks that have RON95?

Appreciate your advise.

Mods: please note, I've searched the threads, and still wasn't able to find an answer. If you can find the thread with an answer, send me the link, and only then delete this post.
Old 26th October 2018, 18:02   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, need help! Skoda manual recommends RON 95 as minimum for petrol engines.
Hi, I own a 2012 Rapid MPI automatic and had the same query as yours based on what Skoda recommends. Tried HP Power but did not feel a discernable difference. Same with IOCL Xtra Premium. However, BPCL Speed does make a significant difference in not only the smoothness but also affects pick up.

This is thought was placebo. So I tried filling up regular 91 RON BPCL fuel from the same bunk and then shifted back to Speed at intervals. Each time I filled up with Speed, I could feel the difference. Because its an automatic, the torque converter box upshifts quicker in 'D' mode compared to when running on regular fuel. Also, the car picks up better when in D mode. On regular fuel, I need to shift to 'S' or Sport mode at times to perform a quick overtake. With Speed, sometimes 'D' can do the job. I guess the octane boosters do help in making the difference felt.

On my Palio, I never found much difference in terms of pick up with premium fuels, probably because it was tuned for 87 Octane fuel back then.

Try BPCL Speed and check if it makes a difference. To me the marginal premium is worth it. However, can't say about the long term usage of these fuels with additives on the car's engine.
roms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2018, 20:51   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
On my Palio, I never found much difference in terms of pick up with premium fuels, probably because it was tuned for 87 Octane fuel back then.

Try BPCL Speed and check if it makes a difference. To me the marginal premium is worth it. However, can't say about the long term usage of these fuels with additives on the car's engine.

Thank you. Will try BPCL speed for the next tankful and report back. I tried looking for the RON number for speed, but unable to find any info. So, I'll assume Speed is normal RON91 petrol with additives, and not really a higher octane fuel. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 26th October 2018, 21:24   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Thank you. Will try BPCL speed for the next tankful and report back. I tried looking for the RON number for speed, but unable to find any info. So, I'll assume Speed is normal RON91 petrol with additives, and not really a higher octane fuel. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes that is correct. It's just 91 octane with some additives. But I agree with the observations listed above, Speed does make the car run smoother and more responsive. This is from my observations on older cars, at least 5 years old. Not sure how useful it would be in a new car.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 16:13   #54
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Has anyone experienced a prominent "Left Pull" with the Rapid when cruising at speeds over 50-60kmph? While the pull is existent even at lesser speed but i think it gets too prominent after 50kmph.
PS- The alignment report at the Skoda ASS is normal but the pull is still existent

Any insights?
Old 4th November 2018, 22:25   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.purswani View Post
PS- The alignment report at the Skoda ASS is normal but the pull is still existent

Any insights?
I think it is a problem with the wheel alignment only. The report shows everything to be normal and still the pull exists, could hypothetically mean a situation in which the alignment equipment itself had issues. It had happened with my Fiesta more than once and I had to go back and get it rectified from another service station. Once the Ford service centre staff themselves confessed that their machine had issues, but after the alignment was done and things were not right.

Consulting another authorised alignment centre could also help. In Mumbai, you will have very good options. In MH, in general, even in small taluk centres, you have excellent workmen and centres, as I have experienced it.

Anyway, let us know the updates.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 4th November 2018 at 22:30.
Old 4th November 2018, 23:59   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.purswani View Post
Hi Folks,

Has anyone experienced a prominent "Left Pull" with the Rapid when cruising at speeds over 50-60kmph? While the pull is existent even at lesser speed but i think it gets too prominent after 50kmph.

Any insights?
Trying rotating the tyres, if the alignment readings are within range.
Old 24th February 2019, 19:16   #57
BHPian

I’d booked the new Rapid Monte Carlo DSG on 20/02/2019. Expected delivery by March 10.
nidhinsarath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 10:22   #58
BHPian

Hello All,

I have finally completed my First Service for the Edition X DSG AT at TAFE Access , Bangalore.

I was skeptical about the service experience, given Skoda ill famed reputation but I must admit that i was pleasantly surprised by the whole experience.

I booked the service via phone.(Tried on the App but it sucks). Got a confirmation message with the details of the SA one day prior to the service. I stay around 25 Kms away from Tafe Service centre and reached the place at around 10AM. Was greeted by the security and directed to a parking bay. Within 60 secs , my assigned SA was near the car and asked me for my choice of refreshments( Tea, Coffee, Juice was on offer). It took around 15 minutes to capture the photos of the vehicle and explain my requirements. I asked them not to wash the vehicle and carry out the scheduled first service. Couple of additional points was to get me a new set of wiper blades and tighten the rear mudflaps.I was given a promised delivery time of around 5 PM and was out of the service station in 30 minutes flat from entry to exit.

I kept my fingers crossed anticipating a delay in service completion as well as the service quality. I was surprised to receive a call from the SA at around 2 PM mentioning that the service is getting over and i could collect the vehicle by 3 PM. I went over to the service station at around 4 PM and the vehicle was ready for delivery. Checked all the sides to ensure that no damages occurred during service as well as , I was shown what items were changed. Since, I had a 4 year complementary service package, I just had to pay for the wiper blades (around 1K) and a few miscellaneous items like the plastic covers that they used to cover the seats, steering wheel, gear lever & a battery terminal spray. (All included was less than Rs. 100).

Having driven the vehicle over 100 kms since the service, it appears that Tafe has done a good job (Not that there was any complaints before the service, but they didn't introduce any new problems).

Overall, i would say that i would rate them a 4.5/5 for the service experience, which probably shows the intent of Skoda India to improve on their service experience. The 0.5 deduction was on charging me for the plastic covers. Attached is the first service bill for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid Edition X - Initial Ownership Review-capture.jpg  

Last edited by shubhu3112 : 25th February 2019 at 10:24. Reason: Update the image
shubhu3112 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2019, 21:55   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
I’d booked the new Rapid Monte Carlo DSG on 20/02/2019. Expected delivery by March 10.
Congratulations!
Have you got any discounts in the price? I think all the Monte Carlo units are of 2019 manufacturing.
Old 2nd March 2019, 22:24   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations!
Have you got any discounts in the price? I think all the Monte Carlo units are of 2019 manufacturing.
Thank you Vipin. Yes, all Monte Carlo are 2019 manufactured as per the dealer. I was a little sceptical about it because in the earlier years the present year models used to come by only April. I didn’t get any discounts as of now but sales advisor has told me to offer some discounts once they get any updates about offers in March. My car has already been picked up and is no transit. It should reach in a day or two.
nidhinsarath is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks