Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2018, 14:46   #46
BHPian

re: Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Posting screenshots of the details taken from Torque App using an OBD 2 reader.
Hi a4anurag,

Congrats on your steed!

I have a small query: I just got an OBD2 reader for my petrol Creta. Do you leave the OBD2 reader plugged in after switching off the car? Just want to make sure it doesn't drain the battery.
sid_deb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 17:07   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Do you leave the OBD2 reader plugged in after switching off the car?
Yes sir, I've left it plugged in. So far no issues.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 19:25   #48

Congrats a4anurag !!!
Thanks for reporting the DIY in detail
Can you please share the link for fuse tap ?
I assume this fuse tap would fit Next Gen Verna as well ?

Quote:
MODIFICATION #2: DIY Install of Auto dimming IRVM

Fit the Low-profile mini ATM fuse tap into selected fuse (I chose 'FR Power Outlet (20A)', highlighted with a yellow arrow)
Attachment 1742264[/center][/b]
rameshwiz07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 19:57   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshwiz07 View Post
Can you please share the link for fuse tap ?
Here's the link:

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B077LQ68ZT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_1SMSAbHB3SCD2

I am not sure about the Verna but I presume it'll be the same.
Old 21st March 2018, 23:28   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Yes sir, I've left it plugged in. So far no issues.
Thanks for letting me know. Have left it in for now. The red light keeps glowing and will see how it goes.

On a related note, I am using the TorquePro app as well. Based on your experience so far, how reliable is the average fuel consumption reading with the tank full method? Also do the parameters specified while creating the profile impact this reading?
Old 22nd March 2018, 00:00   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Based on your experience so far, how reliable is the average fuel consumption reading with the tank full method? Also do the parameters specified while creating the profile impact this reading?
I don't use Torque PRO App for FE related calculations so forgive me as I'll not be able to answer your query.

I've been using Fuelio App for all FE and costs related tracking.
Old 22nd March 2018, 10:32   #52
BHPian

Quote:
I don't use Torque PRO App for FE related calculations so forgive me as I'll not be able to answer your query.

I've been using Fuelio App for all FE and costs related tracking.
Ok, thanks.

I also use a similar app, Drivvo which helps in recording the FE and costs based on the tank full method. Let's see how this stacks up with the Torque Pro figures in the next couple of tank fills.
Old 23rd March 2018, 11:24   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After a short gap, here's the review of the steed that took charge from my
The Blue Streak....
Congrats Anurag on your latest acquisition, and it looks suave in that shade!!

As promised, I have done nothing but read through your thread since the last 1 hour, and I am not complaining here

As I have put this many times on the forum, I am not a SUV GUY. But if there 3 SUVs I would want to buy if someone had a gun to my head, it has to be EVOQUE, COMPASS and CRETA. Personally, Creta looks the best in White shade, and the (O) gets those lovely rims, which only accentuates the appearance.

What is more intriguing are those subtle yet superb customization that you have carried out on a brand new car. Its almost like, your Blue Streak had trained you enough to get here.

Wish you many many more happy & fuss free mile munching buddy.

Happy Motoring.

Last edited by theMAG : 23rd March 2018 at 19:01. Reason: Restricting to the policy limit of upto 2 smileys/post.
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 18:40   #54
BHPian

Hey Anurag- First of all welcome back to the community after a brief hiatus!

Congratulations on your new ride and its not a surprise to me with the DIYs which you have done to your car ( experience from swift has definitely helped you ).

Am aware you were more inclined towards SCross 1.6 but MS decided to stop the production of the same. Am pretty sure, Creta would also provide you better driving comfort and niggle free experience.

Keep the thread alive along with the mods so that people can be inspired to try mods by themselves!

Happy miles and smiles!!!

Regards
Ananthc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2018, 09:58   #55
BANNED

UPDATE: SensAiry Android Auto activated

Quote:
SensAiry Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

Pretty happy with the setup so far and all that is pending in this is the link to Android Auto so I don't need to have the phone in the vicinity mounted somewhere. Will be regularly updating the long term review on the TPMS as days pass by.
Quoting my own post on the SensAiry TPMS installation. Was in constant touch with Prabhu Sir and he promised to help me out with the activation of the SensAiry on Android Auto compatible HU's. My Creta's HU comes with Android Auto so it was an easy task but for that one needs to start 'Developer Mode' for Android Auto App. Here's how it is done:

On your mobile, click on 'Android Auto icon to open the app'
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-1.jpg

Once the App is open, Click on the Top left - 3 horizontal bars (as highlighted in the image)
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-2.jpg

Click on 'About'
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-3.jpg

Once opened, tap multiple times to enable Developer Mode
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-4.jpg

Here's how it will when you are nearing the developer mode enabling
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-5.jpg

Click on 'OK' to enable the Developer Mode
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-6.jpg

Developer Mode - Enabled
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-7.jpg

In the 'About' page, click on the 3 vertical dots to access the Developer Mode options
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-8.jpg

In the Options, scroll down to last to find - "Unknown Sources"..
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-9.jpg

...Click the checkbox of Unknown sources.
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-10.jpg

• The above steps will enable the developer mode and this is to be done only once for the first time.

• Without performing the above steps, SensAiry will NOT work on Android Auto HU. After enabling the 'Unknown sources', exit the App on your mobile.

• Connect the mobile to the HU using the cable suitable for the mobile being used.

SensAiry on Android Auto - First Look

After the Android Auto launches on the HU, click on the icon highlighted in Yellow in the image below to access SensAiry
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-img_20180407_081358.jpg

'SensAiry' as seen as an App in the list. Click on it
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-sensairy-hu.jpg

Home screen with pressures and temperatures being displayed for the 4 tyres along with buttons to change the units for Pressure and Temperature
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-sceen-1.jpg

Screen 2 for Spare wheel
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-screen-2.jpg

View of the screen at night time when Pilot Lamp/Headlight is switched ON
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-night-time-view.jpg

Displaying the different units for Pressure (psi, bar and kPa)
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-pressure-units.jpg

Displaying the different units for Temperature (Deg C and Deg F)
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-temp-units.jpg

Thanks to Prabhu Sir the last part of the TPMS is complete as of today and I hope the App and hardware is reliable and much more developments happen for we customers. I am NOT commercially involved with SensAiry. Just sharing for the benefit of all. For Android Auto enabling, please contact Mr. Prabhu, he'll guide you on the way forward.

PS: SensAiry is not yet available on the Apps recommended to be used with "Android Auto" reason below as told by Prabhu Sir!

Quote:
The build we finished with Android Auto support is rejected by Google as they are saying they will work only with Auto manufacturing partners / OEM's. We are fighting with them but they are not accepting.
Sad to see this bottleneck for Tymtix team and hope this reaches Google and the App is put in the accepted list so it helps all.

Last edited by a4anurag : 7th April 2018 at 10:05.
a4anurag is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 8th April 2018, 22:24   #56
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE: SensAiry Android Auto activated
Hi Anurag,

I have a doubt regarding the AA integration.

Since Sensairy uses bluetooth how does the phone connect to the HU and the sensors simultaneously?
Old 8th April 2018, 23:31   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
Since Sensairy uses bluetooth how does the phone connect to the HU and the sensors simultaneously?
This is what SensAiry guys responded for the question:

Quote:
SensAiry App and SensAiry sensors are never in connected state due to which you can connect to other bluetooth enabled devices.

SensAiry app and sensors communicate and exchange data through beacon packets which does not require them to be in connected state. This lets you connect to other devices without any issues.
Also Android Auto connects to the HU via USB cable and needs Bluetooth + GPS to be ON.
Old 17th April 2018, 15:16   #58
BANNED

Received an SMS few days back from Hyundai stating the Annual Map Update is available for my car's HU.

Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-screenshot_20180411120231.jpg

Called up my SA and informed him about the same. As per the SA it takes 40 minutes for the update to be done so decided to club it with the 3rd free service.

Last edited by a4anurag : 17th April 2018 at 15:17.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th April 2018, 17:49   #59
BHPian

Quote:
MODIFICATION #6: DIY Headlight Bulb upgrade (Minor one) from Sylvania to Philips Xtreme Vision
[/b]
Hey Anurag,

I'm already in awe of the DIYs you've posted.
I've myself got Creta SX (O) in Feb. Just wanted to know the config of the updated fog bulb you had put. I couldn't see the Tech specs of the same.

Or have you used the same HB3 Philips Xtreme Vision Lamp for both fog lights?
catchdoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2018, 18:21   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchdoon View Post
I've myself got Creta SX (O) in Feb.
Congratulations Sir on the Creta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchdoon View Post
Just wanted to know the config of the updated fog bulb you had put. I couldn't see the Tech specs of the same.

Or have you used the same HB3 Philips Xtreme Vision Lamp for both fog lights?
Fog lamps are stock. There's nothing good available to upgrade to.

It is the headlight bulbs that I have upgraded to Phillips Xtreme Vision.

Technical specifications are in Post No. 5 of this thread.

Most Viewed