Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2018, 08:14   #16
Team-BHP Support

re: My pre-owned Skoda Yeti. EDIT: Petes. Now K&N

As mentioned by sagpatel, I too am surprised that you are satisfied with the lights of the car. The times when I drove the Yeti [2012 to 2014] I also had the Figo and I found the Figo's lights to be much better and I am not even bringing in the VLX [Scorpio]

Similarly, the OE horns weren't those typical Skoda/VW horns, any plans to upgrade that to meet KL crowd's taste?

And a big congratulations, its a joy to drive it on good roads.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 10:11   #17
BHPian

Congratulations for owning a beast! Skoda yeti is one heck of a car and also an example for those who think only low slung cars can corner hard and fast. We too had a 2011 Yeti 4x4 in brown shade till 2016 when she was sold at 100k on odo. Your ownership thread helped me to gather my ‘yeti’ memories. Nothing comes close to yeti except audi Q3 which is almost 2X the price that of yeti.

When Yeti was launched in 2010 market wasn’t matured enough. Today, people spend 18 lakhs(approx) on hyundai creta but 7 years back same crowd didn’t even bother to TD skoda Yeti due to its high price of 18lakhs (as per 2010 norms) which was/is as capable as entry level german luxury.

You own a legend in its own way!
Enjoy your beast!:

thumbs up
ShubhamGhute is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 11:30   #18
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harikr View Post
Only concern is the ill-famed Skoda ASS. If you can find a good service center or a friendly neighborhood garage, it will be a happy relationship with the car.
Thanks. Will send it to the SKODA ASC first and see how it is like. Fingers crossed !
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
140 bhp*. Excellent choice for a car if you are mostly doing city runs and tarmac. But you have slightly overpaid. Atleast a lakh.
The Ambition = just around 110BHP, definitely not 140 BHP. Overpaid ? Not sure, but as of now the car looks and drives like new. Better than most of the current generation compact SUVs, none of which comes anywhere close to this beauty in terms of the price, fit/finish/ride-handling/overall refinement and quality of materials used. The only concern for me is its long term reliability, as it has already been owned/used by many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
As mentioned by sagpatel, I too am surprised that you are satisfied with the lights of the car.
Not sure Sheel, the lighting this one is just adequate. I will have to check if the previous owner has done any upgrade, very unlikely though.
P.S: I was running both my Scorpy and Ends on 90/100 with separate wiring and relay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Similarly, the OE horns weren't those typical Skoda/VW horns, any plans to upgrade that to meet KL crowd's taste?
My bad, just forgot about it. The first thing that I did after the aquisition was getting a couple of Twin-tone horns from Hella. I had these on both Scorpy and Endy. Come with one year warranty and costed around Rs.2500 with installation. The Scorpy also had an additional pairs of Roots megasonic. , the ones Kerala Police use on their cars.
M35 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 11:39   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
The Ambition = just around 110BHP, definitely not 140 BHP. Overpaid ? Not sure, but as of now the car looks and drives like new. Better than most of the current generation compact SUVs, none of which comes anywhere close to this beauty in terms of the price, fit/finish/ride-handling/overall refinement and quality of materials used. The only concern for me is its long term reliability, as it has already been owned/used by many.
A diesel MT Skoda/VW/Euro is least prone to breakdowns. We faced no issue with the Yeti for some 1.7L kms [before selling]

It was a hoot to drive on NH-2 between Kolkata and Burdawan, I remember this drive fondly as do I recall driving to hills in Sikkim one winter night with almost zero traffic, the GB was a joy to go through, steering was good, brakes were superb and our Elegance variant with 4X4 didn't spin its wheels anywhere, despite trying. The power was good, imagine cruising at 120kmph at 2,000 revs, this is what I would call a perfect cruiser. We were fresh after driving 800+ kms to Lucknow from here on a single day and still remember the drive when my friend's fighter pilot BIL was getting delayed and we drove like mad in torrential rains, no turbulence is what he said. Fond memories, yes, spanning over 1.5L kms. Replaced by a 3.2 titanium.
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 18:46   #20
M35
BHPian

Cross-posting from the other thread here:

Yeti got FASTag'd:
Dropped by the nearby toll plaza at Attapallam, near Palakkad, which runs a Fastag POS[ICICI]. Submitted copies of the following documents
  • Aadhar card
  • PAN card
  • DL
  • RC and
  • a Photo
The gentleman at desk filled in my details and completed a form online. Paid Rs.600 and collected the receipt which stated the customer ID. The tag was stuck on the windscreen and drove away. The total time spent at the POS = 15 minutes. The account was created and was active instantly with Rs.200 (from the fee paid) already in it.
On reaching home, logged in to my account with the given customer ID and DOB. Set up a new ID, and password. Topped it up with some amount online. All set

Last edited by M35 : 15th March 2018 at 18:53.
M35 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 07:20   #21
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the Yeti, M35. The body colored cladding done by the previous owner makes it look more upmarket than the stock looks.

Somehow, coming from the Scorpio and the Endy, i was shocked to see your interest in the Ecosport/Duster etc.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 14:44   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Under the hood:

Engine performance & driveability on the highway
Initially, Yeti was launched in India with the same engine with 140BHP on offer. That was the 4x4 version. This variant has been detuned to 110BHP. That doesn't make it an underpowered car at all. It's only when you push it hard, the start feeling the need of that extra horse power. You still are very much in the business all the way until 100-110 mph. Only when you try beyond that, the engine starts to feels a bit strained. Didn't feel like pushing it above 120 mph, as the engine started to be heard inside losing out on refinement a bit. 100-110 mph at 2000-2100 RPM is the way to go on highways.

I assume you meant 100-110 kph and not miles/hour.
Old 19th March 2018, 22:19   #23
BHPian

Congratulations!!! Welcome to the Yeti Family...Looks like you found a minter. I got the Yeti brand new in July'12. Just clocked 1lac last month. The fact is, to this day, the Yeti manages to put a smile on my face everytime I get behind the wheel. The Yeti will be a collectable car some day (a future classic). Getting something new has crossed my mind many times recently, however i've struggled to find a replacement. The closest that came was the new compass, but it seems to have some reliablilty issues. Hanging on to the Yeti for a few more years. Planning to get a TLC done soon. Good Luck with your Yeti!!!!

Last edited by autoskooll : 19th March 2018 at 22:22.
autoskooll is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 20:23   #24
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll View Post
I got the Yeti brand new in July'12. Just clocked 1lac last month.!
What tires are you running on currently? Are the alloys stock or seen any upgrade ?
I am thinking of making my Yeti a bit more hot. The following are on cards
  • Remap ( first stage ) at Pete's Kochi = around 25-30% increase in power
  • Better alloys - Borbet starts from Rs.18000/wheel. Any other option ?
  • Better shoes. Thinking of upgrading to 225/60/16. Continental/Michelin/Yoko ? Any recommendation?

Last edited by M35 : 20th March 2018 at 20:24.
M35 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 01:20   #25
BHPian

Congratulations on getting a chance to experience the Yeti. I always wanted a Yeti from my collage days but by the time I graduated Skoda India decided to let go a legend. I had to settle down for a Duster awd. Yeti is a very capable vehicle, looking forward to more pictures of your new steed with mesmerizing landscapes.
Happy travelling and safe driving !
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 09:02   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
[*]Better shoes. Thinking of upgrading to 225/60/16. Continental/Michelin/Yoko ? Any recommendation?[/list]
I had two shoe changes. One Michelin, one Yokohama. While Michelin was superior in every way, it was Yokohama which I liked because it was an AT.

For Michelin, we had the Primacy SUV tire & for Yokohama, it was the Geolander.
Old 23rd March 2018, 17:41   #27
BHPian

I'm running the Stock Nevis 16" Rims that shipped on the Elegance variant. As far as tyres go, i've stuck to Falken. Gone through two sets of Falken Azenis PT722(215 60 R16). Great all season road tyre road tyre. There was a substantial drop in road noise and much better grip. Now, given the condition of Bombay roads, I decided to upsize for a better ride. So i'm now running the Falken Wildpeak (215 65 R16). I was also looking at an engine remap (Revo) to 168 BHP from the stock 138. Was quoted 25k for it.
autoskooll is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 12:15   #28
BHPian

Congratulations and welcome to the Yeti club. I own a 4X4 ambition model and have crossed 88k kms and it is still going strong after 6.5 years. I dont think any other vehicle is available in this category which will be able to replace the Yeti. I hope that Skoda ASS improve their service standards so the ride continuous for longer years.
amit_i is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 22:51   #29
M35
BHPian

Update:
Tyre upsize:

Stock size: 215/60 R16
Yeti gets four new Continental ContiCrossContact™ LX 2 – 235/60 R16
The vehicle gets a ‘lift’ and the wheelwell now looks filled. Its significantly wide = better ride and handling. The road noise has been reduced to minimum. The earlier Apollos were too noisy above 80 kmph or so. It dismisses the slightly broken roads quite easily now.
Having said that,
  • The Difference in circumference from stock size is quite significant (3.5%) = speedometer and odometer error
  • Decreased FE, based on the trip computer. Will do a thankful method and report the real time average FE. Will also need to allow the Odometer error while calculation.
Apart from these reading errors, will this upsize have any impact on suspension and braking components?
Old 1st April 2018, 09:56   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Apart from these reading errors, will this upsize have any impact on suspension and braking components?
Though there is a variance, it is nothing abnormal and believe me, it will do a world of good, the 5mm increase in aspect ratio will flatten the road surface better.

But, please post pictures, your Yeti's escapades fondly reminds me of my days with my Yeti.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks