Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2020, 22:21   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
I checked all the fuses - under the dash and near the battery under the hood. Took everything out and replaced – didn't help.

The next stop was the battery; especially the issues are only at the startup. I am not a technical person, but I wondered if the battery couldn't retain the charge sufficiently. Could an insufficiently charged or erratically functioning battery be the culprit? At least I wished so as it seemed the cheapest and fastest solution.

The battery was Amaron AAM-PR-574102069 (74Ah) manufactured in 01/2016. That was four years and the kind of usage pattern that the vehicle has had under my possession I thought it was about time for a replacement, even if it didn't solve the problem.

Just a day before I set out to fly out, I went to the Amaron dealership at Palakkad and got a brand-new battery – the same Yeti specific. Another scan was performed, and all the error codes erased out. The car started very smoothly, and I drove back home. Did multiple trips/restarts over ten days now, no warning signs/errors anymore.
I was about to recommend you to check the battery as the symptoms of multiple warning lights typically point to insufficient battery charge. When my battery winds down, its christmas lights on the dash. If you are not driving the car for months, its better to disconnect the negative terminal and store it, so that the battery does not completely discharge and thus prolonging the life span.
iTNerd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 22:33   #107
M35
BHPian

Update:

Right after my last post last week, Wifey called and said the same warning light popped up (again) at start up; got it started after multiple trials thoiugh.

Got a driver to get it dropped at SGA Skoda the next morning. Once gain, a big thumbs up to the SM Mr.Wilson for receiving the vehicle the first thing in the morning with no prior appointment; I had made a call to him the previous night though. My driver was dropped back to Coimbatore town by Skoda (from where he returned back home)

The diagnosis began = Check the entire ECU wiring harness. By afternoon I received the first update from Wilson on my Whatsapp. They found insufficient voltage across the main Relay (100) in the main fuse box under the hood. They replaced had it with another, and the vehicle was kept under observation. They were off the next two days (Pongal). I told them to leave the vehicle there until Friday where they could check/test again. The vehicle started normally on Friday and the voltage was normal as well. I was to arrive at the Coimbatore airport the next day early morning, and hence thought of taking it by myself. As per my instruction, an overall check was performed especially the condition of brake pads. Asked them to change oil filter, fuel filter and the AC/Pollen filter. I had changed the oil to Liquimoly Molygen earlier/two weeks back. Wilson updated saying that the vehicle is back to it's prestine condition, and ready for delivery. As exactly promised by Wilson, the next day morning at sharp 8:30, the vehicle was delivered to me by SA, Mr. Raja Sekhar. A big thanks to him for having had to report half an hour early for me. The total bill came around Rs.6150, of which that Relay costed just around Rs.1500.

Have been driving it around for two days now, and Yeti is back to it's very best once again.

Last edited by M35 : 19th January 2020 at 22:37.
M35 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 22:24   #108
M35
BHPian

It was yesterday that I spent the entire day stitching up this custom made leather steering wheel cover! The result = very very satisfying
My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-img_20200120_091548-small.jpg
M35 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 15:16   #109
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was yesterday that I spent the entire day stitching up this custom made leather steering wheel cover! [/ATTACH]
That's a very neat job. Amazing finish.

Hope you walk us through the process in a new thread dedicated to it.
Tgo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 22:20   #110
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
That's a very neat job. Amazing finish.

Hope you walk us through the process in a new thread dedicated to it.
Thanks. Got this online from China. I had to send them the pictures of the steering wheel and vehicle model. It came with- instructions, a needle, double sided tape, nylon thread, scissors etc. It took time as I needed it to align exactly with the wheel such that it gave the factory fit and finish. A couple of pictures that I managed to take at installation.
My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-img_20200119_110440-1.jpg

My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-img_20200119_131029.jpg

It costed me Rs. 3000 equivalent
M35 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 22:48   #111
M35
BHPian

Posting a picture after a while. The Yeti after a detailing session. Had a quick drive to Bangalore and back (to Palakkad) on the same day, in addition to a couple of Munnar trips!
Yeti+ Bilstein B6 + Pete's remap + K&N + Liqui Moly engine oil + Ceratec + wider continentals = amazing driving experience
My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-yeti.jpg
M35 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 23:57   #112
M35
BHPian

Updating after a long break! A lock-down DIY!
My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-6k5a1465.jpg
M35 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th July 2020, 00:08   #113

Hey, M35. Great looking car there.
Our Yeti 4x4 is due for its annual service and I was wondering if you could help me.
The best results that you've got is with the LiquiMoly Engine oil. Was there a LiquiMoly Engine flush before that? What brand of coolant?
I need your help on this big time: when we go through rough patches of roads, there is quite a few jiggles (not rattles) from the dash. What would solve those little jiggles? Any cabin insulation/ padding that could help? Kindly help.
SkodaFan0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 15:51   #114

Quote:
Yeti+ Bilstein B6 + Pete's remap + K&N + Liqui Moly engine oil + Ceratec + wider continentals = amazing driving experience
Thanks for this. Can you tell us how much the Bilstein B6 costed you and how is the performance.
Old 3rd December 2020, 18:53   #115
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srik0305 View Post
Thanks for this. Can you tell us how much the Bilstein B6 costed you and how is the performance.
I bought and installed it from Petes @Kochi, for aroundnRs. 1Lac if I remember it right, including installation. The performance is priceless if you are a spirited driver. Slow speed it gets bumpier but as the speed picks up, you will love the magic. Such is the handling. Is it worth it? Depends; to me it is. Even with Petes remap (stage 1) the Bilsteins asks for more!
M35 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 21:27   #116
M35
BHPian

Just a minor update
My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-img_20201205_212426.jpg
M35 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 21:50   #117
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkodaFan0 View Post
Hey, M35. Great looking car there.

The best results that you've got is with the LiquiMoly Engine oil. Was there a LiquiMoly Engine flush before that? What brand of coolant?
I need your help on this big time: when we go through rough patches of roads, there is quite a few jiggles (not rattles) from the dash. What would solve those little jiggles? Any cabin insulation/ padding that could help? Kindly help.
Yes, the Top Tec, and this with ceratec performs superbly at least for 10k kms. Yes, I do an engine flush prior to the oil change. The coolant is Wurth Red. I dont get any noise from anywhere except the tyre noise from the wider continentals. Sorry for the late reply
Old 30th January 2021, 14:19   #118
M35
BHPian

Got 4 new shoes for the Yeti. It’s difficult to source premium brands these days. DBS @Kochi was the only one that had them in stock. Wanted the 225 55 R16, but non-existent. Two hours each, up and down (Palakkad-Aluva) + 1 hour installation. The upsized 235 60 R16 still about 25k km life left though!

- Softer ride (lighter)
- Similar grips (perceived braking)= superb ( I am a spirited driver)
- Quiet (by miles), being narrower than the 235s.
- Similar handling, but will give it to the 235s here, marginally
- The 235s were like beasts on the Yeti, looked gorgeous.
My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-img_20210129_190923.jpg

My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-conty.png
M35 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 14:37   #119
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Yeti remains one of my favorite car ever. When I was in the market, Skoda had already discontinued the diesel with 4x4 and only had a 1.2 Turbo with front wheel drive!
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 17:24   #120
M35
BHPian

The Yeti feels 'lighter' now with the newer set of shoes. Also did decarbonization recently (the air-intake method). I am slowly starting to get the itch to get back to birding and hence thinking of a BOF Pajero sport to replace the Yeti. The decision isn't easy as I am now gotten used to immaculate handling, precise steering, sharp braking in this mini-rocket. Let's see!

My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-img_20210207_200449.jpg
M35 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks