Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th June 2019, 23:03   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: My pre-owned Skoda Yeti. EDIT: Remapped by Petes, and now with Bilstein B6 dampers

For workmanship alone, I would go with Pete's. But you would be a better judge, shouldn't go wrong with either.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2019, 06:27   #92
M35
BHPian

Default Re: My pre-owned Skoda Yeti. EDIT: Remapped by Petes, and now with Bilstein B6 dampers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
For workmanship alone, I would go with Pete's. But you would be a better judge, shouldn't go wrong with either.
I will be taking it to Pete's myself; just the oil/filter service this time. The timing kit/mountings saving for next time as there is no issue/vibrations felt inside. The K&N air filter needs cleaning; other filters need to get replaced and more importantly, looking forward to its performance with the Liquimoly Toptec + additive after having done the engine flush. Will update here accordingly.

Last edited by M35 : 10th June 2019 at 06:29.
M35 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2019, 22:29   #93
M35
BHPian

Update:

The oil service was done at Pete's @Kochi this time. The engine flushed and refilled with Liquimoly Toptech. The oil filter, A/C filter, Fuel filter all replaced and the K&N air filter cleaned and put back. The OWS engine oil additive was added and also the diesel additive.

Did close to 900km since then - one Palakkad-Munnar (and back) and a few Palakkad-Kochi (and back). Yeti is super silent now and FE appears to have improved by some 2 to 3 km/L If you sedately drive around, just under 80kmph, the MID shows anything in the range of 17-19 kmpL. My usual average FE now is around 14.5 kmpL with speeds consistently in the north of 120kmph.

I had a Harrier accompanying me during a drive to Kochi airport last week. That guy was a spirited driver too and was struggling to catch up with my Yeti which was breezing at 140 kmph @2600 RPM. What a refinement post the oil service! One needs to do these speeds to enjoy the magic Bilsteins at work. The Harrier gave up after some 10 km or so. I was on my way to park the Yeti at CIAL before flying out to attend a 2-day conference near Hong Kong.

Will be getting the Timing kit replaced at Petes' too, mostly this Friday. Will update here then.

OT: The Tata Harrier has some presence, and in white, it looked majestic, to say the least.

Last edited by M35 : 3rd July 2019 at 22:41.
M35 is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote