Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2018, 08:24   #76
Team-BHP Support

re: My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
That said, no regrets. Though came in as pre-owned, it turned out to be as reliable. In terms of quality levels, no comparison here and you know as you owned one in the past.
It’s only the GC for SUV standards, if I have pick one. Forget the off-road trails; even those deep pot-holes on monsoon hit Kerala roads posed a bit of a challenge, while both my Scorpio or Endy would have dismissed those with utter disdain.
Thanks for answering M35

Quality, finesse, involvement, the feel was way better. But in ideal conditions, the Scorpio is much more stress free to drive unless all of your driving in on those 4 lane/GQ roads.

Yeti's GC too was just about adequate, we have had few scrapes despite being careful and I need that GC. Lets see if the Trailhawk comes, else over 30L we have lots of options, but 30L...that's an entirely different topic.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2018, 15:14   #77
M35
BHPian

Update:

Travel season coming! Will be flying back home next week. The Yeti gets dropped at Pinnacle Skoda @Thrissur for some major work/service.

The issues to be addressed:
  • Erratic high RPM at idle
  • Unnecessary free engine revving on quick throttle/ accelerator pedal input
  • Drop in FE
  • Full suspension assembly check as the ride had gotten a bit harsher
  • 80k km service including all fluids + filter change
I was pretty sure that the clutch assembly needed an overhaul; but was hoping that the Flywheel is intact but proved otherwise.

Notified them the following:
  • The car is in a higher state of tune (remapped by Pete's ). So, don't update the ECU
  • K&N air filter installed which should not be replaced
  • A pair of quality LED bulbs installed in the headlights
  • Strictly told them not to mess around with these

Clutch related:
They opened the entire clutch assembly and yes, the clutch plate was found fully worn out. Since the Flywheel too was found affected, I told them to go ahead with a complete clutch overhaul which includes DM Flywheel + clutch plate + pressure plate + release bearing ( estimate approx.= 70k + 5500 labour)

Suspension related: (optional)
Link rods + lower arms + strut bushes+ struct bearings have all found weak. Told to change them all ( around 20k with labour)

Service related:
All fluid change + oil filter/diesel filter/AC filter etc + brake fluid etc to be replaced + regular service related inspection/cleaning etc
Total (estimated) = Rs.1,13,300 (approx.)

Quite an expensive affair I guess.
M35 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 21:24   #78
M35
BHPian

Update:
ODO: 74350 km

The Yeti is ready for delivery tomorrow after a major maintenance exercise. Yeti did get the clutch assembly overhauled and also, some suspension components replaced; the shock absorbers were untouched though. The only fluid replaced was the brake oil as it had gotten darker. Other fluids were all fine, hence didn't change them. Will get them changed in the next scheduled service which is at around 80k km mark.

Have asked my friend to take the delivery.
My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-1.png

P.S: Will be flying back home tomorrow night and shall feedback here after having driven it day after.

Last edited by M35 : 20th December 2018 at 21:26.
M35 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 20:18   #79
Senior - BHPian

That's quite an expensive service! I see most had done the clutch overhaul past 1 lac kms. Were there any premature wear and tear?
BTW, how is the ride quality with the larger and heavier 235 wider rubber? Any regrets not going with lighter 215 cross section?
Old 22nd December 2018, 11:01   #80
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
That's quite an expensive service! I see most had done the clutch overhaul past 1 lac kms. Were there any premature wear and tear?
It appeared there was nothing on it, the clutch plate; shall post a picture in a couple of days. It is the flywheel which contributed to the cost the most. Quite a lot of suspension components were weakened; could have lived with it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
BTW, how is the ride quality with the larger and heavier 235 wider rubber? Any regrets not going with lighter 215 cross section?
It was apollos the car came with. Wanted to go with 225 - Michelin/Yoko/Conti; but none were available, hence went with the 235.

The ride got better of course; but it's the handling and braking that improved vastly. But then, the FE got reduced by 1-2 kmpl. I might not go with the 235 again.
Old 22nd December 2018, 13:14   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
Clutch related:
They opened the entire clutch assembly and yes, the clutch plate was found fully worn out. Since the Flywheel too was found affected, I told them to go ahead with a complete clutch overhaul which includes DM Flywheel + clutch plate + pressure plate + release bearing ( estimate approx.= 70k + 5500 labour)
This is around the amount I warned you about a few months back.

For the record Skoda officially offers a single mass flywheel replacement as AFAIK this is the only option for official clutch repair now, which brings the cost down to some 40k + labour.
Steeroid is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 07:06   #82
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
This is around the amount I warned you about a few months back.

For the record Skoda officially offers a single mass flywheel replacement as AFAIK this is the only option for official clutch repair now, which brings the cost down to some 40k + labour.
The cost also includes suspension components including the lower arm. The clutch was inevitable. Was thinking of going for some performance clutch kit + Bilstein B6. Even after the clutch overhaul there is some lag/shudder in the higher gears when pressed hard; looks like the OE clutch is unable to handle the power surge from the mapped 2.0

BTW, drove it for some 70 km. The suspension is new car like and so is the overall refinement except for the lag I stated before; not a big deal if you go easy at the throttle until you get the adequate torque.

There is ABS/Traction control / steering warning or error showing up. Called them up to know that one of the rear ABS sensors seemed to have gone bad. Will have to get it replaced tomorrow
M35 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2018, 14:57   #83
M35
BHPian

Update:

Replaced one ABS sensor (front RHS) yesterday morning. Spent a bomb; yet totally satisfied as the vehicle now is brand new like. The ride quality is butter smooth and the overall refinement and driving experience is something one needs to experience.

This mini-beast is a keeper. She is getting a Christmas gift today; guess what? The Yeti will be spending some good 8 hours @LeatherMan/Palakkad today. Can't wait to drive up the hills to Munnar early morning tomorrow.
M35 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2018, 17:29   #84
M35
BHPian

Yeti got LeatherMan'ed!
The floor, seats, hand-rest, boot- all in black now. Even the OE mats laminated. More details soon !
My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-rsz_img_20181229_165527.jpg
M35 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st January 2019, 23:02   #85
M35
BHPian

Update:
Will be driving to Pete's @Kochi (again) early morning tomorrow. This time it's the Bilstein B6 for the Yeti.
M35 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 23:40   #86
M35
BHPian

My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-img_20190201_111442.jpg
The rear one

Got bankrupt (again) but the Bilstein touch is simply magical. Now Pete’s @Kochi is in Vytilla. Got there before 9.00 am and the work started at around 9.45am and the vehicle was ready by 12.15. These guys know what they do. Left Pete’s and had a well deserved lunch at a restaurant nearby. Drove in to Global tyres opposite and got the wheel alignment done. The return drive was exhilarating indeed. Yeti’s always been a good handler but the Bilstein (B6) takes it to a different league altogether. Got home near Ottapalam from Vytilla (in the peak hours) in just under 2 hours.

More details in a day or two!
M35 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 13:01   #87
M35
BHPian

Did a Palakkad-Rajakkad (near Munnar) and back. The Bilstein B6 upgrade has transformed this car into a brute; the Yeti is rock solid at ANY speed now. Did manage to click a couple of images after the first leg of the trip.

My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-dsc_7502.jpg

The all-new black interior provides supreme comfort in addition to the overall appeal.

My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-dsc_7510.jpg
M35 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 19:29   #88
M35
BHPian

Haven’t had time to update this thread with details recently. Firstly, a bit on the work done at Leatherman a few months back. The Yeti had been running with its OE carpet all these years and in Kerala rains when got wet, it produced an uncomfortable odour until it dried up eventually. Wanted to solve the issue with a premium touch and this black leatherette custom stitched to perfection takes it to a new high, both functionally and cosmetically.

The seats were removed and the measurements were taken. Pieces were cut and stitched which eventually got spread over the OE carpet
My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-img_20181225_203911.jpg

The Yeti spent one whole day at LeatherMan/Palakkad and it didn’t come cheap either. The Yeti now is the third car in a raw which got leatherman’ed recently. With the additional custom under-thigh and lumbar support, the long drives have become supremely comfortable

My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-img_20181229_165330.jpg

My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-img_20181229_165355.jpg

My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-img_20181229_165427.jpg
M35 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 17:46   #89
M35
BHPian

Time to update I guess as I am flying back home in a week time; which means two months of workout for Yeti in Monsoon. I have to get the fluids changed before that and was thinking of sending it to Pete's @Kochi instead of the regular Pinnacle Skoda @Thrissur. The main reason being, better quality fluids and better care, but at a (slightly) higher cost. They use Liquimoli Toptech engine oil, for an example.

I was thinking of getting the Timing belt kit replaced and Pete's quote something around Rs.17.5 + labour. I also had asked them to check the price of Engine mounts, gearbox mounts, water pump and fan belt.
Engine mount- 9620
Water pump (vaico)- 5460
Gearbox mounting- 10920

Are these prices reasonable?
Old 8th June 2019, 22:17   #90
M35
BHPian

As per Skoda (SA @Pinnacle Skoda Thrissur), the timing belt kit replacement is recommended at 120k mark. I was thinking of replacing them and other related parts along (like water pump) at 80k km (7 years) as a preventive maintenance exercise but now I feel it is bit of an overkill. Thinking of just doing the regular service/fluids+ filters change. Now the dilemma is to get it done at Pete's (with premium fluids like Liquimoly Toptec) or at the regular Skoda. Will decide by Monday.

BTW, the parts appear significantly cheaper at the Skoda service. The details
  • Timing kit - 12k
  • Engine mount- 9.3k
  • Gearbox mount - 8.4k
  • Water pump- 2.3k
  • Labour- 4.1k

Last edited by M35 : 8th June 2019 at 22:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks