Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2018, 22:18   #16
BHPian

Re: My Maruti Swift VXi AMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
Highway Drive Update:

Just completed a long drive from Bangalore-->Chikmagalur-->Arsikere-->Bangalore.

I drove on a mix of divided (toll roads), undivided roads and curved hilly roads. The fuel economy number was at 18.7 kmpl.

The automatic's behavior was predictable. At some places (specially in the hilly terrain), I did shift to manual to enable quick overtaking.
Congrats on your new car. Happy motoring. You cant go wrong with a Maruti I think at this price range, especially a swift. It will tick most boxes and also give you the added assurance of Maruti service.

I would like to know if you face any issues while climbing inclines, especially if you have to stop and start on an incline. Does the car roll back? Are you forced to use the hand brake often?
Old 29th June 2018, 01:05   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjkonline View Post
I would like to know if you face any issues while climbing inclines, especially if you have to stop and start on an incline. Does the car roll back? Are you forced to use the hand brake often?
Yes, the car will and does roll back. Hand brake has to be used, in case we stop on an incline.

The climbing experience also varies depending on the steepness of the incline and the usage of Auto vs Manual option.

In Auto, on a steep incline, at low speeds, the gear box does get confused on whether to stay on 1st gear or move to 2nd gear. I usually shift to Manual in such situations (for e.g: My Office Parking [multi-level])

However, climbing normal gradients (like hilly roads), is perfectly fine in Auto Mode. In fact it is actually quite enjoyable, due to the cornering capabilities of the vehicle
Old 17th November 2018, 06:49   #18
BHPian

Hello Sir, how is the experience so far. Any niggles or any of the famous AMT woes observed with the swift?
Old 24th June 2020, 15:50   #19
BHPian

I have been driving my Swift VXi AGS since Feb 2020 and have covered just over 2100 kms. The MID shows a fuel economy of 17 km/l. However, using the tankful to tankful method I am getting ~12.75 km/l in city driving.

The car has had only one servicing done so far. I hope to see the mileage increase in the subsequent months after the second and third servicing.
kushagra452 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 17:31   #20
BHPian

3.5 Years Update:

1. The car has clocked around 24,000 kms

2. Sedate driving style has resulted in good fuel economy for city runs, it is consistently returning 14+. This can further improve if I drive longer (current run is in a 5-6 kms radius). Highway driving gives 20+ easily (don't have to try hard to get good fuel economy on highways)

3. No rattles as of now

4. Aerodynamic shape and Stiff suspension setup is giving excellent cornering capabilities

5. AMT gear box is performing well. Movement from 1st gear to 2nd gives is noticeable, however beyond that, it's pretty smooth

6. Car is serviced periodically at Kalyani Motors, Bannerghatta Road. Service is fine. However, Maruti service is not cheap. They tend to up-sell lot of unwanted stuff

7. I was concerned about the low-slung nature of the car. However, it has held well on speed breakers

8. I polish and wax it regularly. White colour, definitely helps in reducing frequent washes. Even before covid started, I used to wash the car only once a week. The interval has increased now. Covered parking helps in keeping the car exterior clean

9. I do get the cabin air filter changed every time I got for a service. For some reason the SA's try to advocate cleaning the existing filter, instead of replacement

10. Got bored of the black stock fabric seat covers and went for the below (little radical to match the dark red on the dials):

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/banga...ml#post5128170 (Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore))

11. When I get bored with the AMT, I shift to the manual mode. It's fun to drive the car in manual as it allows more control over gear box

12. One thing for sure, the K12N engine is absolutely a gem. It is super refined, very silent and adequately tuned

Will update some pics in due course.

Last edited by TSEA : 26th August 2021 at 17:33.
TSEA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 13:41   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
3.5 Years Update:

1. The car has clocked around 24,000 kms

5. AMT gear box is performing well. Movement from 1st gear to 2nd gives is noticeable, however beyond that, it's pretty smooth

Will update some pics in due course.
Hi @TSEA
Have you noticed any difference in the clutch performance between 1st and 2nd gear on inclines after 3.5yrs? Does Maruti explicitly check for clutch health? I do understand that since Bangalore is relatively flat, you may not be encountering such terrains.

Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 21:28   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
Hi @TSEA
Have you noticed any difference in the clutch performance between 1st and 2nd gear on inclines after 3.5yrs? Does Maruti explicitly check for clutch health? I do understand that since Bangalore is relatively flat, you may not be encountering such terrains.

Thanks
It's good that you brought that topic. Whenever I climb my office parking ramp (multilevel), I do find the brains of the AMT, slightly non pleasing. It tends to upshift when I don't want it to upshift and in places wherein I want it to upshift, it retains the 1st gear. Solution, shift to manual on ramps.

However, this is only at low speeds. This vehicle is an absolute beauty to drive on hilly roads. That is because of the way the suspension is tuned and the way the petrol motor behaves. It just loves to go faster and faster on turns. I sometime joke with my friends that whenever we take sharp turn (say a 90 degree turn), it feels as if someone just picked the car and placed it back on the next road.

Since I have never felt the gear was not slotting, my service folks have also not really done anything with the clutch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks