Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2018, 13:06   #31
BHPian

I owned a Yeti for 5 years and absolutely loved it to bits. It is a complete package, with solid build, great ride and handling, good fuel economy and easy to drive in an urban environment. I have now upgraded to a VW Tiguan which has similar traits. Here is a pic of my Yeti taken at Rohtang pass.

My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-imageuploadedbyteambhp1522568127.659518.jpg

Here are a few more pictures of my Yeti, couple from the Spiti Valley and the third is from the Rann of Kutch.My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-imageuploadedbyteambhp1522569960.501769.jpgMy pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-imageuploadedbyteambhp1522569984.468546.jpgMy pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-imageuploadedbyteambhp1522570006.490635.jpg

I did 1.2 lac kilometres which included at least 30k kms of crisscrossing across the country.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd June 2018 at 21:46. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
shaktisarangi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 19:41   #32
M35
BHPian

re: My pre-owned Skoda Yeti. EDIT: Petes. Now K&N

Update:

Was in India last week for a wrong reason and Yeti did have its work cut out. The broader tyres meant no slowing down while negotiating broken road surfaces. The overall feel, quality and driveabilty is top notch and am slowly falling in love with it. Its the best cabin to be in amongst all the vehicles I have owned so far.

There is slight shuddering while breaking at speeds. I am suspecting worn out pads. Will be sending it in for a service at Pinnacle Skoda @ Thrissur soon. Will ask them to check and change all the fluids and also the brake pads.
Old 9th April 2018, 20:06   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
There is slight shuddering while breaking at speeds. I am suspecting worn out pads. Will be sending it in for a service at Pinnacle Skoda @ Thrissur soon. Will ask them to check and change all the fluids and also the brake pads.
Could be pads, could be warped discs that need to be machined. More likely the latter.

When going to a Skoda authorized service centre, NEVER ask them to to check things randomly which gives them license to change stuff.

Give a clear set of instructions and a list of things that need to be checked. Sony & team at Pinnacle are good, but remember this commandment at Skoda

"Thou shalt not tempt"

I know you're excited about your Yeti, and its a great vehicle to be excited about. Just hold your enthusiasm in check whilst dealing with Skoda A.S.S, or you will easily be disappointed.
Steeroid is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th April 2018, 10:52   #34
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Could be pads, could be warped discs that need to be machined. More likely the latter.

When going to a Skoda authorized service centre, NEVER ask them to to check things randomly which gives them license to change stuff.

Give a clear set of instructions and a list of things that need to be checked. Sony & team at Pinnacle are good, but remember this commandment at Skoda
Thanks for the input. Will tell them to do these jobs
  • Engine oil + filter change
  • Replacement of Brake pads as I found them off at the time of tyre change.

Quote:
I know you're excited about your Yeti, and its a great vehicle to be excited about. Just hold your enthusiasm in check whilst dealing with Skoda A.S.S, or you will easily be disappointed.
No excitement at all. The apprehension is due to the fact that it is a pre-used car and doesn’t seem to have done any recent service as per the Skoda record.
M35 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2018, 11:58   #35
M35
BHPian

Update:
ODO: 64xxx

Yeti is in for a scheduled service (60k km). The appointment was booked a couple of days back. I had requested them for a vehicle pick-up before 9.00am today. A gentleman from Pinnacle Skoda, Thrissur arrives at 8.45am. Around 11.00 am, I get a message from ASC to confirm the receipt of the vehicle and contact details of the concerned SA. Called him up and the car has been taken in for the service.
Old 22nd April 2018, 07:16   #36
M35
BHPian

Update:

The 60k km service has already been carried out. The vehicle will be dropped back home tomorrow. As expected, all 4 sets of brake pads have been worn out + the brake discs affected badly too. The brake fluid too was found to have darkened. The parts are unavailable and will need a week after an order is placed. I have told them to go ahead and place the order. That means the vehicle needs to visit the ASS again. The parts aren't cheap either. A detailed estimate is on its way on Monday, but this is what I was told yesterday, the cost of the parts/piece:

Brake pads/ Front : Rs. 5000
Brake pads/ rear : Rs. 2000
Brake disc / front : Rs. 4500
Brake disc / rear : Rs. 3500

I will update here tomorrow once I get an official estimate. Interestingly, the cost of the wiper blades has left me baffled. The front wiper-blade costs Rs. 3000/piece and the rear Rs.1500

Going to be quite an expensive affair, I guess !! Having said that, once replaced, these brake components need not be attended to for another 40k km, I assume.
M35 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 09:18   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Update:
Interestingly, the cost of the wiper blades has left me baffled. The front wiper-blade costs Rs. 3000/piece and the rear Rs.1500
Skoda wiper blades are an expensive affair. As front blades are not available in open market (accesories shop), we have to use Skoda’s expensive blades only.

The problem with VAG car’s rear wiper is, they don’t replace the wiper blade but replace wiper blade and wiper arm both. They should provide just the blade as it will be much cheaper.

I owned a yeti and also have a VW polo. Both have similar wiper ‘blade’ size (not the arm), quality and fit & finish. I used to bring extra rear wiper from VW and use it for yeti. VW sells polo’s rear wiper blade and arm for ₹950. Recently, I had ordered polo’s wiper blade from amazon for ₹499 and it fits perfectly. Changing it is a one minute easy job. Swipe is as good as OEM. I would just you to have a look. I am attaching the product link.

Power X A211 Rear Wiper Blade for Polo https://www.amazon.in/dp/B018VR224A/..._Wla3AbK26SF27

Last edited by ShubhamGhute : 22nd April 2018 at 09:33.
ShubhamGhute is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 12:22   #38
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShubhamGhute View Post
Power X A211 Rear Wiper Blade for Polo https://www.amazon.in/dp/B018VR224A/..._Wla3AbK26SF27
Thank you. I shall look in to that.
BTW, isn't the OE blade from 'Valeo'? Since I am currently in China, I can in fact get any brands from here- Valeo/Bosch/ SWF.
Apparently, this German brand, SWF has one that matches the 24" 19" front wiper blade dimensions of Yeti. The reviews suggest that this comes in higher end cars and is superior to both Valeo and Bosch.

The one for Yeti is SWF visioflex -24" 19". Its around Rs.2500 for a pair (front)
M35 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 15:13   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. I shall look in to that.
BTW, isn't the OE blade from 'Valeo'? Since I am currently in China, I can in fact get any brands from here- Valeo/Bosch/ SWF.
Apparently, this German brand, SWF has one that matches the 24" 19" front wiper blade dimensions of Yeti. The reviews suggest that this comes in higher end cars and is superior to both Valeo and Bosch.
You can easily find them in China. It would be a good idea to source it from China as you are already over there.

OE blade are valeo and are of good quality. I used to change blades after 2 years as a precautionary major even if they were in good condition. Get any blade from reputed brand. Bosch/ SWF/Valeo are all reputed brands.

ShubhamGhute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 16:27   #40
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShubhamGhute View Post
You can easily find them in China. It would be a good idea to source it from China as you are already over there.

OE blade are valeo and are of good quality. I used to change blades after 2 years as a precautionary major even if they were in good condition. Get any blade from reputed brand. Bosch/ SWF/Valeo are all reputed brands.

Have already received the wiper blades from SWF.

Update on the service:
The vehicle is being dropped backed home. Except for the brake pads/discs replacement, the vehicle did not require any repair at all. Just the regular engine oil+filters including a dust filter. The response and coordination at the ASC was spot on as well. The only gripe, as expected, is the unavailability of parts- brake pads and discs – for both front and rear. They have promised me that they would be made available by 27th April which is this Friday.
  • The service cost: Rs.12770
  • The rough estimate on brake related job: ( brake pads + discs) = Rs. 24000 + brake oil + labour = around Rs.30k ?
The good thing is that the next service is 15000 km away and with the fresh braking set up + brand new continental shoes, the vehicle should be running like new.

Last edited by M35 : 23rd April 2018 at 16:29.
M35 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 23:06   #41
BHPian

Congrats M35 on your Yeti experience. It is one of the most unique and most underestimated car sold in the Indian market. Being a Skoda you can easily have a troublefree ownership post 1 lakh kms with just regular services. Wishing you a lot more safe miles.
Flyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 23:41   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have already received the wiper blades from SWF.

The good thing is that the next service is 15000 km away and with the fresh braking set up + brand new continental shoes, the vehicle should be running like new.
At 75k you will need to change Haldex clutch fluid - do it ONLY if the fellows have the right equipment for it and not some jugaad. That exercise should set you back about 18k + Labour.

By then it really depends on the previous owner whether your clutch is holding up - if it isn't, thats another 75k expense coming up. Can be about 50-55k if you take it to an independent garage as I did at my 105k service - got the Sachs kit for my car, thinking that LUK was the 2nd and cheaper option. As it turns out, what was on the car was LUK and not Sachs.

FYI I stopped going to Skoda ASS as soon as my warranty expired - not necessarily because of the warranty, but because I didn't want the diesel gate ECU update since I'm running a really nice tune that I enjoy. At this point in time I'm still diesel gate free.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 11:45   #43
M35
BHPian

Quote:
At 75k you will need to change Haldex clutch fluid - do it ONLY if the fellows have the right equipment for it and not some jugaad. That exercise should set you back about 18k + Labour.

By then it really depends on the previous owner whether your clutch is holding up - if it isn't, thats another 75k expense coming up.
That is quite some serious money. The Skoda service/repair calculator quotes only Rs.19995 for Clutch Plate + Pressure Plate. What else did you have to change in the ‘kit’ which costs Rs.75k ?
Also there is no mentioning of clutch oil replacement at all, even at 150,000 km service. There is a Timing belt change (Rs.15k)@ 120k km service, otherwise just regular engine oil + filters + brake oil changes.

BTW, Pinnacle Skoda-Thrissur got the parts shipped and the vehicle picked up. The work is in progress. All these in my absence – very prompt, pro-active and professional. The vehicle will be dropped back home this evening. I will have an early morning 100 km or so drive tomorrow and shall feedback here.

Last edited by M35 : 27th April 2018 at 11:46.
Old 27th April 2018, 15:54   #44
M35
BHPian

Quote:
That is quite some serious money. The Skoda service/repair calculator quotes only Rs.19995 for Clutch Plate + Pressure
The Skoda service cost calculator link : Here

Update:
The vehicle is on its way back home. All the 4 brake pad sets + 4 discs + brake fluid replaced. Total damage = Rs.24900
Old 1st May 2018, 21:34   #45
M35
BHPian

Had a short break back home. Post service, Yeti drives even better. Most importantly, I did quite a few add on DIYs. Some bling too, like this one
More on these later.
My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-dsc_11002.jpg
M35 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks