Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 28th June 2018, 22:18   #16
BHPian

Default Re: My Maruti Swift VXi AMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
Highway Drive Update:

Just completed a long drive from Bangalore-->Chikmagalur-->Arsikere-->Bangalore.

I drove on a mix of divided (toll roads), undivided roads and curved hilly roads. The fuel economy number was at 18.7 kmpl.

The automatic's behavior was predictable. At some places (specially in the hilly terrain), I did shift to manual to enable quick overtaking.
Congrats on your new car. Happy motoring. You cant go wrong with a Maruti I think at this price range, especially a swift. It will tick most boxes and also give you the added assurance of Maruti service.

I would like to know if you face any issues while climbing inclines, especially if you have to stop and start on an incline. Does the car roll back? Are you forced to use the hand brake often?
Old 29th June 2018, 01:05   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjkonline View Post
I would like to know if you face any issues while climbing inclines, especially if you have to stop and start on an incline. Does the car roll back? Are you forced to use the hand brake often?
Yes, the car will and does roll back. Hand brake has to be used, in case we stop on an incline.

The climbing experience also varies depending on the steepness of the incline and the usage of Auto vs Manual option.

In Auto, on a steep incline, at low speeds, the gear box does get confused on whether to stay on 1st gear or move to 2nd gear. I usually shift to Manual in such situations (for e.g: My Office Parking [multi-level])

However, climbing normal gradients (like hilly roads), is perfectly fine in Auto Mode. In fact it is actually quite enjoyable, due to the cornering capabilities of the vehicle
Old 17th November 2018, 06:49   #18
BHPian

Hello Sir, how is the experience so far. Any niggles or any of the famous AMT woes observed with the swift?
Old 24th June 2020, 15:50   #19
BHPian

I have been driving my Swift VXi AGS since Feb 2020 and have covered just over 2100 kms. The MID shows a fuel economy of 17 km/l. However, using the tankful to tankful method I am getting ~12.75 km/l in city driving.

The car has had only one servicing done so far. I hope to see the mileage increase in the subsequent months after the second and third servicing.
kushagra452 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed